LEARNstyle Ltd

LEARNstyle Ltd Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON7 reviews

teamcompanymanagementgreatworklearnstyleworkingtechnology

Perfect place to start off as a new teacher

I have worked with this company for the past three years, and have enjoyed every day of it. It has helped prepare me for the classroom, and build an incredible network within the Halton District School Board.

Honest review - some good (rewarding), some not (compensation sucks)

There are things that I absolutely love about working for LEARNstyle. I love the hours working within the school system, I love my Manager, I love helping students learn and be successful, I love the work/life balance, the company culture and I love their model of building relationships with the students. What I don't love is the pay. There are no benefits and it's doubtful that there ever will be. Only salaried staff get sick days and job/pay stability as they can work from home or go to the office but for everyone else...see below: You get paid $200/day, however, this is based on seeing 6 students per day/4 if in High School. If you end up seeing less than this, then you lose pay, unless you can find replacements, which isn't always easy. During the winter, when there are bus cancellations, you don't work and therefore lose pay for that day, even though you're ready, willing and able to work. If you are sick, not only do you not get paid, but you are made to feel guilty about it because apparently, it's more important to fulfill the commitment to the Boards. Direct Managers understand this but upper management fails to recognize this and it sounds like money will always be an issue because of this lack of understanding for their front line employees. You get to go on EI for Winter break and summer break but be prepared to wait a while to get that money. You also do not get paid for PA days (so at least once/month) and you will not receive any compensation for March Break. You do not get paid for mileage and even though I was told that I would be kept in my area, -

Pros

work/life balance, short hours, helping children

Cons

Compensation, support, job advancement, lots of travel

Official response from LEARNstyle Ltd

26 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback and information. We would like to provide you with an opportunity to meet with the overall management team, and/or Human Resources in order to address your feedback, update you on already planned items for this year that address some of the feedback above, and to ensure to clear up any inaccuracies.

Insights into LEARNstyle Ltd

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Great ideas, poor execution

I enjoyed working for LearnStyle as a Technology Coach, and it was generally a great experience! The work that they do really does enhance the education system and can be life-changing for the students they serve. The CEO and exec team is friendly and approachable, and the overall culture is friendly and learning-positive. Unfortunately, it seems that there are some serious gaps in their people-management and compensation (low, disproportionate pay, no benefits for full-time employees, low/no actual advancement, and disconnected upper management). If you want a job that fills the gaps it is great, otherwise look elsewhere for benefits and professional development.

Pros

Great people and impactful vision

Cons

Compensation structure, no advancement

Awesome company!!

A highly organized and very motivated staff!! Great support provided to new staff and a very enthusiastic, friendly bunch to work with and grow!! Awesome, important work being done at this highly respected organization!!

Pros

Life long learning

Cons

may need to drive a bit to destinations

Personal and Professional Alignment

LEARNstyle provides me the opportunity to find alignment between my personal interests, education, and my professional aspirations. It provides a venue in which I could fully utilize my developed skills while also, furthering my learning and developing new skills. LEARNstyle is a company that places a high intrinsic value on its employees--and does an amazing job at staying focused on the positive impacts that we all can have on all types of learners. LEARNstyle is a great place to work for and exceeds at recognizing employee achievements and communicating its mantra, goals and purpose to the entire team.

Pros

Young, enthusiastic team, diverse and passion driven

Learnstyle is an amazing place to work

If you love education technology, special education, working with people with special needs and technology in general, this is the place for you. It is fast pace that if you are a consultant, you are at a different school everyday. It is rewarding and tons of networking options no matter what professional background you are coming from. Also, having a collaborative and supportive team/co-workers makes it an engaging and supportive environment to work in.

Relationship-Based Technology Instruction!

You have the opportunity to impact student's lives as you establish relationships with them to demonstrate how to effectively use technology in the classroom. You can have a tremendous impact on the staff and students as you show them how to integrate technology into the curriculum. You are a member of a supportive team who provide information and resources to meet the needs of staff and students. Being a LEARNstyle Consultant is challenging but extremely rewarding!

Pros

Having a positive impact on student's learning!

Cons

Can't think of any!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEARNstyle Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement