LEARNstyle Ltd

LEARNstyle Ltd Culture reviews

Canada22 reviews

Clear

Great company with excellent leaders

I really enjoyed getting to build relationships with my students, the school staff, my coworkers and my managers. A supportive Environnement with fun engaging activities for coworkers to get together and socialize. Flexible scheduling

Pros

flexible schedule, team leaders, socials

Cons

low wage

Great job working directly with students and technology

Constantly changing and challenging: keeping up with technology and engaging students. Amazing support network between coaches, management and scheduling. Very rewarding.

Insights into LEARNstyle Ltd

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Honest review - some good (rewarding), some not (compensation sucks)

There are things that I absolutely love about working for LEARNstyle. I love the hours working within the school system, I love my Manager, I love helping students learn and be successful, I love the work/life balance, the company culture and I love their model of building relationships with the students. What I don't love is the pay. There are no benefits and it's doubtful that there ever will be. Only salaried staff get sick days and job/pay stability as they can work from home or go to the office but for everyone else...see below: You get paid $200/day, however, this is based on seeing 6 students per day/4 if in High School. If you end up seeing less than this, then you lose pay, unless you can find replacements, which isn't always easy. During the winter, when there are bus cancellations, you don't work and therefore lose pay for that day, even though you're ready, willing and able to work. If you are sick, not only do you not get paid, but you are made to feel guilty about it because apparently, it's more important to fulfill the commitment to the Boards. Direct Managers understand this but upper management fails to recognize this and it sounds like money will always be an issue because of this lack of understanding for their front line employees. You get to go on EI for Winter break and summer break but be prepared to wait a while to get that money. You also do not get paid for PA days (so at least once/month) and you will not receive any compensation for March Break. You do not get paid for mileage and even though I was told that I would be kept in my area, -

Pros

work/life balance, short hours, helping children

Cons

Compensation, support, job advancement, lots of travel

Official response from LEARNstyle Ltd

26 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback and information. We would like to provide you with an opportunity to meet with the overall management team, and/or Human Resources in order to address your feedback, update you on already planned items for this year that address some of the feedback above, and to ensure to clear up any inaccuracies.

Great ideas, poor execution

I enjoyed working for LearnStyle as a Technology Coach, and it was generally a great experience! The work that they do really does enhance the education system and can be life-changing for the students they serve. The CEO and exec team is friendly and approachable, and the overall culture is friendly and learning-positive. Unfortunately, it seems that there are some serious gaps in their people-management and compensation (low, disproportionate pay, no benefits for full-time employees, low/no actual advancement, and disconnected upper management). If you want a job that fills the gaps it is great, otherwise look elsewhere for benefits and professional development.

Pros

Great people and impactful vision

Cons

Compensation structure, no advancement

Awesome company!!

A highly organized and very motivated staff!! Great support provided to new staff and a very enthusiastic, friendly bunch to work with and grow!! Awesome, important work being done at this highly respected organization!!

Pros

Life long learning

Cons

may need to drive a bit to destinations

A supportive work environment with an energetic management team.

I have been with LEARNstyle for nearly 2 years. The management is supportive and the work culture is positive. Management have either worked, or continue to work, in the field and understand the realities of fieldwork. This company values the power of relationships and that makes the direct time in working with students very special and rewarding. The work can be fast paced and demands flexibility. While the management is supportive, an ability to work independently and problem-solve is a must. Glad to be a part of this company!

Pros

A work schedule that follows the school schedule, which is a huge plus if you're looking for family-work life balance.

Cons

Work can be unstable being dependent on the volume of work available from school boards.

A fantastic and inclusive company!

I have been with Learnstyle for half a year now and it's extremely supportive staff and positive work environment is something that makes them a 5-star company. With 24/7 support team and professional training, I have found the best company to be a part of and get to do what I love.

Best work place EVER

This company is fantastic! From their mission, to its culture, to the meaningful work that they do, this company is tops. I would highly recommend this work experience to anyone who is interested in making a difference in this world, and who is looking to connect with a great team of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEARNstyle Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement