LCBO Employee Reviews

A lot of mistreatment from some in charge, nothing done about it if you bring it to anyone’s attention...
LCBO CSR (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON24 February 2018
Customers are great, coworkers constantly backstab each other, like being in high school all over again, don’t try and fit in, work hard...because you will earn every penny of the wage. Watch out for some shift leaders...they have their buddies. You are the scapegoat...you do the work. They and their buddies do not work..or do minimum. Watch your back
Pros
Usually nice ppl come into the store
Cons
Watch your back. Always someone wanted to shove a knife in it
A well established company oriented to social responsibility and safety
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Streetsville, ON19 February 2018
Cashier teller is most of the work starting out. Stocking shelves and Facing-up product, a bit of customer inter-action as you learn more about the products. Management and co-worker are helpfull and supportive in all tasks. There is a big health and safety culture in this work place as well as social responsibility.
Hard Psychical Labour
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2018
I was hired as seasonal staff to build skids for deliveries. I got injured on the job and the management was very accommodating to this and transferred me to lighter duties.
Productivity with learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2018
This is one of my best corporate experience so far. Energy in the store always tells you how fun goes here. Will be excited to go to store if i had a chance again.
fun place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
I only worked here for a summer position, I was offered a permanent job after the summer was over but i had a better job offer. The only downfall i can think of to lcbo is that you must be available all the time - including every single Friday,Saturday and Sunday.
Love it
SEASONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 January 2018
My experience at the LCBO was amazing. I just worked there for the summer but I met some really amazing people that I still call friends to this day. Everyone is so welcoming and come on, all you do is talk about liquor, who doesn't love that?
Pros
Life-long friends, further education on alcohol
Cons
Can sometimes be very slow
Fun and amazing work enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario28 January 2018
Management was amazing very easy to talk to and understandable.
Work would go by with ease because everyone was amazing to work with.
Great at training and have no problem helping to make it easier for the new trainee
Pros
great people
very productive
Customer Service (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Whitby Harbour, ON26 January 2018
I work only for a short period of time so not much to discover only they are customer service centered for their customers. management are very helpful
Great People to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2018
Energetic work environment and great atmosphere. Just not enough hours for full time consideration. Awesome people to work with that make the shifts fly by.
Starts at low wage.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
Expect to be a casual for some time. Good people to work with. Customers can sometimes be a bit much. Need product knowledge. Expect low hours to start.
Okay work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2018
Supervisors very busy, seasonal work, various start times, full time staff not very helpful/friendly for the most part, easy work if you want to stay on register
Fun workplace with Staff and customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
- Open up the store around 8am.
- Set up tills and count safe.
- Set up the days work plan/ staff breaks.
- Send off what we need for products.
- Unlock the doors and open up the store for the public.
- Most enjoyable is helping customers out with what they need.
Cool job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2018
A lot of the older staff were grumpy and weird
Overall friendly people
But very professional
It's a nice place to work just expect to have boring shifts
Pros
Drinks on the job friendly staff
Cons
Not
Each day was a new experience
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Callander, ON19 January 2018
Busy and eventful.Always lots to do,either stocking shelves, working in the warehouse, receiving deliveries, serving customers. Learned many things, product knowledge, ordering, applications on computer that had to be done on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, was also Safety Rep for the store. Store manager was always very helpful and always worked right along side of you.She taught me many things, was always looked at you as an individual. The hardest part of the job was irate/intoxicated customers.Also never really knowing if you were going to have 4 hours for the week or 40. Also never knew when someone else with more seniority would come in and bump you which meant less hours. What i enjoyed most about the job was the women that I worked with were hardworking and easy to get along with. I did enjoy most customers.
Lcbo
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 January 2018
A typical day at work is mainly cash handling, and warehouse to floor work. I also am a shift leader a few times a week, leading a team of 5-10 people. I have learned conflict resolution, time management, how to interact with customers, and organizational skills. My manager and I have a great work relationship, he is very understanding and not a micro manager. The hardest part of the job is making sure that you are sensitive to everyone's needs and emotions. My fellow employees make this job very enjoyable.
Pros
Pay Wage
Cons
takes 10 plus years to gain full-time and benefits
Fun work and usually good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
It's fun to work at LCBO stores if you have a good manager and good coworkers. You get to learn a lot about alcohol in your role as CSR. More input as to which store you get placed would be nice.
good people and mangement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
helping customers, cleaning of the store, operating cash register and learning about all the products.
There is a lot of things to learn working at the LCBO.
Great Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Union Job, great pay, benefits have not been an option for me. Management trained, unfortunately if hired from outside union not familiar with all union rules.
enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 January 2018
fun and upbeat work environment, very fast pace a lot of great people working there location is great the customers are fantastic lots of products from around the world
Fast-paced environment, good management, challenging, creative, enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Great place to work with many opportunities to work in various locations in Ontario. Great management, learning opportunities, great staff, excellent in-store product promotions.
Pros
Great people, nice working environment
Cons
hours vary, pay varies, benefits vary