Leavitt Machinery

Leavitt Machinery Employee Reviews

I found Leavitt to be a great place to learn and expand my skillset. Shop environment was great. Everyone got along great and was willing to lend a hand when needed. Shop staff were all union but it definitely did not have the union feel for the most part. Benefits didn't kick in until 6 months and pension plan wasn't as great as some of the larger companies.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for leavitt machinery. Company always has up to date training. Very good life/work balance. Good benefits. People are very nice to work with and for. Good union.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Hard to advance not much management turnover
Leavitt was an amazing place to work from start to finish. Top notch training for Service Advisors, it took about a month before I even sat down at my own desk and actually start working, and by than I knew the inner working of every other department, which has helped me understand my role and where I fit in the company that much better. The Leavitt University program is on point! Learned so much and it pushed me out of my comfort zone. Overall I would have to say that Leavitt was one of the best places I’ve ever worked.
Pros
Amazing people, supportive managers, tons of learning opportunities and room for advancement, most of all it’s never a dull day at the office.
Cons
Occasional stress when things get busy, but with the right support it’s manageable.
Great place to work and can move around in the company if you’re a team player and if there long enough they will send you to there factory training and have over 30 brands all ways something to learn
Pros
Union and never board if want to learn
Cons
Union and slow times
they have lots of long term employee's which says something about the company. Upon hiring after 1 week I was flown to BC for training for a week. I like working there and due to covid-19 been laid off so can't wait to go back!!
Overall its a good company to work for. Work environment is good, relaxed, not many tight deadlines on IT projects, you may not have shiny offices, people are friendly. There are lot of learning experience, not always with the mainstream tech stacks though, need to work with legacy systems sometimes which is challenging without proper documentations (I've learned Classic Asp :P). On different projects you can work from start to finish so lot of learning opportunity there as well. Salary and benefits are competitive. Only complaint I have, in my opinion, management doesn't have moral integrity, they laid you off with the slightest hint of distress in the economy without even trying to keep the employees. I got laid off even before my friends who work in the hotel and travel industries saying the business is down. Also, when government subsidize you 75% for the qualifying companies they wouldn't take back the employees or even update the employees why they don't qualify for the subsidy. Seems like they are not down much in their business, but just decided not to pay the employees to save more money. Just a disappointment!
At Leavitt Machinery the technicians are treated Like they are the scum of the company Management is Constantly trying to screw people over The HR department is forever fighting with the union because Leavitt likes to try and break the union agreement and push the boundaries
not a bad place to work, my branch was slow and not much work going on, relaxed, union. rarely ever hear from management unless theres a problem. room for advancement
Stay away from this organization unless you enjoy gargling all the bs that management will try to get you to buy into. They try to position themselves as a premium brand when the reality is they are selling the same brands as everyone else, only at a higher cost with less to offer than their competition, everyone in the industry knows this. They are a last resort dealer at best All business units work against each other, making it impossible to structure deals. Use them as a stepping stone to better opportunities and trust know one.
Busy day with lots of responsibilities. Learned a lot about Coordination and team work. Could of used a bit more support with situations from management. Hardest part of my job in the area was getting time off and being a bit over worked. Good company.
Pros
Good policies and procedures
Cons
some long days and needed a bit more support from upper management.
Employment started off ok. It's a good place to start, but then the negative culture takes a toll on you. I started too notice red flags that I should not have ignored. The managers there are not consistent with their practices, people take credit for your work, everyone blows a small situation into something big, too much drama, too much politics, unfair treatment, inconsistent and unfair compensation, managers do not keep their word. In some departments talking to your colleagues is frowned up, there are instructions on how to post on your own social media. The company is too controlling of their employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
- horrible management - low compensation -unfair treatment -nepotism
Extremely low compensation. Good benefits. High turnover. Each department has their own culture, overall there was no culture. Management does not know what they are doing, management can be very rude. There was a lack of direction. Lots of politics within departments. Negative competition. I had an okay experience there, but would never go back.
Upper management has no clue. Worked with a good crew - only problem was that you have to upsell to be successful. Service management are cowards - lay -off when strictly told this company doesnt do it. No union support what's so ever. Good work experience. But left a bad taste # leavittforlifeBS!!
Great company to work with! Great people. Training was a month long. Also trained on things right from the start. Company culture is good. Pay is good as well as benefits and vacation!
Great team, excellent software, great training. I would have stayed, but I had to relocate.They have a department for everything. You never have a question unanswered. You are empowered to work alone and make your own decisions, no micro managing I loved that.
The company is trying to be on the leading edge of technology in the material handling industry. They value time with the company more than anything else. The longer you have been with the company the higher up you move and the harder it is to be removed from it. Saw too many talented employees leave due to poor middle management.
Pros
Good Benefits, New technology
Cons
Hard to move up, poor middle management.
Started off as a good feel, my manager was always stressed and always complained about the upper management but never understood why. Took another role and realized why. Chauvinistic management, poor people skills, untrained in how to manage. They don't value anyone except maybe sales, just show up and shut up and do your job. No work perks or care for the employee.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
No work perks, untrained management, very little support or room for growth
I have worked at Leavitt Machinery for several years in the Operator Training department, and have found great satisfaction with this position, department, and the company as a whole. This department has grown exponentially in the years that I have been here, and continues to do so. This is no doubt due to the strong team of account managers and operations administrators, backed by our extremely supportive management team. In my time here, I have been able to grow within my role as well as take on new responsibilities as the department continues to expand. Things can be very fast-paced, but the company and our management advocate strongly for a healthy work/life balance while continuing to reward the efforts being made by every team member.
Working in the Leavitt Machinery Operator Training department has been an amazing experience, and in my short time in the department, it has been a fantastic opportunity for me. Starting out in a new job, I was personally rather nervous and excited. From my very first day, everyone in the office made me feel welcome and comfortable, answering my questions so patiently and doing whatever they could to help and accommodate me. During my training, my supervisor/manager was absolutely amazing. It was made sure that we talked over everything I would be doing and that I was comfortable. With this huge learning curve, to make the process even easier for me, I was eased into each new task in ways that were specifically meant to help me feel as comfortable as possible. My wonderful supervisor even sat down with another one of the managers in the office to discuss what would be the best way to accommodate my individual needs, making me feel as confident and comfortable as possible. Everyone is always willing to help out when I need it. My managers and colleagues are all amazing people. Even if I ask a thousand questions a day, my supervisor and colleagues help me and answer questions with so much kindness and patience. Even the smallest acts of kindness, asking how my weekend was, wishing me a good lunch break or rest of my day, even just how everyone pokes their head in to say "hi" in the morning, makes the work environment friendly and welcoming. I have learned so much and grown as a person, even in this short time. I would definitely recommend working in the operator - more...
Pros
Good work environment, great people to work with
If you like working for a manager that humiliates, berates and has had bullying and harassment complaints from 4 out of 8 account managers then this would be the place for you. At your interview the manager will tell you that she "likes to empower women" and that you will be making far more money than you ever will due to favoritism of friends in the department.
Pros
Instructors are top notch
Cons
long hours, toxic environment
Below average pay. Products and services over priced and not competitive with market space. Poorly managed. Staff promoted to management for good sales numbers, not leadership ability which is creating high turnover.
Pros
Safety conscious
Cons
Poorly managed