LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF ONTARIO Employee Reviews

Constituency Office Manager (Former Employee) –  823 Albion Rd Etobicoke ON31 October 2018
fast paced environment where you learn something new everyday. Get to announce the current legislation. Get to help Constituents and help resolve cases.
Pros
being part of the governement
Cons
long hours late evenings
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2018
I worked for Member of Provincial Parliament under the umbrella of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. The best part of my job was to be able to help constituents and enhance the brand image of the employer by doing outreach, stakeholder meetings ], attending community events and hosting them
Fantastic place to work
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
A great place to work with very supportive co-workers. Everyone wants to see you succeed and is very positive. You are working in a group setting and teamwork is a big part of the job. The benefits were great, the atmosphere was great, the work load was manageable. My direct supervisor was wonderful.
Pros
Great co-works
Cons
Long commute into the city
great networking
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Its a government job, and you feel it when you are there. The benefits were great, the atmosphere was great, the work load was manageable. My employer was wonderful.
not a good place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
very poor management
no training
no support
very bad habits
no teamwork
they have no idea on how to be structure
not following the rules that they tell everyone what to do.
good experience
Usher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2017
rewarding political experience, while maintaining impartiality inside the legislative assemble. exposure to what happens inside legislative assemble at a close level was rewarding.
Bad Morale. No room to advance. Badmouthing. No Credit For Work
Systems Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
There are many internal problems right now with the management which is tribal and toxic. There is no room to move up. The pay is not done properly resulting in the employees being cheated on the payroll. The management is very closed and will not allow for anything other than what they can deal with which is not much because most of them were handed their jobs. The environment in Systems Development Information Services branch is very bad and has a bullying manager who is abusive towards staff. He comes across as very nice but behind people's back there is a lot of discrediting for the work that is done and a lot of blaming and shaming. People don't get the credit for work done because the management steals the credit for it. As a result, a lot of people are forced to quit, get fired or are forced to retire early.

This is the worst place to work. Closed minded. Toxic.
Pros
nice building located downtown
Cons
Toxic workplace with bullying management and reputation tarnishing
Extremely dysfunctional and poorly managed department
Facilities/Maintenance department (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 August 2015
No pay scale as you get lowest salary regardless of your experience. No design or architecture department. No management, 0 communication or assistance to do your job. Unfriendly office environment with no team spirit. No advanced technology. Antiquated paper system for drawings. Unrealistic timelines and job is mostly facility upgrades to building systems like elevators and washrooms and life safety. Outside contractors and project managers control projects. No design or creativity for any employee.
Pros
Government work hours are less than most jobs.
Cons
Pays lowest salary on scale. dysfunctional management. Unethical treatment of staff.
Flexi hours
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2014
Gives you the opportunity to recommend what are the best computer hardware and peripherals like printers, scanners, digital camera etc.
Learn new technologies at work.
Pros
Felixible working hours, taking time off in lieu of overtime pay.
Cons
Management is not very consistent with their policies.
Good salary and benefits
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON10 October 2013
The salary is competitive and benefits are above average, however opportunities for growth and advancement are poor, at least in the IT department.

The job could be interesting and challenging when projects were under way and there were occasional opportunities to take courses or go to conventions on the company dime.
Pros
public sector pension, flexible hours, parental leave
Cons
Conservative environment somewhat behind the curve in terms of technology, there aren't many opportunities to advance into senior or management roles.

Want to know more about LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF ONTARIO?

Ask a question
I take my job very seriously.
Executive Assistant & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario19 September 2012
I am a peoples person. I have worked in a community office from the last eight years.

In my role as an Executive Assistant with the Member of Provincial Parliament, I have developed the following skills.

I have developed my strong administrative skills in my role by managing the day-to-day executive and administrative operations. This includes ensuring that the operational and administrative policies, procedures and standards are consistently applied to support the achievement of the M.P.P's objectives.

I have further developed strong organizational skills as well as learned how to prioritize workflow when faced with various conflicting priorities. In situations where there are conflicting priorities, I will take a proactive approach to solving the problem, by drawing on my knowledge of the Ministry’s priorities, goals and key initiatives. I am able to quickly identify the priorities appropriately and action them accordingly.

I have organized and maintained confidential personnel files. This also included the safekeeping and archiving of the files based on the M.P.P’s retention schedule. When confidential files needed to be transferred for off-site storage, I consulted with the Ministry Freedom of Information and Privacy Act coordinator to ensure that the necessary protocols were followed to ensure the proper recording, handling and transfer of confidential documents.

I support the communication and distribution of new corporate initiatives. As the main point of contact for new initiatives, I respond to queries from Ministry staff (including Regional Directors and front
  more... line Managers) promptly and courteously.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF ONTARIO. Our community is ready to answer.

LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY OF ONTARIO Reviews by Location