Laura Secord

Laura Secord Employee Reviews

Potentially rewarding, but often overly hectic and disorganized
Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bayshore, ON28 December 2019
While there are benefits to working at Laura Secord, a combination of how many tasks one is expected to do, poor quality work materials, and feisty customers, I would not advise working at Laura Secord.
Pros
percentage off of non ice cream product
Cons
job difficulty, low quality work materials, often missing products
Embiance de travaille
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 November 2019
Peut de coopération
Manque de communication
Souvent laisser seul sur l’es rush
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 November 2019
Management was amazing, i learned to work with a different cash register then i was used to at the time which was great, the hardest part was some customers that weren't particularly nice but overall was an amazing place to work
not a fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2019
I did not enjoy working at Laura Secord one bit. The management was very poor and not good. A typical day working there would be pretty slow but fast during holiday seasons, I hate to say but there was no point where I enjoyed working there.
Taking Advantage of Minimum Wage Workers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2019
This is a job that requires you to do everything, know everything, be in charge of everything, at the low, low price of minimum wage. You are made to always work alone where you cannot go to the bathroom if you need to. Not enough hours are provided to support all the staff, and at the holiday season only 5 staff work the store at all.
Eb Games
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 October 2019
Its a fun job but not much in the way of promotions and advances in your career. You can wear mostly any type of clothes which is a bonus but thats about it for the good things for the job.
Pretty Chill
Part Time KeyHolder (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON8 October 2019
It is a fiscal fact that with more bodies on the floor during peak sales hours, more sales are generated. A fact the company does not seem to grasp- they insist on basing payroll on profitability- a poor model. However, in terms of job responsibilities, tasks and management- this company is pretty chill to work for. The manager was casual but determined to see things done. CoWorkers were friendly, but fought for hours. Clean store and fun atmosphere.
Horrible location, store, staff, and management
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON23 September 2019
After getting hired barely got any proper training and was then left on my own. I always worked alone and was being told by other staff how I was underpaid. Very gross disturbing manager. Got called in last minute everyday and always ended up staying later, but always alone. Customers and other staff complain if you are overwhelmed. Do not eat at this location.
Very challenging
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury11 September 2019
Was great winning many contests and bringing the store to higher levels great holiday creations. Was given opportunity to make our own baskets to bring up the sales.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Wrapping
Great place
Cashier Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 September 2019
LOVE WORKING HERE sndjdjdjdjdjdjdjfjfjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjfjjfjfjfjfidooekeoelelekejdjfiekejeioejriririrjrururitjjrjrrjjrjrkrjrjrjrjrjrjrjirriir
Pros
Cool people
Cons
No cons
no hours
Service à la clientèle (saisonnière) (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC29 August 2019
No hours given except for Christmas and Easter, otherwise under 20 hours. Negative atmosphere. Management always critical of personnel and even Managers are not treated good. They accept no suggestions to improve and they stay in their old ways even with competition.
Its good if its temporary
Part-time associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 August 2019
I've been there for a year and it's a really good job is you're a highschool student, but that's it. The staff will always be small and intimate so that's a plus, but there are no benefits for part timers and almost none for full timers as well. You wont get many hours either. I got 3 hours bi weekly on average. Also at my location customers were kind of stupid.
Pros
Flexible hours, small staff
Cons
no hours, benefits, human resourse department is a joke
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 June 2019
I worked at two dollarama locations I preferred to work at the one near masonville mall. My second location was oxbury mall which not a lot of people knew about. I prefer to work somewhere with lots of people and work.
amzing work life
paid breaks
customer service
fun environment
no peer pressure
if given a chance i would work there again
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 April 2019
Its a good job other than the fact of the lack of hours some people got overall and not a very good social job considering your alone in the store majority of the time
1st job and loved it
cashier clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2019
this was my 1st job that got me started
i love serving the clients
i decorated the boxes of chocolates
took orders from clients for wedding package
i really enjoyed this first job
Pros
met a lot of people
good and bad experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bayshore, ON30 January 2019
Laura Secord over worked their employees whenever they'd be on the job. The management was very poorly handled. Nevertheless it was a good experience to have, because now I know how how to work under intense pressure and how to work with customers, food service, and cash.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Over working and bad management
it was fun working with chocloates and icream but i dont like the overall atmosphere in that store
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC18 December 2018
the customers were often rude to me and it was also a very boring job. there wasn't much to do and the store was really small so there wasn't any room to move when we were a lot working at once.
Easy Calm Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2018
The Environment at Laura Secord has been rewarding. Not only was I able to well equip myself with first hand training on sales, budgeting, coaching and inventory reports. But I was also able to build relationships, perform multiple tasks in a short time span.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough hours, no permanent position, no benefits
Bad company to work for
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK5 November 2018
I loved the job itself- free samples, majority of the other employees and was very slack, but the management was awful. Did not have a bathroom, so we weren't' allowed to leave to go the bathroom. Usually worked alone for 5 hours with no bathroom or break. They don't pay for your parking either, so a day of pay is parking money for the week.
Pros
Sample as much as you want
Cons
Basically everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laura Secord. Our community is ready to answer.