Law Society of British Columbia

Law Society of British Columbia Employee Reviews

The schedule is generally set to specific hours. Overtime is not welcome and won't be encouraged. I've learned that there is little to no room for growth within the company. The staff is generally friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is lack of any sort of incentives to work harder/longer as it is non-for-profit organization. Regardless whether you work very hard or you barely get anything done, at the end of the day you get rewarded all the same. The best part of the job is the rewarding nature of the job, meaning that you get to do something meaningful, even if you are only a tiny sprocket of the greater mechanism.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
A typical day at work: carry on with preparing for the next PLTC program or event. What I learned: more about the self governing practice of the legal field in BC and the process of becoming a lawyer in BC. Workplace culture: there are lots of staff events, including staff appreciation, and volunteer work is encouraged.
Pros
Lots of staff activities
Cons
Communication to staff could be improved
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Law Society of British Columbia?