Leavitt Machinery Employee Reviews

Loved working here
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC6 September 2019
Great team, excellent software, great training. I would have stayed, but I had to relocate.They have a department for everything. You never have a question unanswered. You are empowered to work alone and make your own decisions, no micro managing I loved that.
Started off ok but got rough fast
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2019
Started off as a good feel, my manager was always stressed and always complained about the upper management but never understood why. Took another role and realized why. Chauvinistic management, poor people skills, untrained in how to manage. They don't value anyone except maybe sales, just show up and shut up and do your job. No work perks or care for the employee.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
No work perks, untrained management, very little support or room for growth
Great opportunities and growth potential in Operator Training
Account Manager - Operator Training (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC9 July 2019
I have worked at Leavitt Machinery for several years in the Operator Training department, and have found great satisfaction with this position, department, and the company as a whole.

This department has grown exponentially in the years that I have been here, and continues to do so. This is no doubt due to the strong team of account managers and operations administrators, backed by our extremely supportive management team. In my time here, I have been able to grow within my role as well as take on new responsibilities as the department continues to expand.

Things can be very fast-paced, but the company and our management advocate strongly for a healthy work/life balance while continuing to reward the efforts being made by every team member.
Operator training department
Assistant Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 July 2019
Working in the Leavitt Machinery Operator Training department has been an amazing experience, and in my short time in the department, it has been a fantastic opportunity for me.

Starting out in a new job, I was personally rather nervous and excited. From my very first day, everyone in the office made me feel welcome and comfortable, answering my questions so patiently and doing whatever they could to help and accommodate me. During my training, my supervisor/manager was absolutely amazing. It was made sure that we talked over everything I would be doing and that I was comfortable. With this huge learning curve, to make the process even easier for me, I was eased into each new task in ways that were specifically meant to help me feel as comfortable as possible. My wonderful supervisor even sat down with another one of the managers in the office to discuss what would be the best way to accommodate my individual needs, making me feel as confident and comfortable as possible.

Everyone is always willing to help out when I need it. My managers and colleagues are all amazing people. Even if I ask a thousand questions a day, my supervisor and colleagues help me and answer questions with so much kindness and patience. Even the smallest acts of kindness, asking how my weekend was, wishing me a good lunch break or rest of my day, even just how everyone pokes their head in to say "hi" in the morning, makes the work environment friendly and welcoming.

I have learned so much and grown as a person, even in this short time. I would definitely recommend working in the operator
  more... training department. The people, the environment, and the opportunity that comes with it are all truly fantastic, and this has been an experience that I will never forget and will always value.  less
Pros
Good work environment, great people to work with
Do not even consider working in the operator training department....
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 June 2019
If you like working for a manager that humiliates, berates and has had bullying and harassment complaints from 4 out of 8 account managers then this would be the place for you. At your interview the manager will tell you that she "likes to empower women" and that you will be making far more money than you ever will due to favoritism of friends in the department.
Pros
Instructors are top notch
Cons
long hours, toxic environment
You can do better than Leavitt
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada29 April 2019
Below average pay. Products and services over priced and not competitive with market space. Poorly managed. Staff promoted to management for good sales numbers, not leadership ability which is creating high turnover.
Pros
Safety conscious
Cons
Poorly managed
Training program
Level 2 - Adequately Skilled Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 January 2019
This was a great training program. Taught me everything I needed to know about operating a forklift. Gave me the skills to be able to preform all tasks with a forklift with confidence and ease within the first couple days of ever using a forklift.
excellent place to work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 December 2018
excellent place to work, open door policy with all managers, the occasional thank you breakfast does happen, the equipment we have well suited for the work we do.
Pros
work is here if you want it
Cons
work is here if you want it
Excllenet place to work!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley1 December 2018
It's a busy growing company with near unlimited potential for growth, both for employee and employer.
Training is really well done, allows each employee to see into every part of the company.
Plan to work hard and be rewarded.
Pros
Great company culture very positive
Cons
Can be longer hours and intense
Entry Level Sales position
TERRITORY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 November 2018
I was hired on to Leavitt Machinery through recommendation.
Having it been through a trusted source and having little experience coming out of University, I looked past many of the initial warning signs. The first of the warning signs being a high turnover rate of their employees. within the year of working in the OPSC, in a department of 20 individuals, 4 employees had left. The second warning sign was the initial salary that was offered. Understandably in an entry level position one can expect industry standards and not much more. This was not the case and was well below average to the point where I took on side work to ease the financial burden.
as a commission structure would bolster ones Salary, this too was greatly lacking and did not meet industry standards as well.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of compensation
Great Place to Work for
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  langley25 July 2018
I was with the company for 8 years and everyday was a new challenge. People I worked with were great and the management team really took care of us. I highly recommend Leavitt as a career choice.
Pros
benefits, perks flexible work arrangments
nice place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC27 June 2018
place where you feel secure an able to grow, multiples opportunities in different files. Great place to learn and work as a team but also in an independent way.
Awful place to work!
Service Dispatcher/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 May 2018
The people I worked with at Leavitt are fantastic, however the culture that this business exudes is TOXIC. Management wants every pound of flesh they can get. They blame other people for their mistakes, which in turn created a massive employment turn over. In my first 6 months with the company I went from the most Junior Employee to the 3rd most senior. In the 4 years following I managed to make it to the 2nd most senior however I had worked with and trained about 15 other people, only 2 of which were still there (95% quit in the first 6 months).
Pros
Fair Wage
Cons
Unbelievable expectation, ultra long hours, on call after hours constanltly.
fun place to work
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2018
worked with different types of equipment in a shop and out, worked as a field technician with a supplied company service truck and was on call with a supplied cell phone
Pros
good pay, union work
Good place to start
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2018
Hit the phones, make some money, and management will be happy. Not many events or spiffs, really
No corp culture, just beers after work sometimes
Solid company, will be around for a while
Pros
You can drive a forklift around
Cons
No culture, hiring could be better
Terrible Management
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 January 2018
Management was incompetent and unable to provide for mechanic needs.
Parts department was incompetent and a nightmare to work with.
Mechanics are knowledgeable and easy to work along side.
Pros
Good Mechanics
Cons
Incompetent managment and poor co-operation between departments
Great continue to learn and grow in
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC5 January 2018
This is a company of many moving parts and people to learn from. The work is challenging and rewarding, and the managers are always willing to impart their knowledge to you.
they try to make it a Tight core group of people with a good environment
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
good company, has high quality service and machinery. lots of opportunity to learn from new to used equipment. management end is very one sided and always for the benefit of the company at the end of the day. work hard and put in a good days work, produce results and keep you numbers up you will thrive .
Pros
team building events, benefits, retirement plan, tool allowance, boot allowance
Cons
managment
excellent place to work
Apprentice Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 September 2017
Good people to work with, excellent place to be exposed to different equipment, Monday to Friday shift don't allow more time to spend with family located far away, there is something new to do every day, not a repetitive boring job.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
monday to friday schedule
Solid, Stable work environment
Facilities & Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 March 2017
Had opportunity to continue my learning through experience and extra training. Supportive and good leadership group. Good work environment. Made long lasting friendships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leavitt Machinery. Our community is ready to answer.