LaPrairie Group of Companies

LaPrairie Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Pros and Cons

The LaPrairies are wonderful people, however the management they have in place often are not. They put their trust in the wrong people. There is a culture of being polite, but lacking any real character behind it. Very closed loop of information, and regular lies even when there seems to be no advantage to it sours the relationship and trust between employees and management. Management is completely disorganized, and while they are effective responders, they would have to be so far less often if they had a hint of inclination to be proactive. Additionally, this disorganization and knee jerk responses has led to their fleet being in disrepair, and the get it done now mentality puts workers in situations where they are ill equipped to perform the work safely. Also you expected to be available to work 24/7. They do however provide opportunity for workers to learn, and do not fire or lay people off for their convenience.

Pros

Disorganization

Cons

Training and experience

Don’t expect to have a life, they own you.

Safety doesn’t matter, equipment does not get fixed. More down time due to lack of maintenance then actually working. When you are working, you will be disciplined for asking for a day off, even when your over your legal 24 days. Only a matter of time before someone is killed on a worksite.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

You could literally get away with murder

Snow plow operator

Very good company to work for very helpful in all aspects.They helped to get me in the country and did all paper work set up bank account medical insurance.

Save yourself frustration

Do not waste your time with LaPrairie. The supervisors are all lazy. Mechanics completely inept and Management don’t Care. Mass disorganization. Safety does not matter. They follow only minimal safety rules. They sacrifice safety for money.

Collaborative Team Environment & Easy Communication with Management

I have had a great experience working at LaPrairie. The work environment is positive and collaborative with easy communication between employees and upper-level management. LaPrairie is a family company and treats you as one of their own, which is something that I appreciate in working here.

Toxic environment

Toxic work environment that stemmed from the top down! You had to constantly look for discrepancies in your pay due to certain dispatchers who skimmed hours off your trip reports! I would submit my reports at the end of my shift with verifiable times only to get a call from internal office staff asking why I submitted certain hours that had been crossed out & reduced

Great bunch of people, interesting work.

Very friendly coworkers welcomed me to the company and Calgary. My manager had a lot of important responsibilities but never minded questions. Everyone in office was helpful. Very nice office. I enjoyed helping and talking to the location managers and field staff. Only downside - it was a contract. support when needed.

Entrepreneurial company - very competitive business climate

Excellent concept in the development of a multi-disciplined company the Cultural challenges inhibiting ability to grow and function with ease, collaboration.

Poor management style.

The CSI management style was poor. The health and safety on site at Peace River and all their sites, even the US were below requirements. It was hard to work. Safety of the employees was not a priority. I really do not know how they survive in today’s market.

Amazing company with amazing people!!

Such a great company to work for! I have worked with a variety a companies and seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. LaPrairie truly cares about us (the employees). Great benefits and atmosphere!!

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LaPrairie Group of Companies?

Management sleeping with staff...pot heads working there unsafe. Rock the boat and you are unemployed..very poorly managed

If you dont kiss up you got no job. If you rock the boat with THE office GIRL your done management and supervisors can not be trusted...if only the owners knew what was going on in grimshaw.

Pros

Some good people work there

Cons

Poor management and supervisors

Worked with the company for over two years.

Worked at one of their remote locations. Was a decent camp job, got laid off when things got slow. Management was going through some changes with people getting hired and fired. Never got a call back when things picked up again even though I worked hard and got along with everyone over those 2+ years.

excellent company

laprairie crane is family owned and i would say the best company i worked for yet. very helpful, professional, good support staff and they treat you well.

Pros

overtime

Cons

cant think of any

Short-term

I was busy then layed off in 2015, the Company pulled out of the location I worked at. Drove a dry goods pneumatic trailer, silica sand for fracking around the Peace region.

At LaPrairie Works, you're treated like family. The atmosphere was awesome. Everyone was super helpful and kind. They really just made you feel at home. Even though you were working long and hard hours, it was enjoyable.

Great Family Company

Overall a great place to work, offered a lot to their employees and also to the community. Family company, pay and benefits were good and environment was pleasant.

Pros

familt company

Cons

hard to advance

Very Productive

To much work not enough of my time, left because I was being over worked but under paid. Should never have to work 15+ hours every single day for 20 days straight

If you don't kiss butt you get dumped on

Very poor management skills! If you aren't ready to be shady you won't keep your job. If your honest & hard working they s**t all over you. Workplace is more like working with kids.....very two faced, workplace harassment in abundance, no safety considerations, won't pay to fix equipment properly & if something does happen they find a way to blame it on the operator (paperwork disappears for equipment). Lots of drugs & alcohol among not only operators but management also. Would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. There is a reason there is a high turnover of staff!!!!!

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

To many to list

Good Company with steady work

Great diversity in the people you will get to work with, most managers and staff are a pleasure to work with. Always treated their employees fairly and paid well for the hard work the employees do.

Hit and miss / feast and lots of famine.

You never know if your working the next day.. You wait for a call or group text to see if your working. If you don't brown nose or kiss a** you dont get as much work as the ones that do.. Some out of town town drivers live in their trucks for weeks and months at a time.. they get more work than the local drivers. Company policy i guess. LaPrairie keeps cutting the wages by converting everything to tonne/km .. no accounting for truck line ups. Slow loader operators . Road construction and weather conditions.. Still alot of pot heads smoking on the job..drinking on the job.. It was a job to tie me over until a real one came about. The money was good until they hired too many drivers.. not enough work for the amout of drivers to keep everyone working steady. No job seniority here.. And i see they are still hiring more drivers to sit and wait for work.. In all it was ok.. most of the drivers are good.. Pay check never bounced . Fuel cards always worked.. repairs were done when needed.. Good luck to all that apply..

Pros

Newer equipment

Cons

Poor management and supervisors . Giving work away

Loved working for them. Good company to work for. They took pride in their business and it is family run. They have many branches around the Peace region and in Alberta. Co workers was great to work with.

Pros

good family company

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaPrairie Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement