Legendary Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrendous...
floor walker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 March 2019
I am skeptical about the positive outcome others have had BUT...

I've personally had several shocking encounters with management. Never imagined to be treated this way. In the beginning they are extremely friendly just to sign you up, but afterwards if you bring out an issue you'll be treated like a toddler.

Good luck working for this company, seriously, you're going to need it.

The job is boring. You will be walking around grocery stores or pharmacies all day long. If it's not boring, it's dangerous.

Then there is the toxicity of management. Almost all management are related somehow (nepotism) and they play games. If you file a complaint about whatever, it will just circle around and come back with no resolution......

they also seem to LOVE drinking.I'd imagine you need to drink if you're working in this field.I left the company last week and surprise... they messed up my pay
Cons
everything A to Z
Official response from Legendary Security Inc.
20 March 2019

I am very concerned to read your comments.

My main concern is that we have not had anyone leave our Hamilton Region in over six months.

The job can be monotonous and tedious at times but it can go from 0 to 60 in seconds. It's not for everyone.

If you have written this review in error, then I completely understand. If you have made an error on your timeline, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will ensure you are paid for your time so that I can investigate your concerns.

Thanks

James

President

Great workplace
Floor walker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
I’m still pretty new to the company I have worked here for about around a year now and have nothing to complain about. The company is runed very professionally with great staff CEO’S and supervisors. It’s fun working here and a great experience.
Loss Prevention Officer: A great place to start your Law Enforcement Career!
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2019
Working with Legendary Security has been nothing but GREAT so far!!

This company is such an amazing place to start gaining experience in the law enforcement field. Working here i have gained so much knowledge and continue to learn new things every shift I work.

If you have a real passion in Law enforcement you will definitely love this job and enjoy working as a Loss Prevention Officer

Even though we work alone , we still have help. There were so any times where I needed help, and my mangers were just one phone call away.

Management is great so far, working hours are very flexible.

A typical day at work is paying close attention to people who walk into a store and making sure no one is stealing.
Pros
Paid Breaks, We get benefits, Get to work alone, Flexible hours and We don't get to work on STAT HOLIDAYS !
Cons
Pay could be better.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2019
Good place to work as staff is very good and helpful. Great pay rate. Overall very good . Good working sites. Never gets disappointed. Never get bored
Pros
Good pay rate
Dissapointing full time job
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton22 February 2019
Job promises full time hours but doesnt even come close to offering that. Schedule changes are extremely frequent. They also expect you to drive far distances on a paycheck that doesnt even have you making 80hrs.
Needs major revamp
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 February 2019
You make the decision to join or not:

Pros:
Experience arresting people
Experience dealing with junkies
Different work sites (can't get bored easily)
Independent work

Cons:
Toxic management
Management LOVES drinking...
Low wages
Not covered under WSIB
Disgruntled coworkers
Travel pay depends on how liked you are (management wise)
Clients treat you like garbage
Too many "managers"

For me it's just a hassle to deal with management. I just look the other way until the next opportunity.
Pros
As above
Cons
as above
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2019
Great place to work and they provide me with full time hours. I have worked for several other LP services and the pay at Legendary is far the best. Management is very open to my scheduling needs and limitations.
Pros
Great Pay
Dont work for them!!
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 February 2019
Will try not to pay you for the shifts you've worked and give you ridiculous excuses as to why. IE documents were not sent in pdf format ?? when all they ask for is a picture stating how many hours are worked. Operations manager does do her job well and tries to intimidate you when you inquire about your pay. .
Best Company to work for
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2019
I am working with this company from over a year now and all I have to say is that they have the best management . They will stand by your side and will back you up . Recently I had a racial encounter while working at a store as a loss prevention and it was an employee of the store , management stood by my side ,trusted me and looked into the matter and resolved it . That guy learned a lesson and will not treat anyone like that from now . All thanks to the management. Plus , company offers a flexible schedule, you don’t want to work on a particular day for any reason,just let them know, it has best staff and good pay rate .
Pros
Flexible schedule, pay rate, endless support from management
Cons
Sometimes less hours ( low business due to weather or season )
RUN! Do not work for them!!!
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2019
Straight up this company is bull, we are extremely expendable to them. they dont care about you let alone what you have to say. the management is a bunch of drunks literally, and if you stand up for yourself you get fired, they throw out false accusations and stick there nose where it doesnt belong. Pay is almost always wrong and they dont care. They are rapidly going down hill. So if you wanna job dont work here because you wont have it for long. If you get hurt plain clothes arent covered and they dont help none. Stay AWAYYYYY.
Pros
Cons
Tons
Great Experiance With Legendary
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON18 January 2019
I was brought on to legendary security as a regional manager.

I instantly felt like part of the team, and was welcomed with open arms. The upper management team made themselves available 24/7 if I had any questions or concerns.. coupled by weekly conference calls, I always felt as if I was in the loop.

I was offered a very competitive wage in the field, and was always fairly compensated for administrative work hours, travel expenses, and the president even took the time to come to my region to take me and my team out for Christmas dinner.

If you are looking to get into the loss prevention field, I would highly recommend working for Legendary Security.
I should have read the reviews before joining in
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON28 December 2018
My experience hasn't been much different from everyone else..
depressed employees, managers in my area aren't professional, pay is about average for this position, basically they expect the world from you but when you ask about something you are treated like a 1st grader. Extremely disrespectful towards employees.
Pros
some experience
Cons
pay, management, coworkers, clients
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 December 2018
Great place to work , friendly staff and management flexible hours and shifts. Management cares about your well being and safety. Good pay only downside is the night shift.
Pros
Good night shift premium, friendly staff
Cons
Night shift
No clue where their heads at
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 October 2018
Honestly, I am not even sure what to address first but here I go:

*Management is extremely toxic and they play mind games. I mean how many managers supervisors VPs do I need to respond to???

* typical day is walking around in stores trying to catch thieves, but they are contracted with small stores and there usually are more employees than customers in the store.

*No matter what store you work all their staff are rude and they sometimes make you wait up to 15 minutes to sign you in.. and when they show up they get mad because they expected you to work before they sign you in

*They force you to download an app on your phone and it will detect your location. The problem with that is the app very glitchy and drains your phone's battery. And if you get an arrest and your phone is dead management will be mad and yell at you for not submitting the report on time

*They messed up my pay 3 times and after the third time i've had enough and quit because they will either have someone drive from their London office to hand me cash (a bit sketch) or i have to wait another 2 weeks to get the difference. Ridiculous.

My advice to UPPER management is to hire an HR person to screen your supervisors

I am not even finished but i am getting mad as i type this... if you're looking for employment you're better off weighing trucks at gates than work for this company
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
everything i said up there
Look somewhere else
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 September 2018
They will hire you on and promise full time hours and top pay. You will end up driving all over the place between cities with no mileage covered, so a chunk of your pay goes towards gas.

Their app for signing in and report writing is just inconvenient. You have to geotag yourself at locations to sign in and out, PLUS carry paperwork to each jobsite and have a manager sign you in and out, on the app and on paper. Then you have to scan your papers and send it in (because the app doing all of that for you wasn't enough in the first place?)

The scheduler lies about time off requests and will book you anyway against your availability. Some days you will only work 4 hours but end up driving an hour out of town (again, on your own dime) and an hour home. The next day you'll work 12 hours, but split across 3 stores in 2-3 different cities. One day I was scheduled 6 hours in Guelph, and then given an hour to do drive to another city that was 90 mins away for my next shift. Your commute between stores was also considered your break, so you were using your lunch/dinner to drive to the next spot.

Their entire setup is just designed around inconveniencing their staff. Communication is poor. Go somewhere like Walmart or Loblaw for LP instead.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No office, no cameras, hands off "arresting", floor patrol all day, everything else I said above
Don’t work for them
LP Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara1 March 2018
They tell you want you want to hear. Payroll and management are terrible. Pay is always late. Management only cares about filling their pockets. They promise full time hours but that never happens. Travel is supposed to be paid to you and it isn’t. Be prepared to travel up to an hour away for hours. What a mistake it was to work for this company. I should have read the reviews before accepting this job.
Pros
Not bad pay rate.
Cons
Everyone in management
Just another small security company
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 February 2018
nothing is special about them... the majority of their employees are disgruntled and unhappy. Favouritism runs in management's blood so no matter how good you do apprehension wise and policy compliance, it will not be seen.
Worst part is our paychecks. They are almost always wrong... Yes, I kept count. For 2017, 23 pays were wrong out of 26 (always under paid rather than over paid.. duhh).

Some shifts are split and some shifts are full day in one site. Split shifts will make you miserable. Travel isn't bad but it isn't always reimbursed...
Pros
experience
Cons
everything else
Absolutely Terrible
Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2018
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. So unorganized, management is awful, your pay will never be correct, no hours are guaranteed, you will travel absolutely everywhere in southern Ontario just to pick up full time hours. You're supposed to be reimbursed for travel which is never correct on your pay stubs. Take my advice and do not work for this company or you will regret it. They will hire absolutely anyone, including people with no loss prevention experience, who are willing to drive anywhere.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible management, too much travel
best loss prevention company to ever exist.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2018
their LP's are all experienced, follow policies and take initiative. they do not tolerate laziness. recovering and loss prevention is their main goal.
Pros
fast. reliable. tough
Non Ethical company
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 December 2017
If you are new Canadian and don't know that there are companies who would respect you and pay you the same as anyone else, then this is the place for you.

They hire you and then do not give you the amount of hours promised. They would rather hire new Canadians for $13 per hour when everyone else makes $15+ and leave longer working staff to have to go to cash alley for work. they know about it, but do nothing.

my advice to the company owner is to fire the manager who act unprofessional and liars.

read all other comments and you will know the what is like to work for them. they appear like friends and treat you like king for few weeks then you are treated like garbage if you don't want to socialise with them after work
Pros
some travel pay
Cons
managers hours pay rate questionable ethicsa

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legendary Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8