Legendary Security Inc.

Legendary Security Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
low pay, boring job, toxic management and clients
the title says it all I was hired at a certain low wage and it didn't matter in the beginning because it is an entry level position. After few weeks on the job, I found it to be very boring if you don't arrest so I started looking on indeed again, and surprise! they had an entry level position posted for $2 more than what I was making (seriously unprofessional). I brought my concerns forward and was promised a raise "in few weeks" on the next scheduling cycle, my hours were cut from ~30-35 to 8 hours and I was told it's because a client left them so I inquired with my other coworkers and they said they were scheduled at the client location that was supposedly cancelled. So I brought this forward once again and I was told they removed me because they had received a complaint from the store about my performance. Which is it? You lost the store or got a complaint? (and they didn't provide specifics of the complaint) Your guess is as good as mine.

Now they are not returning my calls or texts so i filed a complaint with the labor board. i am currently working a similar position with another company because I have no choice... neither of them have full time hours
Stay away
completely sketchy company. They add you to a WhatsApp and you have no idea who you're sending your personal info to. Could be any scammer. Everything is amateur and all over the place the people that "work" there don't even know what's going on or who you are. Mess up your pay, if they pay you. You will probably work for free. I'm surprised the police have not shut down these guys. Stay far away
Competitive and stressful environment
For those who can handle stress and work in a confrontational environment, this job is perfect for them. Perfect for people wanting to join law enforcement.
Great company to work for
I worked for legendary security for around two years. My experience with the company was great. The job itself can go from 0 to 100 in the matter of seconds which made it exciting. Catching thieves was rewarding and staff from the contracts were always celebrating when an arrest was made and made it known to you that you did a good job. Upper management was always on top of things and made it seem like a family rather than coworkers.
Management is all over the place
There are some good guys working for this company but overall management ruins everything. I know some that are some good case getters but they get reprimanded all the time for the silliest matters.
Horrendous...
I am skeptical about the positive outcome others have had BUT...

I've personally had several shocking encounters with management. Never imagined to be treated this way. In the beginning they are extremely friendly just to sign you up, but afterwards if you bring out an issue you'll be treated like a toddler.

Good luck working for this company, seriously, you're going to need it.

The job is boring. You will be walking around grocery stores or pharmacies all day long. If it's not boring, it's dangerous.

Then there is the toxicity of management. Almost all management are related somehow (nepotism) and they play games. If you file a complaint about whatever, it will just circle around and come back with no resolution......

they also seem to LOVE drinking.I'd imagine you need to drink if you're working in this field.I left the company last week and surprise... they messed up my pay
Cons
everything A to Z
Official response from Legendary Security Inc.
20 March 2019
I am very concerned to read your comments.

My main concern is that we have not had anyone leave our Hamilton Region in over six months.

The job can be monotonous and tedious at times but it can go from 0 to 60 in seconds. It's not for everyone.

If you have written this review in error, then I completely understand. If you have made an error on your timeline, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will ensure you are paid for your time so that I can investigate your concerns.

Thanks

James

President
Great workplace
I’m still pretty new to the company I have worked here for about around a year now and have nothing to complain about. The company is runed very professionally with great staff CEO’S and supervisors. It’s fun working here and a great experience.
Loss Prevention Officer: A great place to start your Law Enforcement Career!
Working with Legendary Security has been nothing but GREAT so far!!

This company is such an amazing place to start gaining experience in the law enforcement field. Working here i have gained so much knowledge and continue to learn new things every shift I work.

If you have a real passion in Law enforcement you will definitely love this job and enjoy working as a Loss Prevention Officer

Even though we work alone , we still have help. There were so any times where I needed help, and my mangers were just one phone call away.

Management is great so far, working hours are very flexible.

A typical day at work is paying close attention to people who walk into a store and making sure no one is stealing.
Pros
Paid Breaks, We get benefits, Get to work alone, Flexible hours and We don't get to work on STAT HOLIDAYS !
Cons
Pay could be better.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Legendary Security Inc.?
A place to start
I have started working with this company three months before as a part time security guard. They have been giving me regular shifts as well but sometimes the management make sudden changes to the individuals schedule which doesn’t look good although they notify it with an email. Overall it is a good company to work for.
Cons
Good place to work as staff is very good and helpful. Great pay rate. Overall very good . Good working sites. Never gets disappointed. Never get bored
Pros
Good pay rate
Dissapointing full time job
Job promises full time hours but doesnt even come close to offering that. Schedule changes are extremely frequent. They also expect you to drive far distances on a paycheck that doesnt even have you making 80hrs.
Needs major revamp
You make the decision to join or not:

Pros:

Experience arresting people

Experience dealing with junkies

Different work sites (can't get bored easily)

Independent work

Cons:

Toxic management

Management LOVES drinking...

Low wages

Not covered under WSIB

Disgruntled coworkers

Travel pay depends on how liked you are (management wise)

Clients treat you like garbage

Too many "managers"

For me it's just a hassle to deal with management. I just look the other way until the next opportunity.
Pros
As above
Cons
as above
Great place to work and they provide me with full time hours. I have worked for several other LP services and the pay at Legendary is far the best. Management is very open to my scheduling needs and limitations.
Pros
Great Pay
Dont work for them!!
Will try not to pay you for the shifts you've worked and give you ridiculous excuses as to why. IE documents were not sent in pdf format ?? when all they ask for is a picture stating how many hours are worked. Operations manager does do her job well and tries to intimidate you when you inquire about your pay. .
Best Company to work for
I am working with this company from over a year now and all I have to say is that they have the best management . They will stand by your side and will back you up . Recently I had a racial encounter while working at a store as a loss prevention and it was an employee of the store , management stood by my side ,trusted me and looked into the matter and resolved it . That guy learned a lesson and will not treat anyone like that from now . All thanks to the management. Plus , company offers a flexible schedule, you don’t want to work on a particular day for any reason,just let them know, it has best staff and good pay rate .
Pros
Flexible schedule, pay rate, endless support from management
Cons
Sometimes less hours ( low business due to weather or season )
RUN! Do not work for them!!!
Straight up this company is bull, we are extremely expendable to them. they dont care about you let alone what you have to say. the management is a bunch of drunks literally, and if you stand up for yourself you get fired, they throw out false accusations and stick there nose where it doesnt belong. Pay is almost always wrong and they dont care. They are rapidly going down hill. So if you wanna job dont work here because you wont have it for long. If you get hurt plain clothes arent covered and they dont help none. Stay AWAYYYYY.
Pros
Cons
Tons
Great Experiance With Legendary
I was brought on to legendary security as a regional manager.

I instantly felt like part of the team, and was welcomed with open arms. The upper management team made themselves available 24/7 if I had any questions or concerns.. coupled by weekly conference calls, I always felt as if I was in the loop.

I was offered a very competitive wage in the field, and was always fairly compensated for administrative work hours, travel expenses, and the president even took the time to come to my region to take me and my team out for Christmas dinner.

If you are looking to get into the loss prevention field, I would highly recommend working for Legendary Security.
I should have read the reviews before joining in
My experience hasn't been much different from everyone else..
depressed employees, managers in my area aren't professional, pay is about average for this position, basically they expect the world from you but when you ask about something you are treated like a 1st grader. Extremely disrespectful towards employees.
Pros
some experience
Cons
pay, management, coworkers, clients
Great place to work , friendly staff and management flexible hours and shifts. Management cares about your well being and safety. Good pay only downside is the night shift.
Pros
Good night shift premium, friendly staff
Cons
Night shift
No clue where their heads at
Honestly, I am not even sure what to address first but here I go:

*Management is extremely toxic and they play mind games. I mean how many managers supervisors VPs do I need to respond to???

* typical day is walking around in stores trying to catch thieves, but they are contracted with small stores and there usually are more employees than customers in the store.

*No matter what store you work all their staff are rude and they sometimes make you wait up to 15 minutes to sign you in.. and when they show up they get mad because they expected you to work before they sign you in

*They force you to download an app on your phone and it will detect your location. The problem with that is the app very glitchy and drains your phone's battery. And if you get an arrest and your phone is dead management will be mad and yell at you for not submitting the report on time

*They messed up my pay 3 times and after the third time i've had enough and quit because they will either have someone drive from their London office to hand me cash (a bit sketch) or i have to wait another 2 weeks to get the difference. Ridiculous.

My advice to UPPER management is to hire an HR person to screen your supervisors

I am not even finished but i am getting mad as i type this... if you're looking for employment you're better off weighing trucks at gates than work for this company
Pros
literally nothing
Cons
everything i said up there
Look somewhere else
They will hire you on and promise full time hours and top pay. You will end up driving all over the place between cities with no mileage covered, so a chunk of your pay goes towards gas.

Their app for signing in and report writing is just inconvenient. You have to geotag yourself at locations to sign in and out, PLUS carry paperwork to each jobsite and have a manager sign you in and out, on the app and on paper. Then you have to scan your papers and send it in (because the app doing all of that for you wasn't enough in the first place?)

The scheduler lies about time off requests and will book you anyway against your availability. Some days you will only work 4 hours but end up driving an hour out of town (again, on your own dime) and an hour home. The next day you'll work 12 hours, but split across 3 stores in 2-3 different cities. One day I was scheduled 6 hours in Guelph, and then given an hour to do drive to another city that was 90 mins away for my next shift. Your commute between stores was also considered your break, so you were using your lunch/dinner to drive to the next spot.

Their entire setup is just designed around inconveniencing their staff. Communication is poor. Go somewhere like Walmart or Loblaw for LP instead.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
No office, no cameras, hands off "arresting", floor patrol all day, everything else I said above
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legendary Security Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8