Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews for Office Assistant

Not advisable to work here
Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 May 2018
This company will not appreciate you.
The Office associates are treated worse than garbage. Always getting thrown under the bus, no appreciation at all. Verbally abused by customers, management, most of sales team.
The pay is terrible. You have to give your left arm for the company and get peanuts in return.
Management also does not get paid well. Perhaps this is why most of them are not nice/fair to their employees.
I think if they treated their employees well, they would be able to keep good employees for a long time. Disappointed in this company as a whole.
Pros
meet some good people (coworkers), work in a clean office
Cons
bad pay, no respect, long hours, bad management
Good Learning Experience
Delivery Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
While working at Leon's Furniture, I found that The management was done well and the team worked well together. Everyone was helpful and friendly. When I first began I had help from my coworkers and quickly adjusted. I enjoyed working on my people skills and maintaining a professional, yet fun work habit.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 January 2018
The workplace is full of friendly associates who want to see you succeed, not only in the company, but also in future business opportunities. The workplace also consists of associates being productive, but also having fun throughout the day.
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2017
Leons is a great place to work because you have to option to grow within the company. The staff members are also very helpful and supportive in anything you do.
An awful job, with awful pay
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 July 2016
Management is awful! Most of them treat their employees like they are their personal slaves. Sales associates are paid too much and everyone else is not paid enough. unfair here. sales staff is also constantly scrutinized. Customers abuse employees daily, and coworkers are okay.

Managers expect too much of their employees

BUT WHEN YOU UNDER-PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES LEONS, DONT EXPECT GREAT WORK :)
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
awful pay, awful management on all levels
Great entry level job
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2015
I gained customer service skills and computer skills. The coworkers are great to work with and an overall good environment to work in.
Fun people to work with
Delivery Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2015
The people really make the job great! They are fun and light hearted, very supportive of every new employee that comes in.
Lack of mature employees in management
Front Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Ontario2 April 2012
When hired, I was told that we would be given proper training. However we we're hire right at Christmas time and did not have the training needed. We we're told that as soon as boxing day was over that we would start the training process. That never came about and so before my three months were up they let me go saying that "I wasn't the right fit for the job" Well I find it hard to be the right fit when I was never trained for it.