Laurentian University

Laurentian University Employee Reviews

Canada74 reviews
I have worked with several different wonderfully enigmatic, energetic and dedicated teams. Their combined experience has helped me grow and develop. their combined knowledge and skill has been invaluable.
Pros
lunch break catch-ups about everyone's day
Cons
contract work
The money and benefits are excellent, but the work environment is challenging. This is not a place that I would recommend staying forever. The demands on employees can be great at times and can take a toll on a person's mental health
The working in the position as teacher Assitenc TA at Laurenatiian university. A really good experience. Gives me more confidence and cooperation.
Cons
The staff at Laurentian University are great, but if you happen to find yourself laid-off, do not expect them to provide you with any information or support.
My bosses always had my back. You are responsible for certain duties and making sure people don't break the rules. The most important part of the job experience is that you know that you are not alone. Co workers and managers will always help you out
A professional institution that takes into consideration the needs of both workers and learners. Their pay is awesome and they respect your efforts. I would recommend this institution
It was an enjoyable place to work, the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. The job was fun and fast paced and I always felt supported by management.
Students were overall engaged and contributed to discussions while in tutorial. They reached out for help and clarification on quizzes, midterms and assignments.
I was going there in my bachelor of computer engineering. I was complete my 2 subjects at Laurentian University. Mobile Management and Web Application. It was a good experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Laurentian University?
yes good for athletics and development of young students who are interested in this field. It is also a good means of developing strong leadership skills.
the work was really fun and really nice environment.
when you deal with students and how to deal with their situation.

meeting many people from different countries
This job was a part of the graduate student stipend, I was served as a graduate teaching assistant. Leading labs, and marking assignments based on those labs.
This was an ideal job for a student, with flexible hours and independence. I was given several subject areas to research, but was free to work on my own terms (up to a certain number of hours per week). This job takes a lot of self-motivation and creativity.
Pros
Flexible schedule, work from home
Cons
Requires self-discipline, independent thought
management kinda sucked but it was a paycheque. low chance of advancement or opportunities. pension was good. good union helped with employee/ management issues
As a teaching assistant, we assisted the technicians to set up the laboratories for incoming students and also help with laboratory report correction on a weekly basis.
I started as a clerk and moved into taking over a vacation leave.
Challenging at times due to my limited knowledge of duties as well as limited french language capacity. Departmental work culture was not the greatest at the time and there was limited support at times.
A typical day is to do a 4 hour lab with undergraduate students in a variety of courses. I learned how to teach to a larger audience as well as one on one.
Great overall experience. As I was a student, it would have been nice to receive campus discounts at the book store or at the cafeteria. I worked in the student affairs department.
I am fast and efficient with marking students assignments, and final exams. I enjoy helping students when they come to my office hours. I enjoy being in charge of other TAs.
While working with the gameday staff, management did a great job of keeping everything organised while still maintaining a fun workplace for students.
Team work is excellent and resources available to work with.
Tutorial sessions were very exciting with students constantly making significant contributions. Great environment.
Pros
Assitance always provided when required
Cons
Extended period of work required sometimes due to nature of research