Legoland Discovery Center

Legoland Discovery Center Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Legoland Discovery Centre is a good first job and in a cool area. Management was okay. Hours were good. I was a seasonal worker for the holidays and was called back a few months later. Pay is minimum and overall is worth it.
Pros
Free admission into the attraction.
The management staff were very nice and treated everyone with respect. Each morning there would be a fun game for all openers to partake in to get ready for the day. The best part of the job was making a child happy whether you played with them or just had a nice talk with them.
I learned a lot of skills from working here: patience, communication, quick thinking, etc. I also made a lot of friends here. It was really fun but stressful working here.
Pros
People are great
Cons
Customers complain a lot
management is a little messy, they need to realize that when you higher high school kids, they're not going to be as passionate as the older employees. other than that it was a fun job.
The atmosphere can be chaotic at times but the relationships formed with the staff there made up for it. Excellent people who made the day go by quickly and management created an open space for all.
Fun job, good coworkers for the most part... but the management is the main reason most ppl quit. The turnover rate is through the roof which should tell u a lot. It was fun and i loved my job but the management is the worst ive ever seen. I will never forget everything this place put me through but i will definitely miss the kids and the fun environment
Pros
Not a boring job, always busy
Cons
Management, favouritism, hidden motives
I enjoyed my fellow co-workers and such but the management is trash, the customers are rude and the job it self is not fun and gets really boring after a while.
It was a great starting step in my life journey. Since it was my first job, I was in my shell, but working here helped me grow. People were friendly and I was able to do something different from the previous day each time.
I met some amazing people while working at LDC. The hours were great at first but during the summer, it was pretty bad. I wanted to stay for the new year but they were giving me Exit shifts, Professor shifts and Master Model shifts. When I inquired about it, they said that because no one else wanted to work those shifts and I don't seem to mind them, they put me in those. Um... no. Just 'cause I don't complain it doesn't mean you can treat me like that.

Overall, it was a great experience. Would I work there ever again? Nah. But did I enjoy it while it lasted? Mostly.
Repetitive tasks, lots of customer interaction and opportunity to work with really outgoing people. The best part is the morning brick where we initiate a fun activity when starting. Downside must be the technical issues within the attraction and having to work with it.
Pros
Meeting new exciting people
Cons
Dreadful hours on least favourited roles
I really liked working here, however the management was very difficult and always picking on me for little things. Due to the poor management, I quit my job. However, the people working are amazing and so is the job.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Legoland is a great place to work. Managers don't ask much but for you to show up and do your job, if you can meet the minimum requirement you will have no problems.
Torrid is a half decent place the clothes are great. Its a wonderful place o help women feel great about their bodies. Really nice set up and clean most of the time.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Horrible hours and bad turn over rate
Everyday is something different and the team makes things always fun and exciting.Hardest part of the job the sensitivity of guests.
Good place to get your technician experience- work at your own pace making sure that all the displays and the attraction was fully operations during guest visits. The only issue is the hours, most of the time my shifts were noon to closing
Pros
Personal that work around you were very friendly and supportive
Cons
hours shifts from 2 pm to 10 PM
Fun place to work. Operated rides and movie theatre. Gave tours and assisted guests with any concerns or needs. Ensured guest had best experience possible.
Maintained a boardroom with activities, constantly managing children’s attitudes and behavior as well as able to perform under pressure.

Communicated and resolved inquiries daily via phone and in person, identifying customer’s needs and providing ample recommendation to clients, in addition to shipping merchandise Canada wide and cash transactions.
Opening or closing of park attractions and rides depending on shift. Answering repair calls of rides and park in a timely fashion , I learned time management, problem solving and customer service. Management was understanding and easy to work with. Co-worker were welcoming team players and helpful.
Perfect for students who are looking for a part-time job. Pay is currently above minimum wage which is what I found most desirable about the job. Working retail doesn't just mean being a cashier, you will also be working on the retail floor, the stock room and may be cross trained to work in the photo department.
There are extremely busy days (holidays, march break, weekends) and there are slower days (weekdays) so it does have a good balance. The coworkers are all friendly and it is a very happy environment overall.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough hours during slow season