Laser Quest

Laser Quest Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
Amazing Job!
Amazing job and people. It was my first job and taught me very great skills that I have used and needed for my other jobs. It had been a wonderful job with so much support and fun. .
Awesome place to work, with great pay!
A super fun place to work at, with great staff! At times can get very busy and stressful on the weekends, but is overall a great experience. Not suited for people who can’t be on their feet all day.
Great job and environment , horrible management and energy.
The job its self was great. I loved working with the kids and playing with them, but the managers are really rude and gossip about everyone to anyone. Managers picked favourites and the rest got treated horribly. No breaks even when working a 8 hr shift. They don’t care about their employees.
Pros
Job was super fun, the kids are amazing.
Cons
Management is horrible and can’t treat crew with respect.
Fun job, with good people.
I worked with some great people at LQ, we made a great team in which we all got along well and personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. Fun and active workplace with many customer service based roles. Management was very reasonable with requests and helpful with whatever needs I may have had.
Productive,enjoyable and really fun.
A typical day of work was always really welcoming i learned how to deal with multiple forms of customers from children,middle class and elders i loved it.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours.
It was a really fun job
Laser Quest was a really fun job with a lot of room for growth as well - they seemed to have a low turnover rate while I was there, and the management at the time really cared about their staff (location is under new management now)
Pros
Good environment, good hours, fun job
Fun customer interaction, poor management.
A day working at Laser Quest is very busy. You keep social and active throughout your shift and have to be a positive fun ambassador from start to finish. I started as a crew and was promoted to supervisor very quickly. The management can be very hard to deal with depending on your location. I left my location due to the fact that the GM of the centre was rude, over-worked and didn't care if you were properly trained on a task or comfortably ready to perform a task before you had to perform it. With that said, there are many managers that I have worked with that are complete opposite of that. I was hired by one of the sweetest and supportive managers I've ever met and worked for. When that manager was let go, we didn't have an acting GM for a while and had to work with travelling stand-in GM's until we had my last one with the company. The communication between the staff and the GM is terrible. All the staff (including Supervisor positions) were scared to talk to the GM at my location. The GM was difficult to speak to and didn't care about your opinion and spoke to you as if you were a little ant and they were a "God". I would love to work for the company again, but I would never work for that manager.
Pros
Friendly staff, constant customer interactions and room for personal growth.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, hard to communicate.
overall great job
enjoyed working with customers and staff, and had a good time serving people as well. Overall a fairly enjoyable time, and I'm glad I was able to work there.
great crew, awful management
No breaks! even when it is a break you still are required to answer phones.was also very unflexible with booking time off. manager was rude and unprofessional, would swear at staff. crew was amazing i stopped working a year ago and still remain in contact with all of them. we also got a free pizza when we had deliveries so that was cool
Pros
working w kids, great staff
Cons
unprofessional management, no breaks
Not the Best
My experience was not the best at laser quest. I was not able to get a weekend off, even when I said I had a family Christmas. Very understaffed, and not flexible with school and family life schedule. No lunches and barely any breaks so you are on your feel pretty much the whole time and if you were sick some people would make you feel bad for calling in sick, even if you were really sick.
Pros
friendly crew members
Cons
no lunches, not good management, a lot of time on your feet, not able to take off weekends at all, not flexible with school schedules
Amazing place.
I enjoyed working here a lot. To me it was more play then work, my co workers were great and I always looked forward abut going to work. The atmosphere was very relaxed and laid back.
Pros
Free Games
Cons
Managers played favorites
Fun Workplace
I had a lot of fun working here. Co workers were all fun and enthusiastic, as well as management. Would recommend to anyone looking to make money and have some fun while doing it.
Great but stressful enviroment
My coworker were all amazing..hours were not that great thought..boss at the time was a total B..had a few coworker who were extreamly rasist so lost a point there.
It is an Okay job
This job when I first started was great, however, it has gone down since then. Management is little flakey, and it is very rare anyone receives breaks. You are always on your feet and then you sit down for five minutes and you are in trouble,
Pros
Working with kids, great crew
Cons
No hours, no breaks
Good place to learn new skills, poor work/life balance and senior management
Shift work throughout the week. Enjoyed working with customers and training and development team. Good small team dynamic, poor senior management working relationships.
Fun environment, but poor management
Nearly two very enjoyable years with the company, but it became ridiculous how tight the chances of being hired there were. Its understandable there's a specific type of employee needed, but I found it was a very judgmental process. People got let go for harmless reasons. For such a lax environment, it was very strict. The pay wasn't too bad, but I feel as though there should be some form of pay raise for crew based on their efforts over their length of employment. The tracking sheets on employees were a fantastic idea, but there should be some form of tracking sheet for the management team as well, because there were some pretty questionable things done that went unnoticed or unpunished. The management team was very very very great when I started there, but one manager being hired seemed to strain that quickly. The team quickly lost communication and trust between one another, putting stress on everybody. Although it often felt like a family while working there, there were times it felt unreasonably dramatic and a lot like a high school TV series.
Pros
Family-like team, great flexibility around hours, fun and fast paced position
Cons
No official breaks, management, lack of communication
Very part time job
Working at Laser Quest requires being able to work independently while being part of a working team. Working there, the policy's on shifts for crew members seem to limit most staff to a maximum of 15 hours a week, or less. Sometimes you get lucky and find yourself with a 17 hour week, but you usually are stuck working weekends with the odd weekday. Great option for students. Little room for growth but many of the General Managers started out as crew. The staff and environment is very encouraging, the crew as a whole are usually all fun loving and friendly. Regardless of the hours, the energy at Laser Quest makes up for the cons.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Few hours
Great place with a lot of cool people
Great Place with a lot of cool people, I definitely learned a lot from this job and I could never have asked for a better experience. The management at times could be a little iffy but besides that everything is amazing.
Loved the job
I loved working at laser quest. It was super fun and enjoyable. I only left because the work was too far from my house but if i lived closer i would have never left.
Pros
Bonus', Working with kids
Cons
Very little breaks
Fun filled, customer oriented environment, always looking for ways of improving
A typical day at work would be arriving after school at the location and begin taking inventory and preparing the equipment for the customers. This means checking the schedule of reservations, checking the till and party forms, turning on and testing all the lasers and packs. Depending on the amount of parties, clean up of the party rooms is required, as well as a thorough cleaning of the rest of the center before closing. This also includes checking the maze, making sure the packs are turned off correctly, and setting up as much as possible for the next day. The hardest party of the job would possibly be cleaning up a full party room with a full mess left behind a large party in 5-10 minutes, and set up for the next party, or set up key quest (escape room) depending on the schedule for the day. Working at Laser Quest was all in all very enjoyable, especially being the ambassador of fun for our customers. It is always a good feeling seeing customers of all ages having fun at Laser Quest.
Pros
Always accepting for new ideas, always something to clean or organize I enjoy organizing)
Cons
Overnight hours are possible
Great and fun place to work, but can be incredibly demanding.
A typical day at work depended on the day; if it were a weekday, you may have a few games and maybe a few birthdays, but generally speaking the day was spent cleaning. On the weekend, however, it was always busy, with back-to-back birthday parties, constant cleaning, and having to keep the games on time on top of it.
I learned a better respect for cleaning crews in every aspect, and most of my proper customer service experience comes from working here.

Management was generally supportive and genuinely tried to improve our general lives as well as the work environment.

Due to the clientele (primarily children), general workplace drama was recommended to be kept to a minimum, and it generally worked out. Everyone was quite friendly.

Hardest part of the job was cleaning; kids are quite messy, and parents are often rushing out the door without time to clean. As a result, cleaning needed to be done satisfactorily and in record time.

Funnest part of the job was the entertaining you could do in-between and during games. I always liked hiding around a corner and scaring the next passerby.
Pros
Flexible break time, lots of fun, can feel like it's not a job
Cons
Can have many hours without customers, very high energy job