Legal Aid Ontario Employee Reviews

Amazing
Bilingual Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
I love this job, great team, great hours and great benefits. There is nothing I wouldn't change in the company. Very accommodating and has a great benefits and support.
Racially discriminatory workplace / Bullying
Staff Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
LAO's work culture was very toxic for those deemed to be out of sync with the culture. LAO also pays only lip service to persons with disabilities. Politics and bullying are unfortunately prevalent in this organization which has numerous silos competing with one another.
Legal clinic is not Legal Aid I
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  York, ON26 February 2018
Be warned that legal clinics are Not the same as Legal Aid Ontario. The community legal clinic of York region has a terrible terrible retention rate. The working environment is toxic. The director is never around. The office is run by incompetent lawyers who consider themselves to be all mighty professionals. The fact is these people are not governed by anyone but themselves. Don't get suck into this black hole. Luckily my contract ended. Stay away.
fun place to work
Translator / Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
all you got to do is deal with clients and as interpreter and sight translator. you take a break and chill, the place is well managed and very clean. stuffs are respectful.
Pros
good payment
Cons
less hours
Loved Legal Aid
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2017
Loved every boss in every department. Floated around assisting a variety of managers on the same floor. Mailroom, Registration, Data Entry, Filing. Professional with personal interest.
Wonderful place
Communications Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
The work at LAO is very meaningful. The people there take pride in what they do and work well together as a unit. There are solid plans in place to ensure our success, but we are not afraid to update and progress with the times as well.
Pros
So much to do all the time
Cons
not enough employees
NO comment
District Triage Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2016
I really do not appreciate writing a review to be able to post my resume for review. This is not the place nor the location to do this. I am uncomfortable doing this.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
Nothing to say
Excellent place to work
Articling Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2015
Excellent place to work. People are friendly, and dedicated to the organization's mission and to ensuring a job well done.
Excellent place to work and grow.
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2014
A typical day at work is busy with meetings, agenda preparations, Meeting minute distribution, Sponsor updates, team meetings etc.

I have learned a lot at my present company as I am working here for the past 15 years and grown a lot in my career and gained valuable experience.

Management is excellent but frequesnt changes occurs due to promotions and exits.

My co-workers are superb resources with excellent technogy expertise. They simply make everything possible and make my job so easy to manage.

I have not seen much of the hardest part yet but I face some resource contention on some projects which creates some slight acceptable delays.

My colleagues and also the challenges I face while I deliver successful projects.
Great organisation to work with
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dundas Street West (AOB)3 February 2014
Great organisation to work with, with excellent team spirit and great opportunities.
follow PMBOK best practices diligently
Project Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On22 October 2012
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the senior management was insisting on following PMBOK recommended project management methods.