Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

A nice place to work, with great discounts and job advancement
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 September 2018
Le Chaeau gave me the opportunity to develop skills and talents that I did, but also didnt know I had. After 3 months as a sales associate, I was promoted to Keyholder/Junior Assistant Manager, where I got the opportunity to showcase my leadership abilities and aided the manager with interviewing and training and development. I had a great store manager, which made the workplace culture enjoyable, however, I cannot say the same for our district manager.
In addition, Le Chateau's employee discounts are very generous compared to many other retail companies that I've worked for.
I believe the most challenging thing would be meeting store sales, during low season times, which is usually from September to November, and then mid January to March.
Pros
great opportunities for job advancement, great employee discounts, had an amazing store manager
Cons
repetitive work which gets boring after a while, upper management can use work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 September 2018
Overall had a good experience with this job but most management is awful - in my brief experience. Since clothing is expensive, customers can be rude/easily become frustrated - especially when there is no return policy.
Pros
good discount
Cons
bad management
Horrible management
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
TOXIC/CATTY COWORKERS. Before I started I chatted with an employee about advancement and how she worked there for a long time but wasn't given a room for advancement, at first I was like, it's okay we'll both get to it. And boy, was I wrong. This job has the most cliques than any other places I worked with.. This is not HS. And clearly, there's no room for advancement. You're stuck being an associate there.

if you plan on working here goodluck! look out for their merchandising associate who never smiles, unfair treatment, lazy keyholders and just back stabbers people in general.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Catty coworkers
Kinda boring but great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 June 2018
nice coworkers that make the day go by quickly. expected to buy new clothes every season so you could spend up to $200 for new outfits every two months.
The castle
Mens Fashion Coordinating Expert (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2018
This job was pretty good. Although, the model followed a very corporate example of managment and expectations from employees. Which is to Saul, they didn’t care about how we were treated or about the things we had to put up with. As long as you sold your quota, they didn’t care. If you didn’t sell your quote, you were reprimanded. Which made for a frustrating experience when’s you’re relegated to men’s fashion in a store that caters 90% of its marketing to women.
great management and co workers!
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 June 2018
at the outlet store, that is now closed, we had a great team and were consistent with our daily sales goals. would recommend working for le chateau, not just because the discount is amazing but because there is flexibility to transfer to other stores and float around if other stores need extras help.
Pros
discount!!
Cons
short hours for part time
Productive, fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
Working as an employee in Le Chateau has been a fun experience for me in the beginning, typical workings days are usually mild, not too busy as other well known companies. I've learned to communicate with other effectively. Management has always been fair. Hardest part of the job is when it's 10 minutes till closing and there's still 20 people in the store, and you're expected to have the store to be spotless. Most enjoyable part is working with co workers you enjoy to be with.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Nothing really
Very success driven
Sales associate, Stock Expert, Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2018
I can say a lot of great things about this company however, unfortunately my experience was very difficulty with managers that do not listen to questions nor concerns.
Pros
diverse working environment
Cons
Not respected as an employee
No room to grow within company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2018
People who had dedicated years of their lives to the company, in most cases never had the opportunity to move up. As a part of management, you ended up working multiple job titles but were never compensated with an increased wage or proper title. Upper management had unrealistic goals for store level management and never used in-store advice to make better decisions. I would attribute this ignorance to part of the reason they are struggling as a company today.
Dont do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
For the love of god dont do it. I did it for a year. By far the most toxic enviornment you will ever walk into. You will regret it. Long days sometimes no breaks and if its dead you get in trouble for not making sales targets
DONT
DO
IT
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long days. No staff. Few breaks. Horrible leadership skills.
Fashion Forward and Fast Paced Environment
Product Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Canada7 April 2018
LE CHÂTEAU offers a rewarding employment experience with opportunity for continuous career development. You’ll work in a collaborative environment where you’ll be involved in the execution of merchandising directives to build LE CHÂTEAU’s brand image.

• Be a successful role model for their store team, support the company by implementing business-minded visual presentations that combine the latest fashion trends, uphold our high standards, and represent LE CHÂTEAU’s exclusive brand by creating a unique shopping experience
• Be experienced in the field of merchandising and/or have a post-secondary Merchandising education
• On-going leadership and career training that enables you to build valuable industry skills for your future, and foster personal and professional growth in yourself and your Store team
Fun and Pleasant Environment
Stylist & Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 April 2018
A typical day at work starts by assisting all customers needs such as helping them find sizes, clothes for certain occasions etc. I help the customers accessories give advice on how to style their outfits. The hardest part of the job is to multitask such as cleaning up, making sure the store is safe all while helping more than 5 people at a time. It is key to have patience with your customers and to always do your best to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfactions your customers leave with the great service you provided for them.
Le Chateau
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
My first job was working at Le Chateau. I have nothing but good things to say about this workplace. Great people and management. I had to leave earlier then expected because of hockey.
High-traffic, goal-oriented workplace
Brand Stylist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
High-traffic workplace where you must productivity of $150 per hour. Intense; employees were catty and would be aggressive over sales and commission. It held high standards for employees
Pros
50% of discount
Cons
Unkind workers
Environnement de travail répétitif
Styliste de la marque (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC23 March 2018
Toujours les mêmes tâches, manque de dynamisme en dehors des périodes de fêtes
Pros
Rabais sur la marchandise
Cons
Le temps passe très lentement
Loved my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 March 2018
Loved loved loved my job at le chateau. I recently just left due to low hours and i ended up getting a full time job. Work / life balance was amazing and they were very flexible with my crazy life.

The work is repetitive but I loved my coworkers and they made work fun and enjoyable.

Loved the discount and the quality of the clothing. I got 3 shirts at urban planet and I didn't even wear them for a full day and they ripped... I can wear le chateau clothes for 4 years and still great condition. 30.00 shirt vrs a 20 or 10 shirt can go a long way.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, balance, lots of work around Xmas, discount
Cons
Low hours, not full time, repetitive
Not bad
Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2018
You get a commission if you sell enough. They also give out le chateau gift cards when you in the highest performers province-wide and/or nation-wide.
Flexible
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2018
Working here was very flexible with my school life. I'd recommend working here for anyone juggling school like with work life. An added bonus is definitely the discounts on clothes.
There was fun moments and depends on whom your working wit it can be fun
Senior Manager & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Don't really have much to say it's been so long, but its more like your well over worked and under paid but its a job and somebody's going to do it. to me that wasn't the future more so for a person in school and wants to make some $$ for like books and to get by in life.
Pros
there's none...just a job
Cons
at times work hours are endless until staff starts getting uncomfortable and wants to go hme
retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 February 2018
Le Chateau is a good place to work at but I believe it is a really disorganized store in Sudbury. I love the people I work with, and working with so many different people coming in and out of the store. The only downside is the fact that there is not enough shifts to give out because they keep hiring brand new people.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
To many employees to give shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Chateau Inc. Our community is ready to answer.