LEARNstyle Ltd
View all LEARNstyle Ltd reviews

LEARNstyle Ltd

LEARNstyle Ltd Employee Review

Honest review - some good (rewarding), some not (compensation sucks)

There are things that I absolutely love about working for LEARNstyle. I love the hours working within the school system, I love my Manager, I love helping students learn and be successful, I love the work/life balance, the company culture and I love their model of building relationships with the students. What I don't love is the pay. There are no benefits and it's doubtful that there ever will be. Only salaried staff get sick days and job/pay stability as they can work from home or go to the office but for everyone else...see below: You get paid $200/day, however, this is based on seeing 6 students per day/4 if in High School. If you end up seeing less than this, then you lose pay, unless you can find replacements, which isn't always easy. During the winter, when there are bus cancellations, you don't work and therefore lose pay for that day, even though you're ready, willing and able to work. If you are sick, not only do you not get paid, but you are made to feel guilty about it because apparently, it's more important to fulfill the commitment to the Boards. Direct Managers understand this but upper management fails to recognize this and it sounds like money will always be an issue because of this lack of understanding for their front line employees. You get to go on EI for Winter break and summer break but be prepared to wait a while to get that money. You also do not get paid for PA days (so at least once/month) and you will not receive any compensation for March Break. You do not get paid for mileage and even though I was told that I would be kept in my area, -

Pros

work/life balance, short hours, helping children

Cons

Compensation, support, job advancement, lots of travel

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Official response from LEARNstyle Ltd

26 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback and information. We would like to provide you with an opportunity to meet with the overall management team, and/or Human Resources in order to address your feedback, update you on already planned items for this year that address some of the feedback above, and to ensure to clear up any inaccuracies.

Same role

Great company with excellent leaders

I really enjoyed getting to build relationships with my students, the school staff, my coworkers and my managers. A supportive Environnement with fun engaging activities for coworkers to get together and socialize. Flexible scheduling

Pros

flexible schedule, team leaders, socials

Cons

low wage
Same role

Great job working directly with students and technology

Constantly changing and challenging: keeping up with technology and engaging students. Amazing support network between coaches, management and scheduling. Very rewarding.
Same roleSame location

Perfect place to start off as a new teacher

I have worked with this company for the past three years, and have enjoyed every day of it. It has helped prepare me for the classroom, and build an incredible network within the Halton District School Board.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEARNstyle Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about LEARNstyle Ltd in popular locations

• LEARNstyle Ltd
  • Honest review - some good (rewarding), some not (compensation sucks)