Leeds Employee Reviews

Great job
Operator (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA22 April 2018
Come on time work hard clean your spot smile very fast work I am a ppl person work well with other talk to your co worker nice job great pay long hours
Pros
Pay lunch
Cons
Short lunch
Not very good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA19 April 2018
the managment smoked weed, the manager acted like a child. i shouldnt have to type more about this. but i guess i can make up s*** till i get up to 150
bad
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lower Burrell, PA 150689 March 2018
Boaring and no help to get job done people are nice to talk to.nice breaks and lunch was good hours were ok 1 weekend off a month and good parking for everone.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Production environment with large number of employees per shift.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA19 September 2017
Fast paced production environment. With a lot of equipment that were designed to increase output, and rapidly move product from one production process to the next. Equipment was mechanical in nature, individual machine processes controlled pneumatically, the equipment process outputs and inputs were controlled by complex electrical cabinets.
Pros
Job security, fast paced, relaxed environment
Cons
No overtime
Fast paced
Lasser engraver (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA7 May 2017
Was paid okay . . Ran a machine after only being there for 2 weeks which was fine.. had no major problems with anyone did whatbwas asked of me and went home
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Alot of drama
There's alot of employee turnover
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA7 March 2017
The general environment within Leed's over the past few years has deteriorated to a point where there is no job security and people are paranoid for their jobs. There is a distinct lack of direction within the company and only certain departments are considered important. I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere for employment.
Good Work Environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA11 December 2016
On a typical day at work i learned how to work with a team. The management was structured and the co-workers got along very well. My experience there was good.
Good
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds17 November 2016
Iv worked in lot off different environments, Worked with lots off different people in leeds a lovely place to work .cleaning ,team work,stacking shelfs,manageing shops,handling money
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
16 hours
Fun Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA4 October 2016
A great place to learn a new trade in custom products. The whole place is like a tiny town. There is so much to learn and many advancements that can be made with this company.
Retail
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 September 2016
Typically, it was busy when especially on the holidays and pick hours. I learned to be friendly and to smile always to the customers. management was good and co-workers were fun. The hardest part of this job were when there were no customers because no business. The most enjoyable part of this job was talking to people and finding interesting about themselves.
Pros
comission
Cons
compensation, schedule
Invoicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PA7 July 2016
Easy but productive work day

Have to get the work done in a timely matter

Sometimes small or big workloads

Good co-workers
Leeds
Material Handler Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA25 February 2016
Its a great job if you really need a job. They have a nice facility and good management. But the work is rather repetitive and work/life balance wasn't to good.
Promotional, fast paced.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA11 January 2016
I would work there again. Overall not a bad place to work if you like long day's and hrs. New owners, not sure about conditions there now.
Very little mangement communication and strcture
production supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA18 November 2015
Very little communication by upper management to production area. Lacked an overall goal oriented structure. Did learn to manage and solve problems very quickly.
Was good
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  New Kensington, PA9 November 2015
At first i loved my job.. i didnt mind the 10 hour days or the 12s 6,7 days a week. but after bullet line sent people up to try and fix it.. all it did was create this masive problem and now we cant get anyone to work there which i wouldnt recomend it to anyone anymore
Pros
good co workers
Cons
strict on time off, lousy pay ask way to much of you
too physical not enough pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Burrell, PA30 September 2015
the company requires too much for little pay. it would be fine if the pay was better. no major requirements, just unload boxes from semi-trailers and restock in the warehouse
Pros
alwyas had 40+ hours
Cons
pay rate
Productive and a fun environment to meet friends
Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA14 September 2015
I come in to work, clock in and wait till the team lead gives us our tasks for the day. Most of the time they have me at the end of the conveyor belt packing and putting stuff in boxes. Some days I will be on machine putting recycling bags on plates for the machine to put ink on them. They machine decorates the bags with company logos that get shipped out all over the world. Management was nice most of the time but when it was busy they tend to put people under to much pressure. My coworkers were pretty cool. They would help me out if I ever needed help. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the required amount of bags a day. The most enjoyable part was getting to see more and more company logos printed and getting to chill with my coworkers
Pros
Learning new stuff and chilling with my coworkers
Cons
Under too much pressure during busy time
American Sweat Shop
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Kensington, PA24 August 2015
Terrible experience, 12 hour days 6 to 7 days a week mandatory at times. Forced to leaving as they would not work with a breastfeeding mother.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life outside of work, unwilling to work with you including for health reasons
Okay place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burrell, PA10 August 2015
In the grand scheme of things its not terrible just has a few internal problems. They have a high turn over rate making it hard to keep good employees there.
responsibilities of a qc inspector
qc inspector (Former Employee) –  new kensington pa23 March 2015
As skids of business product came off the truck , a portion of the purchase order was delivered to our area to inspect for defects in the product. After inspected the product , there was paperwork to be filled out on the purchase order and entered into the powerhouse system. If the order passes it gets sent to production to be decorated for the customer.
Working at leeds , I learned the powerhouse system , Microsoft excel , I was in charge of the sample area where samples of each item was kept.
benefits
Cons
small space / tight areas