LEA Consulting Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Beginner Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elk Lake, ON8 January 2020
If you have experience in engineering technology or branches of it such as environmental, then you will have a great time working here. My experience was amazing, learned an abundance of useful skills.
No training, negative culture, not recommended
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 November 2019
I joined LEA Consulting because during the interview process I was promised a great culture, training, and good teamwork. I'm pretty sure I joined a different company than what I interviewed for. Once I signed the dotted line, everything changed.
The company is going through a lot of changes. If you kiss the right butts and can do your manager's work for them, you may do well. If you believe in trust, mutual respect, learning, and collaboration, then I do not recommend LEA Consulting.
The communication between groups is appalling. Vice President having temper tantrums in the corridor. All management cares about is $$. You know it's bad when people are openly looking for jobs instead of working.

The annual holiday party is a nice gesture. However, it seems quite self-serving though, and an excuse to treat many employees poorly the rest of the year.
Reviewing LEA Consulting
TA (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON30 April 2019
An employee-owned engineering consulting company managing a multi-million-dollar portfolio of programs and projects in Canada, India, Africa, and the Middle East. The company has a very supportive and responsive management team and they are always working on creating better working conditions for their teams. Also, the company supports a variety of charitable organizations and causes to give back to the community.
Pros
Nothing that can be identified so far
Cons
Keep up the good work
Typical corporate environment - they are delusional about who they are
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 March 2019
The company is going through a lot of changes, many which seem to be pointless and self-motivated. The culture is full of gossip, people whispering in hallways, behind closed doors.
Management will tell you there is an 'open door policy' and that there is a flat corporate structure. The reality is a new manager at every corner, most managers look like they're winging it to be honest. And the open door policy is only valid if you agree to every new useless policy the president wants to put in place.
The tech is an absolute JOKE, there is no COO so the President (tech dinosaur) is in charge of leading IT. Yet they like to spew about smart cities. It's laughable. Too bad, because it seems like there are a lot of good people who just couldn't care less anymore. Seems like a very dysfunctional organization.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Bad culture, no transparency, no corporate giving
Small Company
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Information Technology Manager30 August 2018
Small Company. Too much business politics.
Do not recommend to work there.
Not a stable job security.
Best Christmas Party.

Some really nice people to work with. 2 locations in Toronto.
Extremely busy job however enjoyable
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 May 2018
Each and every day for employees is different, which made it an adventure to get in and see what the day would involve. Some days you would find yourself able to take more time with tasks than others, however other days, responsibilities were rushed due to pressured timelines for client requests.
Pros
Great social club
Not a bad place to work
Structural Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 July 2017
Doing some calculations, drawings check, attending meetings, discussing about the project and details with other parties and colleagues, answering to telephones, performing solutions for the technical problems issued form the site of the projects and other departments such as architectural, mechanical, and electrical
I learned how can help a project to save time and budget, also raising up the quality of the engineering deliverables.
The work place was good and people were good too.
The job contract was for a limited time that was the hardest part.
The job that I got involved with was so challenging and every day needed to solve a major items and part that was so exiting for me because that made me to learn more and study more to find out solutions and discussing about them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LEA Consulting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

LEA Consulting Ltd. Reviews by Location