Lear Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 61 reviews matching the search See all 1,838 reviews
Nice place to work for.
Administrative Assistant / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 March 2019
It was a challenge position, working on so many differents assignment. Learn a lot, nice co-workers to work with. I enjoyed every task I was assigned to.
Pros
Nice work
Cons
too short.
Great salaries and great opportunities to grow into the company
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal15 March 2019
Great place to learn new job skills, great salary, benefits and great job environment.
Employees will have opportunities to have paid courses to improve the ways to have the jobs done.
Productive and laid back workplace
Asssembler (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 March 2019
Get assigned to a certain assembly job and assemble seats. You usually rotate between different jobs and learn a new one once in a while. Learned time management (you are timed for assembling) to efficiently keep the assembly line running on time. Also learned Managerial skills as I was close to the manager and asked him about his daily tasks in the workplace.
Its been a good place to work.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Shipper/Receiver25 February 2019
Not a bad place to work. It's steady, The shift work was tough. It was much better when we worked for the General Motors Truck Plant, Cyrslter is not bad, but the pay was dramatically decreased.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Shift work
Respectable
Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Lear Ajax17 January 2019
I Love my job, unfortunately automotive has taken a downward toll in the Durham region and I need to prepare myself for the worst. Fair work and fair pay. Management is very understanding and pay is very competitive for the logistics market
Great place
Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 November 2018
Had fun
Good work,
Gravey train,belonged to the caw,
Had fun with the people,in alliance
No real problem,gust went to work and made sure that the parent company was filled with the requirements that were needed for that shift
All that was needed was the right person to be there at all times
Pros
Money
Exhaustive
Assembly Line Associate - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
I enjoyed most part of the job, because I learned a lot even with the bad conditions heather.
The job was so repetitive, they no recognize the effort.
Pros
Cons
Exhaustive
Tough
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 September 2018
Job was very tough as it required a lot of body work, co workers were very strict and rude at times, management was very bad and salary did not match the job profile
WSIB and Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 August 2018
Very unfortunate that Lear shut there Kitchener operation in December 2015. We had three generations of workers. The plant was a good corporate citizen to Kitchener and was a proud supporter of the United Way.
Pros
Culture, Wages and Benefits
Cons
Plant shut down
Hostile Environment
Processing (Former Employee) –  Selma, AL13 May 2018
Not a comfortable place to work.
Micro-managed from head office. Opportunity to move up is limited.
There is a problem attracting good employees. My location was this way.
Factory line worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 February 2018
Automotive, factory line work can be boring and tedious at times but the pay is good and most the people that work there are good folks. I was laid off so I didn't have much job security being someone with less seniority than most. Overall it was a good experience!
Bad place
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON12 December 2017
Physically demanding job. Mostly creepy men who work here. Management is terrible and the union is worse. They don’t fix wrongs. The pay is low and the hours are awful.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long hours, noisy, rude staff
seat assembler
Seat Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON29 November 2017
amazing place to work I loved it there it's sad that it had to close great people to work with ,great environment to be in just loved working there I miss that plant it closed up
General Review of Lear Corporation
Temporary Coverage (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON28 November 2017
Decent place to work.
Ability to listen to music, and wear shorts/tanks tops during the warm seasons.

Jobs weren't overly difficult and were easy enough to pick up.

Single job rotation - job ownership was in effect.
Worse place i ever worked
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 November 2017
Wow Lear ....
They start off telling you how great the place is and how you can move up and make your own hours . They lead you on to think you can move up in the company and join the union. So many people have to retire before they can even ask you to join meanwhile taking small union dues every check. They say it is not forced to work 6 days a week but if you want a day off you get punished and only work Friday and Saturday. People that have been there over 10 years do not even like the place and around 90 percent of the workers hate being there and the pay and hours. So glad I left Lear in ajax . Worst experience when you find out what is really going on and you will be very disappointed. I give lear 1 star for being clean that is it .
If you want a life and pay do not work there the union says they help you by paying 50 cents above minium wage . I thought they were joking and when I cracked a smile I just got dirty looks.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Working there
Hard work but great pay.
General Laborer/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 November 2017
I learned a lot working at Lear. It was a great place to work and I met a lot of good people. If the company did not close in 2015, I would have gladly retired from there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Physically demanding at times.
Good Workplace
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON26 October 2017
It was a good learning experience for me while finishing up school. Having a 7 month co-op placement was beneficial for me to be able to get the job I did right out of school.
fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 October 2017
Very fun place to work, learned a lot and enjoyed working with a variety of people. Everyone was very nice and helpful, feels good to be part of a team.
Worked more than 14 years. The best place.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2017
I worked for the company for more than 14years. I found the company has it's own respect.
If there is anything more than10 i will give it to the company
Decent workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 June 2017
Work started off great, training was given (Although it was not the best), jobs are relatively easy when taught correctly, most workers are nice, lots of workers and mainly management favour only full-time workers and treat temporary or part-time workers with disrespect. Some jobs were fun and enjoyable, able to listen to music for some of them. Most enjoyable part of the job was specific jobs if assigned to them, otherwise - going home.
Pros
Flexible scheduling for part timers
Cons
Supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lear Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.