Lendcare

Lendcare: 80 Employee Reviews

Canada80 reviews

growthofficelunchenvironmentteamfreeopportunityemployee

Could be much better

The pay does not match up with the amount of work expected of you. The turnover rate is high because of the environment and how management treat their employees.The company is poorly managed and takes on more work than it can complete and expects its employees to do the workload of two people.There is no positive reinforcement. You'll only hear from them if you've made a mistake.To fix the company would only take better attitudes from management and better pay, as well as more communication between departments to prevent taking on too much work that the company can't handle with the current number of employees.

Management is horrible and toxic

I hated working at Lendcare! Worse place I have worked in my whileLife!! Management is horrible and it is an overall toxic environment!! If you don’t kiss up to certain peoples you are an outcast and treated poorly. Coworkers redicule each other and make fun ofYou if u are not part of their friends group!! HR is a scapegoat and sits back and does absolutely nothing!!!

Insights into Lendcare

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Speechless. I should've listened to the reviews.

This place is horrible. The work load that is given for the amount of pay we get is immensely bad. Everyone in upper management talks bad about who is beneath them and never really showcases the good we do. It is never spoken of or they take the credit. You can't really trust them. They're very intimidating and not at all what you think upper management should be. Mind you, everyone in upper management is also somehow related to one another which also, isn't a good thing. While I will give them credit for at least being "nice", you can't help but wonder what eerie motive they really have or true feelings they have towards you.You can't complain about any issue you have because it will either get you in trouble or not go anywhere at all. I've seen people physically break down in tears because of their job. And for me? It has been one of the most mentally draining jobs I have ever done. I have never felt more low in my life.The one small pro is the co-workers. The people who are at the bottom of the bottom, because they all have the same feeling I have, which was to get out as soon as possible.Besides it being a stable 9 - 5, somewhat good benefits, and depressed but lovely co-workers, this place really isn't one you should even think of considering.The one mistake I made was not looking at the reviews before I got hired. Once I did, it was too late. This was one of the worst jobs of my life.Don't. Work. Here.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Everything.

Do not waste any amount of time employed here

Absolute poor place to work. Pay is stagnant, ensure you do not discuss that, or anything else with your co workers for that matter.Come to work, sit do your job and go home.They prefer there employees miserable and silent. There is the door if you’d like a raise or anything else for that matter.

Pros

None.

Cons

Ask any current depressed employee

Not great

Targets are insanely high and management is garbage to deal with. They underpay their staff and the work environment is extremely toxic. The reason why they’re so desperate to hire is because they drive all of their good staff to quit.

Environnement toxique

Je vous conseille pas de travailler dans cette entreprise

Relaxed culture, promotion opportunities, free lunches on occasion

LendCare has been a great place to work. It is a family company and they treated me and my colleagues very well - WFH during the pandemic, free lunches, free pop and water, and my manager checking in on me when I fell ill (genuinely cared). LendCare really goes out of its way to make an inclusive atmosphere. My coworkers are open to my ideas and we get along really well.There are a few employees that cause a lot of drama. It's best to steer clear of the nonsense and focus on yourself.

The worst

The people in charge here seem to enjoy flaunting their toxic behaviour. Wouldnt recommend working here at all, unless you like being used and getting stabbed in the back.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Too many to list

Good place to work for. Lots of opportunities for growth

Good place to work for. Lots of opportunities for growth. But it is hard to achieve work and life balance here. Sometimes it could be very stressful, and has very tight deadline

Lying Employees Need to Be Removed

Whoever has been in charge of managing the indeed reviews needs to be fired. This company had no reviews with a modest rating and ever since lendcare started offering "free" stuff to slow employees to write 5 star reviews the truth started coming out from everyone else. Trying to make a fake 5 star rating system backfired hard and only gave the company a bad look. For a company with managers who have removed employees because their image "Isn't a good look for the company" meaning since someone lied we're just going to just fire you without looking into it even if you're a useful employee, they do a good job of shooting themselves in the foot. Lendcare will fire usefull employees who know what they're doing for over emotional cry babies who want their own way even when it doesn't produce results like, Marketing, HR and Partner Support. Lendcare shot themselves in the foot by removing every long term tech person we had for kids who don't do ANYTHING. What happened to the manager who made the department work? Fired for no good reason just like everyone else even after being essential to work. The building doesn't work well without that guy. My manager, fired every female sales person with a more dominant personality than her even when they were top sales people. Criminal management from this company, nevermind the countless young women I would never allow to date my sons as they have no morals constantly lying for attention ans raises. Partner Support was behind me for months. Both the women they hired as so trashy. They harass men all the time yet their supervisor embraces it -

Pros

None.

Cons

Needs to have a class action lawsuit from those dismissed

Creepy Guy In The Office

The manager in the corner office isolated from everyone else is so weird. He never says hello to anyone excpet for the the supervisor from processing he's had an affair with for the past 5 years. That's why she's one of the only long term employees in the office with special privileges like not having to get a vaccine to come into work and working from home when she wants. This is the most dead end unfair job. Back stabbing employees who do nothing but gossip about the fake blond girl's social media she keeps posting inappropriate pictures for colleagues and family to see. I don't think she knows the kid with glasses in tech friended her on facebook and shared her private photos with the office when he hacked her account.

Cons

Fake Friends

Needs to get rid of the upper management and break old habits

They walk you into a boardroom, tell you what the job entails and what they have done/do, and boom you're offered to come work with them ASAP.On your first day, you won't have access to a computer so you'll be sitting beside someone who is expected to train you and they won't have enough time to properly train you your first day so it will likely take a few days. After that, there's a good chance you won't have access to everything you need to work unless you beg for it multiple times a day. It won't really speed up the process any however it can be understandable with how fast-paced the work can be.Depending on your team you may have some of the best people around you or the worst. I was lucky enough to work with a good team that wanted me to improve and was willing to go out of their way to help me improve. Employees that have been with the company for some time may only be secured by the fact that they have passed their probation and upper management can't come up with a good enough reason that won't have them in court.Upper management will flip flop on if you're damaging their business, a great worker, or scamming them throughout the week and will randomly accuse you of misdeeds whether you did them or not or you were instructed to by other staff. Upper management will be the death of this business as they choke every good employee out and scare people off enough that most don't make it past their first day.All processes at the company could be more efficient, which I personally believe is because of the upper management and the fact that they have created a nice glass -

Pros

Free lunch Wednesday, boosterjuice on Monday, and most employees being great

Cons

Upper management, poor training, walking on egg shells, and 0 coordination you would expect of a large company.

Money Comes First in Business

Family first ruined this business. Money comes first in business. If family is more important, keep them out. Family first will tank LendCare after they boom.

Can't Say No

This is the most criminal workplace in Durham region. They always advertise for jobs but never tell you they are a family run call centre with no structure. Women get told what to where, men get fired for saying no to insane demands by female co-workers. Shut this place down. Partner Services staff need to be replaced, management like Marketing, Processing and Technology need to be replaced too.

You Are The Product

Nothing in life is free. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. Bad company with horrible employees. Don't bother if you have a brain.

Tough It Out

Typical day is me on the phone and computer 8 hours a day gossiping about employees and changing pay rates when I get told to. Hard job. I'm fake to everyone.

Fear Me Or Get Fired Mentality

The owners, hr and management have a fear me or get fired mentality. They lack the human element of connecting with people over seeing how much money can you make them.

Cons

Fake Family Culture

No Point To Working Here

There's no point in working at LendCare. Everyone leaves with a sour taste in their mouth. There's not many long term employees and this is a job not a career. I don't understand why people go out of their way to ruin other people's lives in this office. There's too many kids who just play games with people over working and it's absurd as LendCare will fire good employees. Men have been getting fired over games.

Would not recommend

Highly stressful environment with no higher management support. not following covid 19 rules, way too many people working in the office at one time. no one is wearing masks at their desk which is unsafe. Women’s washroom is disgusting and not clean. Company does not offer proper training, basically they throw you in, very quick to fired people. Half and lunches is not enough either. Overall not a good company.

Pros

Free lunches

Toxic work environment, would not recommend

Upper management and supers chose favourites and can be catty, if they didn’t like you...you can get fired at any point. No room for growth. Highly stressful work environment. Kinda just thrown into the job the minute you get there and if they see you slightly improve then they let you train people despite being new. During the pandemic they acted as if it didn't exist. They promote based on favourites not by experience or seniority. Secretive about pay raises, they dont let you disclose that to anyone...if it was fair play, shouldnt be a secret. If you like being gaslit the eff out and not promoted despite being good at your job...def check this place out.

Pros

Idk

Cons

You should have informed your manager.

If there was an issue with your training you should have informed your manager. We pride ourselves on our extensive training program for all new hires said HR. You can't, if it's not someone 10 years younger than me making false claims for attention you get fired for going to management about anything. We only had two managers who didn't get you fired for speaking up but they fired them too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lendcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement