Laurier Optical Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

fun workplace, learned a lot
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2019
it a very fine place to work the manager is a very sweet lady learned a lot regarding sales & buissness . friendly environment i am currently looking for jobs in health or retail related sectors for a better future
Great customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 October 2018
I learned many customer service skills, how to deal with different types of people and how to make them happy.
Management was somewhat disrespectful but did want me to be my best.
The hardest part was to please every customer, with a somewhat disorganized system.
I really enjoyed meeting new people, to hear their stories and make their time at Laurier Optical an unforgettable one.
Belleville Review
Sales Associate/Opticican (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 November 2016
Obviously many of the previous reviews have not had the pleasure of working in the Belleville location. I have worked for Laurier Optical for the last 16 years and have been treated with nothing but courtesy and respect. The working environment in the Belleville location is and has been nothing but enjoyable hence 16 years of employment. I would recommend employment in this location to any potential candidate. Staff, management and customers are always a pleasure.
An absolute nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 June 2016
If you like being screamed at, demeaned, discriminated against, and berated for poor performance when you're provided no training whatsoever yet expected to excel, and you're a big fan of micro-management in a psycholigically toxic work environment that's full of mistrust, mistruths and misinformation, then this is the perfect job for you. Otherwise, run away and never look back.
Pros
Will hire anyone
Cons
Too many to list
Great since day one.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa2 October 2015
Enjoying working here since my first day. There is awesome coworkers, always someone ready to give you a hand if needed.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short-staffed
!!!!!!
Sales Assoc. (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 March 2014
There's always something going on. The management team is a mess. If your smart you wont get cozy in your position; because chances are great that you will be transferred to another location. (It's not an option; so don't waste time trying to fight the transfer).
One moment your in the companies "good books" & you are amazing. The next moment; you let them down, your demoted, your no longer in the company good books. A lot of long term employees resign due to the constant turnaround in head office, management, as well as employees.
Pros
Friendly staff on the sales level; good Doctors
Cons
Stress stress stress.
I feel that laurier is a good place to work and a great stepping stone to my future.
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON4 December 2012
I work as a Receptionist at Laurier as well as a Sales Representative , I deal with the public daily and feel that I am a very approachable and easy going individual ,I deal with conflict with customers and know that I can handle every situation with respect and Dignity.The people I work with and the customers and patients on the most part make my job easy , I love dealing with people so this job is good for my personality.
Pros
i work with a great bunch of people and deal with the public daily
Cons
pay is not he best