Le Chateau Inc

Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

great co workers. Hours were good to allow you to have a life outside of work.Plenty of opportunities for those who want to advance. Good training provided as well as a no stress non toxic environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Repetive duties
I was a co-op student at Le Chateau and than right after that I got hired, how I was working. I have been work at Chateau for 4 years and people I have worked with are respectful, amazing. I am so happy.
I love the customer service aspect, the ability to work independently, as well as creatively and most of all love our team members. Great job, with great learning opportunities.
Jai travaillé huit mois pour eu au bout d'une semaine la gérante a quitté et jai du assurer la gestion du magasin en apprenant sur le tas sabs le salaire et le titre de gérante mais l'équipe était vraiment génial
Pros
L'équipe
Cons
La gestion
Management was awful, I do not think you would want to work here if you did not have back bone. If you ever want to relive highschool, work there. Staff were unclear and talked about management behind their back yet still stood by when they were needed to be in their place. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Few friendly co workers
Cons
Management is too young and still stuck in highschool.
I spent a total of two years with Le Chateau. One and a half years as store manager and have to say that of my 20 years retail management, I have never had a better experience. The support from the district manager was instructive and professional. Head office was responsive and friendly. The sales targets were not unreasonable. Truly enjoyed my time spent here.
Pros
Excellent support from district management
Cons
Down sizing store locations
After working in the Fort McMurray location I can honestly say it was the worst experience in a job I have ever had. The little rude comments, the ignorance, and the odd superiority complex of the manager was just horrendous. I was talked down upon and treated like an idiot for not knowing how to do things while I wasn’t trained for my position. I wouldn’t suggest working here even if you were on the verge of homelessness. Keep your dignity and stay away from here!
Pros
The product manager and other coworkers were helpful
Cons
The main manager. Worst Human Ever.
Always very busy but you have to reach a certain sales amount for commission. All the other workers will be on you constantly to make sure this order gets rung up under them. No teamwork, just greed. Didn't matter if I had the top sales in 3/4 departments, still wasn't enough for commission and no one ever gave me a breakdown of how I did or if I ever did make commission. Management was a joke, always favouring certain people. She hired an assistant manager who talked back to customers, me, other staff, and then our head office supervisor. When I told the store manager, she told me she was being let go after the weekend. She was there for 3 more weeks and then I was let go for taking time off to go back to my home province for the holidays. Worst employer I have ever had.
a great experience managers are patient and willing to teach and accommodate different skillsets. it provided a great learning experience for me and i have been able to contribute to other workspaces from my learning there
Ownership and Executives totally unprofessional. Go elsewhere with your talent. They have no respect and show none. Turn around in staff is high and only the talented leave.
Pay is based on minimum wage or commission, whichever is higher at the end of the week. Little to no sense of community among employees, everyone is fighting to have the highest sales. Little to no training and most management is completely unequipped to handle the personal concerns of their staff. Management often noticeably holding grudges against employees who resign, regardless of the reasoning. Blaming the employees for the company's continuous loss of money. Products are overpriced for the quality, and the exchange policy is ridiculous. Almost every return/exchange transaction involves staff getting verbally abused by customers. Staff is taught to not mention the exchange policy unless a customer directly asks about it, and little signage indicating the policy either, so many customers don't actually know the policy until they try to return something. This is EXTREMELY common, as the competitive, money making atmosphere leads customers to feel forced to buy something they don't actually want.
Pros
Advancement is easy. Really great employee discount. High pay if you can reach commission
Cons
Dress code is either all black business casual or items purchased from the company itself, Competitive, Coworkers are all out for themselves, No team effort
we would greet our guests and help them find their designated seats then we would pour wine for them, after a while we served their food. the hardest part was taking the empty plates back to the kitchen because we would have to stack up 10 plates and take them and it was really heavy. most enjoyable part was that we get free lunches.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
standing for the whole shift
I love my job. My supervisor is always ready to answer any questions I have. Our head office is very accessible and helpful...You always have something to do transfers, displays..etc, but for me it's the customer's we have such a great time. It's very satisfying when someone leaves with a big smile and thanks you or you hear that they had excellent service from a team member...
friendly staff and environment retail store where you can interact with customers on the sales floor. there is always something to do at le chateau so you won't get bored.
Not a bad company for a student who is looking to get their career started. Flexible hours and decent pay. Great employee discount. Middle management could use some improvement in terms of communication and expectation
Great work place and team. Not much movement into better paying positions. The best part is you get to do your 8 hours and leave, have yet to be forced for over time.
the team management is great, all the people are great, the manager is lovely, overall great place to work. location is amazing (square one) mall. retail is a disaster to work in but this place is amazing. just disappointed because i'm getting very less hours
Managers only like other managers treat their employees like trash, don’t take employees seriously & you don’t receive your commission from your sales because again a manager some how ends up getting it
Great work environment never had any problems. Always care about you and Your personal life. Any information that you need is at your fingertips and always there to help.
Working at le chateau I experienced many things, like dealing with difficult customers and how to handle the situation, and also boost my communication skills
A typical day at work would involve being on the floor immediately the time you start, being pushed to approach people in order to make sales in an aggressive manner. Competing for clients, putting up with immature associates.
Pros
deduction on clothes
Cons
to wear only the company clothing, commission based
  1. Employee reviews