Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

It is awesome.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2019
I worked at Leon's Furniture Ltd. starting from 10 o'clock until 8 o'clock PM. For helping customers' needs, I educate them, qualify the product, demonstrate the product and giving them satisfaction or giving good service.

It is enjoyable working with the whole team.
Fun and busy.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2018
When I was working at Leon's, it was fairly busy with loading and unloading trailers, re-stocking the isles with lift-trucks and pulling orders for customers in the store and deliveries going out the next day. Working with the other warehouse associates was fun. Back then there were issues with management.
Ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2018
It has been so long since I worked there, and so much has changed, I have no idea what it is like now. All the staff and management has changed since then.
Not for me
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
When I worked at Leon's there was a huge management change that made me quite uncomfortable, I was hit on by two of my bosses and I was quickly deemed an outside. most of the staff there were quite wonderful but there were a select few that made it very difficult for me to decide to stay.
Terrible Management
Delivery Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Working at Leon's was okay if you were in with the right managers, but if you weren't then you were unable to advance and were unable to take time off when requested. The benefits would be great but they don't kick in until you have worked there for a year. The sales people were generally very nice but they believed that it was your job to fix their mistakes and if you called them out they could get very hostile.
Good place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
Hard work for sure. Need to be fast to get the days work done. They use Lift Trucks, so you must be comfortable working with them. If you can think then this job is no problem. Yeah, there's heavy lifting, but there are easy methods the supervisors are willing to teach you, and always other people and equipment to help you. They have a great work culture which makes it a joy to work with everybody there.
Pros
The people and experience you will gain.
Cons
Heavy lifting
Dreadful place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2017
I've worked there almost for 3 years and had a terrible experience with the management. The top hierarchy has no solutions for employees. People who can't speak appropriate English are at the management level which is really sad. Management are friends with some associates and drivers so only they get the benefit of doubt. Favoritism is always there. Complaints to the management are never kept as secrets. Management is full of gossips and hardcore grudges. Transparency is never maintained. English language seems a less priority at the work place as well as at the lunch room except the customers. No chances of growth as there's only one store in the city. The teammates are friendly and helpful. Work pressure is intense.
Pros
Dental benefits, buying marked down furniture
Cons
Horrible management
A horrible work place experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2017
This was a horrible experience because we were trained to sell poor quality items to people and expected to upsell them warranties for this garbage. They hired too many salesmen in order that the established team did not earn more than their managers. Which caused great resentment amongst them all.
Warehouse order picker.
Part-time warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
Operate a lift truck to move/place/pick the furniture for either deliveries or customer pick-up.

Learned how to operate the lift truck/RFID scanner.

Not gonna lie, if you know how to move your weight around and can handle heavy loads then go for it. Otherwise, you really shouldn't apply.

Also good luck with the hierarchy, haha.
Excellent work culture
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2016
- A day at work is good.
- Working style of a big company and its customer service.
- Management is really helpful.
- Co-workers are friendly.
- Dealing with angry customers but with the help of training we handle such situations successfully.
- Smile on happy customers face.
Pros
Health benefits, Dental benefits.
Cons
Sometimes angry customers
Fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2016
Great place to work. Fun people to work with. Good hours. very flexible .
Easy access to buses. close to tim hortons
overall i would work at leons again if given the chance
Hard Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2016
Fast paced Company and Always Needing more staff, i did manage to buy a lot of Furniture from there so i guess that was a plus, had a good Crew to work with so that made it Fun.
Pros
See alot New Furniture
Cons
Can Never Afford alot of the New Furniture.
play ground for the kids
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
Atypical day at work, is when i get to work and call my customers regarding they're stock.

I've learned to grow and grow each day.

Management is awesome, everyone is like a family at Leon's and that's what i love most about it.

Co-workers are great and you get to meet new people everyday.

The hardest part of the time is trying to figure out what your customers need/want, instead of thinking about how much they will spend or how they are mean to you just because you are a sale rep; but that is the best part about being a sales rep.

When i help a customer pick out everything for they're house. that makes my day, i feel like if i can help that person make they're home beautiful and within they're budget, then that is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
busy days, employees, and happy customers.
Cons
long hours, managing your paychecks.
family oriented and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2015
fun work place with the supportive management. the most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
promotion days
Cons
promotion days
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2013
I was only with Leon's a short time as I moved to Edmonton area. while I was there I really enjoyed Leon's. Some of the customers could be hard to deal with as is the norm in any customer service job, but all in all was a good happy place to work.
Pros
Fantastic bosses/co-workers
Cons
just enjoyed job
Large furniture company, multi level departments, good atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2013
A typical day at work includes training associates, working with servie techs, delivery personal, reporting to the area supervisor, having daily meetings with department managers and sales assocaites. following all health and safety protocols. Receiving product. Running reports on sales volumes and measurable categories for the store. The staff are the most enjoyable part of the job. De-hiring is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
No western base of operations
Not very team oriented and definately not any support
Customer Service/Management (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2012
This place is all full of false promises just to keep you employed there and as long as you are willing to wait your lifetime to see these promises take place then I would recommend getting another job. The management is horrid no support what so ever and tend to favor to the longer employees whether good or bad, right or wrong. Not willing to accept new ideas and make you feel like your ideas are awesome but yet don't do anything and when questioned they treat you like you are dumb. Not to mention that they pay is slavery
Pros
none really
Good work, friendly staff, bad management replacement
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2012
it was solid work, but sometimes it just got to be too much work and the manager they brought in wouldnt hire anymore warehouse associates
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
An enjoyable and informative place to work.
Data Entry/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2012
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers at the front desk, helping customers with their orders and other inquiries. I learned how better to assist customers, both in person and on the phone. Both management and my co-workers were helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was working with numbers, which the job greatly helped me to improve. The most enjoyable aspect was being able to help customers in a comprehensive and timely manor.