Laura Secord Employee Review

View all Laura Secord reviews

Sweet place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2013
I managed 2 stores so my days were spent travelling between these outlets. Most days were pretty laid back and because of what we sold there were not many complaints or problem customers. Holidays would and could boost up to 80 or 90% in a very short period of time so we always had to plan ahead and make sure we had sufficient stock and staff to be able to meet customer expectations. There really wasn't too much that I could complain about in this position other than it was pretty busy travelling as much as I did between the 2 stores and it was not always easy to recruit stable staff on the part-time hours that were available so I ended up covering many extra shifts myself. Obviously the most enjoyable part of this job was having to maintain freshness with all of our stock which meant regularly tasting and sampling the chocolate. Management was very good and kept store managers and staff up-to-date on any new changes within the company and regularly held meetings to touch base and take suggestions from both management and staff.
Pros
Training consisted of tasting all the chocolate. Good wages and full benefits.
Cons
Long hours on occassion.

Other Laura Secord Employee Reviews

Productive and comfortable work enviornment
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 April 2018
Working part time for Laura secord was a very productive and comfortable work enviornment. The staff at this location are hard working and well mannered, which also inludes managment!
Pros
Very comfortable, yet professional enviornment
Cons
Shorter shifts
Ice Cream
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC12 April 2018
Laura Secord is a good experience for a first part time Job, you learn teamwork, efficiency and great customer service skills. The cons is the intense cleaning and getting yourself dirty.