Laura Secord Employee Reviews

Amazing Community
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON21 May 2018
Amazing job and staff. Great pay and convenient location. Flexible schedule and positive community. Not very safe in the night as it was a public mall
Pros
Free Ice cream
Cons
Not very safe in the night
Bien
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC18 May 2018
Tranquille le matin, donc le temps de faire des paquets cadeaux.
Occuper sur l'heure du dîner.
Vend de la crème glacé plus l'été.
Entreprise pour étudiants
Caissière et répondante au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC8 May 2018
Bon environnement pour les étudiants et premier emploi
Emploi agréable, mais sans perspectives d’avancement
Vendeuse et caissière (Former Employee) –  Place Ville-Marie22 April 2018
Le travail était routinier, mais agréable. Beaucoup de contacts avec le public. Le management est généralement à l’écoute de ses employés.
Cependant, il n’y a que peu de possibilité d’avancement au sein de l’entreprise, et le salaire reste bas.
Pros
Bonne ambiance de travail, clientèle fidèle
Cons
Pas d’assurances, pas d’avancement
Productive and comfortable work enviornment
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 April 2018
Working part time for Laura secord was a very productive and comfortable work enviornment. The staff at this location are hard working and well mannered, which also inludes managment!
Pros
Very comfortable, yet professional enviornment
Cons
Shorter shifts
Ice Cream
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC12 April 2018
Laura Secord is a good experience for a first part time Job, you learn teamwork, efficiency and great customer service skills. The cons is the intense cleaning and getting yourself dirty.
Very boring days, Poor management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 April 2018
The location was not so busy, very sketchy.
It was my first job so it was nice to get out there and get some customer experience.
It was a very fun job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
4 hours shifts felt like 12 hours
it was something different
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2018
Honestly, this was the craziest job I've ever worked. It's hard work. A typical day is 30-60 customers ordering 2-6 cones of ice cream each and packaged chocolate. The staff was fine, I like most of the people I was working with, a lot of them have a really interesting story and can keep a conversation going but still stay focused at the same time. And sometimes customers will be customers but there's nothing you can really do about that. For a new trainee, it's cleaning and learning, and there's a lot of learning. But every now and then something good happens and it really just makes your night,
Pros
trying all the desserts
Cons
management
Bonne emploi pour étudient
Vendeuse (Assistante Gérante) (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC2 March 2018
Entreprise qui se souci très peut de c'est employé ..mais la gérante es fantastique .. mais il n'y a pas vraiment de possibilité de carrière dans cette entreprise .. pas d'augmentation de salaire et n'y de grade ... mais comme première job ou job étudient c'est bien !
Pros
gérante en or !!!
Cons
travail souvent seul alors pas de pause .. et dois diner debout devant les clients .
Chocolate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2018
Servings customers, handling chocolate.
Who Laura Secord was.
Manager was great.
Friendly environment
Trying not to eat the chocolate.
The people.
Great Team
Store Managment (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
The store level teams were amazing, as a manager you are in control of the environment within your store. With the right team you can have a lot of fun.
Pros
your team
Cons
retail ups and downs
Was good for learning experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON27 November 2017
I learned a lot at this job - my coworkers are awesome and i liked how you got promoted very quickly if you worked hard enough. Just wanted a change and had to prepare for college.
Fun place to work for
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 October 2017
Enjoyed working there. had great Bosses.. before i came a manager... was transferred a few times due to store closing..
typical day was driving to Toronto every day.. getting store ready to open.. read emails, inventory, count cash, do banking.
Not the greatest management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2017
The work environment was very relaxed, not a busy location so we didn't have crazy business. Management was not the greatest, not very professional at the time that I worked there (2014-2016) but my coworkers and the customers made it worthwhile.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Lots of down time
My Chocolate Heavan
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 October 2017
You definitely make friends with you work in the wonderful chocolate world of Laura Secord. My first job back in Montreal, as the assistant manager I was an apprentice to the manager in the busiest store of the chain, but spent a lot of time on the floor with our staff and customers. I spent most of my time at the two business stores of the chain, where I learnt first hand what the retail world was like.

I introduced tools in both stores to help manage certain results and motivate the team by simplifying certain tasks, and certain tools of mine were implemented company wide.
A welcoming workspace
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 September 2017
I had a generally decent experience working here, the management was very accommodating. The overall environment was very positive. The only downside was the evening shifts tended to feel slow and lonely, as there was only one person working evenings, except for the Christmas and Easter seasons.
Hours ... Managment ... Coworkers
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 September 2017
Hours are long and you will be working alone. When it's rush hour, you'll have customers wanting ice cream and then others making boxes of chocolate and others explaining products and promotions. All for one person alone. I only had one coworker who was very noisy and lazy. Always up my a**. Managment always talking low on employees and when a employee would do something wrong, they never go directly to you but always talking among others.
Pros
50% during christmas
Fun atmosphere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 July 2017
As this location was a "combo" store which means we partnered with Hallmark, constant clean up of cards, rearranging shelves, taking inventory, setting up chocolate according to company guidelines, and assisting customers. The hardest part of the job was during special occasions....Easter, valentines etc. Crazy in store but fun at the same time. the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers. Most people are very nice. Occasionally, a difficult situation would arise and most times remedied amicably.
Pros
Woring with a great bunch of people
Cons
working night shifts and weekends.
What you'd expect from a retail job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 June 2017
Manager was always kind and understanding of worker needs. Tends to be slow paced until the holidays come about; things become stressful around Christmas time and Valentines.
Good for the flexible and keen
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bayview Village, ON15 June 2017
great job to learn basic skills, cash handling, if you move up to management say goodbye to social life, there are minimal bonuses for maximum effort especially during the peak holiday seasons, managers can make or break you in this environment - I've had a taste of the great and the worst of managers, job culture is what you as a team make of it there are minimal efforts from corporate to improve this
Pros
fast paced, good experience
Cons
repetitive, very little room for growth