Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2018
It has been so long since I worked there, and so much has changed, I have no idea what it is like now. All the staff and management has changed since then.
Heavy lifting for small wages, always in call
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 October 2018
Heavy lifting for small wages, always on call, never a proper schedule for the delivery driver and the swampers (myself) all around unprofessional. I used to work in the warehouse now they moved me to the trucks and they wanted me on their, I was doing great until they hired one of the new warehouse managers 11 days or so ago and now he fires me? I’d say wrongful dismissal but I’m not sure!!
Pros
Optional lunch’s
Cons
No breaks
Depreciating and dysfunctional..
Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
I only worked at Leon's as long as I did because the hours were ideal in respect to having kids. The environment was negative and gossipy. The management was slack and unsupportive, at least, for those employees NOT in sales. The salaries; positively laughable, even if one wished to advance.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 October 2018
Management and colleagues are friendly.As usual,commission based jobs are challenging but can make enough money.there is up's and down's in sale rate depends on season and promotion.
Pros
Lot of free time.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 October 2018
There was losts exercise with this company.good people lots work liked driving doing deliveries and working with the public great times the hole 5 years
Good
Awful
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 October 2018
I hated my time here, It was hard work, and was disappointing to see your paycheck after the hard work you put out there. The owner almost refuses to spend any money on upgrading the system, and the warehouse management is trash.

I would not recommend working here, as you are only considered a necessary tool by the owner and the management, and will be treated like garbage.
Cons
everything
working minimum but the work is too much
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Career progression is fast. within months, you can see yourself already moving up the ladder if you have what it takes to be moving up. The pay is not that much for the amount of work you are performing.
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 October 2018
could not really survive off of commission only sales, hard to keep up if you are in school or are working part time but maybe you can make it work who knows
Not for me
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
When I worked at Leon's there was a huge management change that made me quite uncomfortable, I was hit on by two of my bosses and I was quickly deemed an outside. most of the staff there were quite wonderful but there were a select few that made it very difficult for me to decide to stay.
Management Nightmare
Orangeville - Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 October 2018
The communication between management with staff and even other managers was abysmal. Constantly had people doing something only to be told by another manager they needed to undo what they just did.
day workin at leons
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
Learned how to use a RF scanner
How to drive a forklift
How to work quick
Hardest part was unload trailers when there was more than 2 and being the only full-time employee
Learned how to work on my own
I enjoyed the supervisors and the fact that they played music to help pass the time
I had to pick doors for delivery for the next day for the drivers and do customer pick ups
Amazing!
Front Office Supervisor/Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 September 2018
Such an amazing work environment, as soon as I started everyone treated me like I had been there for years. Absolutely amazing management team as well.
Pros
generosity of the employees
Cons
non
Hard work and low pay
Warehouse Employee (Receiving) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2018
I went into this job with low expectations but still, your are working in a hard job in a company trying to save every penny to cut cost and breaking you body doing it, not worth it unless you really need money
fun but hard
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 August 2018
young coworkers are plentiful as maybe half the entire staff at any given Leons are part-time students working all kinds of hours. breaks are fair as you get 15 minutes every 1.5 hours of work. the work itself is hard labour and tough on the body. working long hours can be detrimental to ones health, as is working too many consecutive days without adequate rest. Learn to drive a lift-truck as in house training is provided. Opportunity for advancement is available to become a supervisor and eventually a manager as in my 2 years working I have encountered several supervisor promotions as well as 3 manager promotions.
Pros
fun coworkers, frequent breaks
Cons
hard labour, poor management
Nothing special
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 August 2018
Sales associates are greedy, unfriendly and hardly ever want you on the floor. They try to eat you and never have the good attitude to the new people. I cannot recommend.
Front Office Associate
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 August 2018
I worked for Leon's for 7 years and loved what I did and the people. The only downfall (and the reason I left) was the pay. I was paid a little less then a Walmart cashier.
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay
Friendly, task oriented and productive
Warehouse/General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 August 2018
I had a great work environment, great staff surrounding me, good benefits with fun people and volenteer opportunities.
I actually had that " Family at Leons" experience.
Leon's Brampton
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 August 2018
It is difficult to work alongside older members of their team, with their vast number of customers throughout the years it is difficult to pick up sales, and there is still competition.
not a positive work environment
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON11 July 2018
A typical day at work is being on the delivery truck all day, driving from house to house and returning when the deliveries are finished. In the busy months we are out from 8am to sometimes 10pm or 11pm. The work environment is not positive or a happy place to be and the employees receive no respect from management
Pros
summer bonus
Cons
long hours, unhelpful and unkind staff
Terrible
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 July 2018
I was always given a hard time by the management and it wasn't fun for me. I believe the only fun thing was greating customers when they needed things from us in the warehouse.