Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

If you love merchandising and love making your own schedule, apply here!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO20 August 2019
I love working for LMS! You are in control of your schedule - you choose the calls/jobs AND you decide when to do them. It's hard to get the work done in the time frame given sometimes, but if you work fast and try your hardest, you'll be fine. You develop a system and get better/faster with practice. Being honest in reporting and a self-starter is the key to success here!
Pros
You make your own schedule, variety
I really wanted it to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA18 August 2019
Some wks I'd work 8 hrs, some I'd work 32-40 plus hrs. There was no constant.
I broke a rib & couldn't drive to the store. Called Mgr crying & she said she needed Drs release. But I just needed a couple of days & I was fine. I had been praying about which company to work for & God answered me
So far so good.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO16 August 2019
I have been with LMS for about 6 weeks. I live in a large suburb in a major city and LMS always has many work opportunities less than 10 miles from my house. Unemployment is low so I make a decent wage. It helps to be tech savvy, you can find lots of helpful info on their online platform but you have to dig around for it. Some of the opportunities are stressful - you waste a lot of the time waiting for management or looking for product in back rooms while the clock ticks.
Easy Company to Get Paid for Not Working!
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL14 August 2019
I wanted a job that I could get paid to do nothing. I had been searching my entire life for a job like this where actual labor did not exist. I was lucky, because I found that job working for this company. I can’t tell you how many times I would walk in a store and front up a display, take a picture, and then walk out of that store. Then, in other situations if I was lucky, the job would be done for me and I got paid for work that was already done. The standards and culture for me to work for this company are pretty simple- I didn’t have any skills, Not a problem. I didn’t have any experience, Not a problem. I didn’t have any education, Not a problem. If I could just stand or sit down and then take a picture of work that looked was done even though nothing was done then I could do this job.
Not a bang for your buck! Loads of expectations without compensatation. Very low pay after extended employment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO13 August 2019
Worked for LMS for many years, as they got older and bigger they lost touch with the person on the front lines. I out lived many FSCs, Field Service Coordinates and many Target Team leads. It was a real revolving door with the management. You would put up with the bad ones, because you knew they would be short lived.
2019 - At the end of my employment the jobs had more demands, no support, no travel time, no mileage reimbursement. Just not completive with other Merchandising Companies. Didn't feel there was a bang for my buck any longer! Felt totally taken advantage of! They were bringing on new employees with a greater hourly wage.The 18 years I was employed I had one pay increase and it still didn't bring me to the level of pay I was with - with other companies. It was time to make a change...
Communication
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI12 August 2019
Trying to communicate with the manager and the store was quite difficult. Though I enjoyed the freedom it can be quite stressful. The company needs to work more with the store managers where you at merchandising. For example, the gift card changer over last year. I had store managers mad with me because I was just restocking, not to redo the layout. I was told this, but manger was informed wrong.
Fun and very flexable
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gloucester County, VA11 August 2019
Very flexible schedule, easy to work, pay was okay for the work. Nice to travel from store to store. Clear and understandable instructions with job ..
Overall good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NM9 August 2019
I liked working for the company. Manager was awesome!!! Not enough hours a week most weeks, and not enough pay, under $11 and hour.
I would recommend this company for someone juststarting out, or as a second job.
The only good thing about working here is you get to meet different people go to lots of different places to work.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA7 August 2019
Learning different types of jobs. Meeting different people. It’s a lot of driving with little compensation. No pay increase worked her for 3 yrs. never got a pay increase. No benefits
Ok place to work
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD5 August 2019
You are basically your own boss. Everything is done on line. If you have a problem you can call your supervisor for instructions. Some of the stores you service are in far away locations.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The Part-time Merchandiser position with our company is very much an independent and self-managed position. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules.

Hello,

Required training and reporting before and after a project versus the project itself is overkill. Nothing is what it seems.
FSR (Former Employee) –  Illinois2 August 2019
The job posting claimed $12-$15 per hour, 20 hours per week at my local Walmart (I live in a small town). It would have worked out perfect for me! Neither were true. Very few jobs. You are only as good as the last LMS rep that was there. Management doesn't call back in a timely fashion, nor send you supplies in time for your project. ALWAYS ask for a bonus if the project requires you to drive to another town. This is/was a big joke and not worth my time. I regret relying on this position.

Hello,
We really do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As a Part-Time Merchandiser with LMS, the hours and frequency will vary greatly throughout the year as retail generally does. In more remote areas there tends to be less retailers so, as you can imagine, there will be fewer merchandising services available. We strive to continually evaluate our current workforce in all areas prior to hiring additional merchandisers. We do strive to provide the most up to date and accurate project directives to our merchandisers through our online reporting system. As well as provide online video webinars, in-store training, and additional coaching for our Representatives for the more advanced and in-depth services.

Was a Good Part-Time Job for a While
PT Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Delaware29 July 2019
I've been working for Lawrence about four years and have been happy until now. The flexibility of the work offered is what sells me. Before I recently moved to a new state work was plenty. I've been here in my new state for four months and there is no work to be had and the little work that is offered (about 2 job opportunities) is given to others. I thought my experience with the company would help land more work, but I guess I thought wrong about that.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules. We strive to continually evaluate our current workforce in all areas prior to hiring additional merchandisers. As a Part-Time Merchandiser with LMS, the hours and frequency will vary greatly throughout the year as retail generally does

Flexible
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  United States24 July 2019
Good part time/ flexible job. Stressful because not enough time provided to complete tasks. Fast paced. Helpful manager. Could definitely do better with employee pay rate.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! As far as hourly rate, we are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Better training
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Texas22 July 2019
Would help to have one on one training not videos. Spent a lot of time wandering around trying to figure things out. When a 15 to 30 minute one on one training could have saved a lot of time. Paid $10 hour no mileage. It wouldn't even be profitable if you only worked in town. 15 to 45 minutes to work, maybe an hour every blue moon. You would need to accept many jobs most out of town to get a decent pay check. It just not worth it, because of the gas you using. Think about going 40 miles for a 45 minute job (remember you got to drive 40 miles back) The type of work (merchandising) I love but too many negatives. Low pay is #1. They were nice people though. Hard to get a hold to after 5. Left me frustrated a lot.
Pros
Could be a fun job. Very flexible
Cons
A lot

Hello,
We really do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As a Part-Time Merchandiser with LMS, the hours and frequency will vary greatly throughout the year as retail generally does. In more remote areas there tends to be less retailers so, as you can imagine, there will be fewer merchandising services available. The Part-time Merchandiser position with our company is very much an independent and self-managed position. We do strive to provide the most up to date and accurate project directives to our merchandisers through our online reporting system. As well as provide online video webinars, in-store training, and additional coaching for our Representatives for the more advanced and in-depth services. As far as hourly rate, we are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Very poor company
NOTHING (Former Employee) –  NOWHERE21 July 2019
This “company” says they pay competitively. They offered me $10/hr!!!!! They offered me, a 38yo with over two decades of experience in all aspects of retail, retail management, merchandising, resets and auditing $10/hr!!!
I was beyond insulted!!!!!
Pros
Cons
You name it

Hello,
In regards to the hourly rate, we are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Flexible schedule work on your own.
Floral Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX21 July 2019
I enjoyed working for Lawrence in my position but it was hard to get hours in as they don't pay drive time or mileage. The management was easy to work with once you understand the flow of things. My complaint is most of the employees don't care about there job much less the job they are doing. That kind of attitude is hard to work with

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working for LMS. As a Merchandiser with LMS, you are able to choose the locations that work for you. Each merchandiser is responsible for maintaining their own workflow and is accountable for actively logging into our reporting system to accept services that are conveniently located to them and that they are interested in completing.

A lot more difficult than expected.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bishop, CA18 July 2019
There are more aspects involved that some people may not realize. It’s not just hanging gift cards, sometimes you have to reset entire displays. Sometimes they don’t give you enough time to complete the assignment.

Hello,

This company doesn't deserve any stars!
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL10 July 2019
A typical day at work is not typical, since work on most days of the week are not available. I have learned that I was lied to about how flexible this job is....it is not flexible. My boss was useless and unreachable. I would call and leave messages on a voicemail multiple times during regular business hours and it's amazing how unavailable this boss is. The workplace culture is unreasonable. The hardest part of the job is walking into a store and seeing my scheduled work done and completed by a store associate. With such little work available in my city, I find it very unfair that I mostly got paid for five minutes of work, where I was scheduled for an hour or two hours of work. I can't find an enjoyable part of this job other than not working for this company any more. Quality of life improves once gone from this company.

Hello,
We really do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As a Part-Time Merchandiser with LMS, the hours and frequency will vary greatly throughout the year as retail generally does. Because our corporate office is located in Minnesota, we do understand communication throughout the country (within certain time zones) can be challenging and frustrating at times for our merchandisers out in the field. We strive to overcome these challenges by providing clear and concise information that is accessible within our online reporting system and is available to our merchandisers anywhere, at any time.

Enjoyable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK26 June 2019
Enjoying, and make your own schedule. You had projects that are different and it was nice to have something different to do. Very enjoyable and good company.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules. We are so glad that you enjoyed this position with LMS!

Very flexible and relaxed work environments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LA25 June 2019
Thankful for all training videos, the NI application, Human Resources, and my supervisor . This job is very flexible and laid back compared to other part time jobs I’ve had in the past thanks!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we really appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you enjoy your position with LMS!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.