LawnSavers Plant Health Care Inc.

LawnSavers Plant Health Care Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
I started off knowing nothing about the Industry and they nurtured me into a very able Technician who makes a very competitive salary and is still able to have great quality of life.

I am truly happy and they are very madame t about our personal and mental health and our safety.
Pros
Team building events. Family environment.
Cons
As always. Customers can be demanding. Not companies fault and they help resolve everything.
13 May 2019
We are happy, and our customers are happy when our team is happy! That's our philosophy and we try our hardest to make it happen. Yes we have lots of goals to achieve, hard work and challenges to overcome, but that's what makes any job fun and gratifying in the end. Thanks for being part of it all!
I started off here working outside, moved into Customer Service and Sales followed by working my way into a managerial role.
The company has a great reputation with customers and does what it takes to partner with them, educate, and get results.

We need more great people and the company has great career paths for growth for those people with desire and willingness to learn and grow.

The company has implemented a lot of great initiatives over the last many years in terms of medical, dental benefits, paid volunteer time, education assistance, RSP matching, business trips, awards, and a ton of daily weekly perks that make you feel part of something special.

The office is a very open environment that allows you to be exposed to lots of interesting facets of business outside of your specific role, whether its technical, finance, marketing, sales, service- there is always something that everyone is learning in order to be the best they can be!
Pros
Great people, rewarding environment
Cons
Seasons have high peak periods that can be crazy busy- but it all averages out
13 May 2019
Its probably even more gratifying for us at LawnSavers to see people grow, as well as plants!
No words can describe how much I enjoyed working at LawnSavers. They provide the necessary tools and training to succeed at my job as a customer service adviser. What is great about LawnSavers is they actually want you to excel at your job, and help you do it through training, incentives and other motivational tools.

LawnSavers is family run company, and has an amazing dynamic. It was a joy to come to work every day with everyone in a great mood. The company definitely has a positive environment. You really are a part of team there. The company does many team building activities, and lunches for events. Everyone is always willing to help out anyway they can. If you have any concerns, management is very approachable, and likes to hear feedback.

Working at LawnSavers allowed me to develop and learn new skills that I never thought I could. I highly recommend working at LawnSavers!!!
6 May 2019
Thanks for the great feedback! We enjoyed having you on our team. Good luck with med school!!
Worked for LawnSavers Plant Health Care Inc. as a seasonal lawn care technician during the summer. Early starts, get to work individually. Lots of hands on learning experiences and opportunities (I now know a lot more than I've ever wished about lawn care). Management and team of employees is great, they all care, are supportive and willing to help. Monthly BBQs and social events to bring together technicians and sales representatives to encourage a team based environment.
Pros
Good pay, work individually
Cons
Long, hard hours
6 May 2019
So nice to receive your positive feedback about all the things we try to do here to make everyone feel welcome, intellectually challenged, customer-focused and an important part of the team!!
Worked here for the summer while home from University. Wonderful workplace environment and amazing people; it felt like we were one big team!
Learning curve of office policies + things you should know is somewhat steep but enough training is provided and from then on everything is quite easy and even fun!

Most likely will be returning whenever I am in the area :)
6 May 2019
Glad to have you on our team. We can only achieve great things with great people like you. Thanks for the great feedback!
The company has formed an amazing culture. Typical work days begin early but can end early depending on the work pace you want to work at. Management and training are superb as they are always there to help you further your skills to advance your knowledge within the company. There are many opportunities available and management will help you achieve them if interested. If you are a person that wants to form a career with a growing company LawnSavers is the place to be.
Pros
good benefits, management, culture, opportunities
Cons
Early days, hard labour
6 May 2019
Thank you. Culture is important to us, so that we all can enjoy our tie together taking care of customers and making the world a little greener every day! Make sure you tell some friend because we are in need of more great people to help us all grow!
I have worked here for a couple of years now. They have shown their willingness to train and have lots of room for development. They offer competitive wages and offer ways for you to earn more!
Pros
Great cukture, Team BBQ's
Cons
have to work the odd saturday
6 May 2019
Thanks for the feedback Mate! We enjoy having you grow with us. We look forward to seeing you grow more and more each year, and not just your paycheque!
worked here for a few years now, started with no lawn care experience at all and expected to be overwhelmed. training was thorough and i got conformable enough to go out on my own. found ways to be more efficient with experience and lots of ways that got me extra bonuses (which accounted for roughly 25% of my paychecks). as long as i completed what was required i could have stayed out as long as i wanted to make more money, or come back for a pretty early day.
Pros
work independently, good pay with lots of bonuses
Cons
physically exhausting at times, very early start time 7am
Did lots of work as a team or even single jobs. Had lots of good times meeting costomers and always willing to go the extra step.open to us when we were feeling down and confused
6 May 2019
You're Darn right! No fun working anywhere if it isn't happy and positive. No 'Negative Nellies' allowed here!
What makes you stay here is that our motto of Make em say WOW, really applies throughout the organization. No company is perfect, but if something needs to be improved around here, we're on it fast. There is no pretense, its casual but also demanding and hard work. Lots of fun competitions etc. and tons of autonomy.
Plus its one of the few companies in this industry that provides a full time career AND Benefits which are important to me and my family.

Comapny practices what they preach by keeping indoor and outdoor employees feeling they are one team altogether!
Pros
Working outside, BBQ's good people to talk with.
Cons
Weather is sometimes a pain
6 May 2019
Although we will hire the best of the best in students. This company operates year round with a warm season and cool season business of Christmas decorating and lighting. We welcome career minded people looking for a long term opportunity to grow
Long days with heavy workloads, but you are on your own route so you pick your own pace of working. It's very draining but you have tons of opportunities to make extra money.
Pros
can choose your own pace
Cons
long hours, hard work
6 May 2019
I'm glad you enjoyed the Ping Pong Table. I hope you are not upset that I let you beat me!
We also have new trucks and tons of up to date equipment to make your days easier and less strenuous. We believe in automation and using technology wherever possible so that it gives you more time to take care of the customer! And like you said, you get to earn extra money over and above your salary. Who doesn't love incentives?!