LensCrafters

LensCrafters Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
The environment in my location was superb. Professional people with integrity. Learned a lot from them. The SMM knows what she was doing specially in handling the people.
Worked as a volunteer one day in a week for one month. Organized collected frames and eye care products. Helped to record and prepare frames for shipment.
Overwork unfair and unstable schedules...Deceptive judgemental one of worst company to work for. Abusing work force demanding poor management...fast paced place to work with inadequate number of employees so at the end of day over worked very stressful
If you’re looking for an organization that takes advantage of employees, work for LensCrafters! The organization will do everything they can to dangle a carrot in front if you and never promote those who perform well if there are “favourites” who don’t perform well.
Save yourself the stress and don't apply to work for Luxottica.
This multi million dollar company doesn't care about there staff or there products...only about sales $$$

-Cheap materials

-No work life balance

-Stressful

-Backhanded comments

Save yourself a trip to the doctors office and work for any other optical company.
No emphasis on quality. It's like a factory producing chickens. Management has weird ideas about human interpersonal skills and believe there is 1 formula for all interpersonal interactions. They forgot the overall basic idea that business is not about numbers but rather it is about people....you keep people happy and the numbers will automatically improve.
It was alright and fast paced. Can be stressful if you got back logged on orders for glasses. Most times you were working by yourself. Overall it was an alright job.
I loved my team at the Southgate location, but myself and even people who have been there for 20 years barely make a healthy living.

It is supposed to be hourly + commission but the commission was dollars not hundreds.

Great perks for buying glasses at a great price though!
Management is very negative and selective with who they're nice to, you only get commission if everyone hits their goal (which is never), you don't get paid overtime for staying later, and sales goals are completely ridiculous. Too much is expected for such little pay. Everyone is in it for themselves and there is no team effort whatsoever, not to mention some customer requests are ludicrous. Oh, and they'll hire you as "part time" yet make you work 5 days a week so as to not have to give benefits. This company is an absolute joke; would NOT recommend applying.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LensCrafters?
Loved the staff, manager and work flexibility (you can give your availability and and they only call you those days).

But Horrible pay raise, 25 cents per year. You can advance to team lead or asst manager but you need to be very witty/competitive in sales, in my opinion.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Bad pay raise
Great environment to learn new things as well as customer relations and teamwork.
learnt how to deal with conflict and trouble shooting.

also get to know different culture while working different co-worker
I worked in the lab making glasses and it was a great experience. Learning the entire process from start to finish you realize what really goes into making glasses.

The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the reaction on the customers face when you know you made those glasses, put your sweat, blood (sometimes you cut yourself) and tears (when things don't go right) into those.
Pros
Different experience, interesting work
Cons
Low pay, sometimes little work
Lenscrafters has deteriorated so much in the past few years. Management style is not good. They micromanage and don't celebrate achievement. Pay structure is awful. Pay way too low for the amount of work expected. Commission is not worth the effort of selling. Overall, this company needs to take a look and revalue how they want their associates to feel. Because i can tell you, 80% of associates are not happy right now.
Pros
OneSight
Cons
Pay, Management, Hours
When you work for this place you have to be able to be part of the group if you're not part of the group you will never be able to advance or get any type of credit or advancement the manager in particular or managers in particular sales supervisors assistant manager's assistant leads of sales whatever you want to say are all together as a click they all hang out together they all will watch each other's back all they do is Gossip gossip gossip and never get any work done also very racially motivated towards people of color especially blacks always profiling always stereotyping the manager basically just will stay on her phone the whole time never help people out I was in a personal situation where the manager wouldn't help me I even talked to the assistant manager never did anything for me I would never ever want even my worst enemy to work for this place is to the fact of how they treat people the managers wont do anything for you unless your in their click
Pros
When you get 75% off for yourself which is the only pro which is so sad
Cons
No advancement jealousy racist haters its only their group no one else etc etc
The team you get to work with determines how well, you enjoy the job. Working with a highly motivated and consistent team should be a target. Goodluck!
great place to learn optical skills and sales strategies. Workplace culture is good and great coaching and personal development opportunities. Overall, great place to work.
Very bad company to work for. micromanaging every single step.
no connection with the regional manager at all...................................................
Your not treated like a human being. They lie to you and cheat and they give you 5 hours per week of work. Even if you have been there for 20 years. They downgraded everyone who was full time to casual part time. Do you really want to be scheduled for 5 hours per week? Its not a good job and they amount of stress and things they want you to do on top of that for the minimum wage salary they give you!!! Terrible!! Its only because I liked the work I do and seeing customers satisfied with their new glasses and clear vision that I stayed as long as I did... but in the end I wish I looked for another job.
LensCrafters had great benefits and made it comfortable and safe enviroment for everyone to work at. However, you were required to team lead effectively without much training. That being said, it was a great learning experience.
The people who come into lenscrafters are always greatful that your there to help. Which is why the people who work at lenscrafters are the most heart warming and knowledgeable people there. Always working to achieve excellence in their craftsmanship either in the lab in the back where they make the glasses. Or up front in person with customers on the retail side. Lenscrafters is home to a variety of brands to choose from with a helpful staff who will have experience in the industry on hand every day.
Pros
Reliable hours and pay, percentage off purchases
Cons
Usually more people than you expect
After 3 1/2 years at Lenscrafters, I was able to learn many different tasks and how to function under high stress and time crunched to complete jobs at the best of my ability. It is an amazing learning experience and great place to work with and open and friendly environment to work in.
Pros
Amazing Coworkers
Cons
Little Hours