LensCrafters Employee Reviews

One of the worst companies to work for ever
Optician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2019
When you work for this place you have to be able to be part of the group if you're not part of the group you will never be able to advance or get any type of credit or advancement the manager in particular or managers in particular sales supervisors assistant manager's assistant leads of sales whatever you want to say are all together as a click they all hang out together they all will watch each other's back all they do is Gossip gossip gossip and never get any work done also very racially motivated towards people of color especially blacks always profiling always stereotyping the manager basically just will stay on her phone the whole time never help people out I was in a personal situation where the manager wouldn't help me I even talked to the assistant manager never did anything for me I would never ever want even my worst enemy to work for this place is to the fact of how they treat people the managers wont do anything for you unless your in their click
Pros
When you get 75% off for yourself which is the only pro which is so sad
Cons
No advancement jealousy racist haters its only their group no one else etc etc
bad
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2019
Very bad company to work for. micromanaging every single step.
no connection with the regional manager at all...................................................
Great benefits and good exposure
Licensed Optician/Intern Optician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 December 2018
LensCrafters had great benefits and made it comfortable and safe enviroment for everyone to work at. However, you were required to team lead effectively without much training. That being said, it was a great learning experience.
Great place to work for sure.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2018
The people who come into lenscrafters are always greatful that your there to help. Which is why the people who work at lenscrafters are the most heart warming and knowledgeable people there. Always working to achieve excellence in their craftsmanship either in the lab in the back where they make the glasses. Or up front in person with customers on the retail side. Lenscrafters is home to a variety of brands to choose from with a helpful staff who will have experience in the industry on hand every day.
Pros
Reliable hours and pay, percentage off purchases
Cons
Usually more people than you expect
overall good
Certified Lab techn. (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
Overall, good company, nice staff.
Flexible hours, especially for students.
Days can get busy with little or no time for 15 mint breaks.
Doctors good.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
No hours
Awesome place to work.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
If you can score a job here, you are set. The people are really nice and the lab is a great environment. Would highly recommend.
Not a good place if looking for hours!!
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2016
was told they give a lot of hours, when i got my schedule I only had 4 hours for the week. I asked and she told me the average per week is 8-10 which was not said to me when i told her i wanted 15-25 hours a week.
Positive and Energizing Store
Eyecare Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A normal day at work was answering phones, checking jobs for customers, selling glasses and educating clients on what would be best for their life style and vision needs. Cleaning and visual merchandising by materials and colors. Repairs such as a broken arms or lenses coming out of frames and replacing screws or nose pads. I learned how to ask the right questions to learn the correct information in order to be able to provide the right products. I also learned soft skills; the right way to relay a message in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections and really making the customer happy with their purchase. My co-workers were so much fun and always there for support when needed. The management was very supportive and always there to teach new skills and new ways to elevate customer experiences.
Pros
Annual complimentary pair of glasses.
Cons
Large daily sales goals.
Engaging and productive workplace environment
Eyewear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 February 2016
A workplace environment that is motivating and adheres to achieving team and personal goal in relation to sales and customer service. A wonderful manager, and room to cultivate persuasion and interpersonal skills in a sales setting.
Great friendly environment but not employee oriented
Part-time Licensed Optician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Throughout working here I have been very happy working with my team. Through several changes in management it has brought a lot of stress to the employees. LensCrafters was very good to their people at the time I started. The longer I stayed the more they cut down on their people and hours. Other than management I was very happy there. Many things were very clear, well prepared, organized, and has a high selection of products.
Pros
They cover your License fee
Cons
Evolving to more work same pay attitude
Great mechanics.. but terrible Management! Sorry!
Optical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
Lenscrafters has the potential to be such a great company but the management issues cripple it to the core. They dont treat their employees well. They give 5 hours per week and higher over 20 people for one store to keep those hours low so they don't pay out benefits. If you ask for a full-time or part-time job they will deny you and say that they don't have hours.. a complete lie. They squeeze the dollar at the hurt of their employees. Thats why all the Toronto stores are now unionized.
Pros
Has potential to be great
Cons
Everything is wrong with this company
Fun and Enjoyable
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2015
Enjoyable job where I can spend time and get to know costumers. friendly people and respectful job. also works with other retail associates in developing their knowledge and skill regarding product and store processes.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
short hours
staff were great to work with
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 May 2015
very little work life balance

very sales orientation company

love making people be able to see and take care their eyes

my staff were an amazing team
Retail sales meets optical
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 May 2015
A typical day at work for me includes major multi-tasking; I answer phones and book eye exams for our Dr. that is attached, I dispense eyewear, I find the perfect frame for a customer, fit the frame and do any necessary adjustments, I discuss their options for lenses, deal with any direct billing to insurance providers (when applicable), and take their payment. Inventory control is part of my day to day activities (i.e.: doing the paperwork required for transferring product from store to store, receiving product when it comes in, removing damaged product from stock etc.). Counting cash and making up deposits at the end of a night. I help the general manager with scheduling associates and inputting said schedule into E-Schedule. On saturday's at close I run payroll. When the store has promotional changes I flip the store, changing out old signage for new. A big part of my job lies in coaching and developing my team...if they aren't at sales plan, what can I do to help them get there? As manager on duty, I authorize any discounts, returns, and exchanges. This job has really taught me how to prioritize with tasks and get a multitude of things done all at once.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and staff, great discounts on eyewear, good benefits
Cons
Working evenings and weekends, being on my feet for 8 hours a day running around
sales rep. optician
Optical Technician/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 April 2015
repair glasses. Making new lense for new frames for customers. Helping sales floor when store became too busy. General stoer maintenance
Busy retail environment with chances to advance
Sales Supervisor/Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Pickering Town Center10 March 2015
A typical day at work would would entail interacting with customers coming to the store and helping them find the proper eyewear according to their prescription.

Learned many management skills like scheduling, reviews of associates and training.

I worked several locations, some busier than others but generally co-workers and colleagues were all very gracious and friendly.

A busy retail environment would require long hours.
Pros
Chances to advance in the company
Cons
Management positions may require travel to different locations.
Good part-time work
Eyewear Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2015
work hours are not enough. great benefits. great people to work with. the best part is the option to be creative when selling.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee of hours
amazing atmosphere
LAB TECHNICIAN/SALE ASSOCIATE P/T (Former Employee) –  mississauga28 February 2015
steady workflow
good people
great management
perfect learning experience to gain both hands on learning and education on product and manufacturing
Faced paced workplace
Sales Associate & Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 February 2015
Giving high quality of products made work there very enjoyable. As well as helping people see was a huge plus. Work was also indoors.
Productive and fun workplace to work hassle free customer service and retail work
Student Optician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario17 September 2014
I've been working at this workplace for four years and I love the people I work with. My typical day at work starts with a huddle with the manager or assistant manager. We review our work day, our goals, and our sales targets for each associate. My co-workers are all very friendly, but of course there is some friction where we fight for the commission. The hardest part of the job is handling sales objections from the customers and closing the sales where our prices cannot be beat anywhere else in North America. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the customers walk into the store and talking to them about their eyewear and eye concerns. I am an aspiring optician of 2014. I wanna win the opticianry award of the year. Thank you everyone for supporting me and letting me be who I am now. Thanks PK, ND, AB, SA, GF, NS, SS, GC, AMP, and SH for everything.
Pros
Free pizza hut lunches, and Greek donuts from NS
Cons
no contact lens dispensary available in the retail store. controlled by the optometrists.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LensCrafters. Our community is ready to answer.