LCBO Employee Reviews

Atmosphere is like high school
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON23 December 2017
The job itself is enjoyable and fast paced. Some of the management team love to gossip and pick lazy employees as a favorite. Too much drama and gossip. I shut my mouth and work hard, and other employees don't like that because they don't do anything at all. No benefits, no full time, probational period is 400 hrs. If you stay for 15+ years, you MAY be full time with benefits. With minimum wage going up to $15, you might as well work anywhere else without the drama.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Getting calls waking you up before your shift to extend it
Productive, energetic, and fun workplace.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON22 December 2017
LCBO has been an amazing place to be employed. The people are amazing and working for the government has its benefits. Abiet, because it is a government job there are issues of seniority, job security, and hours of work.
Crew
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Picton, ON20 December 2017
All the staff in Picton are amazing!!!
Wish I was staying on with them :(
I will tell my family and friends to apply at the LCBO!
I will miss my coworkers, Hopefully I will see them in the summer!
Great Part Time Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 December 2017
I was hired on for the holidays, and learn more every day. The people I work with are patient, friendly, and know their stuff.
The job isn't hard on your body, and the shifts fly by.
The only negative I can think of is the time I've heard it takes to get in full time.
Pros
Product training/tasting. Great learning experience.
Cons
Hard to get full time.
very good place to work and great company to work for
Wearhouse order picking (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 December 2017
A typical day at the LCBO Warehouse was filling out orders for restaurants, weddings etc....

I learned that the customer is always right.

The manager was great he was really awesome to work with.

It was a great work environment.

Finding where witch exact bottle is was a little challenging at first but with time and great co-workers I was able to find them within no time.

Most enjoyable part of the day was getting the customer exactly what they asked for.
Good Seasonal Job
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2017
If you are looking to make extra money during the summer or the holidays than this is a great place. Good hours and my co workers were fine. Never had a bad experience with a customer. I was a seasonal employee so I don't know what its like to show up there everyday for years, just worked there for 6 weeks and it was fun.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 November 2017
The management was very assertive as well but fair which is expected in management. I would cash out customers as well as maintain the store and put stock away
Pros
government job
Cons
minimum wage
filthy
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 November 2017
management will run that place into privatization due to harassment and terrible treatment of workers
place is dirty
cobwebs
inches thick, black dust
Pros
benefits, livable salary
Cons
harassment from management worked like slave
Money is good
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisburg, ON14 November 2017
Enjoy dealing with the public, value employee, challenge situation everyday, customer service, product knowledge, management needs improvement, scheduling is not regular, enjoy the colleagues working with, a lot of lifting and hard on the body, Health & Safety Rep.,workplace monthly reports I do.
Productive fast paced ennvironment
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 November 2017
Long hours, 6 days a week. Part time pay with full time hours and no benefits.
Worked with some amazing managers, and some great staff.
Very physical work, and sometimes not the friendliest customers.
Overall its a nice place to work but the work/family balance is terrible.
Nice small store and conveniantly located
Law Clerk Litigation (Former Employee) –  new hamburg, ont8 November 2017
Enjoyed working with the public, friendly co-workers. Learned about inventory and stacking shelfs...flexable comfortable hours...fast paced at times with is what i prefer!
Pros
comfortable enviorment
Cons
no cons
Not a great place to work any more
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON3 November 2017
Some of the worst managers I have ever worked for are at the lcbo. Pick favourites who tend to be the laziest most Unreliable! Work 7 days a week and still don't get 40 hours. You are expected to be available for call in
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Can't get full time until you spend 15 years as a casual
management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 October 2017
The store I work in the management is very poor. Manager doesn't know how to schedule and all the time calling staff the same day to come for work. he thinks people have no life. assistant manager is all the time seating in office and not helping staff on floor. useless management. no good shift leaders in the store all the time seating in office and chatting on phones.

Unbelievable who hires them???
Pros
good wage
Cons
poor management
Great job in theory but too many bosses
Retail Cash and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2017
Great training but it's not utilized in the workplace
Not a difficult job but management makes your life difficult if you make mistakes
Can't get enough hours in one store so have to travel all over to make enough money to survive.
Not a long term job.
Cons
precarious work hours
Meeting new people
Cashier and Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spanish, ON10 October 2017
Short shifts of stalking shelves and serving customers
Went through many hours for training and product knowledge courses during off shifts.
Working with the LCBO team was a great work experience.
Pros
Paid for training time on off work days
Cons
Many hours of online training
Solid Job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 October 2017
Very organized, strong union, and good pay. The strong union means good pay and benefits, but also often means a very political work culture. Also, seniority rules, meaning being a better worker doesn't really help advancement and recompense, but merely being there longer promises these things.
Pros
Product Knowledge/Learning
Cons
Highly Political
Amazing job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
I loved working at the Lcbo, it was a great seasonal job and have been lucky enough to learn and take so much from! We had Christmas lunch together had amazing conversations and I got great training!
Pros
Free lunch on busy days, training
Cons
Sometimes drunk people
Government regulated liquor store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
Easy semi-relaxed job with certain areas taken very seriously, such as selling to underage people. Was on fixed contract but there was a chance to move to part time afterwards.
Null
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
We love to help our customers and are very knowledgeable! Hardest part is dealing with customers who are intoxicated. Most enjoyable part of this job is learning new items.
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 September 2017
I would typically do cash, returns, customer service. I had also done some stocking. which would be putting away bottles cans of alcohol. I enjoyed working on cash at the job, meeting new people.