Ledcor
Coronavirus update
Information from Ledcor:

Ledcor Employee Reviews

Canada855 reviews
People there for most part become robots. They do same thing everyday. The marine division have some cowboys that make the job very dangerous. As well they have promoted people to soon for there positions. Ledcor promotes safety but let’s inexperienced people take command of vessels and crew.
20 July 2020
Thank you for leaving a review, based on your feedback we'll look into this further. We strive for a safe workplace for all, and want everyone at Ledcor to feel like they are safe.
Long hours, lots of stress, lead hand always belittling you, foreman is clueless and supervisor is very ignorant, if the lead hand don’t like you, you are screwed for training, they want 18 hours of work in a 10 hour day, I would not recommend working for the highways department
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else
5 August 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with us while working in Clairmont. Your feedback is important and we are listening. Based on your feedback we will look into this further.
Great team work across all divisions. Managment was fair with time needed to complete tasks and were very safety driven. Shift work with 12hrs days but on a 20 on 10 off shift eventually takes a toll on person working in the field.
Pros
camp
Cons
20/10 shift
29 June 2020
Happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Great spot for someone to develop sales knowledge. great hands on experience dealing with lots of customers. cold calling. cold knocking. good energy within the sales department
Pros
Opportunity to Travel
Cons
Commission can be stressful
24 June 2020
We are glad you had a great experience while working with our Sales team. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I really enjoyed working at LEDCOR; the people are phenomenal and there is opportunity for advancement and learning.

The work culture is cohesive and the pragma of "One LEDCOR" is always stressed.

Leadership has always been approachable; my experience with the senior leadership level has been almost always positive and constructive.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
There is risk of losing valuable staff; not all initiatives are having a positive outcome.
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us.
Dealing with a lack of clear direction.
Direction prone to change without sufficient notice.

Promises broken without providing feedback or reasons.

Pay lip service to social issues like diversity.

Lack of protection for people highlighting issues.

Confidentiality is a foreign concept. Old boys network in control. No appetite for new ideas and thinking.

Overall the colleagues were great to work with. But the bet people don't stay long as their ideas are not valued.
Pros
Good people overall at the mid-management and individual contributors
Cons
Senior leadership are set in their old ways.
15 June 2020
Your feedback matters to us, we read all of the reviews and they help us improve. We understand your perspective and appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We are committed to creating a safe space where people feel respected because of their diversity.
good way to earn a living when the economy is good. hard to be away from the family though. Most of the trades got along really well. made some life long friends
15 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and letting us know about your personal experience in Fort St. John.
I got hired in with about a dozen other people at the same time, as Ledcor was apparently "growing", and needed more sales staff. Within the first month, all but two of us had either quit or been fired, and I didn't even meet my manager until about a month and a half in to the shift. After they were back, processes and routes all changed, and the only other hire from my group was let go or left. After about two months, I was let go as well. They massively overhired, and the only opportunities to expand were given to the senior staff. The sale's staff were the single most disposable working staff I've ever seen at any job I've ever worked.
Pros
If you get lucky, there's good money
Cons
They don't really know what they're doing
11 June 2020
Your feedback is important and we are listening. To hear that you had a negative experience while working with us is disappointing and not what we strive for as a company. Based on your feedback we will look into this further.
I work for them for many years very family oriented and lots of room to grow inside the company great pay and benefits would recommend anyone to apply for Ledcor
11 June 2020
We are happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing!
We had very good Management and staff family first adittude , very approacha ble e very thing open for discussion, fair wages, good safety practices and supplies on hand. All and all good work experience.
10 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy you had a good experience working with us in Chetwynd.
I often asked for more work and was allowed to cross train for other depts. It was an interesting place to work. I loved how community orientated they are and how they like to donate to charities.
Pros
Good co-workers. Good company, great management
9 June 2020
We are happy to hear about your positive experience while working with us. Thank you for your review!
Good company to work with, good culture, respectful employee, employees follow company rules of laws, safety rules, They give opportunity to everyone to learn
19 May 2020
We are happy you had a great experience in Kitimat working with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are very proud of our Learning and Development programs.
This is a great entry job. You learn a lot in the field and collaboration between clients, colleagues, leadership, and colleagues in different department. There's none-stop challenges pre-sale and post-sale (escalations) that will help you grow, but this is not a long term career.

Most colleagues are great people to work with, you see different strength in each person to learn from.

Commission is good, but because there's no benefits and insurance, lots of follow-up work to look after clients that's very time consuming and uncontrollable on your end. There's also administrative work you'll need to hand in daily. Those factors can end up comparable to having a 9-5 steady worry free salary job.

If you're lucky you have a very on top of things leader, and who can assist and support you actively on escalation and jump on things for you, it really makes your work easier and more focused. However, your manager also makes commission on the side on top of their salary and team sales' commission, sometimes it might take away their energy to focus on the team and team-members to make commission for their own sales, which I think can be a conflict of interest rather than being there to fully commit into support each team members.

Overall, it is a fully commission based job, so you'll have up and downs in income. Some paycheck you making A LOT and some you make almost NOTHING.

There's no insurance that protects you in this job, hence you'll have to keep seeking options while you push yourself to bring bread and milk home.

FYI, company pays you the initial period of
 - more...
19 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate your insight.
Felt like a full member of the team despite still being a student (co-op); gained significant experience in construction management; fast-paced work environment.
19 May 2020
Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a good experience as a coop with us!
Commission only door to door sales. The grind can get repetitive, but you grow a lot if you put in the effort.

Management is supportive, though the other employees can be toxic depending on who you are around.

Had an amazing time there, but you will outgrow it eventually.
19 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you had an amazing time working with us in Vancouver. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Great place to work, good company ,
alway busy, great south end location , the pay can be better for the work load. not much for moving up in the company, takes along time
1 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We strive to make sure every one feels like a valuable member of our team.
It was rather toxic from management and you are watched for safety infractions which led to unneeded stress. Lots of competition for training I felt and lack of opportunity for training. If you ever have a major incident and quit or get laid off they will not forgive you and you will be blacklisted from ever working there again should you attempt to be rehired Also alot of favoritism.
1 May 2020
It's unfortunate to hear about your experience working in Rycroft. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We try to provide as many training opportunities as possible to our team. Based on your feedback we will look into this.
safety is their number one priority, supervision wanted the job done but didn’t take any short cuts to finish it off. Overall my favourite company to work for
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Safety is our #1 value! Good luck in your future work.
The possibilities this company has are endless. They unfortunately fall prey to some of the subcultures that live in the mining/ construction industry. They tend to promote and hire based on nepotism and extreme amounts of favouritism. Too many times less than qualified people are running projects and jeopardize the safety and success of the company. Rather unfortunate.
Pros
There are some
Cons
Without being in the click you don’t exist
23 April 2020
We are sorry to hear about the experience you had working with us in Alberta. Based on your feedback we will look into this further. Thank you.
Was a wonderful company and a great place to work. Everyone is very nice, salary and benefits were good, lots of room for growth. Recommend working here.
23 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy you enjoyed working at our Edmonton office and supporting our True Blue team.
They treated me good, never argued how they wanted stuff done. Health and safety was really good. They let me work lots of hours. Management was really nice to me even before they hired me and I was working through diversified staffing
1 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We appreciate your feedback.