Laura Canada Employee Reviews

customer service
Sales associte (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 September 2017
Working at Laura's was somewhat different than what I am used to doing. Assisting women in ladies apparel is challenging as it requires more one on one.
monotonous and redundant
Merchandising Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BC13 September 2017
initially you might enjoy your work but after a few months it becomes very redundant and monotonous. the management is always keeping an eye on you. doing something right is not appreciated but when you make a mistake its never forgotten. HIghly stressful environment.
Cons
just use of manpower not talent !
fast passed
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC21 August 2017
Some days are busier then others.
Organized daily tasks in order to complete them (s.p.h or visual presentation.) Management team do daily coaching and support staff.
managmanet of midle age to older women in womens clothing
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 July 2017
It was a pleasure to manage and work with older women to whom I could call my grandma.

They where all lovely hard working women that had been working at Laura's for many years some over 10 years.

The pay was just average for the sales staff, they are very thrifty with pay and raises. Women working there for over 10 years only got like 10 cent raises and would complain to me all the time about other women stealing sales, all their woes and problems but they where generally nice older women.

There was never any room to really grow even though as appart of management you where always being trained to do managers job and did it on a regular basis.

Not my cup of tea for a forever job, but if you are just a happy go lucky gal that likes to get out interact with the public and loves fashion this is a good part time job for you.

note: there is alot of heavy lifting and cleaning especially during busy seasons and holidays.
Pros
Ingteracting with people
Cons
Dealing with the clean up
I had a lot of fun helping ladies picking up their outfits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta, Canada27 June 2017
Being a honest person and having amazing skills dealing with people, helped me create a long list of customers that will come back to the store every season.
Pros
Schedule accommodate
Cons
Very low commission
Not for me
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2017
The clientele and target demographic were not who i was used to working with. I enjoyed my time there very much and I hope they can get back on a profitable track as a company
RIen
Conseillère à la vente (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 June 2017
J'aide les clientes à choisir les vêtements qui leur faut.
Entreprise familiale
Traducteur (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC15 June 2017
Le changement de direction et d'optique de l'entreprise, ainsi qu'être passé près de la faillite, a grandement changé l'atmosphère et la vision de l'entreprise.
Pros
excellente atmosphère, ambiance amicale
Cons
inquiétude sur l'avenir de la cie vers la fin
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Lots of pressure. Low payment. Financial instability. Stores closing. Overall the internal growth is limited. Not much opportunity to learn. The environment is okay.
Belle équipe de travail
Designer graphique (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC13 May 2017
Très belle équipe de travail mais je n'ai pas d'avantages sociaux et de sécurité d'emploi.
Fast paced, high stress, long hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
Management is great at helping move forward when I was working there but has since gone down hill. They do not work with your schedule, and are not helpful
environnement agréable et équitable
Commis Entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Laval-ouest, QC28 April 2017
Tres bonne entreprise! je retournerais travailler pour eux, n'importe quand !
Résumé
Chef du commerce électronique (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC31 March 2017
Horaire de travail chargée, conciliation travail famille inexistant, bonne équipe de travail, projets intéressants, longues heures, horaire de travail au-dessus de 50 heures par semaine.
Pros
Bonne équipe de travail
Cons
horaire et conciliation travail-famille
Bel accueil
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec7 March 2017
Accueil chaleureux de la clientèle et bons conseils
Tres peu souvent d'augmentation de salaire, personnel gentil
Journalière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC7 February 2017
-J'ai reçu une augmentation pendant toutes les années que j'ai travaillé avec eux. Une compagnie qui a vécu des difficultés financières Suite a mon congé de maternité, ils ont mis fin a mon emploi suite aux difficultés financières.
-Une journée de travail était de scanner les vêtements et les mettre dans les boites de magasins pour livraison ensuite.
-J'ai appris a me servir d'un scan
-L'aspect le plus difficile est qu'on était toujours penché
-Le plus agréable est qu'on pouvait aussi travailler en équipe et s'entraider pour que le travail avance plus vite
Pros
pauses plus courtes- vendredis finir 1 heure plus tot
Cons
toujours penché- exigeant pour le dos
Great company to work for.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2017
I loved working at Laura, I started processing shipments in the back room and worked my way up to Manager Trainee.
The benefits were okay. I loved working with all of the staff and helping customers find what they were looking for.
Great place to work.
Pros
Loved the challenges and reaching goals.
Cons
Sometimes the hours were long if nobody showed up for their shift.
Good retail job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 December 2016
Pleasant atmosphere, mostly mature staff, respectful to their employees. Nicer high end store, good discount to employees.
Pros
Decent to employees
Cons
Retail hours
ok sans plus
Gérante (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC14 December 2016
Travail de gestion intéressant mais sans moyens d'amélioration
et encadrement insuffisant.

Changement d'orientation de carrière.
Good to work in Laura Canada
E-Commerce (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC19 September 2016
A typical day very quite, too many thing I learned like increase my knowledge in electronic business, picking data entry and help my co-workers, I never had the difficult day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaboration of the co-workers, and an amazing manager at that time, Francis Hannus.
Wonderful learning experience with the ability to learn and grow as a result of good management team and fellow employees.
Style Coordinator/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 July 2016
My typical day at work would be going in and working at cash throughout the day while managing to keep up with finding and shipping customer orders to other store locations or customers homes. At times, 5 or more orders come in at around the same time and they must be answered within the first hour otherwise, they are timed out, therefore resulting in a loss for our store. That does put pressure on me, however, it benefits me because it allows me to understand how to manage my time in order to find the items, answer the order, create a shipment through Purolator, and finally, package them. I also work on opening new stock that arrives, whether it be accessories or clothing. I have to remove them from their original packaging, price-check them, hang them on specific hangers, steam them and, in some cases, put them on the floor. All the while I have to manage to work on cash alone. I also regularly check emails and clean up the accessories area to keep it looking perfect. This typical job day for me has taught me to be very patient, kind, and understanding in order for customers to leave the store with a flawless impression of the Laura Canada store brand.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Unclear scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laura Canada. Our community is ready to answer.