Larga Baffin Employee Reviews

Avoid there at all cost
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2019
Management is poor. Worked in kitchen and salary was poor.makr sure they lay you off before you become member of union. Management is very disrespectful and judgemental. They stereotype and talk behind your back..avoid at all cost.
Horrible Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa17 March 2019
Will lay you off on 89 day, so you don"t become part of Union. 8 week training program, no breaks, faulty vehicules and unsafe.

AVOID AT ALL COST !!!!!!!!!
Pros
No meal breaks
Cons
Poor Management
il y a beaucoup de rasist qui t'empêche d'avancer
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2018
poor management tu peux perde ton travail facilement ton emploi n'est pas assuré
Pros
Repas gratuit
Medical Boarding House
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2018
We have three different shifts in the organization. And I work in the evenings from 3-11. I am now looking for day shifts from Monday to Friday.

At the organization, we deal with clients from Nunavut in the Baffin Region that comes to Ottawa for medical purposes.

I have learned a lot how to deal with the daily operation at the front desk, by accommodating clients, letting them know of their appointment dates and travel dates. I also do other duties with the organization with the Referrals department by entering Future arrivals, booking travel, entering appointment dates on the web system and monthly billing.

The hardest job with the organization is dealing with clients who are here for hospital.

I enjoy working with the organization because of my co-workers and the clients we deal with.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Shifts are moved around a lot
Overall, a solid company to work for
Driver/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2018
Larga Baffin is a great place to work. It provides a friendly and relaxed work atmosphere. I do not believe the driver position is good for a young person looking to start a career because there is not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Meals are included
Cons
low hourly wages
Fun and productive workplace with good learning experiences
Housekeeper / Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2017
Work load varies, good workplace culture, great learning experiences. hardest part was not smiling. Most enjoyable part was all the positive vibes and kind clients.
Pros
Free lunches, health+ benefits after probation.
Daily Routine
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 January 2017
A typical day at working with Larga Baffin Ltd. was repeating the same things everyday. Clean up all the washrooms, go to each rooms, make the beds, throw away the garbages, sweep and mop the floors, wipe all the counters and cabinets. Clean the kitchen and living room. Fold laundry.
Pros
I got to meet people I knew from back home.
Cons
I had to move back to Arctic Bay.
Larga Baffin
Assisted the pastry chef (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 September 2016
Challenges thrown my way were overcome and taught from. I was stepping out of my comfort zone on a daily basis and learned to make it enjoyable and fun.
Great learning experience
Multiple jobs (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 March 2015
Larga Baffin taught me many things, socially and work related, throughout my many years working there. I enjoyed getting to know the many different patients coming in day to day. I also enjoyed the fun loving employees that always kept my days interesting. Larga Baffin also opened my mind to culture differences first hand and gave me many opportunities to learn and grow.
Interesting but stressfull
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 December 2014
The task of driving clients who are coming to Ottawa for medical treatment often resulting in death was very stressful.

Management at larga Baffin changed frequently and were not in touch with the realities facing the employees