Ledcor Pay & Benefits reviews

Good Perks but Tough to Advance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2018
They offer an excellent opportunity to work on some of the lower mainland's signature projects, with a lot of company infrastructure in place. The hours are flexible, allowing leave for appointments or illness. The benefits and perks are great and salary is decent. Tough place for advancement, it becomes very political. Need to know or work with someone of significant influence to get noticed, especially if you are located on site and away from the head office.
You will only get in if you know someone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
They offer good benefits and on site perks such as a gym, cafeteria and classes. I only ever saw staff hired that already knew someone working for the company.
benefits
great group, fair and easy to communicate with
Skilled Labourer/Tool Crib Attendant/Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray4 October 2018
worked with this company on and off for 6 years, lots of room for growth, fair wage great benefits.

Superintendents were easier to talk to than foremans
Great Place to Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia12 September 2018
Having worked out of town the company was great for flying us in and out along with having coach busses to drive us to and from work. Every day i learnt something new and everyone wanted to teach me different tasks. I made Lots of buddies up there including management. The hardest part of the job was being out of town for weeks at a time while trying to have a family life. Day to day was fun and we got to do different things everyday so it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Moneyand Benefits
Cons
long periods of time away from home
Great company and culture
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Ledcor hires good people and focuses on the growth of individuals. Management is understanding and transparent as well as supports employees in their career.
Pros
Benefits, people
A fantastic opportunity for someone looking advance
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta31 July 2018
If you are ready to undergo a complete lifestyle change, be 100% responsible for your own income and success, this is the opportunity for you. If you are looking to turn up to a 9-5 job and go home to sit on the coach this is not the job for you and you most likely won't be successful here. Ledcor benefits those who adapt to it's unique culture, those who are willing to give 100% commitment to reach a high level of both personal growth and a high income. Whether or not you choose to stick with it, Ledcor will open up an entirely new perspective on life and success for you. Although my own personal time at Ledcor was a rollercoaster of amazing high points and rock bottom low points I highly recommend going though this experience.
Pros
Company provided accommodation and transportation, opportunity for personal an financial growth
Cons
100% commission, highly stressful, very poor work life balance, structural, organisational and managerial nightmare, inconsistent across the board: income, rules, location, etc. Nothing is every stable or consistent.
Over all the worst company ever
LTS internet installer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2018
Everybody wants to cover their own pocket.. Management making stories and to wash workers brains. They are ready to fire everyone for so call customer right, actuality who does not let them to take money from them.
Pros
free coffe paid from workes money so managment people can drink
Cons
Ill mangment
These are bot reviews
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC10 June 2018
This is a labour cost cutting company being paid very well for the job while paying field staff very poorly.

MY WAGE WAS REDUCED 40%

Working for TELUS is depressing this company will expect you to work for NO WAGE with no sympathy. YOU WILL NOT MAKE A GOOD LIVING AS A FIELD TECH

YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY LEDCOR A PRORATED AMOUNT UP TO 1500.00

Many field supervisors lack technical skill and human interaction abilities.

YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED!
Pros
not much
Cons
read above
gym billiards, table tennis
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB31 March 2018
This company I work for long time the management is awesome our accommodation and the food is good.About our works is ok the HR is always roaming around for our safety.
not a bad place to work
1st Year Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB18 March 2018
was able to work there for a while,and liked that it was close to home. they did have some good incentives like free gas cards and other things. one negative thing i would say is they made an error when updating my blue book and shorted me alot of hours which i had to take it to someone else to correct
Nice to work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  British Columbia7 March 2018
Nice to work good co worker , lots of fun more jokes when in lunch room, worker help you on tym you needed bieng a worker good too this company..thank
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Regular hour
Routine at work Place
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab, Canada27 February 2018
work as System Administrator
- normally no time to come to the office and to go back because of my job nature.
lots of training about management.
very friendly and respectful atmosphere in office .
learn almost every day something new regarding my job.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
max 12 hours
I was assigned many tasks as a labourer , i learnt alot of different things .
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 February 2018
I would work for Ledcor again , however not in Alberta , if they were in Timmins , I would definitely reapply .
It's a great company to work for if you are eager about learning .
Pros
Bonuses, great pay, benefits, insentives
Cons
Long hours, camp life, time away from family .
Excellent Experience
Fiber Drop Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2018
The Job was fly in fly out, the company fully train us for 2 weeks paid hourly and you get paid LOs and hotel is paid by the company . I leant alot from my co workers and supervisors.
Great Company
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB31 January 2018
Was a welders helper and enjoyed my time on the line. Could count on a good crew no matter where you were sent out. Wages were fair at the time and spread boss kept everyone in line.
Great company!
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2018
Great company to work for! Competitive wages, well organized, and after one project ends, they do their best to find another spot for you, and if they can't, if you're a good worker, they call you back when they can.
Pros
Benefits, competitive wages
Cons
Maximum hours, potentially put on a crammed bus to work.
good company to work for
Apprentice Welder/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
Good compensation and benefits. Variety of workers and tasks. high standard of safety, easy to get along with management. would recommend employment here.
fun workplace with approachable people
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 January 2018
productive and fun workplace with nice camp and food,provide safety incentives,give travel allowances,approachable foreman and supervisors,excellence in safety.
Pros
travel allowance
Cons
sometimes short of tools
Great learning experience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB4 January 2018
when i was working night shift i would be at the work site making sure everything was ok ( pumps) as we jumping a creek. safety is always a top priority which is nice because you feel safe with everything going on around you
Pros
good salary
Cons
enjoyed working for this company
2nd Year Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2017
really good benefits, good pay, good working atmosphere. i would go back to this company if i could. they are clac affiliated which makes your benefits protected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.