Ledcor Employee Reviews

The LTS Department A Joke
Engineering Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2018
The creation of the LTS Dept, All the Cons ran quickly to appoint themselves into great positions with no background or understanding in the titles they obtained, Management is for laughs from top to down. Sad they are trying to sell a culture to the employees, as they squander everything, and ask employees to tighten their belts.

A negative place to work for.
Pros
they are good conmen
Cons
all of them
Great company
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB, Dawson Creek, BC, Fort Mcmurray, AB1 December 2018
I started and finished my apprenticeship with this company. Promoted to leadhand and foreman in the same year. This company has always been good to me when I worked with them.
Pros
overtime, family oriented, understanding with life issues
Cons
management is out of touch with the workers
Professional work atmosphere
"B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Alberta Canada30 November 2018
It was nice to be around everyone that knew what they were doing.They were organized and kept a tight ship. The foremans do a great job one running a safe and efficient crew.
Low quality of work within some crews
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB26 November 2018
Some crews were producing a low quality of finished product which I felt was below the industry standards that I am accustomed to.
Some supervisors were in over their heads.
Pros
Large job, long project
Cons
Low quality of work in some areas
Best company
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC24 November 2018
Best company I've ever worked for hands down,best management with good structure and right attitude,safety culture is the best,tool crib has everything you need I'd work for ledcor anyday
Strong Construction team
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 November 2018
They value loyalty. Lots of people who work there are long term employees that have been with Ledcor for 5 plus years. They will do their best to keep current employees working by offering job transfers and etc.
Pros
Honesty, Integrity, Strong culture
Cons
Work is not consistent
Excellent
Customer Solution Delivery (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK, more chances to move around in the company, best of industry training. options to explore more territories, free travel and incentives.
Would do it again
Rig Welder, Q/C (Former Employee) –  Albian Sands8 November 2018
As I said in the previous ratings of Ledcor . They treated me well and we worked through some changes in the jobs that we were on to a acceptable outcome that the client was happy.
Corrupted Culture
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 November 2018
I worked for this company for over 5 years and tried to stick with them in hopes for advancement and growth. I was lead on a path towards nothing. I took time off to advance my knowledge to get a position i was told would be open and by the time i came back and told them i was certified and ready they hired someone a week later with lesser experience than myself based off of his relationship with the boss.

in addition to this there is a specific division where the superintendent is married to one of the workers and is promoting her past many of others that have worked hard to move up in the company. there is a tight knit group in the upper management in this division who talk poorly about the workers and promote production based off fear. Reminded often if you don't like the task they will replace you. They talk about how great the culture is but once you settle into the company you will notice that it is a very polluted culture and run by a tight knit group who do not care for the workers. they need to seriously re evaluate who is managing the company on the division i was in and learn how to treat workers.

I asked for 12 days off to spend time with my family and i was told that i probably won't have a job to come back to. This was the first time in 3 years i had asked for time off. The person telling me this had worked with me for the entire 5 years and accumulated no respect or appreciation for the hard work i had given over the years.

About wages and salary

I asked for a $3.00 raise and was turned down , this is after those 5 years my wage had decreased each
  more... project and at the end my wage went down by $5.00.  less
Pros
Very Few
Cons
no time off, not appreciated, poor leadership
excellent place to work
EQUIPMENT/LABOUR/EARTHWORKS/MSE WALL FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB1 November 2018
great safety culture it was a great place to work I can't wait to go back was there for over 13 years.They treat everyone there very. well and all the same
Pros
safety culture and mentoring
Cons
Don't even think about working for Ledcor
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 November 2018
Worst place even to work, management doesn't have experience, won't listen to anyone, operators and labourers are good to work with management is the worst, Stay away from this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Not working for them anymore
Cons
Going to work for them in the first place
Unorganized, Catty, Huge Egos
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2018
One of the most unorganized companies I have ever worked for. They told me I was going to be going into Sales which did not happen right away, actually 3 weeks after you arrive in Vancouver head office. Notify you one day before if they are going to move you or fly you out. The company housing is a fantastic perk only when your roommates keep it up to standard. I've moved around to different places and each house I have arrived in has been dirty and messy. Not only that but there aren't alot of women in the company due to the culture being formulated around "bro's". The worst part is that the majority of women in the company are catty and intentionally seek out drama. Thank God I have never been caught in the crossfire but I have seen ridiculous moments between the girls that I thought would call for suspension. Not only that, the managers have such high egos and get paid on salary where they don't put in the effort to support you when you need it. In a sense sales reps are seen as disposable and its a continuous revolving door so not alot of effort is made to helping or supporting them. The only positive thing about the company is the personal development side in training. Other than that they set a facade of standards and ideologies superiors never follow, and if you don't fit in their cookie cutter shape there is something wrong with you.
Pros
Company housing and Vehicles
Cons
Long hours with minimal support
environnement de travail sécuritaire
Journeyman Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 October 2018
Belle atmosphere de travail.Travail sécuritaire. Bien rémunérer.
Pros
asurance collectif
Good place to gain experience.
Construction Safety Officer - OFA 3 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2018
Only worked here part-time on a temporary basis. I don't know if Ledcor hires Temp workers but I didn't see any other female safety professionals. There are women working with this company but in the office doing clerical work.
My duties were in line with what a CSO will do only a daily basis. I would love to work with Ledcor on a full time basis because their employees seem very happy, satisfied with their work and there is room for advancement. They have a respectful safety culture.
Leadership needs walk the talk
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Suncor17 October 2018
Leadership needs do what they said their were going to do. There is lots of talk of leadership being involved, but this only occurs when someone is looking, more for show than actual results.
Pros
Get paid on time
Cons
Mixed messages on safety, leadership not involved in safety
Huge Company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  , AB16 October 2018
Loved working here. but you can get lost in the mix because of the size. good projects to work on but unfortunately they dont seem to get the big Projects in the oil & gas sector anymore.
Pros
Stable company, good pay and benifits
Cons
no work
laid off fast
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2018
not happy as they laid me off fast and kept younger workers has affected my ability to get other jobs. thought they were a good company but could not even find out why i was laid off
Good Perks but Tough to Advance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2018
They offer an excellent opportunity to work on some of the lower mainland's signature projects, with a lot of company infrastructure in place. The hours are flexible, allowing leave for appointments or illness. The benefits and perks are great and salary is decent. Tough place for advancement, it becomes very political. Need to know or work with someone of significant influence to get noticed, especially if you are located on site and away from the head office.
You will only get in if you know someone
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
They offer good benefits and on site perks such as a gym, cafeteria and classes. I only ever saw staff hired that already knew someone working for the company.
benefits
great group, fair and easy to communicate with
Skilled Labourer/Tool Crib Attendant/Parts Runner (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray4 October 2018
worked with this company on and off for 6 years, lots of room for growth, fair wage great benefits.

Superintendents were easier to talk to than foremans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.