Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

Productive, fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
Working as an employee in Le Chateau has been a fun experience for me in the beginning, typical workings days are usually mild, not too busy as other well known companies. I've learned to communicate with other effectively. Management has always been fair. Hardest part of the job is when it's 10 minutes till closing and there's still 20 people in the store, and you're expected to have the store to be spotless. Most enjoyable part is working with co workers you enjoy to be with.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Nothing really
Very success driven
Sales associate, Stock Expert, Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2018
I can say a lot of great things about this company however, unfortunately my experience was very difficulty with managers that do not listen to questions nor concerns.
Pros
diverse working environment
Cons
Not respected as an employee
No room to grow within company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2018
People who had dedicated years of their lives to the company, in most cases never had the opportunity to move up. As a part of management, you ended up working multiple job titles but were never compensated with an increased wage or proper title. Upper management had unrealistic goals for store level management and never used in-store advice to make better decisions. I would attribute this ignorance to part of the reason they are struggling as a company today.
Dont do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
For the love of god dont do it. I did it for a year. By far the most toxic enviornment you will ever walk into. You will regret it. Long days sometimes no breaks and if its dead you get in trouble for not making sales targets
DONT
DO
IT
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long days. No staff. Few breaks. Horrible leadership skills.
Fashion Forward and Fast Paced Environment
Product Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Canada7 April 2018
LE CHÂTEAU offers a rewarding employment experience with opportunity for continuous career development. You’ll work in a collaborative environment where you’ll be involved in the execution of merchandising directives to build LE CHÂTEAU’s brand image.

• Be a successful role model for their store team, support the company by implementing business-minded visual presentations that combine the latest fashion trends, uphold our high standards, and represent LE CHÂTEAU’s exclusive brand by creating a unique shopping experience
• Be experienced in the field of merchandising and/or have a post-secondary Merchandising education
• On-going leadership and career training that enables you to build valuable industry skills for your future, and foster personal and professional growth in yourself and your Store team
Fun and Pleasant Environment
Stylist & Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 April 2018
A typical day at work starts by assisting all customers needs such as helping them find sizes, clothes for certain occasions etc. I help the customers accessories give advice on how to style their outfits. The hardest part of the job is to multitask such as cleaning up, making sure the store is safe all while helping more than 5 people at a time. It is key to have patience with your customers and to always do your best to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfactions your customers leave with the great service you provided for them.
Le Chateau
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
My first job was working at Le Chateau. I have nothing but good things to say about this workplace. Great people and management. I had to leave earlier then expected because of hockey.
High-traffic, goal-oriented workplace
Brand Stylist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
High-traffic workplace where you must productivity of $150 per hour. Intense; employees were catty and would be aggressive over sales and commission. It held high standards for employees
Pros
50% of discount
Cons
Unkind workers
Environnement de travail répétitif
Styliste de la marque (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC23 March 2018
Toujours les mêmes tâches, manque de dynamisme en dehors des périodes de fêtes
Pros
Rabais sur la marchandise
Cons
Le temps passe très lentement
Loved my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 March 2018
Loved loved loved my job at le chateau. I recently just left due to low hours and i ended up getting a full time job. Work / life balance was amazing and they were very flexible with my crazy life.

The work is repetitive but I loved my coworkers and they made work fun and enjoyable.

Loved the discount and the quality of the clothing. I got 3 shirts at urban planet and I didn't even wear them for a full day and they ripped... I can wear le chateau clothes for 4 years and still great condition. 30.00 shirt vrs a 20 or 10 shirt can go a long way.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, balance, lots of work around Xmas, discount
Cons
Low hours, not full time, repetitive
Not bad
Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2018
You get a commission if you sell enough. They also give out le chateau gift cards when you in the highest performers province-wide and/or nation-wide.
Flexible
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2018
Working here was very flexible with my school life. I'd recommend working here for anyone juggling school like with work life. An added bonus is definitely the discounts on clothes.
There was fun moments and depends on whom your working wit it can be fun
Senior Manager & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Don't really have much to say it's been so long, but its more like your well over worked and under paid but its a job and somebody's going to do it. to me that wasn't the future more so for a person in school and wants to make some $$ for like books and to get by in life.
Pros
there's none...just a job
Cons
at times work hours are endless until staff starts getting uncomfortable and wants to go hme
retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 February 2018
Le Chateau is a good place to work at but I believe it is a really disorganized store in Sudbury. I love the people I work with, and working with so many different people coming in and out of the store. The only downside is the fact that there is not enough shifts to give out because they keep hiring brand new people.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
To many employees to give shifts
Unprofessional is an understatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2018
Do not work for this company, they are the worst. I worked there for just over a year and 20+ people ether quit or were fired. I worked under someone in upper mgnt and it was terrible. Legit made things up, pretended they didn't know about certain issues which were stated in black and white in emails, said great things to employees, but talked about not liking their work to myself. Was beyond petty and just plain unprofessional. Would speak to staff behind my back to"pump" them for information about the store then they would come to talk to me about how uncomfortable it was. Discount cards for a big Christmas promo didn't show up in time and it was like oh well. then they wondered why we didn't do the same sales as the previous year. Bonuses? don't even bother trying, most days there's 25-40% increase from the last year so it's next to impossible but it's sold to you like it's a joke not to be able to them. The hours for the size store worked in were hilarious.We worked our butts off trying to sell along with all the other store operations. Basically you can have 3 people on the sales floor at a time which is nothing for the size of the store, and two-3 of them have merchandising to do. There's your lack of sales and shrink right there, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Basically their expectations are out to lunch and it becomes an extremely frustrating place to be for everyone. Oh and if you have certain tattoos, facial piercings, or coloured hair, forget about this place. The dress code wont allow it, last time I checked it was 2018 and none of those  more... things dictate how you are as a worker....If i could give you any advice it would be to save yourself the headache and look for another place to work.  less
Pros
50% discount, most of the staff
Cons
Everything else
Awesome co-workers, pay is minimum wage, no benefits, and horrible management
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2018
After working here many years I can say I have wasted my time in dedicating my time in such an awefully mismanaged company with horrible management. I finally left when I was moved to work in the retail divisions in one of the malls. The "manager there is horrendous, forcing people to make outrageous sales quotas when there are barely any people coming in. On top of that they make key holders have extra responsibilities and extra work with no extra pay or benefits. On the other hand you have great co-workers that are very friendly very quickly. Will I ever work there again? Possibly if they fire the manager and hire someone that respects their employees and maybe give benefits to their sales staff.

Overall, great product, amazing coworkers, horrible management...
Pros
Great co-workers and staff
Cons
Horrible manager...
Work here only if you are into sales
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE26 January 2018
Management is pretty harsh about you getting your sales up. Weekly sales are checked and you can get kicked out of the company for failure to meet sales quota
correcte
Service à la clientèle, vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2018
Jai pas appris grand chose vue que j'avais déjà de l'expérience dans la vente.
Very safe environment with nice staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2018
At Le Chateau, the tasks needed to be completed were quite simple. At the start of my shift, I would be assigned to an area to focus on selling for that day, (shoes, womens clothing, mens clothing, etc.) and would be given an objective. As I worked in two different stores, both my managers were very nice and really wanted to help me improve on my retail skills. I was much younger than the people working there so it was quite difficult for me to make friends with my coworkers, however all my relationships with them were amicable. The hardest part of the job was not always closing a sale, as I always like to be the best in what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location, as it was very easy to get to downtown Montreal.
Pros
50% discount, long breaks.
Cons
Disorganized schedules
fun to work with my co workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC10 December 2017
worked in the kitchen washing dishes from 9am to 2pm. this job thought me how to work fast and under pressure and quickly. the part i enjoyed most was being able to make jokes ad talk with the chefs while working or during our brake. the hardest part of the job was when i first started i had to move quiclky and do everything right had to put plates were the went i had to. The management was great they would tell me what to do and i do it. i wasnt just a dishwasher i also did arons for the chefs like go get some food supplies when they were short on it.
Pros
free lunches, 10 min breaks can talk with with the chefs while working