Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2019
Working at Leon's was a great experience the management was great and so were the coworkers, i made life long friends working there. I got to learn how to operate machines and even did security.
Pros
discounts on items
Starter position
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
Good starter company for individuals who are entering the workforce and need to gain some work experience. Basic benefit package for dental and health.
Slow and calm enviroment
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2019
Very easy relaxed environment, enjoyed the work and working with customers gained lots of experience with financing and sales work, learned to accomplish many things
Hard work but good pay if you stick with the job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
current employee of a few years now.
started in warehouse and was moved to deliveries due to lack of staff.
hard work and heavy lifting ,tricky situations in some homes (moving furniture in or out of houses)
not an hourly wage, but instead pay based on truck value.
possibility of $300-$600 bonuses a month based on service rating and damaged items during deliveries.
teams are friendly, as is management.
will put you through training to get DZ license
7 AM start and finish when truck is empty, roughly 3 PM daily
will be put with a team for training until the teams deem you ready to become your own driver.
Pros
bonus, pay, friendly staff
Cons
difficult situations
working minimum but the work is too much
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Career progression is fast. within months, you can see yourself already moving up the ladder if you have what it takes to be moving up. The pay is not that much for the amount of work you are performing.
me am simple and down to work hard
Leon's (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2018
am very hard working will to work am also a good team worker and I always try to learn and work simple but sufficient lay back good very good to listen and take note well,
Pros
willing to work
Cons
no cons only if an well but still work
Good workplace culture
Customs Administrator at Leon's Home Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
A typical day at the job is productive and their cultural workplace of always valuing an employee is great. I learned about how they do business and for my first job, they are very helpful. Always pushing you to do better. The management is very friendly. If you do a good job here they will try to keep their employees. A good team player place. The majority of management and high profiles in the company have been in the company for an extensive amount of time. The majority of their employees move up with an extensive amount of time there.
Good work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Quiet environment. Typical day at work is checking emails and sitting in front of your computer the whole day. Management is ok. Company is growing and starting to restructure. should have been done a long time ago.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
some people are not so friendly
Yoga and Gym
Officer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2017
Such wonderful opportunity to assist someone in deciding what type of credit cards they would like. My job was to provide all the information to the client to help easy the decision. Helped educate client about interest and how to manage their credit better.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Late shift
It's tough. not for everyone
Sales Representative/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I joined Leon's because I heard sales ppl could make some serious dough..

I did, but I was there easily 10-12hrs day is 5 days a week. I made great $$$,but if you broke it down per hr. Not so great,

The job could be boring and you can be idle all day. Sales was always a hiring and firing show, but thats how sales is.
Pros
funn environment, big company
Cons
long hours.
Enjoyed planning the events,
INTERIOR DECORATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Leons always had some event going on at any given time which meant we had to decorate Christmas trees to plan the showroom theme for Halloween. Plan budgets, organize the showroom, help out open new showrooms.
The hardest part was coming to work on boxing day and the warehouse inventory related work.
The work culture was good in the beginning but gradually took a different turn.
Pros
job security
Cons
salary
not very nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
busy environment, sales focus. there is always some promotion of sort that we are expected to be excited about and attend. no thought is given to your time. everything is always about the company and its sales. sales event start 6am-930pm and they want you to stay. modern day slavery.
Pros
nothing
Part-Time
Customer Care Respresentative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
Work environment can get tough
Helping customers daily with customer service issues
Dealing with other stores and helping sales associates with issues
Fits around school schedule
working at leons furniture
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
great experience at leons, enjoyed my time as a hard, team working employee. Interacting with customers and helping them with leons products was a great learning experience.
Pros
lift truck experience
Cons
the lunch room
Great driving and good pay
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
I truly enjoyed driving for Leon's the pay was also great, I also enjoyed working with the crew. The Con's would have to be that it was not full time and contract ended.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Contract ended
Great team mates and great upper management
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
I worked for Leon's furniture during a very big transition in the Marketing team management. It was a great learning experience where I was able to utilize my past experiences in helping the transition go smoothly. Due to my relocation I had to submit my letter of resignation. I had a great working relationship with my boss and the new management staff that came aboard at the time. They offered sports where I joined the volley ball team and was able to participate in the Sick Kids summer tournaments. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with all the papers throughout Canada for the distribution of our flyers. I developed some very good working relationships.
Pros
Profit sharing
Nothing good to say...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
The company does not respect it's employees or it's customers. It bullies employees into harassing customers. They don't care how high your sales are or how high your warranty attachment rate is. All they care about is having you jump through hoops and treat your customers poorly. Don't shop here or work here.
Acquired a lot of experience in Customer Care
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2016
A typical day at work included taking phone-calls, generating reports, assisting customers on the phone or in person, and/or wrapping furniture for pick-ups and deliveries. My supervisors were very helpful and friendly, although my shifts would be often irregular, meaning I had to work many things around the unpredictable schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who worked as a team and looked out for each-other.
Pros
Good customer care experience
Cons
Irregular shifts
great time working there
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
Enjoy working with all the employees at leon's furnitue. management is awesome and overall provide best services to customers. Also gained more experience in serving customers and working in a team.
productive learning experience at Leon's Furniture Limited
delivery clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2016
Working at Leon's Furniture Limited was a great experience. I learned a lot of great customer service in many departments such as: Customer care, Whare House, and Deliveries. The management is very encouraging for co workers to learn and grow with the company. The co-workers make your experience at Leon's enjoyable and easy to coop with everyone. My most enjoyable period working at Leon's was working in the Whare house because it is a hands on job and made the time spent effective.
Pros
learned a lot about the computer systems used
Cons
not enough staff