Le Chateau Inc

Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

Canada282 reviews
Competive and Unhealthy
Pay is based on minimum wage or commission, whichever is higher at the end of the week. Little to no sense of community among employees, everyone is fighting to have the highest sales. Little to no training and most management is completely unequipped to handle the personal concerns of their staff. Management often noticeably holding grudges against employees who resign, regardless of the reasoning. Blaming the employees for the company's continuous loss of money. Products are overpriced for the quality, and the exchange policy is ridiculous. Almost every return/exchange transaction involves staff getting verbally abused by customers. Staff is taught to not mention the exchange policy unless a customer directly asks about it, and little signage indicating the policy either, so many customers don't actually know the policy until they try to return something. This is EXTREMELY common, as the competitive, money making atmosphere leads customers to feel forced to buy something they don't actually want.
Pros
Advancement is easy. Really great employee discount. High pay if you can reach commission
Cons
Dress code is either all black business casual or items purchased from the company itself, Competitive, Coworkers are all out for themselves, No team effort
Don't waste your time, better off learning elsewhere and growing
Ownership and Executives totally unprofessional. Go elsewhere with your talent. They have no respect and show none. Turn around in staff is high and only the talented leave.
very fast paced workplace and you need to be focused at all times
we would greet our guests and help them find their designated seats then we would pour wine for them, after a while we served their food. the hardest part was taking the empty plates back to the kitchen because we would have to stack up 10 plates and take them and it was really heavy. most enjoyable part was that we get free lunches.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
standing for the whole shift
It's a great atmosphere and the company treats you great. It makes you want to give 110% every time you work
I love my job. My supervisor is always ready to answer any questions I have. Our head office is very accessible and helpful...You always have something to do transfers, displays..etc, but for me it's the customer's we have such a great time. It's very satisfying when someone leaves with a big smile and thanks you or you hear that they had excellent service from a team member...
productive and friendly
friendly staff and environment retail store where you can interact with customers on the sales floor. there is always something to do at le chateau so you won't get bored.
Productive and a fun work place
Not a bad company for a student who is looking to get their career started. Flexible hours and decent pay.
Great employee discount.

Middle management could use some improvement in terms of communication and expectation
Fun place to be, not long term
Great work place and team. Not much movement into better paying positions. The best part is you get to do your 8 hours and leave, have yet to be forced for over time.
Lovely management team, great co-workers
the team management is great, all the people are great, the manager is lovely, overall great place to work. location is amazing (square one) mall. retail is a disaster to work in but this place is amazing. just disappointed because i'm getting very less hours
Not a great place to work
Managers only like other managers treat their employees like trash, don’t take employees seriously & you don’t receive your commission from your sales because again a manager some how ends up getting it
Great to work there
Great work environment never had any problems. Always care about you and Your personal life. Any information that you need is at your fingertips and always there to help.
It is a nice place to work
Working at le chateau I experienced many things, like dealing with difficult customers and how to handle the situation, and also boost my communication skills
turned off in retail sales
A typical day at work would involve being on the floor immediately the time you start, being pushed to approach people in order to make sales in an aggressive manner. Competing for clients, putting up with immature associates.
Pros
deduction on clothes
Cons
to wear only the company clothing, commission based
Ok
Better than food service but poor management makes it hard to feel secure.
Customer service will undermine you and your position.

Not paid nearly enough for what's expected.

Competitive culture.

No trust.

Unappreciated.
Pros
gratis gift cards for Christmas, employee discount
Cons
everything else
Temporary job
I only worked there for a short time so I wouldn’t know what would be my review. I guess the only problem was that it was far from my house and some people that worked there didn’t like me
productive and fun workplace
It was fun while it lasted, it was a very productive environment to work and learn.
amazing coworkers. a typical work day would be attending to more than 3 customers at a time but feels amazing. I learned to work well with people and associate with customers.
Fun workplace but had its ups and downs
Had a good time working at le chateau with a great group of people. Learned a lot of leadership and group skills.

on the downside , the life/work balance was poor due to a lot of turnover.
Bonne ambiance
Une super équipe avec qui j’ai aimé travailler. C’était parfait
Poor management, company stuck in the 90s
There is a lot of busywork here. Poor management and a lot of “vanity titles”. Like product developer for example which is just a glorified assistant designer. The company has potential but is slowly going south due to poor management on different levels. I did not enjoy my experience and would not recommend it.
weirdos work here
For some reason all the older people that are still doing retail work for le chateau. Mostly white people work at the eaton center location so its very white washed. Easy, low pay.
Cliquey, underpaid work environment.
Not a very enjoyable place to work, pay was much less than anticipated for a management position, and there was no commission offered due it being an outlet location. Voiced a concern to a team lead about another employees behavior then was belittled and yelled at out of nowhere by that employee when lead told them without mentioning it to me. Stressful, cliquey environment, do not recommend.
Good employer
As a LE CHÂTEAU employee you play a valuable and exciting role in a fast-paced store, where you have endless opportunities for career development. You represent our exclusive brand and deliver professional customer service to help customers find the right products to fulfill their unique wardrobe needs.