Leon's Furniture Employee Reviews

It is awesome.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2019
I worked at Leon's Furniture Ltd. starting from 10 o'clock until 8 o'clock PM. For helping customers' needs, I educate them, qualify the product, demonstrate the product and giving them satisfaction or giving good service.

It is enjoyable working with the whole team.
Starter position
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
Good starter company for individuals who are entering the workforce and need to gain some work experience. Basic benefit package for dental and health.
good and fun work environment, extremely low pay
Customer Service Agent & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 May 2019
The work environment is fun-loving and enjoyable, however the salary is ridiculously low. you are expected to learn how to do the work of other departments, but they will not raise your pay, so you are basically doing more for less
Pros
fun-loving environment, job security
Cons
extremely low salary
So much fun
SEASONAL SALES REP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON8 May 2019
I was only employed for a short time. Yet it was an extremely enjoyable experience. I got to learn so much and meet so many talented and hardworking individuals dedicated to their jobs.
Slow and calm enviroment
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2019
Very easy relaxed environment, enjoyed the work and working with customers gained lots of experience with financing and sales work, learned to accomplish many things
Unorganized & Negative environment (personal experience)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 April 2019
Worth the read if you’re considering working here:
Let’s start off on an ok note. The hours for customer service were the only great part about my personal experience and some of the staff. And when I say some I mean very little.
The turn over rate is extremely high.
People either get fired all of the time or quit.
Management is extremely unorganized. They tend to manipulate the staff into thinking the employees are doing horrible when really they are not trained enough for such a dated system or cared about by management. You are just a number.
The return policy is non existent. Which it makes it extremely difficult to handle customer complaints. The technicians are swamped and the parts take forever to come for customers who have paid thousands of dollars to have broken furniture from the start. If you don’t turn it away at the door upon delivery then you are stuck with it. Especially for appliances. Good luck with that.
The front office works as hard as they can with little appreciation from management. You are never told good job or that you’re doing things right. You are only ever told when your doing things wrong. 8/10 customer calls or walk ins are complaints or wanting updates about their damaged furniture, when the front office can’t do anything without managements approval for almost everything. Returns are next to impossible to get approved which leaves you with 20+ open cases for customers that you must deal with i top of getting 20+ more daily with new problems.
At the end of the day you really learn how to multitask and balance high work loads but it
  more... simply is a broken system.
Don’t get me wrong. Multitasking and balancing high work loads can be challenging but I enjoyed a changed and arrived to be my best. Always working hard and showing empathy towards the customers!!! The work load is too much for one persons capabilities due to the lack of training, positivity, motivation and care from management. They only focus on what you do wrong and take managements word over yours. They never do reviews or ask YOU how you’re doing or what you need to be successful while working.
If you make suggestions they get defensive and you end up feeling like garbage for even saying anything.
If you have an issue with someone especially management you feel like you can’t speak up without getting fired.
Bullying, manipulation and belittling was a huge part of my experience.

There were some good moments but that was with my personal and EMPATHETIC relations to employees and customers.
Leon’s is about the money. All money. Not about you, the customer, your rights or opinions, or feelings.
I always treated others with respect and listened to their concerns and tried my best to balance everything quickly and efficiently.
I could go on but anyways, I hope you know how to swim very well!! You’ll be drowning in the work load with little to no help.

I always thought meetings and open suggestions with everyone would help but it never happened. Brainstorming ideas off each other with no judgment. Simply just figuring out where people are struggling and how to improve.
No one cares... because they push people out and find someone new who they can manipulate.
Part of the family?
Part of nothing but hard work that goes unnoticed.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management and negative environment, bullying
Hated working here!
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 April 2019
Unprofessional young crowd who do not adequatey train the new staff. It was like highschool all over again. Everyone had their own groups who talk amongst themselves.
Pros
I worked p\t, that was the only pro for me
Cons
unprofessional, unwilling to train, grouped up, did not make you feel welcome, a lot to remember on the computer
Horrible management, bad to no training, alot less sales traffic than quoted
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 April 2019
In my short time at leons (3months). I had little to no training (all comp training) and 1 roleplay session. Had the manager threaten me with firing 2 times just because my sales numbers were slightly below their targets but so was 2 of their seasoned salesmens numbers and had the fellow employees playing games with their "up" system to try and get more time on the floor by "forgetting" to cut their name from a list and taking extra rotations or lying about "burns" and leaving browsing customers dropped for a second quick rotation before returning to the dropped customer and upon leaving I discovered that they even took the sales I made and put them under the names of a select few salesmen instead of evenly distributing them amongst all the salesman. Lots of favoritism and not a work environment i would suggest to ANYONE.
Pros
You can surf the internet on slow days.
Cons
Everything from management to bad training.
Relaxing work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2019
This was my first job in furniture sale. Learned lot about furniture and customer service.

Coworkers and management was friendly.

Good pay structure and commission.
okay enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2019
it's an alright environment some staff members can be sometimes rude or yell at you for no reason and brag and think high of theirselves (Which They aren't) and talk you down like your nothing sometimes constantly arguing on unnecessary stuff
Pros
Some staff nice and respectful
Cons
Too many complaints arguing and yelling and pointing fingers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 April 2019
I worked at the Richmond, BC store for 8 months. I think Leon's is a great place to work if you have the hunger to learn and desire to succeed. The work environment is great. You get independence, the supervisors and managers are always willing to help. There is never a blame game when something goes wrong, instead a discussion is held to clear the confusions. The work life balance is great as you would not be pressurized to work extra hours. The Management is very supportive. I started doing a little bit of sales and the management was quick to reward me for the efforts. The pay is not upto the market standards and since people don't quit easily the growth is difficult unless you stay for longer duration. I guess positive atmosphere makes up for the low pay.
Pros
Supportive environment, occasional free lunch, Respect for your work, Good exposure to furniture and appliances, Learning opportunities
Cons
Low pay, Slow Growth
great workplace
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  3050 vega boulevard24 March 2019
well you come in the morning time and check the reports to see if anyone didnt receive their order and then through the day your taking payments or looking to check deliveries.
Good Pay -> Nothing Else
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2019
Worked in Sales for a few years.
Good pay in furniture, mediocre/bad pay in appliance electronics.
Leon's upper management doesn't care about its employees at the store level, I have seen many people get fired or leave the company over very small things.
They focused on creating a toxic, hyper-competitive sales environment.
You will work every weekend and holiday.
You will have an unpaid meeting at the start of every shift, usually an hour on Saturdays.
You will see grown adults act as kids and swear and scream at each other fighting over sales.
If you were lucky enough to be hired into furniture you will often look over to the appliance department and the people who do the same job but make 35% less salary then you, vice versa if you were unlucky enough to be hired into electronics/appliances.
There is good money in furniture and you have a little bit of freedom to go on your phone or come and go during your shift are the good things about the job.
Long hours, forced unpaid meetings, over-the-top competitive environment, management's lack of integrity towards their employees are the bad things about the job (that and its straight commission so some days you work 12 hours for $0-$20 if you have a bad day). You also have to lie about the value of warranties and protection plans to customers and shove them down their throats to make aggressive targets and often have to mislead costumers about the value of the products and how good the price is today.
Must learn to work for yourself. Be good with your customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2019
Get to work, check available stock, call existing customers about orders, make order changes, research new products, make deals on the sales floor, write thank you cards.
I learned a great deal from leons such us how to work in a competitive sales environment, others helped me out at first but the job very much requires a "you scratch my back, ill scratch yours" mentality with the other sales associate. DO NOT depend on others, they will take your sales and there is little you can do about it. so maintain good customer relations and they will come back to you. Since repeat customers is the money maker there, you want to be sure to take care of the ones you have.
Pros
Clean work environment, Dealing with all sorts of people
Cons
Toxic work mentality, Dealing with all sorts of people
bad company to work for unless your a slave
Showroom /Helper/Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 February 2019
Worst place to work unless you like getting terminated without reason so you don't get benefits and if you like a constant paycheck problem and you like working with sharks then this is the place for you
Fun work place.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2019
Leon's is a great company to work with, other than less wages. Staff and management were great. I got to learn a lot of new things about retail. Overall it was a good experience.
it was ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2019
The people were really fun but alot of changes need to happen to that place for more workers to be hired....at least in the customer service end. If you choose to work there place look into it first
they kept the cafe and change room cleans for us
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 January 2019
Working at leon's was a good experience learning about how the warehouse work and learning how to use the different types of tools. A typical at work would just be unloading and loading trailers also cleaning up the garbage. I felt like the management pick favourites and wasn't reasonable about people shifts. the hardest part of the job was unloading the 059 couches just because they were really heavy and the two wheelers we were sometimes broken. the most enjoyable part of the job is when they let work together on the lift trucks.
Pros
they pay us a good amount of money
Cons
they didn't always treat us fairly
Productive and Fun workplace as a Manager
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON23 January 2019
I dealt with complex customer issues on a daily basis, problem solving for multiple departments within the company, dealing directly with staff performance issues or staff conflict.
I learned and grew being a manager while dealing with various issues on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job are the staff as I grew a trust relationship with each individual as they came to me for support.
Decent money, tough to balance with a family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2019
I enjoyed working at Leons. The commissioned sales floor meant that your salary was up to you! Some days great, some days not so great but overall it averages out. Great place to start out if you are interested in commissioned sales. Management was helpful in making you a success. Toughest part of the job would be the hours. That is the nature of retail, long days and working every weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a direct measurable impact on my compensation. If I did my job well I made money, if I didn't then I starved!
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
LOng hours