Leon's Furniture
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

Canada556 reviews

Great People, Low Pay

The people working at Leon’s are fantastic. Most managers are excellent which can make or break a job. Unfortunately, if you want to make this company your career, it’s almost impossible. They do not pay a livable wage. Profit sharing bonus is nice once a year. But, with the cost of everything in todays society, you cannot survive on what you make at Leon’s, hence they have a huge turnover rate. If Leon’s paid their associates a liveable wage, they would have people long term.

Good To Work Here…So much to Learn

Its Good if you want to learn and upgrade yourself. Managers are really Helpful. Leons is one of the best company in Furnitures and they give great training to be successful

Great place to work!

Positive all around since new management in past two years. It’s truly teamwork. I actually enjoy going to work!Free parking, climate controlled, management and coworkers all support each other so they all succeed.

n/a

long hours of work but had 3 days off in the week, which was great. sales meeting every Saturday

Good place can’t complain

Good place with some bad workers that are annoying like people who try to talk down on you nice people get taken advantage of and new workers and temp

Super stressful and competitive

Their training sucks and they expect you to be a perfect sales person and sell the air to customers as there is no stock. They say probation period is only 3months, but they keep you in probation at least for a full year regardless how well you are doing. They pay you minimum wage and if you earn some commission they deduct what they already paid you from it. Managers bully sales associates and force them to sell warranty on every single item. Please don't apply for any position at Leon's if you respect yourself no matter how desperate you are to find a job.

You get what you give into it

Started as sales associate 15 years ago now GM store manager. As A sales associate pay is commission if that scares you wrong place to work if you want to be paid what your really worth its great. I made great money and worked less than 40 hours a week on average. Sales work long days but 70% of the time have 3 days off unless big event is on. Weekends are standard its busy you make money. You want 9-5 mon- Fri this is not for you, its retail. Advancement opportunities are good especially if you are willing to relocate you can be asked to go anywhere across the country but they won't force you, you can offer a list of where you would like to go. I work with people that have been there 1 yr, 5yrs, 10, 20, 30, 40 plus years that should say something.

Pros

Promote from within, mangers who genuinely care about employees

Cons

working weekends for most people

Terrible Management

Awful place to work. The higher ups walk around with their nose in the air and treat you like you’re dirt beneath their feet rather than their equal.

Love working here honestly. The management is great and very welcoming. I’m a student and the managers always take into consideration my availability before making the schedule.

Ok

Bof c'était une expérience démotivante avec y e equipe

Bad place that might steal your chuque.

This place is awful. They have poor warehouse management that has no clue what they are doing. They lie openly to consumers and severely underpay you. Just don’t.

Pros

Cons

All of it.

Best Job I've ever had

I worked at Leon's for roughly a year before I moved away to attend post secondary school, and it still remains as the best job I ever had. Don't get me wrong, working on the delivery truck is hard work, but the pay was more than fair and the hours were great (on the delivery team you don't work a set schedule, your day is done when the deliveries are done, so the harder and faster you work the earlier you get off. Management can be a tad bit challenging but they are great people who truly care about the employees, work with them and they will work with you. Great company.

Pros

Flexible hours, great pay, no micromanagement

Cons

Long days occasionally but not normally, grumpy customers and poor housing conditions to deliver in (not the company's fault)

Super stressful and competitive

Their training sucks and they expect you to be a ferfect sales person and sell the air to customers as there is no stock. They say probation period is only 3months, but they keep you in probation for a full year regardless how well you are doing. They pay you minimum wage and if you earn some commission they deduct what they already paid you from it.

Enticing Monetary Compensation, but Not Worth it.

After my interview, I was extremely excited to work for this company. I was told that it didn't matter that I didn't know the industry, they would teach that to me, all I needed to do was bring a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Six months later, they terminated me using a garbage excuse that the company wasn't doing well enough to sustain another full time worker (meanwhile I learned from an inside source that they had hired two new people not long beforehand). They had had record months for sales, and were consistently bringing in more than 100 grand every weekend. So you can imagine.Their training was nonexistent, but yet you're demonized for not knowing or understanding what to do with all the information you're told to collect from people. There is zero structure to that company aside from whatever management says goes, and you're not allowed to ask questions or clarify. You don't have the power to make any decisions when assisting customers, but management doesn't want you to bother them to make those decisions, either. Basically, unless you're lucky enough to be socially accepted by the people who work here, you have no hope. They're passive aggressive and apathetic to customers as well as employees, and expect you to have some magical, telepathic wavelength with them to be intuitive enough to understand exactly what you need to do as soon as you step up to that computer.You're also dealing with a lot more than just Customer Service. You're handling extended / normal warranty claims, escalations to manufacturers who almost never get back to their customers, -

Pros

Owner's dog is onsite sometimes, you can step away from the desk if needed, schedule is given usually a month in advance

Cons

No Training, fake environment, uncaring management, Feels like you don't exist outside your 2 days off, management is terrible, you're on your own despite having other people around you, benefits don't cover much and cost you $30-$75 PER PAY depending on what coverage you want

Too much competition among sales staff

You have to work smart than hard or senior staff will take advantage of it. Since it’s 100% commission every one looking for the biggest piece of the cake.

Perfect if you want to be micro managed and get questioned for doing your job right

The coworkers are nice and amazing people but the management sucks they do things half a** backwards and do things that I don't find right. They get mad when you make a sale if its not the way they want you have to use your tablet for everything that are slow don't work half the time. We have computers that are much faster but can't use them

Pros

Most co workers are really nice and friendly

Cons

11 hour days and commission based, Make minimum wage if you don't sell enough, only make 845 a paycheck full time ...

All depends on management

Understaffed and they will make you work alone for 3-4 hrs in the morning..it was stressful.. internal politics were there..Workplace is good if you have good colleagues with you.

Lovely people and management

The people you work with are amazing. Management is really hit or miss (some are great some are so so). My managers were all amazing and everyone is super accommodating. They really care about your personal life and try their best to work around it. Job stability is super high (because they always need people and won't fire you unless you do something major). Although they don't have a lot of benefits, managers still try their best to help out within their capacity. Supervisors all rock. The pay for the work is very disproportionate (I was expecting higher than minimum wage for this kind of job considering the level of work we have to do). Would definitely work here again if I was something part time to get me through school.

Pros

Amazing staff Very accommodating Easy-ish work

Cons

Pay - not proportionate to work Benefits for part-time/full-time Employee discount

Unprofessional who work here

Didn't work here but I'm glad I didn't get chosen for the job. They are unprofessional. And they are one of those companies that doesn't get back to you about the hiring process when they say they will. Your just a number

okay entry level job

job will give you a good amount of experience but the pay isn’t worth the amount of things you have to deal with at the job especially during the promotions

Pros

can be laid back sometimes you get profit sharing if you work 850 hours throughout the year

Cons

low pay

Enjoyable environment, room to grow and product knowledge provided.

Enjoyable environment to work. Lunch room and private washrooms for employees only was a nice reprieve from customer interactions. Room to grow within the company and flexibility to transfer from one location to another. Paid product knowledge seminars was a benefit so that you were better suited to answer questions for customers. Knowledge attained provided insight into construction and mechanics of the products sold.

Pros

Discount, flexible schedules, profit sharing, benefits, positive culture

Cons

Tenure within some locations were limiting for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leon's Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement