Lendcare
Happiness score is 30 out of 100

Lendcare Employee Reviews

From Love to Disappointment.

Let me preface this by saying I loved my job at LendCare. The work was to my speed, my colleagues were wonderful (miss them all), and I had a window view. I was always happy to take on new assignments, though they may have been stressful at times, and pleased to do menial tasks. However, due to the fact that as an Ontario employee I actually used my rightful time off (god forbid) which I am entitled to, and when the pandemic struck I chose the layoff option because, in truth, no job ever is worth my life (I had a lung infection at the time), my fathers life, or my future mother-in-laws life. Both of whom have severe asthma and COPD. Now it is known the heads of LC do not favour those who behave as human beings. Should you use the bathroom too frequently or use the entitled rightful time off you are given you will be chastised for it. And because I did this, and chose the layoff option as I didn't wish to risk lives during a pandemic, I was terminated under the guise of "no room being available", even though no one else in my department was let go. Choosing life over LendCare was my undoing. TL;DR, if you are a singular person with a severe thirst for money and no care for a personal life you will thrive here. If you're a normal human being, you will not. Again, this not meant to be a stab at particular person in charge, as I dont actually have a problem with any of my previous managers. This is meant as a jab to the obsession with perfection and numbers over people, and how disappointed I am in it.

Official response from Lendcare

4 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We encourage all our employees to take their earned time off to relax and rejuvenate. As for our COVID protocols, we have been diligent with this as the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. We have followed all the guidelines set out by the governments and health departments and regularly educate our employees. In regards to the layoffs, unfortunately we also had to close some departments permanently to respect physical distancing guidelines, one of which was the one you worked in. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Needs to get rid of the upper management and break old habits

They walk you into a boardroom, tell you what the job entails and what they have done/do, and boom you're offered to come work with them ASAP.On your first day, you won't have access to a computer so you'll be sitting beside someone who is expected to train you and they won't have enough time to properly train you your first day so it will likely take a few days. After that, there's a good chance you won't have access to everything you need to work unless you beg for it multiple times a day. It won't really speed up the process any however it can be understandable with how fast-paced the work can be.Depending on your team you may have some of the best people around you or the worst. I was lucky enough to work with a good team that wanted me to improve and was willing to go out of their way to help me improve. Employees that have been with the company for some time may only be secured by the fact that they have passed their probation and upper management can't come up with a good enough reason that won't have them in court.Upper management will flip flop on if you're damaging their business, a great worker, or scamming them throughout the week and will randomly accuse you of misdeeds whether you did them or not or you were instructed to by other staff. Upper management will be the death of this business as they choke every good employee out and scare people off enough that most don't make it past their first day.All processes at the company could be more efficient, which I personally believe is because of the upper management and the fact that they have created a nice glass -

Pros

Free lunch Wednesday, boosterjuice on Monday, and most employees being great

Cons

Upper management, poor training, walking on egg shells, and 0 coordination you would expect of a large company.

Money Comes First in Business

Family first ruined this business. Money comes first in business. If family is more important, keep them out. Family first will tank LendCare after they boom.

You Are The Product

Nothing in life is free. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. Bad company with horrible employees. Don't bother if you have a brain.

Tough It Out

Typical day is me on the phone and computer 8 hours a day gossiping about employees and changing pay rates when I get told to. Hard job. I'm fake to everyone.

Fear Me Or Get Fired Mentality

The owners, hr and management have a fear me or get fired mentality. They lack the human element of connecting with people over seeing how much money can you make them.

Cons

Fake Family Culture

No Point To Working Here

There's no point in working at LendCare. Everyone leaves with a sour taste in their mouth. There's not many long term employees and this is a job not a career. I don't understand why people go out of their way to ruin other people's lives in this office. There's too many kids who just play games with people over working and it's absurd as LendCare will fire good employees. Men have been getting fired over games.

Would not recommend

Highly stressful environment with no higher management support. not following covid 19 rules, way too many people working in the office at one time. no one is wearing masks at their desk which is unsafe. Women’s washroom is disgusting and not clean. Company does not offer proper training, basically they throw you in, very quick to fired people. Half and lunches is not enough either. Overall not a good company.

Pros

Free lunches

Toxic work environment, would not recommend

Upper management and supers chose favourites and can be catty, if they didn’t like you...you can get fired at any point. No room for growth. Highly stressful work environment. Kinda just thrown into the job the minute you get there and if they see you slightly improve then they let you train people despite being new. During the pandemic they acted as if it didn't exist. They promote based on favourites not by experience or seniority. Secretive about pay raises, they dont let you disclose that to anyone...if it was fair play, shouldnt be a secret. If you like being gaslit the eff out and not promoted despite being good at your job...def check this place out.

Pros

Idk

Cons

You should have informed your manager.

If there was an issue with your training you should have informed your manager. We pride ourselves on our extensive training program for all new hires said HR. You can't, if it's not someone 10 years younger than me making false claims for attention you get fired for going to management about anything. We only had two managers who didn't get you fired for speaking up but they fired them too.

Jobs at Lendcare

See more jobs

Five Star Rating For Free Lunch

I love working here so much that I want to leave the best review possible for all my coworkers and team to see. I love working at LendCare. Everyone I work with is SO nice including the director of human resources, my most favourite fhat khunt.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Cold In the Winter

Toxic Cancel Culture

If you replace the mean girls from "Mean Girls" with shady ex door to door sales guys and chronic smokers you get LendCare. You will gain frenemies for being a unicorn in this office stuck in 1998 so don't wear anything nice as a manager will hit on you or scould you. Osteoporosis will hit the people in charge of this place hard for being large jack(donkies) their entire lives.

Pros

30min lunch

Cons

My Manager Hit On Me Yet Still has a Job

Would Give 6 Stars For More Free Lunch

No heat in the winter, I can't wear what I want in the summer due to a made up dress code and some people don't shower before work. The only thing that stinks more than you know who in marketing is the lack of management or direction.

Pros

Lunch Room

Cons

People Don't Shower

Not a Nice Place To Work

Management is horrible. You can't use your sick days without issues and despite this company and human resources bragging about how much money they make there's no long term career here. Managment is mean yet human resources will cause the office to get ransomware or broken into in July for being such an oversized sloppy unintelligent female dog. Nothing but scum running this company.

Pros

Learned No One Cares About Rights

Cons

Bad Business Managment

Great Place To Ruin Your Life

Too many lies. Lendcare can't even admit to being a cell centre and keep giving the owners son insnae promotes and titles to feel important. They keep firing people who are good at their job.

Pros

Tech guy installed n64 on a phone for my kids

Cons

Bad Management

LendCare Just Sucks

Poor Management, backstabbing employees fighting for an extra dollar, horrible HR. It's not woth working here, the government does nothing to protect us as workers from bad employers like LendCare. How can a place have this many complaints without change?

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Makes Me Hate My Life

Productive, hard work, fun, cared for, Approachable management, rewarding, room for growth

I have been at my job 6 months and can quite honestly say it’s a hard job with great rewards but a fantastic team of managers and supervisors who want nothing more than to see you succeed. I came from a toxic work environment and I can’t stress enough how opposite this work environment is. I am amazed at how you are able to ask anything without being brushed off as a nuisance or as a no one. They treat you as a someone. You are well looked after here and everyone is more than happy to help you and see you succeed. For personal reasons I am leaving Lendcare with a heavy heart as this is a phenomenal place to work and with colleagues you will love for the most part. If anyone is thinking of applying then do it. You won’t be disappointed.

Pros

Welcomed, happy, great management, lunches, booster juice, commitment, fun, much much more

Cons

Not found any yet.

Countless Opportunities!

Lendcare is an excellent place to work and it is a place where you have many room for growth and self development. The management values their employees and staff are very nice.

Pros

Great Pay, Free lunches, Able to work from home due to Covid, and Benefits

Great workplace environment

My experience at LendCare has been exceptional. There is always room to improve and grow! Very good management and owner presence within the office. Comfortable but productive environment. Good salary and benefits. Overall, a wonderful place to work!

Pros

growth opportunities, benefits, free lunches

Very positive and vibrant work place

I came to Lendcare With No experience in collection or customer service and Started off Very shaky was not sure whether I am going to last even for one week. But the wonderful managers and supervisors were so patient , so competent with training to be a very successful employee, I have learned tremendous number of valuable professional skills under the leadership.I love my job and I am looking forward to making this my second home and continue working here. "Great and professional management friendly and positive atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for growth"

Pros

Friendly and accepting managament

Cons

non

amazing place to work with a lot of support from management

I have been a member of the LendCare team for 5+ years and can honestly say this is the best company that I have ever worked for. In that time I have grown from an agent to a manager. The majority of the management team at LendCare has been grown internally and they continue to provide opportunities for growth. If you're a positive person who is not afraid of hard work and enjoy a fast-paced challenging work environment LendCare would be a good fit for you. The workplace culture is one of positivity, fun, equality, and support. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a career, not a job join the LendCare team.

Pros

pay, benefits, support and room for growth

Cons

nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lendcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9