Lawtons Drugs

Lawtons Drugs Employee Reviews

Canada116 reviews
Keeps you Busy
Working in the pharmacy at Lawtons for about a year now has taught me many thing. You need to be able to manage your time to make sure that you get your work done, while working with your coworkers to make sure they are able to finish their tasks.
The customers are our priority, and we spend our days working to make sure that they are happy and healthy, especially now during the COVID-19 time that we are living in.
Terrible culture
So, where to begin, well, the store manager considers all of her workers friends and most don’t care for her. Apparently if you work enough you have to get benefits, so it turns into a cat and mouse game of you picking up hours early in the week, when they need people, only to be sent home by having your shifts cut short towards the end of the week. The only onsite activity they had was a dietian telling us to buy compliment products.

Wouldn’t recommend, you’ll hate the company by the time you leave.
Way Better than other Retailers
Worked at Lawtons for roughly 8 years. I enjoyed my time there and met many great people during that time. It was one of the best retail jobs I have ever worked.
Enriched work culture
You will get a great experience of customer service and other important skills. It is a good start to get your career going. I would definitely recomment somebody to join lawtons.
Good place to work!
Easy to work with staff, very friendly. Hours are flexible although starting pay is minimum wage as a cashier. Overall, good entry level job when first entering the work force.
Awful
Awful management... had to leave work “sick” because of anxiety due to how the management made me feel. Yelling and manic behaviour. Nothing to do but will get upset when you are doing nothing. I could go on
Very focused on customer service
I ABSOLUTLY loved working in the cosmetic section I just wished I could have elegible for benefits. Great company to work for. I enjoyed helping clients in their day to day skin/cosmetic needs
The work was okay, but management really needed some improvement.
Overall okay place to work, management did not have training to be a manager so fell a little short there and caused some confusion in the department, felt more competitive than cooperative.
lots of bullying and poor management.
inconsistant disciplinary action and unprofessionalism. Personal information gets spread around work place environment, hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated, seniority gets special treatment, although they truly value none of their workers.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no direction, no sense of self achievement, no consistent systems
It was a learning experience
I made a lot of friends and found some very great people but the management was bad and I found myself in the middle of a very ugly situation where the managers would bully a few people below them. It was messy.

With the right people, it can be very rewarding and fun, and for a lot of it I really enjoyed the day to day with regular customers and my coworkers.

But, also the outfits are horrible. Those shirts are the least wearable work uniform I've had.
Good place to work if you like people and working quickly
Very fast paced, must be good at conflict resolution and dealing with difficult customers, if you enjoy working in a faced paced environment you'll probably like it here.
Lawtons was a wonderful place to work in my opinion, I loved getting to know the regular customers and the staff were the best group to work with. Overall this Lawtoms location was a great place to work.
Best Retail Environment I've Ever Worked In.
It's rare to go into a new retail setting and actually like every single coworker as an individual. Management is younger, yet professional, flexible, and understanding.
Pros
Healthy and supportive work environment, schedule flexibility if you give notice, some room for career growth.
Cons
Raises do not reflect the level of responsibility given to you. This is a critique of corporate, not my store.
Workplace moral not great
The store I worked in was typically busy and understaffed. After being there for 7+ years the rate of pay was low compared to a higher starting pay at McDonald’s. Little to no appreciation. Motivation and incentives lacked big time. Issues were dealt with unprofessionally and there was little confidentiality. Most coworkers were great, which made the shifts bearable.
Awesome atmosphere
Great staff to work with
Fun and easy going work place

Management easy to talk to

Pay could be a little more considering responsibility

It’s not a set schedule so planning can be a little hectic with family life
Unsafe place to work
Sexually assaulted by a customer, nothing was done about it. Customer lit her hair on fire wanting to kill herself in the store. Rough area,STRESSFUL!
Excellent
Loved working at Lawtons drugs. Flexible scheduling, room for advancement and benefits, I became a shift supervisor within a few months, then later became assistant manager. great place to work. Really enjoyed it there
Great people to work with.
I really enjoyed my time working at Lawtons. The people were great and I loved my job.
Really great place to work
I’ve worked here for almost 2 years at the beauty counter and it is one of my favourite jobs that I have worked. I enjoy the work, the staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to help co workers and customers alike.

I think my only issues are the very small amount of hours available to part time employees.
Pros
Great staff, nice location, lots of items, staff discount
Cons
Busy at times, customers can be a handful
Interesting and easygoing
Honestly, some of my best stories to tell are from working at Lawtons. All kinds of stuff happen every time I am there! Working retail can be fun and the people who I work with are amazing!
Excellent Services
Excellent Services provided. Very good employees and understandable manager. Clean environment and people are very easy to talk to. Well trained supervisors
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawtons Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.