Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Save yourself the time
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 June 2019
Look at other places of employment unless you want to work for a company who constantly is turning over employees. This is due to low pay. Not worth to put up with the nonsense that goes on from these unqualified managers. No qualifications to be a manager other than worked for them for multiple years and kiss butt. I am not saying all managers are bad, but majority are due to this approach. Decision are being made by unqualified individuals.
Pros
Easy to get a job
Cons
Turnover, Unqualified Managers, Bad Environment
Bullies!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 June 2019
Do not kid yourself, I was warned, however, made mistake working here. Employees and managers are bullies! You will have reduced hours and be in situations that are not safe.
Pros
Cons
Culture, Bullies
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2019
Working at Leon's was a great experience the management was great and so were the coworkers, i made life long friends working there. I got to learn how to operate machines and even did security.
Pros
discounts on items
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 January 2019
Leon was initially a fun place to work at but the lack of growth opportunities forced me to leave the company. The location was extremely short staffed and there was a high turnover rate among associates.
Pros
friendly management
Cons
inadequate pay
Pretty good location, worked in warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS9 December 2018
Ratings sums it up well.

Well-defined tasks and responsibilities
Variety in the type of work and the tasks in the warehouse.
Welcoming coworkers and solid management
Fun and busy.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2018
When I was working at Leon's, it was fairly busy with loading and unloading trailers, re-stocking the isles with lift-trucks and pulling orders for customers in the store and deliveries going out the next day. Working with the other warehouse associates was fun. Back then there were issues with management.
Ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2018
It has been so long since I worked there, and so much has changed, I have no idea what it is like now. All the staff and management has changed since then.
Awful
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 October 2018
I hated my time here, It was hard work, and was disappointing to see your paycheck after the hard work you put out there. The owner almost refuses to spend any money on upgrading the system, and the warehouse management is trash.

I would not recommend working here, as you are only considered a necessary tool by the owner and the management, and will be treated like garbage.
Cons
everything
Management Nightmare
Orangeville - Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 October 2018
The communication between management with staff and even other managers was abysmal. Constantly had people doing something only to be told by another manager they needed to undo what they just did.
Hard work and low pay
Warehouse Employee (Receiving) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2018
I went into this job with low expectations but still, your are working in a hard job in a company trying to save every penny to cut cost and breaking you body doing it, not worth it unless you really need money
fun but hard
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 August 2018
young coworkers are plentiful as maybe half the entire staff at any given Leons are part-time students working all kinds of hours. breaks are fair as you get 15 minutes every 1.5 hours of work. the work itself is hard labour and tough on the body. working long hours can be detrimental to ones health, as is working too many consecutive days without adequate rest. Learn to drive a lift-truck as in house training is provided. Opportunity for advancement is available to become a supervisor and eventually a manager as in my 2 years working I have encountered several supervisor promotions as well as 3 manager promotions.
Pros
fun coworkers, frequent breaks
Cons
hard labour, poor management
Terrible
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 July 2018
I was always given a hard time by the management and it wasn't fun for me. I believe the only fun thing was greating customers when they needed things from us in the warehouse.
productive environment with many oppourtunites
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 June 2018
Leons was a fun experience where i learned many skills like using a lift truck and how to properly interact with customers. A typical day at work would be unloading a trailer for 8 hours. hardest part of the job is enduring the physical stress of carrying heavy furniture.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
30 hour work weeks
Leon's is a nice place to work.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2018
The atmosphere is nice as long as you get your work done. Schedule is decently flexible.Everyone is really easy going. A normal day involves clearing the docking area, placing newly arrived items, and retrieving items within the warehouse for delivery or for customers.
fun and productive company
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 January 2018
Leons home furniture is a very friendly place to work and all your colleagutes are very helpful and welcoming as we are apart of the family. The work is somewhat hard but you always have someone to help you when in need of help.
horrible
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
Not a good work environment, unhelpful workers, terrible management: inexperienced, immature, and high strung. inadequate pay for the work expectation. No respect for employees. Bad business practices and procedures.
Pros
got money
Cons
everything else
I enjoy being assigned specific tasks to do along with the freedom to complete them either independently or with assistance.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 January 2018
In a nutshell, I have enjoyed the busy and motivating work environment that Leon's provides. The days fly by and I strive for a common goal with many other dedicated employees. Other employers outcompete Leon's on a salary and benefit basis, however.
Pros
Independent work, easily identifiable productivity criteroa
Cons
Pay and benefits
Paranoid Management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 December 2017
Managers and supervisors allow rumors to rule the work place. They use internal camera's to manage the daily process, if you are use to someone questioning everything you do and watching over your shoulder via their internal camera surveillance you fit in. Be prepared for constant scolding in front of customers and staff.
Dreadful place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
I've worked there almost for 3 years and had a terrible experience with the management. The top hierarchy has no solutions for employees. People who can't speak appropriate English are at the management level which is really sad. Management are friends with some associates and drivers so only they get the benefit of doubt. Favoritism is always there. Complaints to the management are never kept as secrets. Management is full of gossips and hardcore grudges. Transparency is never maintained. English language seems a less priority at the work place as well as at the lunch room except the customers. No chances of growth as there's only one store in the city. The teammates are friendly and helpful. Work pressure is intense.
Pros
Dental benefits, buying marked down furniture
Cons
Horrible management
Medium
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON1 December 2017
Learned about Furniture quality. Met diverse people (co-workers and customers). At my immediate store we had a good staff with a family type feel. Pay is low, but the hours will be there for you if you are looking for a job. Benifit Package for full timers. (after 3 months)
Pros
Pizza on Big sales.