Lawrence Merchandising

Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

They don’t pay mileage or drive time . They exploit their employees. Minimum wage . The job is a scam. Cheap company with no direction . More driving than working. Time all for free
Pros
Nothing, job not well layed out, expect too much driving free from employees ..........
Cons
Above .....please see above
I enjoy working for LMS. Hours vary depending on the time of year and a person's ability to travel.Typically, once you have been trained for a specific type of service call, you can earn bonuses completing the same service outside of your dedicated area. You can select to be a dedicated rep for a service so that routine calls are automatically assigned to you. Otherwise, you can accept or decline opportunities that LMS sends you via the work app installed on your smartphone.The flexibility of hours is great; I like that most of the work can be completed any time from 8 am to 6 pm within two/three day or weekly time ranges.
Pros
Travel bonuses, extremely flexible hours
Cons
Irregular part-time hours, but that is the nature of retail in general
It's great that you can make your own schedule but there wasn't enough hours for that to even be an issue. 10 hours a week is not hard to find the time for 🙄
the phone interview was great, the pay is good. working alone is great to do and meeting store manager and new coworkers if any and work when you want to work.
Pros
the pay and working alone
Cons
no travel mileage
I worked for this company for 12 years, and I was giving a one dollar raise only because minimum-wage went to $11 an hour. I went above and beyond, I was always available to cover other stores when needed especially during the holiday season! I submitted a duplicate picture by accident 3 times within 2 years, and they fired me!! The company would not even let me send in the correct picture for my work. Currently after 6 months, they can’t even fill the position to cover stores, and they haven’t since March 13 because nobody wants to work for this company. They will make you drive 15 miles with no gas mileage for certain jobs. Your car will take a lot of wear and tear. The managers I dealt with at Target loves my work and miss me to this day. I kept a in touch and their displays look awful now. It’s a shame they don’t know when they have someone as sedans I was. NEVER did they get a bad review on me from any store manager.
Pros
Make your own hours.
Cons
Low pay and your car will wear out driving to various stores.
Great job for someone that can work independently, follow pogs, and scheduling autonomously! I am able to pick the stores I want to go to and have become the dedicated rep for them. Am sometimes offered bonuses to travel to stores outside of my area. You can choose them if you’d like. Choose your routes carefully as you do not get paid mileage only for travel between stores. Overall good part time gig for someone that enjoys marketing and merchandising but doesn’t want the hustle of working for one Corp retailer
Pros
Flexibility, freedom, independence. Able to pick up routes as you desire.
Cons
Pay, wear and tear on vehicle. No mileage pay but you get paid for time to travel between stores
Covid prevented work so didn't get to do much. It was pretty easy. Just go in, talk to management, get the back stock of cards and fill the display. Order stuff that is empty.
Pros
Pick time
Cons
Not much work
Job variety and flexibility is very good. Instructions to do the job are also very good. Way too much driving between locations to not be paid for it. Or essentially not paid for it. Only to keep you from going below the minimum wage. Wear and tear on car essentially means you are working for a couple bucks an hour, maybe. Not the $10 or so they pay. I am also going through a lot of ink as well. Could mean I am working for free when it all is taken into consideration.
Pros
Flexibilty, detailed instructions
Cons
Wages. No pay for mileage, which can be excessive. Essentially no pay for travel time, which can also be excessive and the way to that the gbOften not enough time time to get the job done, at least as it should be.
It's an ok company to work for. There were not many hours for my location. For most projects you can set your own hours. I didn't like the wait time when waiting on a manager to show up. Good travel incentive when you have to travel far away.
Pros
set own hours
Cons
not enough hours
This job really isn't worth the time, energy, or effort. You have jobs, which are considered calls, and you only have either 1 hour 45 minutes, 1 hour 55 minutes, or 45 minutes to complete. And that's all. You start out at $10.00 a hour and end at $10.00 a hour. There's so much merchandise to put out and they expect it to be done in a short amount of time. Management is very unprofessional. You'll end up with a check every week between $50.00 and $90.00, if that much. Trust me, it's not worth it. You'll be better off doing Uber/Lyft.
Pros
Cons
No hours, poor management, very little pay.
Job offered flexible hours you choose off the website. Many jobs with a variety of work. Drive your own car each day. Variety of people makes the job interesting.
Pros
Variety each day
Cons
Part time work
Great for people that need a lot of flexibility. There is not really any training involved so if you are not a self starter this is not the company for you.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough work
I enjoy accomplishments. I step back and have pride in doing my work. I can see that I do my work right. I am technically able to follow instructions. I’m educated and get along with people. I am always on time. After getting my job I thank my management for being able n a team. This is one step towards another job opening. I learn fast, work efficiently and feel energized.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No insurance
Can work as little or as much as you want. Opportunities to travel with monetary travel incentives if desired. Questions answered in a timely manner.
Pros
Travel time paid if beyond general area
Cons
Sometimes the allotted time is not enough to complete job.
I The. Management is terrible I worked for 5 months and had 4 different supervisors. The last one was a joke. He claimed pictures were wrong until I finally said enough.The field supervisor is useless There are far better ways to earn money than to work for these guys
Pros
Cons
Extremely poor management
On the surface this looks like a great position, you can set your own schedule, paid benefits etc. After you start you find out this is not the case. Yes you can set your own schedule but with restrictions. You must work 40hrs per week, but you are not given the stores to do this and then you need to justify why you didn't work 40hrs when you were not give 40hrs of stores to do. The company has benefits, that are terrible. They pay for them but they really cover nothing and are not worth it at all. And there is no option to increase the coverage levels or add even basic coverage for things like glasses/eyecare. They tell you they have retirement/ pension plans. Yes they do only for US employees. Not in Canada at all. The training they provide is good but once you are in the field you are not given the supplies you need to complete your stores. Management likes to micromanage everything that you do and claim they are always there to support you. Then when you are in a store looking for assistance they are not available to assist you.
Pros
Cons
management, benefits, micro management
I " ve been 12 years in Retail and merchandising fields, with bachelor degree, they dont treat thier employee well, rude and bad communication skills, especially. Thier southern CA office, they take advantage of you when they need you and then they treat you differently, I guess they need to reform and learn how to treat people equally!!!!..Not worth the money and wasting your time..
Pros
Non
Cons
jobs are always too short, not worth the commute. Wish the offered longer hours theyre way too short to get anywhere and you spend more on commute than youll be making.
Pros
independent
Cons
no training
After 5 years at LMS (and not ever receiving one), I requested a pay raise. I was told "no, the company was hurt too much during the pandemic". Then I learn that they're paying NEW HIRES MORE than what I make. (FYI, I have a college degree & 10 years in retail.) LMS does NOT pay a competitive salary.
Pros
Fairly flexible daily schedule
Cons
Poor pay, no allegiance to employees
The job and management team were exceptional The issue is there were not enough jobs in my area Also, the jobs are usually 2 hour shifts and no compensation for travel for the most part The jobs are all timed Employees need to work fast to get everything done The pay is poor for the most part
I worked during COVID-19 and didn't have a territory, so I always had at least 30 or longer to get to my first store. Now, I knew we got paid for mileage between stores, but I was doing more driving than working. I had to quit in two months for the wear and tear on my car and myself. But Lawrence is a good company to work with, as far as I could tell.