Lastman's Bad Boy Employee Reviews

Like a Family
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 May 2019
I’ve been working at Lastman’s Bad Boy in Barrie for a year now, and can say it’s hands-down the best place I’ve ever worked.
The crew there is great, and I find management to be the best anyone could ever ask for with a job.
They are supportive, fun, loving, but also know when to work and follow the rules.
On birthdays you get a cake and a card, and on private sale days you get free pizza for lunch.
The only thing about this position is the customers which you deal with on a daily basis. Some are great and are super nice and understanding, however some wreak havoc, but its really like that with all customer-service jobs - you will always get some that make you upset. You MUST have tough shoulders to work here.

Working alongside these people has been a blessing, and I’m proud to say I work here.

TLDR: Great place, Great management, Rude Customers, but that’s what you get when you get a customer service job. Best job I’ve ever had. Free cake.
Pros
Family-like atmosphere, free lunch, perks, great crew, flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers
Terrible place to work
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 March 2019
This company is a terrible place to work at; Management is incompetent and unprofessional.
No real training provided or life/work balance. Very unstructured. Management does not care about their employees or customers.
Sales Reps/managers only care about making a sale $ not so much about taking care of the customer post sale, including when they have issues with their orders, even at the customer’s request. Take a good look at google reviews, the bad ones are not lies or exaggerations.
The pay is ridiculous for the expectations and amount of work there is at the front desk.
You’re better off working somewhere else more structured for the same pay.
Pros
Free pizza on private sales
Cons
Everything else
Inventory Clerk
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  North York, ON15 March 2019
Typical day involved ordering stock, data entry, and creating price tags for stores. I learned the workflow and process in a furniture chain. The management and workplace culture was great. I enjoyed the job and meeting staff like managers from all stores.
I don't regret working here but... I hope this helps you decide.
Front Counter Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 March 2019
Typical Day: Usual admin stuff, busy days like Boxing day it's a lot of payments and entering orders (you also leave late because you gotta be balanced - cash - for next day - ideally).

What I Learned: I cannot stress enough how important it is you work for a manager who respects you, who listens to you because that truly makes the work in any job much more enjoyable. There were times when I felt like I wasn't being listened to when I genuinely needed help. the GM during my time was just wonderful.

Workplace culture: Def a mix of those who just want to make money, show off and be cocky, and those who actually want their customers to be happy with stuff they're buying.

Hardest part of the job: Explaining to customers why their order is not coming for delivery - stock issues always a problem, not just at this location. Also trying to explain why service is taking so long if a customer has a damaged product. It's also a complicated process, if I'm saying this from a customer POV. Also, because of the hight turnover rate ( I saw so many front desk people get hired / quit ), you'll get customers calling in from months ago asking about their service claim file and you have no idea what the heck they're talking about...

Enjoyable part: The break, the benefits that kick in after three months (honestly I was happy I had them when I did, they really are worth it and very simple to understand, and DEF helped me save $$), and some relationships - still talk to a couple people because they're just kind.

Overall, if you do want to work here, you will get lots of experience
  more... in cash balancing, organization, data entry, customer service, and those are all transferable skills that you can use in any job, and I can say those have given me some advantages for sure since leaving the company. It was nice at the beginning but towards the end of my time there it did get harder. Front desk associates *sometimes* got high expectations put on them.

The people you meet are nice, and I know there has been some management and staffing changes since I left, so maybe the atmosphere has changed as well.
The worst job I've ever had
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON11 March 2019
Working as a shipper at Lastman's Bad Boy Ancaster was by far the worst job I've ever had. Incredibly toxic environment created by specific managers, (only one of them will treat you with respect) who will not hesitate to throw you under the bus to save themselves. The amount of warehouse supervisors we've been through would make almost a complete NBA roster, and keep in mind we've been open less than 2 years. The sheer incompetence of middle management and up is terrifying. The main warehouse (Fenmar) will make amateur mistakes on almost a monthly basis (which will be made out to be your fault somehow) but won't hesitate to send you a condescending email, in all caps, telling you how you don't know how to do your job. One time they sent a customer a literal box of garbage instead of the chair they ordered. Seriously, it was filled with plastic and cut up cardboard. That's the level of incompetence you'll be dealing with. Having said that, most of the sales staff and warehouse staff I've encountered were some of the best people I've ever met in my entire life, and I keep in touch with some to this day. Shame we had to meet under these circumstances.
Pros
Friendly sales staff and warehouse staff.
Cons
Everything else.
Terrible Place to work at do not apply
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON7 March 2019
The beginning seems promising working there for the first months of employment as a shipper, until you find out all the sales staff and managers lie and backstab each other also they don't care about you even if you complete tasks how they are supposed to be done it is always wrong nobody owns up to their mistakes and blame all warehouse/shippers employees stay away as far as you can as possible.
Pros
free food
Cons
management and general manager and managers
Made to be a liar
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 February 2019
Day after day I was told to tell the costumers what they wanted to hear, or what it took to make the sale. Everything was a lie from quality of furnishings and appliances to delivery dates. We would take the money and basically run. No refunds and no warranties. Customer will pay for extended and always never recieve it.
Do not work here and most definitely, don't shop here.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Horrible company horrible management, worst experience I’ve ever had working in sales!
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
this is the absolutely WORST company I’ve ever worked for! (Finch location)
They are nothing but thief’s to their customers and employees! Was told to lie to customers daily horrible compensation meanwhile your making the company TONS of money...I highly recommend nobody trusts this company!
SAY NO TO SLAVE LABOR
Cons
Horrible pay worked like a dog, the company are thief’s
Good money if youre willing to have no life outside of work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2018
I worked here for almost a year. The initial training was very good I became knowledgeable, and it was easy to sell. This store was managed very poorly. They wanted you working every single weekend and once a week there was a private sale. Private Sales were 12 to 15-hour days and if you did not hit your target you were written up. Over all I found the experience very negative. If you are a single person with no family it maybe a good fit. Be warned you have no life outside of work
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Cooperative team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 February 2018
My day typically started with checking accounts from the previous day and keeping track of deliveries and orders that needed to be picked up from the store. I kept track of custom ordered furniture processing with my coworkers at the front desk, making sure that minimum deposits were paid for them.
The management was very open to helping all of us at the front desk and addressing any concerns that we might have had with certain furniture or appliance orders.
The workplace was rather fast paced, requiring constant attention to detail and resolving conflicts or disagreements with customers.
Despite the job being demanding in terms of time, I truly enjoyed working with the team at the store and helping customers get the best experience possible.
Pros
free lunches
sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON20 February 2018
Amazing company who taught me how to handle a customer in a professional manner. Very nice managers and employees who properly educate sales rep in terms of product knowledge.
Great working environment
North York - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 February 2018
I learned many different skills like, selling techniques, knowledge of appliances, furniture and TV's. Dealing with various types of customers. Understanding their needs and requirements. Very helpful management and sales staff. Provided good coaching and mentorship. The most difficult part of the job is to meet sales targets during slow periods. The sales team and management were very friendly and encouraging, making work an enjoyable experience.
Amazing!!!
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2017
Lastman's Bad Boy is an amazing place to work as the companies management are people with integrity and care about the well-being of their employees. In addition, the workplace culture is extremely welcoming and motivating as each employee is encouraged to be a role model for one another. The most enjoyable part of the job is how each employee is made to feel important and valued. The experiences I have learnt at Bad Boy have provided me with countless lessons such as; hard work pays off, the importance of paying attention to detail, and how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively.
Pros
amazing people, supportive leadership, family-oriented, organized
Cons
N/a
Productive, fun workplace.
Buyer - Case Goods (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Productive, fun workplace. Very professional and friendly co-workers. ( We are all like one big family). There are so many opportunities to grow within the company.
Hard work is always appreciated and rewarded.
Pros
Free Lunches, Fun atmosphere to work. Very supportive and understanding superiors.
Work hard for nothing!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster Heights, ON25 September 2017
I had helped open the Ancaster store location by unpacking and setting up and putting together furniture and appliances. I had been hired full time along with a few others and we had a group of temporary associates hired as well to help. As the store got closer to the grand opening there was only 3 full time warehouse workers and 3 part time. Managers constantly complained about how the warehouse was turning out by being full of products. They ignored the fact it was their own fault for improperly managing shipping orders and that the main warehouse was sending the Ancaster location the wrong products because of the mismanagement! They criticized us for having too many workers for shipping and receiving and compared us to another one of their stores that had been running for several yrs already. It was like comparing apples to oranges basically.
Needless to say all but one full timer got let go after the grand opening. And several part timers quit because of the abuse we had received.The general excuse to those that got let go was "We didn't live up to company standards". This is after the fact all warehouse associates at the time had put in almost 60hrs/ per week working hard off loading trucks with hand carts and dollies daily, rushing to get the store primed for opening day!

Don't apply here, it may seem great and easy at first but in the end you will see that it already is becoming a toxic environment.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, long hours, lied to, Incompetent managers, back stabbers, hypocrites
Ok place to work low pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
I've been working at the head office for almost a month .The people are nice. The job requires a lot and the pay is extremely low. As a company they need to look into the low wages paid for a very stressful and demanding job.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Pay is very low
Horrid Place to Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 June 2017
Got hired in April, everything seemed great at first, the benefits were amazing as well, but I came to realize that everything was only a tease and that part-time employees are only expendable in the eyes of Lastman's Bad Boy. I've worked my hardest everyday just to make sure I get everything done as management wants. Everyday I fear for loosing my job because the management loves using fear mongering as a tactic to keep employees in line. The hardest part of the job is being the only person in the warehouse after a certain time, and there is no enjoyable part of the job.
A whole lot of work with minimum pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2017
A typical work day consist of Part orders, Technician Dispatch and follow ups with previous work orders. It is not neccessarily a hard job to do but because of the work load it is very stressful and not properly managed. 1 person does the Job of 3 People.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
no incentives
comfortable environment, terrible company
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 March 2017
the actual environment of the warehouse is easy going and not very strict. The warehouse is extremely small with an absurd amount of inventory. There's no communication between the warehouse and head office. The store and company are just very unprofessional. over worked and underpaid.
Diverse and engaging company
Furniture Buyer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
I've been with Lastman's BadBoy for just over a year now. It's been definitely by far the best organization I have worked for.

The management have been true supporters in my success at Lastman's BadBoy. These are down to earth, understanding individuals whom i can always share my thoughts and concerns with at any point in time. The open door policy allows me to communicate openly about my opinions/thoughts without feeling judged.

I love coming to work at Lastman's BadBoy because it represents who I really am. The work environment allows me to be myself and inspires me to do better each and every day. The unlimited amount of support from my peers help me achieve the best possible results in all aspects of the my job category.

Being part of the BadBoy team means working for one of the best Canadian owned companies. I would recommend Lastman's BadBoy to anyone looking for a new start to an amazing career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lastman's Bad Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9