Laura Canada

Laura Canada Management reviews

Canada133 reviews
Not a horrible place to work, but favouritism is rampant. Can only wear current season clothing, but isn't affordable to maintain this even with a discount. There is always a looming threat of being let go or replaced when numbers are down. No real support in regards to building new store customer base.
Pros
Great online & customer order resources
Cons
Always feeling like you're not good enough
Quand j'ai commencé à travailler au bureau chef chez Laura, c'était pour moi la meilleur des compagnies dans le vêtement. Pour la 1ere fois de toutes mes expériences de travail j'avais enfin trouvé une cie où je sentais le respect et le souci du bien être des employés. Petit à petit le personnel de haute direction a changé et actuellement la principale difficulté est le manque de planifications. Nous sommes dans d'éternels recommencements qui nous mets toujours dans des situations de retard ce qui donne un stress inutile qui n'existerait pas si la planification était bien établie. Parcontre je dois avouer que le travail des ressources humaines pour l'appréciation des employés est toujours très bonne.
Beaucoup d'activités sont créées pour la reconnaissance et l'esprit d'équipe.
Pros
Bonne esprit d'équipe et entreaide en général
Cons
Impression de toujours éteindre des feux par manque de bonnes planifications. Trop de chefs, pas assez d'indiens.
Retail/e-commerce companies are usually fast-paced environments, but this workplace was particularly hectic in terms of the amount of work that needed to be produced (or absolutely redone completely at the last minute). The only great thing about working there were the colleagues and direct supervisors/managers. No such thing as work/life balance
Pros
Great collaboration between colleagues and direct supervisors
Cons
Upper management’s unrealistic expectations in terms of productivity, overwhelming work load for a small team
VERY STRESSFUL PLACE from beginning to end you are micro-managed have quotas to meet and have to purchase there own clothes to work there. WHEN HIRED they never tell you you have to clean bathrooms and mop floors and clean. Targets have to be met and so much competition and favoritism that makes the job uncomfortable to work and if you do not meet targets you get written up, IF they don't like you you are targeted to fail. IF YOU VOICE YOUR OPINION YOU ARE ALWAYS PUT DOWN AND AFTERWARDS TARGETED TO FAIL. WITH 14 DOLLARS AN HOUR THEY GET THEIR ONEY AND THEN SOME. have to make mothly calls for birthdays and promotions to clients have to put away clothes meet targets that are sometimes unreachable, the only plus side to it you get discounts for the clothes you have to buy to wear there which again is too high average pants 100 dollars and it cost you 50 dollars plus tax. then the tops and a must of black shoes which is your responsibility. OVERALL BAD MANAGEMENT you can not complain.
Being the youngest employee at that time, no matter what I did, I couldn't do anything right in these ladies eyes. It was the worst work experience I have ever had and I would NOT recommend it to anyone. I would cry at least once a shift because of the horrendous amount of judgement and unnecessary pressure from fellow workers and management. I left my position after one month and going into the store with a friend about a month later, everyone refused to help us and lost a large sale because of it. I do NOT suggest working for Laura Canada and will never go back.
worked my butt off everyday, went to meetings the managers wouldn’t attend , bullied for my clothes + mental health until i asked to step down to which they fired me manager picked friends to be her assistants and everyone else was nothing stolen sales = money for them to buy the outrageous priced clothes which also if you were not wearing you were made fun of
Pros
Cons
too many to count
belle expérience, j'ai appris beaucoup de chose chez Laura canada qui m'on beaucoup aider dans le domaine de la service a la clientèle mais aussi dans la vie de tout les jours.
Began with client development, wardrobing, customer care, telephone canvassing for seasonal client wardrobe presentations, strict workplace dress code and departmental attention. Excellent working conditions and atmosphere featured commission and bonus clothing allowance with hourly wage. Workplace culture developed multiple unit sales stressing appointment setting anf follow up.
Pros
Excellent support from local and head office management
Senior management is full of themselves, they talk about their fancy lives yet most associates make minimum wage.

They remain in cliques, support each other blindly, no room for newcomers.

Time to change up regionals. They are stale!
Where to start...

The workload was enough for two people in terms of high-intensity job, three in terms of regular workload. My colleagues would just butcher it and then act innoncent when the boss would go around asking who didn't do their job right. I don't act innocent unless I know I'm innocent, so the responsibility for casual mistakes and things not done right would always land on me. Even after proving it wasn't me, they'd tell me: it has to be, everyone else says they didn't do it. They ended up apologising for most of them.

The only positive thing, is that the managers were nice. They wouldn't yell or be mean, they'd smile. And they taught me a lot of things, like using a cashier, steaming clothes, calling clients on the phone, customer service, etc. However a lot of the trainings with the cashier were wrong and caused me to regularly make important mistakes I was then blamed for before, two weeks of mistakes later, they found out my trainer was making the mistakes with me (I was getting double the blame). This is on top of the smaller mistakes I mentioned.

They demand you wear a full face of makeup and do your hair. And will constantly complain about your clothes until you wear exactly what the store sells. I didn't even own a flat iron.

The sales reps would try to appropriate each other's sales by tricking me. The youngest sales rep had the same problem as me: she was nice.

I laugh now when I think back, but back then it was a nightmare. I would come home and cry because it was my first job and I thought they would all be like this... 6 jobs later,
 - more...
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
insufficient pay, toxic environment, unrealistic expectations
Très belle horaire et salaire compétitif, direction à revoir
Pros
horaire d'été
Cons
direction
Favouritism is a big factor.
Staff and management are rude and don’t train properly. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all. They have no idea what there doing..
Everyone was friendly but management sucks. Gets into your business when your doing perfectly fine. Worked there for a while and was treated like I didnt know what I was doing. Manager takes a whole week to do her job so the store is a mess and you dont get your next schedule till Friday so you cant make any plana. Expects you to do her job.
Don't waste your time, hypocritical environment. They smile on your face but stab from your back. Very misleading company and old fashioned . No place for growth , upper management puts people they know and want
Pros
nothing
Cons
on top of a low pay they force you buy their overpriced clothes
Basically I had a great manager and working here with the team that my manager had conducted was amazing. It was always fun and it was just great to come in to work no matter if i was opening or closing. Great first job opportunity and place for advancement and gives you many skills.

However, its retail and the company just had sooo much drama enter it that it soon fired a great deal of management and staff and made working unbearable at times.

since then I still re-visit and it is an ordinary retail job.
Pros
Gains skills
Cons
drama
An alright place to work. Management is a little unorganized at times but the people and the manager are fun people to work with. Customers are generally nice too but the the hours and shifts are sometimes random when you say your schedule is completely open.

They usually prefer people with completely free schedules, even if you've agreed to work part-time.
Pros
People you're working with are nice, customers are generally nice and understanding, work is easy to get the hang of
Cons
Short hours, randomly scheduling shifts
Stressful environment , backstabbers , horrible management , unrealistic sales targets , and if you are good with your sales the manager will make sure that you fail by minuplating your schedule , if you want to keep your sanity don’t work there !!
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Stressful, low pay, in organized
i love working with Laura in picking town center the management was great and the work environment was the best. the management is every understanding to its employees
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
hours
- Was never properly trained on point of sales system
- Was always looked down upon by more experienced employees

- Manager "forgot to schedule me"

- Sent to front of store to be "greeter" when cash was overflowing and help was needed
Pros
Discount
Cons
Harsh Environment, Bad management
Working at Laura was cut throat the expectations of how employees dressed were way out of league. If you are there because you NEED a paychecque don't bother they want you to spend your entire paycheque keeping up appearances.
Pros
Cons
Treat employees as an object
The owner is an incredibly smart and an affluent businessman, who created a massive empire. His sons, on the other hand, don't know how to motivate their employees, and allow their managers/directors the freedom of taking ownership of their job tasks. They micro-manage, and worst, they do not know what they are talking about. The Director of Construction/Maintenance/Procurement, for example, does not know the difference between plywood, MDF, and gypsum. He has no sense of construction, nor project management, yet he is the Director of this division. It is a shame, because if they empowered their professional managers to do their jobs and not micro-manage them, the company would be far more successful. Happy employee makes for a successful company, not here! My position has been filled by a different person 4 years in a row.
Pros
Summer Fridays (finish at 13h00)
Cons
Terrible management, lots of turnover.