LEGOLAND Employee Reviews

A face of Hospitality, with mediocre execution towards staff.
Guest Experience Leader (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL31 March 2018
While it can sometimes offer a stepping stone to get your foot into a management track, too often those higher on in the chain of command yell first and ask questions 2nd. They are not in touch with the team that truly runs the every day operations, and rarely offer constructive means to better the team as a whole. The compensation is abysmal for such high expectations, and only adds to higher turn over rate. There are some perks, but they do not outweigh other more fundamental challenges.
Pros
Free/Discount Tickets. Previews, occasional raffles.
Cons
Pay, Opportunity for Advancement, Management that doesn't show support
Satisfactory
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA21 March 2018
Work environment was lacking. We were short staffed and overworked. Wasn’t really any joy in it except the money. We had to put on acts for kids which I understand but the leads were to pushy about it. They were more demanding than understanding.
Fun job to work at
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TX16 March 2018
Working at Legoland seemed fun to me. I enjoyed being around all the kids and guests. Management was good, usually understanding. Not much chance for promotion. Friendly people to work with. A lot of standing around, can get too boring.
Productive and hard working
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor11 March 2018
My time at LegoLand was fun. I worked in a team called South and we got along nicely. A typical day at work was to meet in the morning, given a brief for the day then we were split into smaller teams and told to open our rides. I was never actually certified inside any of the rides and they left me outside on a duty called Welcome Host all day with only a 45 minute lunch break in between. While there I learned how to survey a situation and help decrease the risk of people getting harmed. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all the guests while they were in the queue line and helping my coworkers clean our ride area after a long day.
Pros
40 percent off Lego
Cons
My management were extremely rude toward me
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL7 March 2018
Legoland was overall an exciting place to work for because your at an amusement park/hotel. My particular department was a complete mess. Managers would watch the floor get slammed, try to tell you how to do your job,wouldn't move a finger and watch you struggle. Managers should be a backbone for the company, instead I felt the complete opposite. As a part time employee (working full time hours) I was told I am not aloud to take time off. Something I took from this job was to work with your coworkers and find the strength to put behind you and your team in order to get through a busy day. Work together, their is no I in team but their is a U in focus. As long as you focus on your task at hand with one thing at a time, you will make it.
Legoland doesn't pay the bills
Guest Service Host (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL1 March 2018
A typical day at work included doing morning checklist, preparing for the day, and opening the rides. I learned a lot; how to talk to guests and especially children. Management is great. It's a stressful environment but also laid back when it comes to leads. The hardest part of the job is other MC's have their own way of doing things. It can put someone's safety at risk. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job is making a child's day. Guest service is a great part of the experience. My biggest issue with this company is that I'm paid a very low wage. It's under $9. I can't support myself on that.
Pros
Free tickets, co-workers
Cons
Low pay, some guests
Cool idea, not a good idea
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire18 February 2018
long story short, if you like being stabbed in the back all the time and being segregated by the management team themselves, then this job is perfect!
Pros
Magic pass, 20 free entries into merlin attractions
Cons
rubbish pay, favouritism of staff by managers
great place for a beginner
Grounds Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 9200816 February 2018
this was my first time working in food and beverage, and I had an awesome experience, mostly because it never got boring. I worked at cashier mostly, but also did some work involving food.
absolutley lovely
Environmental Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor8 February 2018
absolutely perfect for anyone wishing to work in a loving environment, full of laughter and smiles and positive unusual scenarios. highly recommend this vacancy.
Fun
Food and Beverage Lead (Former Employee) –  CARLSBAD, CA30 January 2018
Fun place to work. It really easy to become a lead. Its definitely a good title and good experience to have on your resume especially for those still in high school. It was fast pace but I got to meet a lot off cool coworker/ supervisors which one can use a references for future jobs.
Pros
Good pay, Fun
Cons
Fast pace, Long days
Was fun job
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA25 January 2018
I liked working here . working with a lot of people is nice and I got to meet new people and the hardest part of working at LEGOLAND was trying to get there
good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL23 January 2018
i wont work back here I can find higher pay at other places and more hours. it was a nice job as long as your ok with the fight to do better and not get there.
Cool working environment complete with proper management
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL16 January 2018
pros: good money, nice coworkers, good management, good discounts, nice work environment, ability to move up in the company.
cons: water park not open year round.
Fun and Flexible
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA11 January 2018
Depending on the position you apply for, a day in Legoland is rarely routine. Working as Retail Associate in a certain part means that every shift, I could be working in one store in the park or the next. Sometimes, although not too often, I do get transferred mid-shift from one location to another spot in the park, which I don't mind. It prevents you from getting too laid-back on the job. Management was very friendly and clear in directions and expectations. The managers would walk around and check in from time to time, and they are always friendly and offer constructive criticism and advice, never harsh.
Pros
Cheap lunches, large discounts on merchandise, up to 20 free pass vouchers for the first year of employment
Cons
None really
Great first job
RETAIL ASSOCIATE/LEAD (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA11 January 2018
My first job! I did retail and moved up to a lead position fast. Later i moved to other areas of the park and changed my job to a lifeguard. its good if you are in school or have a second job, they work around your availability.
Pros
great first job, many positions availabe
Cons
not great pay
Productive and fun
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA8 January 2018
At my specific location (Big Shop) it was always pretty busy, but the environment exposed me to many different experiences. As a popular amusement park, people came from all over the world. I met people who did not speak English at all, I met Lego-Fanatics and also just families that wanted a day of fun. I learned how to help people out in so many ways; whether it was finding a certain item in the store or helping someone find there way through the park.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Long and stressful days
Guest Experience Host (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FL7 January 2018
A typical day at work are sometimes chill if you work on a certain day of the week . but it is also stressful trying to get guests to understand your job & making sure they understand that its for their safety. I learned alot working at legoland: patience, calm voices, learning how to work the rides and also what to do & not to do while working. Management was cool, nut they act funny as well if things don't go their way. The hardest part of the job was definently the guests because they was so hard to please. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and even though those days was long and stressful I still had friends to end my night with & laugh with them.
Productive workplace that spends money in wrong places
Any position (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA4 January 2018
It's a fun place to work but there is a lot of young people that have their first job there.. So there is a weird dynamic between experienced people that get the job done and those who socialy loaf or don't have an adult set of social skills. This divides what should be teams into interlinked departments that aren't really together but have to work together.
Pros
Free Tickets
Cons
Little Advancement opportunity
Productive and fun workplace
Food and beverage assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor1 January 2018
I have learned many responsibilities at Legoland such as customer service and dealing with customers. It has been a good season getting to know other workers and staff.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Stressful tasks
Very flexible company
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA12 December 2017
They work with you if you are attending school or college. You do have to, however, speak up if they start to cut your hours.I recommend you state how many hours you would like to work per week once you get hired.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
short breaks