Laura Canada

Laura Canada Pay & benefits reviews

Canada133 reviews
I Love working with this company However the rules should be across the board not ,one way here and another way over there to prevent culture shock and practices when moving from one store to another and also no favoritism should be seen or known and also a mixture of different ages for sales associates ,and managers who are not just working with their team for a salary but truly love.the company of associayes they work with with when its fake workers can spot it from a mile away
Pros
You learn how to make every woman happy with everybody type
Cons
The prices can be much and not enough incentives for workers
* stressful in holiday seasons
* lots of walking and standing for long hours
* pay is minimal which puts a burden when being obliged to wear Laura clothes for work that are expensive
* nice people and all are hard workers
They are a good company
They could pay better for the stress of targets.
Hours are all over
They need to give better vacation time off in the black out period.
Très belle horaire et salaire compétitif, direction à revoir
Pros
horaire d'été
Cons
direction
Good for building work experience. No real benefits in full time other than dental. Not much room for growth or advancement, but that might be different for you. People are kind but job is not something exceptional.
Highly pressured to make sales with zero commission and minimum wage pay. The particular store I worked at had a supervisor that was always on my neck
It is a high-level clothing store with only a few people working per shift. People working there were well educated and dedicated to their job what they perfectly know.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Different shifts of work
Poor management and moral. They apply a lot of un nessary rules to your day to day work challenges. Gives you the feeling of being watched and controlled at all times. You are made to compete with your co workers for low costumer base. It is mandatory to wear their expensive clothing but salary doesn't match up to the amount considered to purchase.
Pros
Cons
Boring hours, bad management
Management team is exceptional and extremely hardworking. The work is quite demanding but stimulating and exciting. The company is not very generous in compensation. There is definitely the opportunity for advancement as I, myself, have been promoted to Assistant Manager within 15 months of being with the company.
It was a pleasure to manage and work with older women to whom I could call my grandma.

They where all lovely hard working women that had been working at Laura's for many years some over 10 years.

The pay was just average for the sales staff, they are very thrifty with pay and raises. Women working there for over 10 years only got like 10 cent raises and would complain to me all the time about other women stealing sales, all their woes and problems but they where generally nice older women.

There was never any room to really grow even though as appart of management you where always being trained to do managers job and did it on a regular basis.

Not my cup of tea for a forever job, but if you are just a happy go lucky gal that likes to get out interact with the public and loves fashion this is a good part time job for you.

note: there is alot of heavy lifting and cleaning especially during busy seasons and holidays.
Pros
Ingteracting with people
Cons
Dealing with the clean up
Très belle équipe de travail mais je n'ai pas d'avantages sociaux et de sécurité d'emploi.
-J'ai reçu une augmentation pendant toutes les années que j'ai travaillé avec eux. Une compagnie qui a vécu des difficultés financières Suite a mon congé de maternité, ils ont mis fin a mon emploi suite aux difficultés financières.
-Une journée de travail était de scanner les vêtements et les mettre dans les boites de magasins pour livraison ensuite.

-J'ai appris a me servir d'un scan

-L'aspect le plus difficile est qu'on était toujours penché

-Le plus agréable est qu'on pouvait aussi travailler en équipe et s'entraider pour que le travail avance plus vite
Pros
pauses plus courtes- vendredis finir 1 heure plus tot
Cons
toujours penché- exigeant pour le dos
I loved working at Laura, I started processing shipments in the back room and worked my way up to Manager Trainee.
The benefits were okay. I loved working with all of the staff and helping customers find what they were looking for.
Great place to work.
Pros
Loved the challenges and reaching goals.
Cons
Sometimes the hours were long if nobody showed up for their shift.
Fast paced sales environment with little supervision and having to work independently. Good selection and stock of clothing
Pros
No Sunday shifts
Cons
Long hours with no medicalbenefits
My typical day at work would be going in and working at cash throughout the day while managing to keep up with finding and shipping customer orders to other store locations or customers homes. At times, 5 or more orders come in at around the same time and they must be answered within the first hour otherwise, they are timed out, therefore resulting in a loss for our store. That does put pressure on me, however, it benefits me because it allows me to understand how to manage my time in order to find the items, answer the order, create a shipment through Purolator, and finally, package them. I also work on opening new stock that arrives, whether it be accessories or clothing. I have to remove them from their original packaging, price-check them, hang them on specific hangers, steam them and, in some cases, put them on the floor. All the while I have to manage to work on cash alone. I also regularly check emails and clean up the accessories area to keep it looking perfect. This typical job day for me has taught me to be very patient, kind, and understanding in order for customers to leave the store with a flawless impression of the Laura Canada store brand.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Unclear scheduling
C'est une très belle école, j'ai très bien évolué et eu de bons entraineurs. Compagnie très structurée, très bien encadrée. Nos journées étaient bien remplies, beaucoup de suivis à faire et à donner.

Très belle relation avec le gérant de district, il m'appuyait dans mes réalisations ou projets.

L'aspect difficile de mon poste se résume à la gestion de femmes matures (65 ans et plus) avec des problèmes de comportement.

L'aspect positif est la c confiance que l'on m'a donnée et la reconnaissance que j'avais d'avoir été proactive et influente dans l'entreprise, malgré mon jeune âge.
Pros
bon salaire
Cons
primes de bonus un peu restreintes
j'ai beaucoup appris en travailliant chez Laura canada et je suis satisfait de mon parcours jusqu'à présent
Pros
8 journées de maladie
Cons
salaire
its a very demanding place to work: you need to maintain a client book, bi-weekly calls, constant on the go. with the amount of work that needs to be done its unfortunate that the pay does not equate to all the work you put into the business.
Pros
good people
Cons
demanding with poor compensation
I spent 2 and a half years working with this company at the Toronto Eaton Centre location (which has since closed). I was hired as a service coordinator with open availability, Monday-Friday, all day. For the first year I worked up to 40+ hours a week. After about a year that tapered off to a steady Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:30 usually. At one point during my employment I was the only service coordinator for that location for a period of time. I felt over-worked and under appreciated and asked my manager multiple times to hire one more person to no avail. After a few months of this we fonay hired more service coordinators. I was "promoted" (with no pay) to lead coordinator of about 2-3 girls. In that time I was learning/being taught in the visual department and enjoying it immensely. However I was never considered a position to be able to move forward in that field, even as opportunities to do so arose.
In the start of my 2nd year my manager (of that location for 13 years) was relocated along with the entire management team. They replaced a 3 person team with, at the time, one person. And during the year this person was a manager, the company was unable to keep a management structure in this location. After multiple complaints and poor performance of the store, they failed to rectify the situation which ultimately led to this location closing.

I was employed with this company at this location until the last day.

I would have expected better from a company this size and reputation. I made the best out of a bad situation, a lot of the time.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits, no proper performer appraisals, no recognition, no support, no growth opportunity.
overall great company, great values and amazing co-workers.
Pros
summer hours
benefits
My typical day, serving my customers.
coaching my girls

doing my visuelle.

preparing a target every morning to stimulate my coworkers.

My co-workers are all motivated, hard workers and reliable.

There is nothing hard about my job I love what I do and who I do it for.

What I enjoy the most is being on the floor one to one with my customers.
Pros
4 weeks vacation, mobile days sick days insurance benefits.
Cons
Long hours always standing up.