Ledcor

Canada923 reviews

Found 923 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,074 reviews
safetyclaccampltsalbertaforemantelusconstruction

You're a number.

Construction doesn't have "an equipment class" so you won't be paid your worth, you'll get unticketed carpenter wage and no opportunity for a raise. Went to pipeline to make some actual money and the Head honcho LM is an absolute joke of a human being/tyrant. They wonder why they have such turn over rates? Teach your employees instead of firing them for the world's smallest safety infractions. I knew guys getting fired for not having side shields on glasses, not having side impact hard hats, moving machinery 10 feet and forgetting to put the seat belt on, not wearing gloves while digging with a shovel. All fired because Lyndsay just doesn't care. Then they wonder why there's such a turn around rate. Absolutely loved working for ledcor until I went to work for that joke.

Pros

Good pay, free lunches

Cons

Poor schedual, poor superintendent, poor management attitude

Team Environment Safety Focused and Exciting Place to Be

Very safety driven organization, leadership really cares about the employees. Great team environment, safety is driven from the very top down to everyone regardless of position.

Pros

Very flexible with work life balance when required.

Insights into Ledcor

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good pay

Good pay. But need additional avenues for advancement. Need to encourage employees to learn and develop to contribute more to the business. Overall, a good company to work for.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Development

Good company

Great security, no layoffs. Very demanding schedules. Unfortunately i got injured and problems with health and safety arrised. As long as you are producing and thinking outside of the box, they are great. Good share opportunitys.

Awesome company to work

They are not paying top money but they will tray to keep you busy as long they can.Still they are paying very good money. Respectful working environment.Overall awesome company to work.

Great group of people to work with.

I found the culture quite positive. Similar to teammates on a project, I also found the supervisors were approachable. With the newer equipment on site, it was a pleasure to work there.

Pipeline

Seasonal work, alway on the go. Good crews. Away from home 6 to 8 months of the year. Good pay and fun environment to work if you like the outdoors in all weather conditions

Pros

Pay

Cons

Never home

23 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you learned a lot while working with us. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Excellent benefits in the industry

Good work life balance, best benefits I have ever had in this industry, flexible working hoursThe entire team is fairly new, so the management team is a bit disorganized.

Pros

6% RRSP match, xmas week off.

Cons

Disorganized management

17 August 2022
Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at Ledcor. We strive to create an open culture at Ledcor and value feedback so that we can become an even better company.

Mediocre

Co workers were great. The company does not implement diversity and inclusion. Very low pay for the work management demands. Management had no direction.

9 August 2022
- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your personal experience. We want everyone to feel valued and be valued. We continue to look for ways to improve our company and build it to last for many years to come. Based on your feedback we'll look further into this, thank you.

Good pay and benefits.

Good company to work for. Good pay and benefits. Supportive management. My only complaint is employees not wanting to do their jobs and then complaining they are being picked on or harassed.

Fun and fast paced

Great company, easy to get long, management is great and would recommend also you have to compete to have nice professional growth in the company but it’s worth it

Not a bad place but not much ownership is taken.

Was at a site in Fort MacKay Previously, management was hit or miss depending who you were talking to. A little rough around the edges but overall not a terrible place to work. A few bad apples here and there. What shocked me was the lack of accountability within that project/site. If there was a near miss or incident of some kind, there was immediately someone saying “well it wasn’t my fault.” Then no punishment for the careless action or corner being cut. Just another new rule enforced by safety that no one actually followed. The irresponsible crews combined with the lack of discipline resulted in quite a few near misses just in the short time I was at that site. I’m switching to a new site which I’ve heard good things about.

Pros

Decent pay, travel allowance and camp

Cons

Careless coworkers, no punishment for cutting corners

8 June 2022
- Change is an important and necessary in order to support our company’s future business growth and development. Our HR Leadership team wants to hear from you – the good, bad, or otherwise. We encourage you to reach out directly so that we can address your concerns.

Decent place to work, fairly flexible, good benefits

Decent place to work, fairly flexible, good benefits. Great people, no drama, Low pay. Good work life balance, work from home. Not sure what else to say.

8 June 2022
We are pleased to hear you have had a positive experience with us! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Your feedback helps inform Ledcor’s future practices for a positive workplace experience.

Stressful, unorganized & amateur

No idea what they are doing, use health and safety to look good to public, all about who is who’s friend in the office. Disgraceful management. MOL should be involved. Does not follow provincial legislation. Does not care about mental health of employees. Give employees the choice of, get it done without caring about health’s & safety. Management screams at employees while calling them names and no disciplinary action comes of it. Wants people with families to work 50-60 hours a week minimum. Bully’s employees in morning health and safety meeting. Expects employees to be perfect and when said impossible expectation isn’t reached management reams out hard working employees. Personally I was struggling with my mental health because of extreme amazing of hours I was working and I had no where to turn to. People in this office are miserable. This place needs change for the hard working people working under Tierney. Countless Health and safety incidents. Management fear mongers employees and uses their job as collateral. Managers care about nothing but bonuses and uses employees back. DO NOT WORK HERE.

8 June 2022

Ledcor TMEP team is careless. Its giving Canadian Oil and Gas a bad look, something this industry does not need right now.

Overall not a good experience. Despite the good money I am choosing to leave on my own accord, as have many before me. I do not see them landing any other pipelining contracts after this one. They are way over budget and it all comes down to how they are managing the project. From an insider perspective they need to keep a much tighter lid on their field supers and foremen, and hold them accountable. There is no support for the little guys, all though they are the ones that make the project move forward. With a little restructuring this project could be much more beneficial, as it should be. There is far too much NPT (non productive time). Their turnaround rate is absurd because of the lack of experience of employees. Total lack of communication from above as well. They do have a good safety culture I will say that much.

8 June 2022

Slow, redoing work all the time.

Too many buddies in supervision. Some supervisors have no experience and can’t plan anything. Many incidents on sites. Lots of tradesman who don’t know or don’t want to do anything. Not enough tools, waiting on materials.

Pros

Wage

Cons

Terrible supervision

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Fair pay and benefits. Long hours. Supportive management. They truly care about their employees. Good safety culture. They care about the community

8 June 2022
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review, thank you.

Negative & unorganized

Poor leadership, poorly organized Very poor pay roll team. Ledcor needs a overhaul in all departments.I do not recommend working for this company...

24 May 2022
- Thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate your honest feedback. Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while working with us. We want everyone at Ledcor to feel like they belong and are a valuable asset to the team.

Fun place to work good pay.

Ledcor was a great company. They gave good wages and lots of overtime. Lots of opportunities to move up if you baglick enough you prob be super intendant in less the 1 year.

Pros

Pay and co-workers.

Cons

Long hours. Favoritism

24 May 2022
We are happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing!

Plenty of opportunity to grow and advance

Not your typical camp work job. The people are good and the superintendents have come up from within the company. Not your typical green but educated riff raff for management. Supportive and seem to care for everyone’s wellbeing and safety. Show up, work hard, and you will be accepted.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Can be hard if you end up away from family

5 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Happy to hear that you enjoy working with us.

Get experience and leave

Worked here 4 years, left at $20.15/hr; got a $0.15 raise after asking every year.The raises are based on performance reviews where you will "meet expectations" no matter how productive you are, which means no raise.This year they are reducing your hourly wage to $18 or piece rate. Which you will have to do 7 jobs in your 8 hour day to make what everyone used to make before the $2.00 pay-cut.Your overtime is banked throughout the year and majority of the people haven't received their overtime in the last 4 years; if they have recieved any, it was 1/4 of what you would have expected.Management fails to realize that productivity is down because every locator doesn't care, because the company doesn't care.Other than that, it's an easy job & the hours are flexible and management doesn't care what you do; as long as you hit the 5 jobs per day.

Pros

Flexible hours, easy job, left alone.

Cons

Overtime is not paid out. No growth.

5 April 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ledcor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement