Ledcor Pay & Benefits reviews

LTS is pretty much the lowest paying Telecom contractor
Fiber optic installer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 December 2017
Safety is number one and more than just lip service.

Pay is bottom of the barrel for almost any Telecom contractor in the LML

Benefits are ok. You can't just go get a massage. You need a doctors note explaining why. Kind of a joke.

All tools and truck supplied.

You can make manager very quickly. But you just have to be a company YES man.

Low morale. Their business model basically includes hiring new people at a discounted wage and then milking them until they leave the company. If you quit within a year YOU have to pay the company back for the training. NEVER heard of this at any other company. They have this because so many people quit. 80% of my hire group had left the company by 6 months.

It's a good racket for them.
Pros
Ok benefits, weekly BBQ in the summer, all tools provided
Cons
Long hours low pay bad morale
Shark like management old boys club
project manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2017
Ledcor decimated thier safety team, keeping only VP friends and family. Family promoted to top positions while quality people let go.

This caused large decline in HSE support and belief systems.
Pros
salary decent
Cons
disposable employees
Field Tech
installation and repair technician (Former Employee) –  BC17 November 2017
Good place to work but you will learn on the fly, in the field, sink or swim. Training is painfully non existent unless it's an online module.
You are on your own which is nice but there is a lack of tools provided and you may be stuck at a site at 3am with no options and nobody picking up the phone to help you.
Contracts come and go so set aside a little cash for the slow times. Vehicle is provided.
Managers are over worked and are not always available when you need them. If you are an excellent troubleshooter, and can think like McGyver in the field then this job is for you. I enjoy a challenge and have no regrets working there. Another plus is that you are home dispatched and get a gas card, laptop, smart phone are provided.
Benefits are good, and they match RRSP contributions.
Pros
independance, new challenges arise often
Cons
tools and training need to be improved
Great company and benefits
Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 November 2017
Learned a lot from the supervisors and foreman.
Great camp to be in and the union had exceptional benefits.
Would go back to work and for this company .
Great place for developing/improving sale and communication skills and growing skin under amazing management
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
Work starts with daily meeting and trainings for a few hours. Afterwards, we drive to specific areas and go door-to-door. I have
enhanced my communication and interpersonal skills by daily presenting to several potential customers. Also:
- Strengthened my time management skills by prioritizing certain tasks to ensure the best outcome for all customers.
- Actively worked and maintained positive relationship with the team of 7-8 people
- Learned about the importance of relationship with the customer and leaving a good experience.
Pros
Skill development, commission
Cons
No hourly wage and benefits
Excellent sales teaching
Sales Rep/MxU Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everywhere4 November 2017
Literally the absolute best company I have ever worked for. Access to Grant Cardone's sales training Uni, manage your own time strictly commission based but commission pay was very reasonable and more then enough opportunity to make money
Enjoyable
Concrete Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 October 2017
Working for Ledcor was enjoyable. The crew was good to work with. Living arrangements were good but sometimes you had a shared bathroom depending with what room you were in.
There was overtime and the pay was good. The flights were arranged for us but the turnaround was short with only having 1 week home which included your 2 days travelling.
lots of work
1st Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 August 2017
good place to work hard working people very dependable can call in sick and they'll understand. nice place to work. very very nice place to work with good people to work with
Pros
lots of good people
Cons
no work
Good Company to work for except for paving
Labourer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2017
Ledcor is a good company to work for. decent benefits and decent union. Pipeline is good, Safety comes first but for paving Production comes first. work is mindless and days are boring
Pros
good pay
Cons
productive and smart group of people.
Road Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 August 2017
working for ledcor taught me everything i know in the road building industry. it had been my first job as a 17 year old and it taught me proper work ethic, what people expected of you and to set the bar high for yourself every day to get what you can done, and done right. majority of my heavy quipment operating took place here.
Pros
salary
good benefits,
Electrical Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC12 July 2017
I appreciate the CLAC benefits provided. Ledcor also provides more tools to work with than other employers.They tend to get larger jobs than my previous employer.
Fantastic safety program.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 July 2017
Overall a good place to work, friendly and knowledgeable. Major potential for growth if one applied him/herself. Good pay/Decent Benefits. Union was more for the company rather than the worker.
Millwright apprentice
Northern Alberta - Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 July 2017
I worked up north on a 14 and 7 schedule. Money was great, benefits were good. Security was questionable. Willing to train u. Able to do your apprenticeship.
Professional , good atmosphere
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 June 2017
Really enjoyed working there. Good atmosphere, got a lot of hours when it was busy just not getting enough right now so looking for something new and more steady.
Good experience
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2017
It was pretty good and well taken care of. Too bad I couldn't continue with the company with my apprenticeship and hopes of becoming a welder. Would like to be reached out to a little more often.
Pros
good wages and benifits
Cons
laid off and havent worked with them since.
productive and enjoy working
Insulator/labourer (Former Employee) –  alberta27 May 2017
a very good company and happy working with them...they treat workers very good and we have all good benifits..enjoy working with good guys all over canada..
Pros
free food and lodging
laborer
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2017
Management are horrible don't take in consideration on the good employees not hard to see. Going overboard you notice that there's an oil leak on your truck and you reported it to your supervisor he wants to give you a yellow card as a warning. I've seen where they want you to put out $1,500 or more for certain certificates out of your own pocket but I've seen smaller companies that help accommodate you. If you work there you're better off to stay as the person in the corner and just do your job. The other reports that you see about how good the company is. Almost like there's is total different company never got those little perks or benefits that you hear about in this company
Fun work and safety conscience
Fiber Optic Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
Fun work climbing up poles in B.C and seeing the view. Can be dangerous at times with the rain making your job somewhat hard working as a drop technician
Pros
paid flights and hotel and per diem
Cons
Pay is below average and no overtime
good pay, decent hours
I&R Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
The pay is good, dont get me wrong but the work is not stable. thats not the company's fault but being a contractor you are at the mercy of the people who give you work.
Pros
good pay for short hours
Cons
lots of out of town deployments, work is unstable, hours are sporatic
Loved the time period I was with them.
Labouer/Operater (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
No matter if it was 40 below we were suppose to show up to site in the morning and if too cold to work they had sent us home with 4hrs and subsistence pay (160 a day) Benefits were amazing and 100% match for rssp. Pention was $4 every hour worked. Management was on you asap if needed proper documention. The job was amazing but certain crews would be cliched
Pros
Paid on time and every week
Cons
-45 degrees and you are working outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.