Language Line Services Employee Reviews

Wonderful. I love to work at hme
Portuguese Interpreter (Video/Over the Phone) (Current Employee) –  California25 May 2018
I love this company, the only down side is the salary. However I can not complain, because I work at home with my pajama trousers. I do not have to use my car too much, which is a plus. I have been working for many years. I love to help people. Also, I love the way my money is always there for me every other week.
Even though is not a big salary, I am able to help a bit at home. Definitely I would recommend this company position to anyone who wants to work a job with little moving out of the house.
Pros
Work at home, no gas, no traffic, no clothes expenses
Cons
salary and loneliness
Excellent Experience
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL18 May 2018
Easy going, self direction is encouraged and pay is timely and fair. Overall, the experience was filled with exposure to multiple fields and types of interactions with limited english proficiency speakers. There isn't much contact with co workers in person, but there is an intranet that you can use to keep in touch and share experiences with other interpreters, as the the job is over the phone and done from home.
Not applicable
Kirundi and Kinyarwanda Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA12 May 2018
It is not possible for me to give an objective evaluation of the company, for I only interpreted for customers over the phone as contractor who worked only whenever I wantewd. I was never been at the office, and had never met face to face with any leader or coworker.
Keep away from this company
English/Polish Phone Interpreter (Former Employee) –  IL17 March 2018
The company makes money on interpreters, however they treat interpreters like the lowest category. Management stinks, I asked for raise every year. I started at minimum wage and finished with minimum wage after working for years for the company. No paid days off and extremely difficult to take time off. I do not recommend anyone working for this place unless you are starving and there are no other options to make ends meet. Management gets paid vacation, they get paid unlike the workforce that makes money for the company.
Pros
Cons
No pay, no vacation
Leading interpreting call center in Santo Domingo
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, DO15 March 2018
Pretty standard way of work. Benefits are unparalleled within the industry.

Easygoing management personnel and a great development and educational program. A career can be built here.
Unstable employer due to management styles, constant merging and poor benefits
Over-the-phone Vietnamese interpreter (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA26 February 2018
Poor management styles without any helpful response from the administration when issues brought to their attention. Benefits sometimes may include a 5-day unpaid time off, 3-percent 401K matching option, and bare-bone healthcare coverage (Mandatory minimum essential care coverage), tricky payment scheme for overtime pay that equates to no overtime at all.
Good work and performance were often ignored while whenever there was an issue or complaint from clients, without exceptions, employees would get the whole blame.
No clear path for advancement opportunities
Almost periodic pay reductions, yeah for real, once every 6 months
Working environment not very cohesive among workers
There is a platform for some posting of comments but heavily monitored and censored, so almost no real communications with coworkers
Pros
work-from-home convenience
Cons
Poor pay, poor working environment, and not sufficiently compensated in other respects
Trabajo en casa, no estresante buenos horarios
Interprete de nivel medico i atencion a cliente (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L. (Trabajo desde Casa)8 February 2018
aprendi diferentes ramos, servicio a cliente, supporte technico, beneficios de seguros de salud. Muy buenos horarios, i oportunidad de horas extras.
Pros
buenos incentivos de paga para horas extras.
Cons
Sueldo base demasiado bajo
A Company That Treats Long Time Employees Like Garbage
Polish Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 January 2018
People that work here for a long time are underappreciated, underpaid, and overworked. This is especially apparent when they bring in a new hire that is less qualified, yet gets paid more, while also getting assigned less calls. I have worked here for 15 years and not given a single raise even though this is something that is promised when you first start working here. I remember getting bonuses very early on for good performance, however this was taken away from most employees after some time without notice. On top of this, schedules are often changed with no notice in order to cut someone’s working time and not pay them. Also, paid vacation time is a joke, considering they do not pay you on schedule and you constantly have to make sure you are being paid the correct amount, otherwise they will “accidentally” leave out paid days. Thus, you essentially get paid less and less with each year that you work here. In terms of management, there is no communication between the employee and management. Overall, The company pretty much breaks every single labor law that there is and do not appreciate the employees that work here for a long time by constantly cutting their pay.
Hands-off, occasional reviews of your work
Spanish Interpreter-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA19 January 2018
Managers would randomly listen in on your calls and then call you to talk about their observation of your calls. There were days where the calls were very slow-paced and others when the calls came in continuously.
Buena empresa con campos en los que mejorar
Interprete (Former Employee) –  Londres15 January 2018
La experiencia y el trato con la administracion fue muy positiva. Desafortunadamente el volumen de trabajo no era el suficiente como para permanecer trabajando para ellos.
work from home
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FL5 January 2018
I love the job, working from home. However the compensation is not enough and I had to have another job. I worked overnight, and I could not have a social life due to work over the weekend.
Fun and productive place to work for
A stimulating and fun company to work for (Current Employee) –  Home Based13 December 2017
A very kind, appreciative, generous, helpful and respectful management. Work very hard to build the client base and provide work for their contractors. I have enjoyed thoroughly my time with them!
Pros
Flexible working, especially for parents of young children, a good pay rate
Cons
as self-employed the work is not guaranteed but you kind of know how much you make on average
Poor
Freelance Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester7 November 2017
There is not enough work offered to me for Spanish, within a reasonable distance in relation to any given booking start time. From working with Language Line Solutions, I have developed my think fast ability and problem solving skills have been enhanced massively. I would describe the nature of the work as challenging mostly but that adds to the pleasure of completing bookings. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I receive from helping those in need of my services.
Low-paying if you consider the skills and job requirements they request
English-Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, Costa Rica6 November 2017
Very little room for advancement, management has favorites who are first in line for time off or vacation requests. They expect to have very skilled employees but do not want to compensate those employees for the skills they possess.
Pros
Little supervision
Cons
If you make a mistake they are quick to point it out
n/a
first-person (Former Employee) –  at home26 September 2017
over the phone translator for Spanish speaking callers from various areas, one had to translate from Spanish to English and vice versa while on the call.
convenient/low pay
Linguist / Medical Interpreter English/French (Current Employee) –  TELECOMMUTE14 September 2017
Very convenient job, interesting, a lot of learning in various fields, good management. Unfortunately there is no paid vacations and low pay. But overall it's a good job.
Pros
Very interesting job and very convenient
Cons
Low pay, no paid vacations
Great product
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virtual14 September 2017
Products and employee's are great. Clients are awesome. I learned how to be a great traveler. I worked from home due to the 70% of travel that was required, so can't speak to workplace culture. The hardest part was the excessive travel, the most enjoyable was meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Pros
Team activities
Cons
excessive travel required 70%
Easy
Lead Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA10 September 2017
Work at home can't ask for more! This company offers opportunities for people to work from home interpreting calls, they give you a schedule and pay hourly! Awesome company.
Pros
Work from home no commute
Cons
Pay
Buen ambiente laboral
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Provincia de Panamá28 August 2017
Alli aprendi todo para ser interprete por telefono. Asisti desde personas en accidentes de carro para comunicarse entre si hasta llamadas de 911 en donde ayude a una persona de habla hispana a dar resucitacion cardiopulmonar por telefono y la persona se salvo.
Fue muy gratificante trabajar con ellos. Fue como mi escuela para aprender lo que es ser interprete.
Pros
Seguro medico, Seguro privado
Cons
diversos clientes de un tema pasaba a otro tema de interpretacion
The salary doesn't compensate the workload
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR4 August 2017
The calls are topically long and one after the other. You have to rapidly write down sufficient info so that you can interpret correctly. It is very stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Line Services. Our community is ready to answer.