LeafFilter Gutter Protection

LeafFilter Gutter Protection Employee Reviews

I’m truly fortunate to have this job excellent corporate culture. The only challenge is no advancement and you have to work holidays. Management is very caring motivational and understanding
This job completely consumes your life. You need to be in the office at 7:00am and you are receiving phone calls until 8:30pm. They you are needed to build the job jackets for the very next morning. You are required to work Saturday and Sunday. This company dumps so much of the workload on a 1 to 2 people. They do not care about work life balance.
Pros
they are never short of work
Cons
zero work/life balance
They don’t care about their employees You are replaceable within a second for 10 dollars wow working your life away for a petty 10 dollars. Horrible!!
Cons
This company is really fantastic. Due to COVID-19, the entire Hudson, Ohio team is working from home. However, nobody has broken pace, support from management is constant and communicative, and the culture is somehow still so rich... And we're not even in the office right now! The office is beautiful, by the way, and everyone from the brand executives to new recruits is so nice.
I plan to build my professional career here. This is really the kind of company I always dreamed of working with.
Pros
Full and free benefits, frequent free food, team events
Cons
None at all!
Top 15 salesman in Orlando throughout Florida at 30 years old...I have been in sales all my life, and can honestly say if you are looking for a team environment, great pay, and a boss that will go to bat for you...Leaf Filter BABY!!! Set leads, Flexible schedule to an extent, and one call close. Customers are our life, and we save theirs every day here. That's the main objective at least!
Pros
All of it
Cons
Deal with it
Sometimes you'll get a job that might say what it say on the paper and be halfway right. Racial profiling, envy, falsehood. There's service calls and Installations, customers n sellman dont know what they talk bout
Pros
Breaks whenever
Cons
Far distances
Absolutely too pushy with sales. Having other vendors tell us to back off and having our boss tell us eff them. No I cant work like that. I had friends run passed not knowing it was me to get away from what they thought was a pushy salesman.
When I started working for Leaffilter, it seemed like a good company, and I had a good time working there. I loved not being stuck behind a desk.

The problem was that time went on and management changed. Our current manager wouldn't tell the truth to save his life. He lies about everything, even stuff he doesn't need to lie about. The man is reckless, incompetent and insecure. It's not a good combination for anyone in management.

Unfortunately, thanks to the greed and gross negligence of the current and last operations managers, this office is failing. I fear that this office will close, then we all get to look for a new job.

I hope that the troubles in this office can be solved, but the response from the corporate office has been almost nothing. It's too bad. Leaffilter is a good product.
The company tells you there’s room for growth me per se feels like that is not true the position you are in your stuck with and the manager needs to see the vision of the company in order to lead his coworkers to success.
Pros
You have lots of opportunity to communicate with beautiful people on a weekend basis
Cons
Part time Weekends only/And manager
Look..if you can one call close you will make great money. If you cant or do not believe in the system this job is not for you.
Management expects you to run leads and close the deal. If you are the type that complains about driving

.one leg appointments ..long days..go sell ice cream..

Get signatures on contracts...make tons of money.
Do not ever work for these people, this is in my opinion one of the absolute worst possible places to work. If you want to have money stolen, be worked to the bone, and have all of your paperwork forged...Then this is the place for you! Otherwise stay away with at 200ft Pole
do your job follow the system and if you can sell you will make a ton of money and there's room to move up he ladder if you want always get your customers outside on a walk around to ensure your finding and their needs its easier once you go back and present your findings with the price and cost of job
Don't be fooled this company is the devil tricking you. Trust that you're going to drive well over 4000 miles a month. Trust that the leads are not vetted. Trust that the sales process will get plenty of cancels usually coming in the 1st 24 hours that will end up counting against you. Charge backs galore
Horrible environment! Illegal practices including forgery with the office staff. Two faced people that only care about you collecting the check from the client. 95% of clients are elderly and they con them into thinking they’re getting a good deal. They’ll install within hours of the client getting forced into saying yes so it’s installed and client has no time to say no. SCAMMING PEOPLE EVERY DAY!
Listen very professional company but no life. You might have an early appt really far away then be free till 7 pm then be in the same area. You either kill time or drive back and forth. The areas they cover are too large and I spent $150 a week on gas. You could never get weekends off but the manager would be at the beach. He was a know it all like a robot and it’s a churn and burn job
This company portrays itself as honest & having high standards but in reality it's just churn & burn. Reps, installers, customers in & out as fast as possible.

I started as a sale rep in a new office in California. All the company did was take $ out of my pocket over & over & didn't even have the installers do the job right. They raised prices 3 times in 5 months which actually lowered the amount of $ I took home & made it more & more difficult to sell the product.. Then they put a cap on the amount I could sell the product for & that took even more $ away from me.

There were sales lost I never had a chance to save. It was about the company selling their product screw the reps h the customers. In the weekly meetings VP of sales talked about customers like they were the enemy. Just disgusted with the greed & lack of integrity.
If you are a closer, this is the best job in the world. We do in home sales. Not a place for pampered babies. You're going to have to drive, and use your own vehicle. We're 1099. If you can't afford to drive your own car. Maybe sales isn't for you. This is a job for true closers that want to make a lot of money.
The commision structure is insane.

This is the best paying job for a sales rep. But you have to be a closer. Leaf Filter promotes from within. With the rapid growth of the company, opportunities are endless. And they pay.

Top reps make over $250k a year. Easy $100K a year for starters
The ability for the sales rep to maximize their own earnings was filtered and mitigated by the operations mangers; so, no matter what, ultimately my income was determined by the manager, and I wasn't the most excited about that.
Pros
Good pay, low hours worked during week
Cons
Did not find out what I was going to be doing, or even if I had work the next day, until 8 P.M. the night before.
All sales driven company, with little care for the customer. The point of sale was the main focus and had little care to worksmanship. The only concern was to get the install in and move on to next job.
I made an ok living in the Jacksonville, FL office. I was the top rep. I made over 60K last year and worked 70 hours a week to do that. That is the only thing good about the position.

You must be willing to put 60 - 70000 miles a year on your vehicle and you will get ZERO compensation from LeafFilter for doing so. They will ask you to sell jobs that pay absolutely no commision and chastise if you don't.

As a 1099 employee, which everyone is with LeafFilter unless a manager, that takes almost 8% right off the top because you have to pay your own matching social security and medicare taxes. Ask your accountant..

The opportunity to be more in the company than a cog to run leads is almost zero unless you are willing to relocate. I was offered a position that would have been a substantial cut in pay and would require me to move across the country. Was not worth it to me.

The manager in Jacksonville is a young guy that can only follow the playbook that was given to him. His management skills are subpar at best. He talks a good game about goal setting and helping you meet your goals and NEVER keeps his end of the deal. If you need more leads to meet your goals he counters with hiring more reps and will get you to help him train them thus cutting down the number of leads you get.
When the original stay at home order was put into place, they said we had to come to work OR take a two week unpaid leave. Well I decided to keep going to work, they told us they would be working on ways to get some of us to be able to work from home and some of us had to stay at work. Well, that never happened. I know of 2 people that still have their jobs and are able to work from home, and everyone else I know was placed on furlough for "at least 30 days." Refused to close until March 30th, bc they considered themselves "essential." Loved the atmosphere, and the work was easy but this handling of employees is just so awful.