Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

Negative experience
Part time brand stylist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 November 2018
Worked like a dog and was underappreciated, all work is thrown on the associates while management is doing the bare minimum (most of the time standing in a corner chatting about what a lovely dinner they had).
At first it was fun, but once the management loses interest it becomes like a living h*ll!!!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Music, negativity
Productive workplace
Brand Stylist (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 November 2018
A productive workplace with self-motivated co workers that foster to further excel the brand. It is a place where self development occurs both in the work and job life. A lot opportunities to learn various important skills.
terrible management, low pay
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
expect low pay, terrible management, being treated poorly by customers all day long only to end up with a less than decent check. Hours are often very inconsistent
Decent place to work
Men's Department Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 November 2018
I did quite well here. Was able to go to work in suits every day and felt good. The money just wasn't enough. There is relative room for advancement but the company has been struggling the past few years.
Pros
relative job satisfaction
Cons
not enough money
Environnement de travail
Agent service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2018
Un endroit vraiment bien, compréhensif, belle atmosphère de travail
correct management is crucial
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax30 October 2018
loved my team at each store but i then found out i was very fortunate. Head office is terrible with communication and will never admit if they made a mistake. You have to go above your job description which is great for getting experience but terrible when you look at your pay and what you signed on for versus what is expected of you.
Pros
opportunity for advacnement
Cons
head office is a complete mess
Great workplace for students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2018
They are very flexible with scheduling, and its a fun environment to work in! They also recognize hard work and promote within. Their open door policy makes for a very comfortable environment.
Pros
Management, open door policy
Cons
wages are low
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2018
A typical day at work includes working with awesome people, being taught by knowledgeable co-workers and welcomed into a great and fun job culture.
It also teaches you the skills and background foundation to develop your sales skills for future endeavours.
Fun retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 October 2018
was here for co-op, had a nice employee discount. Staff was always helpful and kind. Mall hours so you would not be there past 930, was fun helping customers find items
Pros
discount for employees
Cons
A nice place to work, with great discounts and job advancement
Junior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 September 2018
Le Chaeau gave me the opportunity to develop skills and talents that I did, but also didnt know I had. After 3 months as a sales associate, I was promoted to Keyholder/Junior Assistant Manager, where I got the opportunity to showcase my leadership abilities and aided the manager with interviewing and training and development. I had a great store manager, which made the workplace culture enjoyable, however, I cannot say the same for our district manager.
In addition, Le Chateau's employee discounts are very generous compared to many other retail companies that I've worked for.
I believe the most challenging thing would be meeting store sales, during low season times, which is usually from September to November, and then mid January to March.
Pros
great opportunities for job advancement, great employee discounts, had an amazing store manager
Cons
repetitive work which gets boring after a while, upper management can use work

Want to know more about Le Chateau Inc?

Ask a question
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 September 2018
Overall had a good experience with this job but most management is awful - in my brief experience. Since clothing is expensive, customers can be rude/easily become frustrated - especially when there is no return policy.
Pros
good discount
Cons
bad management
Horrible management
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
TOXIC/CATTY COWORKERS. Before I started I chatted with an employee about advancement and how she worked there for a long time but wasn't given a room for advancement, at first I was like, it's okay we'll both get to it. And boy, was I wrong. This job has the most cliques than any other places I worked with.. This is not HS. And clearly, there's no room for advancement. You're stuck being an associate there.

if you plan on working here goodluck! look out for their merchandising associate who never smiles, unfair treatment, lazy keyholders and just back stabbers people in general.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Catty coworkers
Over all review
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 July 2018
While it was fairly stress free and easy to maintain store cleanliness and stock levels, it became quite competitive individually instead of working together as a team to treat each customer fairly due to the commission attached to each sale.
Kinda boring but great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 June 2018
nice coworkers that make the day go by quickly. expected to buy new clothes every season so you could spend up to $200 for new outfits every two months.
The castle
Mens Fashion Coordinating Expert (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 June 2018
This job was pretty good. Although, the model followed a very corporate example of managment and expectations from employees. Which is to Saul, they didn’t care about how we were treated or about the things we had to put up with. As long as you sold your quota, they didn’t care. If you didn’t sell your quote, you were reprimanded. Which made for a frustrating experience when’s you’re relegated to men’s fashion in a store that caters 90% of its marketing to women.
great management and co workers!
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 June 2018
at the outlet store, that is now closed, we had a great team and were consistent with our daily sales goals. would recommend working for le chateau, not just because the discount is amazing but because there is flexibility to transfer to other stores and float around if other stores need extras help.
Pros
discount!!
Cons
short hours for part time
Productive, fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2018
Working as an employee in Le Chateau has been a fun experience for me in the beginning, typical workings days are usually mild, not too busy as other well known companies. I've learned to communicate with other effectively. Management has always been fair. Hardest part of the job is when it's 10 minutes till closing and there's still 20 people in the store, and you're expected to have the store to be spotless. Most enjoyable part is working with co workers you enjoy to be with.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Nothing really
Very success driven
Sales associate, Stock Expert, Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2018
I can say a lot of great things about this company however, unfortunately my experience was very difficulty with managers that do not listen to questions nor concerns.
Pros
diverse working environment
Cons
Not respected as an employee
No room to grow within company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London16 May 2018
People who had dedicated years of their lives to the company, in most cases never had the opportunity to move up. As a part of management, you ended up working multiple job titles but were never compensated with an increased wage or proper title. Upper management had unrealistic goals for store level management and never used in-store advice to make better decisions. I would attribute this ignorance to part of the reason they are struggling as a company today.
Dont do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
For the love of god dont do it. I did it for a year. By far the most toxic enviornment you will ever walk into. You will regret it. Long days sometimes no breaks and if its dead you get in trouble for not making sales targets
DONT
DO
IT
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long days. No staff. Few breaks. Horrible leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Chateau Inc. Our community is ready to answer.