Ledcor Pay & Benefits reviews

A fantastic opportunity for someone looking advance
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta31 July 2018
If you are ready to undergo a complete lifestyle change, be 100% responsible for your own income and success, this is the opportunity for you. If you are looking to turn up to a 9-5 job and go home to sit on the coach this is not the job for you and you most likely won't be successful here. Ledcor benefits those who adapt to it's unique culture, those who are willing to give 100% commitment to reach a high level of both personal growth and a high income. Whether or not you choose to stick with it, Ledcor will open up an entirely new perspective on life and success for you. Although my own personal time at Ledcor was a rollercoaster of amazing high points and rock bottom low points I highly recommend going though this experience.
Pros
Company provided accommodation and transportation, opportunity for personal an financial growth
Cons
100% commission, highly stressful, very poor work life balance, structural, organisational and managerial nightmare, inconsistent across the board: income, rules, location, etc. Nothing is every stable or consistent.
Unorganized, Catty, Huge Egos
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2018
One of the most unorganized companies I have ever worked for. They told me I was going to be going into Sales which did not happen right away, actually 3 weeks after you arrive in Vancouver head office. Notify you one day before if they are going to move you or fly you out. The company housing is a fantastic perk only when your roommates keep it up to standard. I've moved around to different places and each house I have arrived in has been dirty and messy. Not only that but there aren't alot of women in the company due to the culture being formulated around "bro's". The worst part is that the majority of women in the company are catty and intentionally seek out drama. Thank God I have never been caught in the crossfire but I have seen ridiculous moments between the girls that I thought would call for suspension. Not only that, the managers have such high egos and get paid on salary where they don't put in the effort to support you when you need it. In a sense sales reps are seen as disposable and its a continuous revolving door so not alot of effort is made to helping or supporting them. The only positive thing about the company is the personal development side in training. Other than that they set a facade of standards and ideologies superiors never follow, and if you don't fit in their cookie cutter shape there is something wrong with you.
Pros
Company housing and Vehicles
Cons
Long hours with minimal support
Good Perks but Tough to Advance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2018
They offer an excellent opportunity to work on some of the lower mainland's signature projects, with a lot of company infrastructure in place. The hours are flexible, allowing leave for appointments or illness. The benefits and perks are great and salary is decent. Tough place for advancement, it becomes very political. Need to know or work with someone of significant influence to get noticed, especially if you are located on site and away from the head office.
Great Place to Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia12 September 2018
Having worked out of town the company was great for flying us in and out along with having coach busses to drive us to and from work. Every day i learnt something new and everyone wanted to teach me different tasks. I made Lots of buddies up there including management. The hardest part of the job was being out of town for weeks at a time while trying to have a family life. Day to day was fun and we got to do different things everyday so it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Moneyand Benefits
Cons
long periods of time away from home
great job
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2018
great work life balance, good salary, very structured company with future for advancement, work by yourself kind of atmosphere, very safety orientated.
Corrupted Culture
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 November 2018
I worked for this company for over 5 years and tried to stick with them in hopes for advancement and growth. I was lead on a path towards nothing. I took time off to advance my knowledge to get a position i was told would be open and by the time i came back and told them i was certified and ready they hired someone a week later with lesser experience than myself based off of his relationship with the boss.

in addition to this there is a specific division where the superintendent is married to one of the workers and is promoting her past many of others that have worked hard to move up in the company. there is a tight knit group in the upper management in this division who talk poorly about the workers and promote production based off fear. Reminded often if you don't like the task they will replace you. They talk about how great the culture is but once you settle into the company you will notice that it is a very polluted culture and run by a tight knit group who do not care for the workers. they need to seriously re evaluate who is managing the company on the division i was in and learn how to treat workers.

I asked for 12 days off to spend time with my family and i was told that i probably won't have a job to come back to. This was the first time in 3 years i had asked for time off. The person telling me this had worked with me for the entire 5 years and accumulated no respect or appreciation for the hard work i had given over the years.

About wages and salary

I asked for a $3.00 raise and was turned down , this is after those 5 years my wage had decreased each
  more... project and at the end my wage went down by $5.00.  less
Pros
Very Few
Cons
no time off, not appreciated, poor leadership
Great company and culture
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Ledcor hires good people and focuses on the growth of individuals. Management is understanding and transparent as well as supports employees in their career.
Pros
Benefits, people
You will only get in if you know someone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
They offer good benefits and on site perks such as a gym, cafeteria and classes. I only ever saw staff hired that already knew someone working for the company.
benefits
great group, fair and easy to communicate with
Skilled Labourer/Tool Crib Attendant/Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray4 October 2018
worked with this company on and off for 6 years, lots of room for growth, fair wage great benefits.

Superintendents were easier to talk to than foremans
Huge Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  , AB16 October 2018
Loved working here. but you can get lost in the mix because of the size. good projects to work on but unfortunately they dont seem to get the big Projects in the oil & gas sector anymore.
Pros
Stable company, good pay and benifits
Cons
no work
Over all the worst company ever
LTS internet installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2018
Everybody wants to cover their own pocket.. Management making stories and to wash workers brains. They are ready to fire everyone for so call customer right, actuality who does not let them to take money from them.
Pros
free coffe paid from workes money so managment people can drink
Cons
Ill mangment
LTS is pretty much the lowest paying Telecom contractor
Fiber optic installer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 December 2017
Safety is number one and more than just lip service.

Pay is bottom of the barrel for almost any Telecom contractor in the LML

Benefits are ok. You can't just go get a massage. You need a doctors note explaining why. Kind of a joke.

All tools and truck supplied.

You can make manager very quickly. But you just have to be a company YES man.

Low morale. Their business model basically includes hiring new people at a discounted wage and then milking them until they leave the company. If you quit within a year YOU have to pay the company back for the training. NEVER heard of this at any other company. They have this because so many people quit. 80% of my hire group had left the company by 6 months.

It's a good racket for them.
Pros
Ok benefits, weekly BBQ in the summer, all tools provided
Cons
Long hours low pay bad morale
Great place to work and very competitive wages
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack22 January 2019
Maintenance department is well run and the employees are great to work with. Wages are some of the highest you'll find in the Fraser Vallet for ticketed trades. Great benefit package and friendly/efficient HR staff. Close to home if you live in Chilliwack. Lots of overtime available but not mandatory.
Pros
High wages, Close to home
Great place for developing/improving sale and communication skills and growing skin under amazing management
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
Work starts with daily meeting and trainings for a few hours. Afterwards, we drive to specific areas and go door-to-door. I have
enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills by daily presenting to several potential customers. Also:
- Strengthened my time management skills by prioritizing certain tasks to ensure the best outcome for all customers.
- Actively worked and maintained positive relationship with the team of 7-8 people
- Learned about the importance of relationship with the customer and leaving a good experience.
Pros
Skill development, commission
Cons
No hourly wage and benefits
Great company!
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2018
Great company to work for! Competitive wages, well organized, and after one project ends, they do their best to find another spot for you, and if they can't, if you're a good worker, they call you back when they can.
Pros
Benefits, competitive wages
Cons
Maximum hours, potentially put on a crammed bus to work.
I was assigned many tasks as a labourer , i learnt alot of different things .
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2018
I would work for Ledcor again , however not in Alberta , if they were in Timmins , I would definitely reapply .
It's a great company to work for if you are eager about learning .
Pros
Bonuses, great pay, benefits, insentives
Cons
Long hours, camp life, time away from family .
Poor Management Culture
Non-Unionized Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 December 2017
Decent pay and benefits. Great company if you're part of the click. Upper management in Edmonton seems to have no issue defending PMs that are disorganized, lies to clients and verbally abuses employees. Talking with people that have spent years with Ledcor, this company is slowly going down hill, and starts at the top.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Poorly managed, temp work
These are bot reviews
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC10 June 2018
This is a labour cost cutting company being paid very well for the job while paying field staff very poorly.

MY WAGE WAS REDUCED 40%

Working for TELUS is depressing this company will expect you to work for NO WAGE with no sympathy. YOU WILL NOT MAKE A GOOD LIVING AS A FIELD TECH

YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY LEDCOR A PRORATED AMOUNT UP TO 1500.00

Many field supervisors lack technical skill and human interaction abilities.

YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED!
Pros
not much
Cons
read above
Enjoyed working with Ledcor, safety, good balance, confident managment
Red Seal Mobile Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 March 2018
I found Ledcor to be a very reliable company to work with. It is a great company for advancement with safety and rewards for a good days work. Ledcor is one of the most reliable companies that i have worked for.
Pros
Jobs rewards
Cons
Working away from home and travelling in winter months
Great learning experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB4 January 2018
when i was working night shift i would be at the work site making sure everything was ok ( pumps) as we jumping a creek. safety is always a top priority which is nice because you feel safe with everything going on around you
Pros
good salary