Ledcor Employee Reviews

Amazing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2018
100% commission, you pretty much decide your hours, 100% ability to travel to anywhere you want, paid accommodations, networking, unbelievably positive environment. Overall a great place to work!
Pros
Personal development through the roof, learn to grow and become a leader and take charge of your life, no limit to how much you make because you're 100% commission, paid accommodations, ability to travel
Cons
Might face a lot rejection (it's a door to door sales job), but rejection is apart of growing!), some days you can make $0
Ledcor
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB14 February 2018
Good Company, Fair with employees , good safety culture and fair work environment. Good wages and safe work environment. Decent
moral on site. Good Company!
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Sometimes disorganized
I was assigned many tasks as a labourer , i learnt alot of different things .
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2018
I would work for Ledcor again , however not in Alberta , if they were in Timmins , I would definitely reapply .
It's a great company to work for if you are eager about learning .
Pros
Bonuses, great pay, benefits, insentives
Cons
Long hours, camp life, time away from family .
Excellent Experience
Fiber Drop Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2018
The Job was fly in fly out, the company fully train us for 2 weeks paid hourly and you get paid LOs and hotel is paid by the company . I leant alot from my co workers and supervisors.
great coworkers and management
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Boyle, AB4 February 2018
safety is sought
take the time to do it safe, proper, and with pride
good management, push for learning while doing
safe fun culture crew makes a diff
hardest part jobs not set in stone job length or next start are wildly random
knowing its safety oriented, the big pay and time off
enjoyable place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 February 2018
the flights were payed and i love the job that i did. it was always fun to go to work and a great crew to work with, the food was great and i would return to work for them any time. It was a very safe work place.
Great Company
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB31 January 2018
Was a welders helper and enjoyed my time on the line. Could count on a good crew no matter where you were sent out. Wages were fair at the time and spread boss kept everyone in line.
Great company!
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2018
Great company to work for! Competitive wages, well organized, and after one project ends, they do their best to find another spot for you, and if they can't, if you're a good worker, they call you back when they can.
Pros
Benefits, competitive wages
Cons
Maximum hours, potentially put on a crammed bus to work.
enjoy meeting new people
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC26 January 2018
At first, I felt out of place, I didn't know anyone and I thought I'm not going to be here long. after a few weeks of working with the crew I became good friends with the guys and girls on the site. I worked a lot with the trades workers and they liked my work ethic and also they enjoyed my company. the weather in Fort Nelson wasn't as bad as people said it was.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
away from family
Pretty great company to work for
B Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Good team work and great communication between the different trades.

Heat was an issue and at times it was unbearable and hard to complete tasks but management would give us as much time for micro breaks and cool downs.

I worked with grinders and rotating equipment everyday.
Knowledgeable in electrical circuits and troubleshooting welding machines. Familiar with awkward positioning to weld metal components together.

Use of everyday welding tools, squares, levels straight edges, center hole punches drawing and blueprint knowledge.

Understanding the basics of pipe ratings connections and fittings.

It was a great experience for me and I wish the job had lasted longer but project came to an end. I would definitely for these
Pros
great team to wok with. overal great management
Cons
extreme heat was an issue. atmosphere a bit hectic but overal good.
great
LABOURER/APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 January 2018
really pleasing to work for and have everything in the workplace together and deals with everything very fairly and caringly. very nice workplace atmosphere. not too much pressure but not to slack.
Pros
happy, efficient, on schedule, good communication between employees, and good problem solving
Cons
some eployees slacking
good company to work for
Apprentice Welder/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
Good compensation and benefits. Variety of workers and tasks. high standard of safety, easy to get along with management. would recommend employment here.
Strong corporate culture and growth opportunities
Manager Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Canada16 January 2018
The corporate culture is strong but there are less than desirable qualities shown in a specific business unit which are supported by the executive team of that business unit. If one is not exposed directly to the behaviors (individuals exhibiting them or individuals perpetuating them by not acting), this is a great place to work.
awesome company
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC13 January 2018
Very well run company , Great leadership and tasks were delegated properly . Great production daily . Overall great company to work for each and every day .
productive an fun
Civil Foreman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Ledcor is an exceptional company they no how to treat there people an take care of them.Lots of room for advancement especially getting into a trade...Ledcor is all over the world..recommend Ledcor to anyone.
Pros
everything provided
Cons
fun workplace with approachable people
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 January 2018
productive and fun workplace with nice camp and food,provide safety incentives,give travel allowances,approachable foreman and supervisors,excellence in safety.
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
sometimes short of tools
Sales rep - used to be great but now going downhill FAST
Field Sales Representative (Pilot) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2018
When I first joined the company really respected me and treated us well. I learned a ton about sales and goal setting within the first months of the job.

Unfortunately as the job went on things went downhill. We weren't hiring as much and people were leaving because there was no new territory. Honestly it feels like your success is determined by chance whether the managers like you and send you to new territory or not.

Certain leaders in the company are truly inspiring. But at the end of the day, management is lazy, uncaring and becoming less and less apparent. When sales are dry and there's no new territory, the reps are the only ones suffering while managers are out going on trips every weekend with their salaries. A lot of people in this company are now making less than minimum wage while others are making near 6 figures. How does this happen?

I highly recommend if you are young and looking to find what you want to do in life. There are some great mentors here. But career wise, you arrived 3 years too late to join the old boys club.
Pros
Great culture and mentors
Cons
Long hours, unfairness, poor pay, hard work.
Great learning experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB4 January 2018
when i was working night shift i would be at the work site making sure everything was ok ( pumps) as we jumping a creek. safety is always a top priority which is nice because you feel safe with everything going on around you
Pros
good salary
Cons
enjoyed working for this company
2nd Year Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2017
really good benefits, good pay, good working atmosphere. i would go back to this company if i could. they are clac affiliated which makes your benefits protected.
Poor Management Culture
Non-Unionized Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 December 2017
Decent pay and benefits. Great company if you're part of the click. Upper management in Edmonton seems to have no issue defending PMs that are disorganized, lies to clients and verbally abuses employees. Talking with people that have spent years with Ledcor, this company is slowly going down hill, and starts at the top.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Poorly managed, temp work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.