Ledcor Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2019
great job to work for,,management is amazing, the wages and benefits are competitive. learn every aspect of the job such as material handling to transport to install.
good experience
Fiber Drop Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2019
Start the day off with a toolbox safety meeting to go over the tasks that we will be complete! Go to your assigned job and perform the task! Take lunch break around 12:30. Work till 5:30 drive to the yard and go home.
Lecor review
SIAI Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Ecana Sunrise, BC5 February 2019
I worked with Lecor for a number of years. I feel they are a good company to work for and have to abide by the absolutes with safety and quality of work. They always had a good working environment and met some really good people with Ledcor.
Telecom OMG
Bucket Truck operator / Drop Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC4 February 2019
Worst place I ever worked.
1) No respect for employees.
2) Low salaries compared with other subcontractors that perform the same job.
3) No possibility of career advancement.

Stay away from this company.
Cons
Low salary, no respect
Apply only if you need money but nothing else matters
I&R Field Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC31 January 2019
I stayed there only because of money, work schedule sucks, managers absolutely have no people and managing skills, upper management really doesn't care about employees, only about score cards and safety procedures being followed, you only meet co-workers at monthly meetings and maybe know few people there. Most of technicians there stuck at same position for 5+ years with no room to grow. You can loose this job for things like not filing some paperwork or just for arguing with management. Even though your score card looks good and you haven't had issues in the past.

Advice to upper management, please train your field managers to actually go on the field, spend time with technicians and train and help, instead of just sending emails with vague instructions. Managers definition is not just to issue warnings and threats, it by far biggest downside of LTS
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, over the top safety concerns and poor communication
good employer
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC30 January 2019
nice and friendly enviorment ,good management controlls ,well oraganized ,good safety team ,and productive envoirment without rushing and focused on safe practices
awesome benefits
Scaffoler (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2019
The company Ledcor was a great company to work for you, if they see potential in an individual they will invest the time to up grade he or shes skill set by sending them to school or give specific training needed to further his or hers continued employment. Also, the benefits were great!
Great place to work and very competitive wages
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack22 January 2019
Maintenance department is well run and the employees are great to work with. Wages are some of the highest you'll find in the Fraser Vallet for ticketed trades. Great benefit package and friendly/efficient HR staff. Close to home if you live in Chilliwack. Lots of overtime available but not mandatory.
Pros
High wages, Close to home
Out to lunch
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB16 January 2019
Jobs are not organized or planned out well. Terrible work environment and middle management has temper issues and communication issues with upper management/employees. Very little hours and on call 24/7 and low pay of 25$ an hour
Pros
Plowing snow is fun
Cons
Equipment is in poor condition
fun ,fast work team work
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 January 2019
safety 1000%
the supervisor care about you
your work
and well been
worker first
safety workshops
safety orientation
any tool that you need they will get
great company
Ironworker Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2019
great company, been loyal to them but unfortunately there isn't much work for structural right now.

.................................................
Best place I’ve ever worked( highest wages you can find)
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 January 2019
I love this place management is great. New Maintenance Manger is incredible. All the maintenance staff is very knowledgeable. Lots of opportunity to work overtime but no pressure. Lots of freedom to do projects and work variety. This place has the highest wages around for ticketed trade staff and an amazing benefit package. Great opportunity to make camp money in town and sleep in your own bed every night.
Very fun place to work made alot of friends and money
Journeyman Pipefitter, RS (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2019
We did a lot of hydro testing and I learned a lot more about pnid's and how to understand them better to help me complete my tasks. Management was very good to us, gave us gift cards and pizza all the time. Culture was good as well as morale.
Pros
made good money
Cons
Away from home
Very supportive team, great work environment, and opportunity for advancement.
Labour/Carpenter/Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
During my time at Ledcor, every project I worked on had positive chemistry with very few personal conflicts, even with the trades. Opportunity for overtime was quite often there, but it was never demanded of hourly employees. I gained valuable experience working on very large and high profile projects.

The management was very understanding and supportive when I started to have family issues that made me need to step back from long hours.

I would gladly come back and work with Ledcor again if given the opportunity. It was a great workplace in my opinion.
Pros
Great management and very positive coworkers.
Cons
Depending on the site, opportunity for advancement was a struggle, but not impossible if you make your intentions known.
Door to Door knocking and desk job with daily scenic views of Vancouver city
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 December 2018
Personal selling was the name of the game. It was about providing the best service on the modernized fiber network to the residents of Vancouver and Edmonton.
Pros
Team bonding trips
Team environment
Sr. Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2018
The team you are brought into is amazing, lots of energy and very welcoming. The management is poor otherwise, some leaders don't know how to show empathy for some new workers and add unnecessary stress and pressure. This later turns into heavy turn over. I do respect the company as it has high standards for itself. Overall great environment and lots of learning.
Pros
Free accommodations
Cons
Management and politics
They will cheat you out of your overtime
Telecom Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2018
I worked for Ledcor Technical Solutions from 2017 - 2018 as a Telecommunications Technician. The work was very easy, mostly installing routers and wireless access points into retail locations. A lot of independence too, as my manager was a couple of thousand kilometres way.

Early in the year, a new contract was signed which brought a lot of new work in. New staff was not hired until well after the workload ramped up. I put in 60-hour weeks for months. At the time, I was told that overtime would be paid out at the end of the fiscal year. At the end of the year, I was told that I forfeited my overtime because I resigned from the company.

The matter is now with the Canada Labour Board. I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Easy work, independence
Cons
They will cheat you out of your overtime
great job
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2018
great work life balance, good salary, very structured company with future for advancement, work by yourself kind of atmosphere, very safety orientated.
Great company
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB, Dawson Creek, BC, Fort Mcmurray, AB1 December 2018
I started and finished my apprenticeship with this company. Promoted to leadhand and foreman in the same year. This company has always been good to me when I worked with them.
Pros
overtime, family oriented, understanding with life issues
Cons
management is out of touch with the workers
Professional work atmosphere
"B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Alberta Canada30 November 2018
It was nice to be around everyone that knew what they were doing.They were organized and kept a tight ship. The foremans do a great job one running a safe and efficient crew.