Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

A lot more difficult than expected.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bishop, CA18 July 2019
There are more aspects involved that some people may not realize. It’s not just hanging gift cards, sometimes you have to reset entire displays. Sometimes they don’t give you enough time to complete the assignment.
This company doesn't deserve any stars!
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL10 July 2019
A typical day at work is not typical, since work on most days of the week are not available. I have learned that I was lied to about how flexible this job is....it is not flexible. My boss was useless and unreachable. I would call and leave messages on a voicemail multiple times during regular business hours and it's amazing how unavailable this boss is. The workplace culture is unreasonable. The hardest part of the job is walking into a store and seeing my scheduled work done and completed by a store associate. With such little work available in my city, I find it very unfair that I mostly got paid for five minutes of work, where I was scheduled for an hour or two hours of work. I can't find an enjoyable part of this job other than not working for this company any more. Quality of life improves once gone from this company.
Enjoyable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK26 June 2019
Enjoying, and make your own schedule. You had projects that are different and it was nice to have something different to do. Very enjoyable and good company.
Very flexible and relaxed work environments
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LA25 June 2019
Thankful for all training videos, the NI application, Human Resources, and my supervisor . This job is very flexible and laid back compared to other part time jobs I’ve had in the past thanks!
Reasonable PT Job, Not Longterm
Retail Field Representative/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TX11 June 2019
Pros:
Flexible Hours
Make your own schedule
Pick the jobs you want to do
Offers 401k (employer doesn't match though)
Quick response from management

Cons:
Low pay
No benefits
No forseeable raises or advancement
Travel time not paid
Unrealistic time expectations
Pros
Hours, schedule, communication
Cons
Pay, time expectations, no benefits

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules. Each merchandiser is responsible for maintaining their own workflow and is accountable for actively logging into our reporting system to accept services that are conveniently located to them and that they are interested in completing. We are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Worst mgmt and Horrible pay.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MI10 June 2019
This company isn't worth the time and effort, no Drive time, awful pay, barely minimum wage. Horrible mgmt that doesn't care and constant restructuring. Would never recommend.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Poor Pay; awful mgmt.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working for LMS. As a Merchandiser with LMS, you are able to choose the locations that work for you. Each merchandiser is responsible for maintaining their own workflow and is accountable for actively logging into our reporting system to accept services that are conveniently located to them and that they are interested in completing. We are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Good flexible hours
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NC26 May 2019
I’ve been working for Lawrence for almost a year. This has been a good job for me as a second income. It’s enjoyable work if you are VERY independent. Working with managers at big box stores a bit difficult. You’re told to build relationships with them but many of them don’t even want to deal with you. Making your own hours is great. Always bonus work available but you have to jump on it quickly. I find they are very fair with their compensation.
Lack of work and low pay make this a poor company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN22 May 2019
I worked for this company for 5 years. I have a college degree and always went above and beyond what was expected. I finally left when I found out new hires were making quite a bit more per hour than I was. I had requested a raise before leaving and was told they did not give raises so I turned in my letter of resignation. Also, if you are looking for several hours per week this is not the company for you. They lost many of their contracts since I began working there and I was down to approximately 5 hours per month by the time I left which is ridiculous.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay, very few hours, no mileage reimbursement

Hello,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. As far as hourly rate, we are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market and we do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options. The Part-time Retail Merchandiser position with our company is very much an independent and self-managed position. Each merchandiser is responsible for maintaining their own workflow and is accountable for actively logging into our reporting system to accept services. Because retail does fluctuate, we do understand that there could be times when no services are available to our workforce in certain areas. We are continuously striving to build our list of services and clients to provide a greater variety of work to our merchandisers out in the field.

Great Place to Work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO22 May 2019
People complain about the pay and no raises, all you have to do is ask and they will give you something. You can have 2 stores, you will have more opportunities if you live in a big city. You can ask for travel bonuses and you do get paid for mileage from store to store. You can ask for more training if you are struggling, call your FSC for help and support. Lots of Information and tips are under resources and opportunities.
Sometimes it puts food on the table.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CT11 May 2019
I needed a little extra money to make ends meet each month and for the last 8 years this fit the bill. My last manager was the worst though. She blocked me from opportunities and scheduling time that other reps got paid more for in other stores. She was inconsistent and demeaning. Since they’re the only ones you deal with for everything, it can be really challenging when you get one like I did. She’s gone now though. My new manager is fine and work has picked up, so that’s good. The best thing about this job is the flexibility of scheduling yourself. That’s priceless, and sometimes even outweighs the minimal pay and no raises. Definitely have to be a self-motivator though!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules. We are continually motivated to make improvements and adjustments throughout our processes, as LMS grows, to better meet the needs of our remote workforce. Because our corporate office is located in Minnesota, we do understand communication throughout the country (within certain time zones) can be challenging and frustrating at times for our merchandisers out in the field. We strive to overcome these challenges by providing clear and concise information that is accessible within our online reporting system and is available to our merchandisers anywhere, at any time.

Pay is poor however flexable ....Make your own schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Salina, KS5 May 2019
I enjoy the flexable hours if more hours were available and pay was decent I would leave my other job and do it full time. It's a good part time gig...
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules. As far as hourly rate, we are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Not worth it
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY26 April 2019
Never enough work. Might drive an hour for 5 minutes of work. I would end up losing money on jobs. Not enough opportunities for work and no real training.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too little work with considerable travel.

Hello,
We really do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. As a Part-Time Merchandiser with LMS, the hours and frequency will vary greatly throughout the year as retail generally does. In more remote areas there tends to be less retailers so, as you can imagine, there will be fewer merchandising services available. We strive to continually evaluate our current workforce in all areas prior to hiring additional merchandisers. The Part-time Merchandiser position with our company is very much an independent and self-managed position. We do strive to provide the most up to date and accurate project directives to our merchandisers through our online reporting system. As well as provide online video webinars, in-store training, and additional coaching for our Representatives for the more advanced and in-depth services.

Horrible!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TX and surrounding areas25 April 2019
The Worst place to work. NO MILEAGE OR REIMBURSEMENT. They take whatever employee makes the least money to do jobs with bonuses and keep others waiting in case they say no

Pay is awful! Dont count on an hourly wage as JOBS CAPPED AT 45 minutes for REGULAR visits. So with mileage put on you car and gas YOU pay for YOU ARE NOT MAKING MINIMUM WAGE!
Rude management. I put in a notice and management abruptly took me off schedule that day THEN asked me to complete the jobs they took away!
FYI... I completed all assignments after being removed!
Thank you LAWRENCE! You really know how to treat employees!
Pros
Cons
Capped jobs at 45 minutes, rude management, pay, hours

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working for LMS. Each merchandiser is responsible for maintaining their own workflow and is accountable for actively logging into our reporting system to accept services that are conveniently located to them and that they are interested in completing. We do encourage our merchandisers to stay close to home and choose only those services that make sense for them to complete. As far as hourly rate, we are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments when we are able to based on the market. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options.

Excellent place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK22 April 2019
This job works well with my full time job I have. When I first started I had 2 jobs and worked 30-40 hours per week. This job is very fexible with other jobs and I recommend it to anyone that needs extra money

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules. We are so glad that you have found this position to be a great fit as a way to supplement your current incomes streams.

Too much driving and you don't get paid for mileage, gas or time driving!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ14 April 2019
Pays minimum wage and you have to use your own vehicle to service their accounts and they don't compensate you for the use of your vehicle. Assignments are for 15 minutes-2 hours and as I say you are using your vehicle and not being paid for gas! When I can net more from a fast food restaurant, it just doesn't make sense to work for them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough money

Hello,

Fun, and collaborative place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX20 March 2019
I service the jewelry and sunglasses department for Target stores. I make sure the new shipments of jewelry and sunglasses are placed on the displays and in their proper places on the fixtures in the department. LMS is a good company to work for. It would be a great place to work if the compensation was better. The most enjoyable part of the job are the schematics (planograms) are easy to follow. The ability to be creative within the schematics guide is very enjoyable. Completing the transitions and regular service is a very satisfying feeling of a job well done. There is a great sense of accomplishment here. The instruction is clear and concise. You are given plenty of notice for larger upcoming special projects. The stores are easy to work with and supportive. It's enjoyable building a relationship over time. Management is only a phone call away if any issues arise. In my time with them (over a year) I rarely have issues. When I have had issues, I have found my management to be very supportive and they will work to help you solve them. There are always other opportunities in the system for other stores/tasks to complete. The schedule is flexible within your store schedule guideline. The hardest part of the job is there seems to be no raises even though you're doing a great job. If you are a creative self-starter and enjoy working on your own then this company is for you. Don't expect to be able to make a living from this job however. There aren't many hours and the pay is low. If the starting pay was better and raises given, I would have easily given this company 5 stars.
Pros
Supportive management, Great stores to work in
Cons
Low pay, No raises

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience working for LMS. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working for us in the Austin, TX area! We are regularly evaluating our payrates and making adjustments. We do offer a voluntary benefit package as well as 401K for benefit options. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy the flexibility of the position. Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Most of the time you choose when you complete the projects assigned to you. Although hours can vary greatly, our Part-Time Merchandisers have the ability to set up and maintain their own schedules giving them the ability to work this position around other existing schedules/commitments.

Good company to work for if you are looking for part-time work and pay.
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MN17 March 2019
The biggest negative I encountered was that there is no mileage reimbursement between jobs. In order to get more on my paycheck I had to take on jobs that were further out, but there is no pay for time or mileage between each job, even though I had to state travel time and miles driven in my job reporting. The tasks at each location were easy enough; however, some tasks are not able to be completed in the time listed. I was able to call and request more time at a job, sometimes I was given more. The management I worked with was friendly, responsive and accommodating to my requests. Overall, I would have to give them a "4", include travel time pay or mileage reimbursement and it would be a "5"! Thank you for reading.
Pros
Work hrs., schedule flexibility, easy tasks, good info. for tasks, prompt shipping for materials
Cons
No mlg. reimbursement or travel time pay.

Hello,

Never work for this company
Independent Coontractor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA16 March 2019
My jobs were 1 to 2 a year. This company doesn't have hiring standards, only paid when ever contractoy completes their job oe supposedly the 2nd Friday of every month. You can never reach help when you have a question.
Pros
Only pro is you can schedule your own time
Cons
All are listed above.
There is no reason why you'd want to take this job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South Carolina16 March 2019
If you don't expect to earn any money, this job is for you. There will be stretches of times (weeks) where there will be absolutely no jobs available, (yet they will still be posting job openings) and when some do come available, they are for 45 minutes and you have to drive a half hour to the store.
Communication with any company personnel including supervisors is virtually non existent. When you present issues that exist at a store, there is absolutely no follow up and if you perform a subsequent visit, the same issues still upexist.
Pros
Zero
Cons
No work, no management
Fun & flexible hours
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 March 2019
I am a teacher so I started this as a part-time job to help especially during the summer. I have a dedicated Target store that I service 2-3 times a week. I can pick up extra projects whenever I'm available. I worked extra during my 2 week Christmas break. I love how there is no weekend work & you can schedule your own hours. I was sick one week so management worked with me to move some calls until the next week. I've enjoyed it so far.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great part-time job
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.