Lantic Inc.

Lantic Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
campaign work
Work during campaign is busy. Work is steady and your tasks are clear. 8 hour work day. some employees work shift work (12 on 12 off.) Union is thoughtful.
Its just not worth it
A terrible place to work. Don't get sucked in by the money.Yes it's good and so are the benefits but it all depends on how strong your union stays. It's very unsafe as they don't have a proper safety program and no one to run it. Everything is up to the plant manager who the rest of management is afraid of. I was there for 9 years and left last year.
High turn over
too much overtime for free.
Management ask for more with less offered.

High turn over and burn out.

legacy system, management disrespectful,

you need to work overtime for free, otherwise you re fired.
Historical Company
A historical company with a rich history in Canada. With two strong brands to offer (Rogers in the west and Lantic in the east), it is the largest supplier of sugar in Canada.
Good boss and good safety for workers
I really like working their because they treat you with respect
You do your job and safe were day

They see that and tell you

Really like the other workers

I had a boss lady super cool great boss

Makes me want to go back every year

I hope they keep asking me back

I hope you have a great 2019 harvest
fun, lots to do and hard work
alot of hard work, but a fun and relaxing atmosphere, and always something that needs to be done. hardest part of the job whether it be indoors or outdoors is clean up, outside you climb into the piler to clean the mud from the belts and inside is the sugar sweeping clean up
Some really great people and some absolute monsters. Avoid at all costs!
Working in the Taber facility was the worst mistake I have ever made. My career path has not yet recovered. There is a culture of ignorance and "we have always done it this way..." This has led to a facility where everything is in decline. The head office is in Montreal so the focus was elsewhere. I would suggest making this place your last resort unless you enjoy working with unskilled individuals.

There are very few areas in which correct business methodologies are adequately applied, and the result is many meetings without accountability, or action. Productivity suffers and blame is the result. This facility has many key roles filled by individuals who enjoy "playing office" but not many who can actually effect change or commit to action. Unless these roles are changed over to individuals who have professional experience and their big boy listening ears on during meetings, you would be wasting your time and sanity.

There are some lovely people at the facility as well, but they suffer greatly on a daily basis because of the incompetent and downright abusive behavior of others. Avoid working here at all costs.
Pros
Some of the support staff and a few key managers are amazing!
Cons
There are critical roles filled by incompetent and abusive bulldogs, There is not a clear set of actual business practices, Bad practices lead to inefficiency and then blame, I can't name the role but one person in particular will be the key issue
Review
Good place to work, with good people. Monday to Friday schedule was very convenient. Working with people and management on the floor was very rewarding and a definite perk of the job. Everyone was very helpful when I had questions.
Pros
Solid hours and good work schedule.
Cons
The Union wasn't hiring when I was working there.
Soucis de l'employer
A touts les jours au travail les employés aime travailler car l'employeur se soucis de la sécurité et de la qualitée familialle des employés.
Pros
Salaire et conditions
Cons
emplacement
Just not a good work environment
Everyone is talking badly about someone else and if you miss a shift the superintendent has a complete cow. Its shift work so you have to deal with midnight's every 3rd week.
Pros
None, absolutely none.
Cons
Poor management, toxic environment.
Good workplace
Worked in Tare Lab. Took tare samples and directed truck drivers to designated positions. Good workplace environment with good people working there. Hardest part was working in the Factory where it was every hot and humid.
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
Long hours and can be a bit tedious
Good hard work
It's been a while since I've been there, but from I can recall the work was very challenging, which just made it feel more rewarding once you completed it.
Great Team
What really sets Lantic apart is the team. Everyone truly wants to strive for excellence and it is a family feel even though its a large company.

If you want to feel like you matter and are listened to, take a look at Lantic.
Fast paced work environment
Whether you are just looking for a job or a career this is the place for you. Lantic offers its employees the opportunity to learn many different jobs within the facility keeping you on your toes. The opportunity for advancement is excellent for the right person that wants and earns advancement.
Pros
Above average income, great benefits, caring employer
Cons
Shift work
Its an ok place to work
They pay and benefits are great if you can get fulltime, some people have worked here for 5+ years as temporary employees, the management sucks, rules are bent and twisted how they see fit, and it feel like you are managed by a chicken with its head cut off
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Excellent pay and treatment for simple work
Very easy and simple tasks. Majority of work is strictly assembly line-like. Can be extremely boring and mind-numbing, employment is extremely stable if you do your job properly and behave. Opportunity to advance is quick and easy with in house training.
Pros
easy work, nice employees and managment, great pay and benifits, very stable.
Cons
Shiftwork, mind-numbing tasks
Great place to work and lots of holidays. Have to work long hours when making sugar but summers are only 4 days of work. Small town but close to major city.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Energetic environment
fast paced and challenging environment. Loved it!
Wished I could have gotten on perm.

Lots of variety in work areas keeps your day interesting and makes you WANT to come to work.
Pros
year around opportunities
Cons
Can be messy at times. However, nothing one cannot handle.
Environnement de travail à haut volume
Beaucoup de responsabilité et très stimulant. Je recommencerais ce travail n'importe quand
Pros
Différantes responsbilité
Cons
Très politique comme entreprise
High level of demand on all aspects of my technical skills to reach production goals
Found a considerable satisfaction in solving complex, process and equipment issues both old and new. Enjoyed seeing co-workers learning from my experience that allowed them to become more confident and effective as each month went by. I took a lot of pride in seeing production levels and targets being met that were thought to be unattainable by supporting managerial staff.
Not worth it
The pay was ok, but the job was just way over the top. There was really no reason to have to do this job for the pay you were getting.