Lawtons Drugs Employee Reviews

Clean and leisurely work environment
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB13 February 2018
Working at Lawton's, I had a clean workplace environment and I worked alongside some fascinating people with various stories and backgrounds. I gained a lot of experience dealing with the public.
Fun workplace with good management
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 February 2018
Workplace is a good environment with friendly customers and good management in place. The hardest part of the job is sometimes working extra long weeks in order to get stuff done due to short staff.
Fun place
Store Supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 February 2018
Staff were amazing it was a fun job never a dull moment management was great and they treated staff well. Very appreciative of their staff and showed a lot of respect
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low pay
fairly good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Waterford, NS28 January 2018
very busy pharmacies , fast paced yet enjoyable. Close relationship with our clients . Great people whom I would go above and beyond in order to help .
decent workplace
cashier and customer assistance (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 January 2018
Overall it wasn't the worst job experience. I did enjoy most of the staff and found everyone for the most part was helpful and understanding. More or less a fantastic work place.
N/a
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 December 2017
I was only working there a short time as a part of completing my education. I have very little to say about working there. I wouldn't recommend it as a placement to another student.
A very nice place to work
Home Health Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS6 November 2017
I worked here part time as my youngest child was just a toddler at the time and my partner worked out of the province.

The management and staff were very friendly and supportive and they treated me like family. I would highly recommend this job to anyone as they are a very good company to work for.
Pros
Company discount card
Cons
Lots of nights for part timers
Great workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 October 2017
Great employees and supervisors are awesome really enjoyed the customer service of working here and helping people get there everyday essential needs!
good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS21 September 2017
Start with getting cash trays and lotto ready for cashiers , designate jobs to employees, get deposit ready, make signs, check what is coming up on sale, help where needed, be able to solve problems
Learned to price file, place orders, provide great customer service,do planagrams,receive stock, management provided help when needed and staff had good morale.Hardest part was a lot of multitasking because of few staff, but always got done.Most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
good hours, helpful co-workers
Cons
salary not enough
Have nothing good to say about working for lawtons
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 September 2017
This place was the worst place of employement for me .. my cosmetic manager was very two faced and never spoke about me kindly . Did not treat me with any respect. Would talk about me to other employees on the floor . I worked as a beauty advisor. I ended up having to call human resources on her . I was to the point where I had to force myself to go there everyday until I found other employment..But it honestly made things worse lol . I would not recommend working for Lawson's ... pay is terrible for all the tasks u do as a cosmetician. And the employee discount is no better lol
Pros
No pros
Productive workplace
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 September 2017
Friendly staff, nice area to work in. My boss is reasonable and amazing to work for. Been working for lawtons for 7 years and I love it. It was a big change for me.
Pros
Excellent staff, awesome boss
Cons
Bad pay and bad drive in winter
One of my favourite jobs To date!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 September 2017
Working at lawtons was on of my favourite jobs. The environment was always positive, the management cared about you as an individual. There was company Christmas parties. The ceo would visit from time to time and chat with the employees. It was a great experience
Lawtons Bayers Road
Cashier/shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 August 2017
Cashier, sales floor and supervising
I learned how to process the daily functions in a cash office
Management was very willing to provide training
Culture there was a team
Processing/blancing other cashiers daily cash drawers
Enjoyable was meeting and assisting the customers
Pros
Discount
Cons
None that I can think of
Nice place, lots of skills but easy to take on.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Musquodoboit Harbour, NS20 June 2017
I worked at a small Lawtons and it was an easy job, not really exciting but close to home and the people were nice. The store had plenty of things to do but late at night it tended to be long and boring. Overall it was nice.
Pros
Good atmosphere with things to do
Cons
Boring around the end of the day
Fast pace and detail oriented.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS10 April 2017
Show up. Work hard. Over time is going to happen. Day doesn't end until work is done. Staff are a tight knit bunch. Be prepared to work past your designated shift.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Could be long hours depending on the day.
Mediocre job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS28 February 2017
Job was alright but wage did not reflect on how many responsibilities given to the employee, basically an assistant manager with the pay of a slightly experienced cashier.
Fast paced but filled with gossip
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
The customers and the actual job part of working here was pretty good. Fast paced and busy with lots of customer service. But dealing with coworkers that mostly want to talk behind each other's back is stressful and makes it hard to put in 100% at the actual job.
Great place to work.
Supervisor Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS15 January 2017
The hardest part of the job would be to deal with unsatisfied customers. With my skills, I am able to easily problem solve quickly and resolve issues.
Excellent, relaxed job
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 January 2017
I sold lotto as well as regular provisions. I learned a lot about the work force, time management, prioritizing tasks, and working with management as part of a team.
Home Health Care
Home Health care Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 December 2016
I enjoy my position but the wage is horrible for the job. The record keeping for personal information is not good. I am not impressed with having patient files unlocked.