Ledcor Pay & Benefits reviews

Fun environment
B Pressure Welder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2019
I love working at Ledcor. They provide so many benefits and helps employers to built experience. I always feel happy to work there. They also give good salary.
Lots of projects done by this Group. Skys the limit
Damage Prevention Technician/locator (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 February 2019
Employed here for 5 years locating for them. Great manager was avail when asked or needed. Office and the upper mgmt a little different story but still easy to address issues and work with. No real complaints over all. Wages and benefits are within range but could use a little increase to deal with cost of living going up
Pros
Do your job and you will be left alone with no issues.
Cons
some broken promises made by the TRUE BLUE internal management in Miss.
productive workplace
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2019
great job to work for,,management is amazing, the wages and benefits are competitive. learn every aspect of the job such as material handling to transport to install.
Telecom OMG
Bucket Truck operator / Drop Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC4 February 2019
Worst place I ever worked.
1) No respect for employees.
2) Low salaries compared with other subcontractors that perform the same job.
3) No possibility of career advancement.

Stay away from this company.
Cons
Low salary, no respect
Apply only if you need money but nothing else matters
I&R Field Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC31 January 2019
I stayed there only because of money, work schedule sucks, managers absolutely have no people and managing skills, upper management really doesn't care about employees, only about score cards and safety procedures being followed, you only meet co-workers at monthly meetings and maybe know few people there. Most of technicians there stuck at same position for 5+ years with no room to grow. You can loose this job for things like not filing some paperwork or just for arguing with management. Even though your score card looks good and you haven't had issues in the past.

Advice to upper management, please train your field managers to actually go on the field, spend time with technicians and train and help, instead of just sending emails with vague instructions. Managers definition is not just to issue warnings and threats, it by far biggest downside of LTS
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, over the top safety concerns and poor communication
awesome benefits
Scaffoler (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2019
The company Ledcor was a great company to work for you, if they see potential in an individual they will invest the time to up grade he or shes skill set by sending them to school or give specific training needed to further his or hers continued employment. Also, the benefits were great!
Great place to work and very competitive wages
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack22 January 2019
Maintenance department is well run and the employees are great to work with. Wages are some of the highest you'll find in the Fraser Vallet for ticketed trades. Great benefit package and friendly/efficient HR staff. Close to home if you live in Chilliwack. Lots of overtime available but not mandatory.
Pros
High wages, Close to home
Very fun place to work made alot of friends and money
Journeyman Pipefitter, RS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
We did a lot of hydro testing and I learned a lot more about pnid's and how to understand them better to help me complete my tasks. Management was very good to us, gave us gift cards and pizza all the time. Culture was good as well as morale.
Pros
made good money
Cons
Away from home
great job
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2018
great work life balance, good salary, very structured company with future for advancement, work by yourself kind of atmosphere, very safety orientated.
Corrupted Culture
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 November 2018
I worked for this company for over 5 years and tried to stick with them in hopes for advancement and growth. I was lead on a path towards nothing. I took time off to advance my knowledge to get a position i was told would be open and by the time i came back and told them i was certified and ready they hired someone a week later with lesser experience than myself based off of his relationship with the boss.

in addition to this there is a specific division where the superintendent is married to one of the workers and is promoting her past many of others that have worked hard to move up in the company. there is a tight knit group in the upper management in this division who talk poorly about the workers and promote production based off fear. Reminded often if you don't like the task they will replace you. They talk about how great the culture is but once you settle into the company you will notice that it is a very polluted culture and run by a tight knit group who do not care for the workers. they need to seriously re evaluate who is managing the company on the division i was in and learn how to treat workers.

I asked for 12 days off to spend time with my family and i was told that i probably won't have a job to come back to. This was the first time in 3 years i had asked for time off. The person telling me this had worked with me for the entire 5 years and accumulated no respect or appreciation for the hard work i had given over the years.

About wages and salary

I asked for a $3.00 raise and was turned down , this is after those 5 years my wage had decreased each
  more... project and at the end my wage went down by $5.00.  less
Pros
Very Few
Cons
no time off, not appreciated, poor leadership
camp job and Living allowance
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta Canada1 November 2018
Big and very organize company in the employee is in full benefits under CLAC Local 63 Agreement. with a very strict compliance in safety. always like to work with Ledcor management in every project in oil in gas industry.
Good place to be
Construction worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC30 October 2018
Very good company with a lots of perks and benefits....

Can say work can be challenging as a lots needs to be done. However, it is expected I can not complain. Life is an employee is good with Ledcor )
Pros
good salary, perks, benefits
Cons
hard to advance when oil is down
Unorganized, Catty, Huge Egos
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2018
One of the most unorganized companies I have ever worked for. They told me I was going to be going into Sales which did not happen right away, actually 3 weeks after you arrive in Vancouver head office. Notify you one day before if they are going to move you or fly you out. The company housing is a fantastic perk only when your roommates keep it up to standard. I've moved around to different places and each house I have arrived in has been dirty and messy. Not only that but there aren't alot of women in the company due to the culture being formulated around "bro's". The worst part is that the majority of women in the company are catty and intentionally seek out drama. Thank God I have never been caught in the crossfire but I have seen ridiculous moments between the girls that I thought would call for suspension. Not only that, the managers have such high egos and get paid on salary where they don't put in the effort to support you when you need it. In a sense sales reps are seen as disposable and its a continuous revolving door so not alot of effort is made to helping or supporting them. The only positive thing about the company is the personal development side in training. Other than that they set a facade of standards and ideologies superiors never follow, and if you don't fit in their cookie cutter shape there is something wrong with you.
Pros
Company housing and Vehicles
Cons
Long hours with minimal support
Huge Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  , AB16 October 2018
Loved working here. but you can get lost in the mix because of the size. good projects to work on but unfortunately they dont seem to get the big Projects in the oil & gas sector anymore.
Pros
Stable company, good pay and benifits
Cons
no work
Good Perks but Tough to Advance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2018
They offer an excellent opportunity to work on some of the lower mainland's signature projects, with a lot of company infrastructure in place. The hours are flexible, allowing leave for appointments or illness. The benefits and perks are great and salary is decent. Tough place for advancement, it becomes very political. Need to know or work with someone of significant influence to get noticed, especially if you are located on site and away from the head office.
You will only get in if you know someone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
They offer good benefits and on site perks such as a gym, cafeteria and classes. I only ever saw staff hired that already knew someone working for the company.
benefits
great group, fair and easy to communicate with
Skilled Labourer/Tool Crib Attendant/Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray4 October 2018
worked with this company on and off for 6 years, lots of room for growth, fair wage great benefits.

Superintendents were easier to talk to than foremans
Great Place to Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia12 September 2018
Having worked out of town the company was great for flying us in and out along with having coach busses to drive us to and from work. Every day i learnt something new and everyone wanted to teach me different tasks. I made Lots of buddies up there including management. The hardest part of the job was being out of town for weeks at a time while trying to have a family life. Day to day was fun and we got to do different things everyday so it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Moneyand Benefits
Cons
long periods of time away from home
Great company and culture
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2018
Ledcor hires good people and focuses on the growth of individuals. Management is understanding and transparent as well as supports employees in their career.
Pros
Benefits, people
Amazing sales culture, with a large, growing organization
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2018
Came on as a Sales representative, coming from Edmonton, and have learned an incredible amount about not just sales, but personal growth and development which has helped me develop skills i can use almost everyday

Extremely grateful for the opportunity to travel, learn, and earn money at the same time!

Hardest part of the job was the start. Coming from out of town and working on commission was scary at first, but it really wasn't as hard as i thought because the products i sold were good items that people needed, and i felt fulfilled at the end of the day providing good service like in my previous customer service jobs.A lot of my friends and family actually told me not to take this opportunity in case i didnt make money, but it's not the case. i found that as long as i kept at it everyday, the money was coming in. People really wanted the product we were selling - i just needed the technical know how and Ledcor provided me that which was a bit of a learning curve.

But from that the most enjoyable part was the experience and how much i've transformed since day one. I was timid in class, and a bit quiet, but i learned by putting myself out there that i had more to offer, and that i had gained more confidence in myself which helped me make sales.

Today - I've been to more cities in BC/AB than i can count, and have met more people than i would've back home, and made more money than i would've working a regular 9-5 job (more than even my siblings who went to Uni).
Pros
paid travel, accommodations, company cell phone, performance based compensation which was uncapped
Cons
shared accommodations but hey they were free, for Vancouver!