LeafFilter Gutter Protection

LeafFilter Gutter Protection Pay & benefits reviews: Sales Representative

Sales Representative36 reviews
Worked in sales for Leaf Home Safety Solutions. Zero work life balance, 6 days a week. Leads are distributed around 9pm the night before, never know where you are going until then. Leads were literally all over the map, one lead south of city ( Chicago ), next lead in North Shore, an hour and a half with average traffic. One call sales pitch, manager wanted you to sell it even if there was no money in it for you. Overpriced, and leads were awful. Way to many growing pains in this market. My advise is look elsewhere.
Pros
Manager was a stand up guy
Cons
Zero Benefits, no expense reimbursements, awful leads, overpriced product for 80% of issues leads.
If you are a closer, this is the best job in the world. We do in home sales. Not a place for pampered babies. You're going to have to drive, and use your own vehicle. We're 1099. If you can't afford to drive your own car. Maybe sales isn't for you. This is a job for true closers that want to make a lot of money.
The commision structure is insane.
This is the best paying job for a sales rep. But you have to be a closer. Leaf Filter promotes from within. With the rapid growth of the company, opportunities are endless. And they pay.

Top reps make over $250k a year. Easy $100K a year for starters
I was a sales rep for the company a few years ago. Pay was good but NO benefits. Hours can be long and you have a big area to cover so lots of mikes on your own car with no gas or mileage reimbursement. Set appointment times and days. Leads are sent to you so you only go to a local office once a week. Manager was the biggest problem. He would tell you anything just to keep you working. He would take your commission on jobs for petty things even though he got a override.
Old school sales scheme where you go through a canned sales pitch and present a very high price that no one would ever buy at, but because you're a "manager" the prospect is lucky because you can magically save them a lot of money with a series of price drops that hopefully get the prosepect to buy at some point.
Straight commission, no benefits, chew up your own car by driving 1000 miles a week.
Erratic scheduling of appointments that are given to you at 9pm the night prior, meaning you have no idea where you are going day to day. Must commit to this 6 days a week, meaning you cannot make plans for much of anything else in your life.

If you can handle that and deal with a very agressive manager who cares only about how much money you can haul in by gouging the customers, then you can make some decent money. It's seasonal too - save your money made in the fall in order to survive a long unproductive winter.

Pros
Good job and great experience. Very interesting job to have and take a good amount of experience to do. Got to be able to be mobile and got to be real hard at what your doing cause people are hard to make come off there money
The schedule is very flexible, and the commissions are very fair. You have the availability to make very good money and still have time to do other things
-sleazy sales model
-super greedy, sleazy management

-zero benefits or perks ever
-on call 24/7/365. many many hours a week
product sucks-must lie a lot to make sales

-unethical business practices all around

-hours divided by commissions =min wage/so not worth it.
Pros
no office
Cons
too many to list—save yourself
I enjoy working at LeafFilter because it is a flexible job and is nice for a college student but the management is awful. Sometimes you will not receive your schedule until the day before and the hours are very long with no breaks.
Pros
decent hourly wage for college student, flexible hours, fun coworkers
Cons
No breaks, long hours, far drives and you do not get paid for gas.
Can make a lot of money here for just selling simple gutter protection. Get paid in commission only. Will be paid on the job sold when it is installed. Paid every Friday. Work Monday-Saturday
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Risky, Lots of Driving
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LeafFilter Gutter Protection?
Employees are great. Immature management 32 yo
Doesnt have moral or years to know how to manage

A company... lots of promises he can’t deliver on.

Don’t waste your time.

Contract

No benefits, no vaca
Pay your own gas upfront
Pros
Good product
Cons
Your own costs
Drive all over the south with a commission only job you did get to see a lot of new places and eat lots of different food. commissions can be high or they can be zero. feast or famine
Pros
see new places
Cons
always traveling
First of all this is a 1099 sales position so they do not offer benefits but what they do offer is the opportunity to make a lot of money. Going in, I was a little skeptical about the amount of money they said I could make but after being there a couple of weeks I saw first-hand that it was not only possible but it was happening weekly. My largest paycheck was $3800. I had to leave the position for medical reasons but I do plan to rejoin them as soon as I am cleared to return.

In my experience, the "sales people" of the world would not do well here. This company lives and dies by closing. If you are a closer, you will absolutely love this job and you will be compensated more than fairly.
Pros
work mostly from home, great commission structure, training
Cons
learning curve, driving
Total pyramid scheme. They lure you in with high dollar checks, but neglect to tell you how one-sided the pay plan is. The absolute worst company I've worked for from top to bottom. They have no HR or insurance even available.They give no gas allowance. They give no training or training pay. They employ shady sales managers who steal from own employees every chance they can. Stay away from this company at all cost
Pros
Cons
No gas allowance. No insurance. No Management.