Lastman's Bad Boy

Lastman's Bad Boy Employee Reviews

Canada64 reviews
Stressful and an uncoomfortable work environment
Management is very unprofessional and staff including management are disrespectful to administration such as receptionists. Little to no training was made so it is surprising when they expect new employees to understand what to do when they were not fully taught everything.
Good place to get entry-level experience
As a Front-desk associate be prepared to do a lot of work. The sales associates rely on the front desk for making sure they are properly compensated. Customers depend on front-desk staff to make sure their orders arrive smoothly, to express concerns, and to make payments.
Extremely micromanaged - belittled constantly
Truth is, they severely micromanage all of their employees (unless you kiss a**, then you’re treated like gold). If you’re looking for a start up job, than join - but one your get your experience I’d suggest running for the hills and do not look back.
My Review
Great place to work. Friendly and kind management team and staff. Very welcoming and excited to teach as I was to learn. Fast paced but organized, safe and efficient. Never wanted to leave, love the place. Due to the loss of my vehicle the commute was impossible other than that i recommend everyone to work there if offered an opportunity.
I miss that job
Enjoyed working there I wish I could still have that job. Nice and friendly staff, nice environment if I had the apotunity to get accounting position in the head office I will difenitly accept it.
Too much expected from you
He workload is huge and there is no support from management. Unrealistic expectations. No room for advancement. . Very fast paced and stressfull . Not for anyone with disabilities.
Worst company to ever work for
Almost everywho works here is absolutely miserable. The customer complaints dont get addressed and the sales people rush you to do everything for them. So glad he didnt become Mayor...
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
Excitng place to work
Fast pace work get to meet customers from various back ground
could learn a lot re customer service flexible work schedule could be long hrs during holiday season
Terrible place to work
Safety & Security is continuously overlooked here by employers & many employees have nearly lost their lives working here. Please for your own good don't work here.
I've been with the company for over 10 years. I love my job. The owner is great and very involved. My co-workers are like family. The days go by fast because I'm busy. There is great support from upper management. The company is very accommodating so I don't miss out on things with my daughter. Hands down the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Benefits and wage
Cons
I don't have any
Dont apply if you want to have a life outside work!
I worked for the company for 7 weeks, the management pushed you beyond limits every chance they got, they expected you to be robots, when I asked to go full time (which I was working over the regulated Ontario's 60 h/week) I was stone walled and only paid part time wages. I spent my entire summer busting my back and got no appreciation for the hard work, but the management almost got tennis elbow patting themselves on the back.
The management team will find every opportunity to lay blame on anyone but never take responsibility that they made mistakes too. We weren't prepared for a truck coming, it was our fault, but in the morning we were told no trucks today, so we worked as there was no truck and looked like fools when the truck came, then after pulling a rabbit out of our hat and making the unload as smooth as possible, the GM yelled at us, as though we should have know a truck was coming.

My experience there was a daily hastle, and I should have left sooner but kept thinking it'll get better, but it never did. I did enjoy the physical aspect of the job, moving, loading and unloading the trucks, but the mental distress the WHOLE management team puts you under is not worth even a full time wage
Pros
Free occasional lunches
Cons
Two faced management team (all the way to the top of the ladder)
This place is a joke
Not a secure place to work very disorganized don't bother applying you will learn NOTHING but how to avoid drama and how to get paid by sitting there doing not much of anything
I suggest not
Owner and H/O never fail to make you feel belittled

HR met me for the first time called me “skimpy” because I’m smaller size

Forced me on sick leave
Pros
Relation with some co-workers
Cons
Way too many
Terrible Experience
Almost no training to speak of. A VERY negative environment. A lot of wasted potential. A few great long time employees, but the negativity there is like a cancer that destroys the culture, the work environment and the customer experience.
Review
This place is a great place to work and gain experiences. This allows you to grow and learn so much. This workplace has allowed me to learn a lot about myself and also has helped to learn how to time manage and problem solve.
Like a Family
I’ve been working at Lastman’s Bad Boy in Barrie for a year now, and can say it’s hands-down the best place I’ve ever worked.
The crew there is great, and I find management to be the best anyone could ever ask for with a job.

They are supportive, fun, loving, but also know when to work and follow the rules.

On birthdays you get a cake and a card, and on private sale days you get free pizza for lunch.

The only thing about this position is the customers which you deal with on a daily basis. Some are great and are super nice and understanding, however some wreak havoc, but its really like that with all customer-service jobs - you will always get some that make you upset. You MUST have tough shoulders to work here.

Working alongside these people has been a blessing, and I’m proud to say I work here.

TLDR: Great place, Great management, Rude Customers, but that’s what you get when you get a customer service job. Best job I’ve ever had. Free cake.
Pros
Family-like atmosphere, free lunch, perks, great crew, flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers
Management will make or break you
Worked there for two years and I had some of my best times and some of my worst times at Bad Boy. Management will either make you greater or break you down until you're ready to quit and I've seen a lot of people quit. I've seen what's going on from the warehouse to the front office to the loading docks, nobody is happy that doesn't have to answer to somebody else. Managers don't talk to each other about anything, they undermine, go behind or flat out lie to save themselves. I've seen it and had been told to lie just to save face. They constantly try to improve only to make things worse. They force you to work in areas that are unworkable, expecting you to finish the job by the end of day after pushing 10-15 items on your plate on an already loaded plate.

My duties and responsibilities were tough but workable. I had a controlled an area for myself and had to do a lot in my job but I excelled at my position. After a manager got fired, I was solely doing the job myself and it was tough. I became a better employee once I was doing the job by myself and it was a blessing that I didn't realize until I left. I was focused and determined to keep up the area up to par and until my last day there, I did that. One of the managers would come by often to see how I was doing and I commend him for that but can't excuse some of the things I had to deal with. My same controlled area, at times, had to be shared because they ran out of space in the warehouse, most times without my knowledge or go ahead. Management just does everything to make the owner happy, even if it means after a flood
 - more...
Pros
Some of your employees, free food
Cons
Untrustworthy management, long hours, high demanding dispatch, sink or swim work culture, lack of communication
management treats you poorly
they will promise you a certain wage and hours a week and don't follow through. management is terrible and treats you like garbage. the pay in close to nothing.
Pros
some employees are chill
Cons
managers a terrible human being
Inventory Clerk
Typical day involved ordering stock, data entry, and creating price tags for stores. I learned the workflow and process in a furniture chain. The management and workplace culture was great. I enjoyed the job and meeting staff like managers from all stores.
I don't regret working here but... I hope this helps you decide.
Typical Day: Usual admin stuff, busy days like Boxing day it's a lot of payments and entering orders (you also leave late because you gotta be balanced - cash - for next day - ideally).

What I Learned: I cannot stress enough how important it is you work for a manager who respects you, who listens to you because that truly makes the work in any job much more enjoyable. There were times when I felt like I wasn't being listened to when I genuinely needed help. the GM during my time was just wonderful.

Workplace culture: Def a mix of those who just want to make money, show off and be cocky, and those who actually want their customers to be happy with stuff they're buying.

Hardest part of the job: Explaining to customers why their order is not coming for delivery - stock issues always a problem, not just at this location. Also trying to explain why service is taking so long if a customer has a damaged product. It's also a complicated process, if I'm saying this from a customer POV. Also, because of the hight turnover rate ( I saw so many front desk people get hired / quit ), you'll get customers calling in from months ago asking about their service claim file and you have no idea what the heck they're talking about...

Enjoyable part: The break, the benefits that kick in after three months (honestly I was happy I had them when I did, they really are worth it and very simple to understand, and DEF helped me save $$), and some relationships - still talk to a couple people because they're just kind.

Overall, if you do want to work here, you will get lots of experience
 - more...
The worst job I've ever had
Working as a shipper at Lastman's Bad Boy Ancaster was by far the worst job I've ever had. Incredibly toxic environment created by specific managers, (only one of them will treat you with respect) who will not hesitate to throw you under the bus to save themselves. The amount of warehouse supervisors we've been through would make almost a complete NBA roster, and keep in mind we've been open less than 2 years. The sheer incompetence of middle management and up is terrifying. The main warehouse (Fenmar) will make amateur mistakes on almost a monthly basis (which will be made out to be your fault somehow) but won't hesitate to send you a condescending email, in all caps, telling you how you don't know how to do your job. One time they sent a customer a literal box of garbage instead of the chair they ordered. Seriously, it was filled with plastic and cut up cardboard. That's the level of incompetence you'll be dealing with. Having said that, most of the sales staff and warehouse staff I've encountered were some of the best people I've ever met in my entire life, and I keep in touch with some to this day. Shame we had to meet under these circumstances.
Pros
Friendly sales staff and warehouse staff.
Cons
Everything else.