LEARNstyle Ltd

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

teamcompanymanagementgreatworklearnstyleworkingtechnology

amazing company!

Great and supportive senior leadership team! Lots of potential to learn new skills. Good potential for growth and advancement in organization. Great place to work.

Great mission very poor execution

They have so much potential but are being held back by outdated close-minded management. The pay is not good 200 a day that only goes down if you are not able to see five students. So if someone is away or sick your pay takes the cut. Only ten-month employees have no benefits or paid time off. Management demanding staff begin working before their set contract date. Expecting them to work without pay. There is little to no room for advancement unless you reflect what management looks like, ie all men, all white. Front line staff is not valued at all senior-level staff have no idea what it is like in the field. I would not recommend working here.

Cons

Long hours for no pay

Insights into LEARNstyle Ltd

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Perfect place to start off as a new teacher

I have worked with this company for the past three years, and have enjoyed every day of it. It has helped prepare me for the classroom, and build an incredible network within the Halton District School Board.

Honest review - some good (rewarding), some not (compensation sucks)

There are things that I absolutely love about working for LEARNstyle. I love the hours working within the school system, I love my Manager, I love helping students learn and be successful, I love the work/life balance, the company culture and I love their model of building relationships with the students. What I don't love is the pay. There are no benefits and it's doubtful that there ever will be. Only salaried staff get sick days and job/pay stability as they can work from home or go to the office but for everyone else...see below: You get paid $200/day, however, this is based on seeing 6 students per day/4 if in High School. If you end up seeing less than this, then you lose pay, unless you can find replacements, which isn't always easy. During the winter, when there are bus cancellations, you don't work and therefore lose pay for that day, even though you're ready, willing and able to work. If you are sick, not only do you not get paid, but you are made to feel guilty about it because apparently, it's more important to fulfill the commitment to the Boards. Direct Managers understand this but upper management fails to recognize this and it sounds like money will always be an issue because of this lack of understanding for their front line employees. You get to go on EI for Winter break and summer break but be prepared to wait a while to get that money. You also do not get paid for PA days (so at least once/month) and you will not receive any compensation for March Break. You do not get paid for mileage and even though I was told that I would be kept in my area, -

Pros

work/life balance, short hours, helping children

Cons

Compensation, support, job advancement, lots of travel

Official response from LEARNstyle Ltd

26 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback and information. We would like to provide you with an opportunity to meet with the overall management team, and/or Human Resources in order to address your feedback, update you on already planned items for this year that address some of the feedback above, and to ensure to clear up any inaccuracies.

Great ideas, poor execution

I enjoyed working for LearnStyle as a Technology Coach, and it was generally a great experience! The work that they do really does enhance the education system and can be life-changing for the students they serve. The CEO and exec team is friendly and approachable, and the overall culture is friendly and learning-positive. Unfortunately, it seems that there are some serious gaps in their people-management and compensation (low, disproportionate pay, no benefits for full-time employees, low/no actual advancement, and disconnected upper management). If you want a job that fills the gaps it is great, otherwise look elsewhere for benefits and professional development.

Pros

Great people and impactful vision

Cons

Compensation structure, no advancement

Rewarding and Positive Climate

At LEARNstyle Ltd. I have been given the opportunity to change the lives of many students much earlier in my life than I thought. LEARNstyle has altered the way I look at the education technology and has provided me with a new career path I did not originally think of. I am always treated with respect by the LEARNstyle team and everybody loves to hear new ideas and suggestions. The management is not typical management because they are extremely approachable and want to hear your ideas and thoughts for the company. My typical day is preparing for my student(s)' sessions, arriving at my appointed school and training the students either in or outside the classroom. I will also need to fill out my training reports online for all my students. I need to have excellent communication skills when speaking to parents, staff and other adults associated with my students. If you are looking for a great Job Work/Life Balance this is a great opportunity as you will find time to spend at home without a heavy workload to carry with you. The hardest part about this job is preparing for the unexpected. By this I mean you will meet many different students with many different abilities and you will need to be able to plan accordingly for these situations. Learning about education technology is one of my passions as well as assisting students, and LEARNstyle has and will continue to provide me with this opportunity.

Pros

Excellent professional development. Great work/life balance. Great management team.

Cons

None at this time.

Amazing supportive and collaborative work environment where passion goes a long way!

There is no typical day at work when you are teaching students with learning disabilities. That's what makes this job both exciting and challenging! The supportive work environment is second to none, it is one big team! Management is always looking to stay ahead of the evolving education realm.

Pros

Great internal growth opportunities and consistent work

An Amazing Environment

I have never worked in a company with an atmosphere so welcoming and supportive. Coworkers are invested in each other's success. And the working relationships at every level of management reflect that. The work itself is rewarding. Knowing that you are making a difference in a child's education, in their future, is a fantastic feeling.

Pros

Great working environment and rewarding experiences

Best work place EVER

This company is fantastic! From their mission, to its culture, to the meaningful work that they do, this company is tops. I would highly recommend this work experience to anyone who is interested in making a difference in this world, and who is looking to connect with a great team of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEARNstyle Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement