Laura Canada

Laura Canada Employee Reviews

Canada127 reviews
Perform or you're out
Not a horrible place to work, but favouritism is rampant. Can only wear current season clothing, but isn't affordable to maintain this even with a discount. There is always a looming threat of being let go or replaced when numbers are down. No real support in regards to building new store customer base.
Pros
Great online & customer order resources
Cons
Always feeling like you're not good enough
Loved working with my team and manger. They were amazing, supportive and very inclusive.
Loved the fashion trends.
Loved working environment and team.

I enjoyed the clients that you make and help them feel confident and grow their closet.
Competitive environment for sales, fast paced for service coordinator
Typically fulfill many online orders while managing cash, stock, and floor appearances. Put merchandise out on floor while maintaining other responsibilities. May be overwhelming, but you learn to manage time, and how to do things efficiently.
Very stressful and judgemental environment
Being the youngest employee at that time, no matter what I did, I couldn't do anything right in these ladies eyes. It was the worst work experience I have ever had and I would NOT recommend it to anyone. I would cry at least once a shift because of the horrendous amount of judgement and unnecessary pressure from fellow workers and management. I left my position after one month and going into the store with a friend about a month later, everyone refused to help us and lost a large sale because of it. I do NOT suggest working for Laura Canada and will never go back.
Insanely stupid company
worked my butt off everyday, went to meetings the managers wouldn’t attend , bullied for my clothes + mental health until i asked to step down to which they fired me manager picked friends to be her assistants and everyone else was nothing stolen sales = money for them to buy the outrageous priced clothes which also if you were not wearing you were made fun of
Pros
Cons
too many to count
productive and informative
Employees are well trained in all aspects of working as a sales associate at Laura. Greeting customers, maintaining the store, customer service and operating the cash register are typical duties at work.
c'est un bon environnement de travail
belle expérience, j'ai appris beaucoup de chose chez Laura canada qui m'on beaucoup aider dans le domaine de la service a la clientèle mais aussi dans la vie de tout les jours.
Fun yet Requires hard work to present LAURA in the best Image
* stressful in holiday seasons
* lots of walking and standing for long hours

* pay is minimal which puts a burden when being obliged to wear Laura clothes for work that are expensive

* nice people and all are hard workers
Casual structured pleasant environment
Began with client development, wardrobing, customer care, telephone canvassing for seasonal client wardrobe presentations, strict workplace dress code and departmental attention. Excellent working conditions and atmosphere featured commission and bonus clothing allowance with hourly wage. Workplace culture developed multiple unit sales stressing appointment setting anf follow up.
Pros
Excellent support from local and head office management
Over all if you work hard you will be fine.
They are a good company
They could pay better for the stress of targets. Hours are all over

They need to give better vacation time off in the black out period.
The people that interviewed, changed one you start working
Senior management is full of themselves, they talk about their fancy lives yet most associates make minimum wage.

They remain in cliques, support each other blindly, no room for newcomers.

Time to change up regionals. They are stale!
Horrible
Where to start...

The workload was enough for two people in terms of high-intensity job, three in terms of regular workload. My colleagues would just butcher it and then act innoncent when the boss would go around asking who didn't do their job right. I don't act innocent unless I know I'm innocent, so the responsibility for casual mistakes and things not done right would always land on me. Even after proving it wasn't me, they'd tell me: it has to be, everyone else says they didn't do it. They ended up apologising for most of them.

The only positive thing, is that the managers were nice. They wouldn't yell or be mean, they'd smile. And they taught me a lot of things, like using a cashier, steaming clothes, calling clients on the phone, customer service, etc. However a lot of the trainings with the cashier were wrong and caused me to regularly make important mistakes I was then blamed for before, two weeks of mistakes later, they found out my trainer was making the mistakes with me (I was getting double the blame). This is on top of the smaller mistakes I mentioned.

They demand you wear a full face of makeup and do your hair. And will constantly complain about your clothes until you wear exactly what the store sells. I didn't even own a flat iron.

The sales reps would try to appropriate each other's sales by tricking me. The youngest sales rep had the same problem as me: she was nice.

I laugh now when I think back, but back then it was a nightmare. I would come home and cry because it was my first job and I thought they would all be like this... 6 jobs later,
 - more...
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
insufficient pay, toxic environment, unrealistic expectations
horaire wow
Très belle horaire et salaire compétitif, direction à revoir
Pros
horaire d'été
Cons
direction
Too demanding with their dress code they expect you to buy their clothes, for somebody who is just starting is highway robbery.
Dress code is extremely ridiculous. Even if they’d give you 50% employee discount tokeep up with season/trends, their clothes is 3x more expensive but quality is not so far well off from Reitmans or any other store. For somebody who is just starting a career it is not practical at all. In short you’ll have so much clothes that has to be always up to date and it is something that you never need to have too much of. You end up poor without savings at all for the future and will never get away from unnecessary debts.
Wouldn’t recommend
Favouritism is a big factor.
Staff and management are rude and don’t train properly. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all. They have no idea what there doing..
Not a bad part time position
Good for building work experience. No real benefits in full time other than dental. Not much room for growth or advancement, but that might be different for you. People are kind but job is not something exceptional.
Good and learned lots
Very good place to work and learn diverse things. Worked very hard and felt underpaid for what was delivered on a daily basis. That’s the only negative thing I have to say . Either than that I enjoyed working there and faced many challenging projects that have built me up as an individual and professional in the e-commerce industry.
Pressure with no reward
Highly pressured to make sales with zero commission and minimum wage pay. The particular store I worked at had a supervisor that was always on my neck
Great coworkers bad managements
Everyone was friendly but management sucks. Gets into your business when your doing perfectly fine. Worked there for a while and was treated like I didnt know what I was doing. Manager takes a whole week to do her job so the store is a mess and you dont get your next schedule till Friday so you cant make any plana. Expects you to do her job.
Terrible place
Don't waste your time, hypocritical environment. They smile on your face but stab from your back. Very misleading company and old fashioned . No place for growth , upper management puts people they know and want
Pros
nothing
Cons
on top of a low pay they force you buy their overpriced clothes
Its retail
Basically I had a great manager and working here with the team that my manager had conducted was amazing. It was always fun and it was just great to come in to work no matter if i was opening or closing. Great first job opportunity and place for advancement and gives you many skills.

However, its retail and the company just had sooo much drama enter it that it soon fired a great deal of management and staff and made working unbearable at times.

since then I still re-visit and it is an ordinary retail job.
Pros
Gains skills
Cons
drama