Langs Bus Lines Limited

Langs Bus Lines Limited Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
I really enjoyed working at Lang's. I was able to take the bus home and park it in my laneway. In the winter management would start the bus so it was warm when I got there.

They provided me with a bus monitor so I could focus on the road. The kids were great and so were their families. Pay is fair and it worked well for my schedule.
I love working for Lang's. You must love children. Patience and understanding is definitely a must. A love of driving is a must as well as being knowledgeable of city driving.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Seasonal
Great people to work for. From the owner, to all the staff, they truly care about their employees and treat them with respect . A well run professional business WITHOUT the corporate attitude. We are people, not just employee numbers. Safety is the top priority for everyone. Great buses. Many new units and older units are well looked after. Best place I've ever worked.
It's a daily challenge to problem solve with special needs children, hoping to get them to school and home safely and happy. Each child and day is different, that's what keeps you on your toes, keeps your mind sharp. The hardest part is no extra training or getting together with other monitors, would so help with problem solving. Eg. recognizing all types of seizures, behaviour issues in autism, ADD, etc.... If your doing it for recognition, your in it for the wrong reasons, the drivers get it all by the company. You can't be afraid of bodily fluids or the odd pinch, punch, kick or verbal assaults, many times the kids have only one way to communicate fear or anger. But the hugs, smiles, and chatter are worth it all.
Worked there for 3 years
The manager is high stress and very rude

Doesn’t care about anything or anyone except herself

Family can pass away and she would still want you to work!
Driving a school bus can be stressfull and unpredictable at times but you know the managers and fellow driver's always have your back.

The shop staff is always going out of their way to make bus maintenance as convenient as possible for their drivers.
As far as School Bus companies go, it definitely ranks at the top of the list, compared to others.
Good management, good support overall, good training available if needed.

- only gripe (and this goes for all school bus companies) is that your work hours are mostly limited to your am & pm bus run only, with only the very occasional charter run - but this may work for your schedule.
Management works very well with driver's. Very compassionate company. Work/life balance is great especially if you have children. My experience with Langs has been very positive.
High responcibility working with students. Dealing with traffic as well as parents, teachers. Training is provided in basic first aid and defensive driving.
I thought this place was going to be better than the last company. It is the same. You don't get paid all the hours you should, you need to watch your paystub. I am looking for another job to go back to.
Pros
newer bus
Cons
pay problems
I would arrive at work at 630 am, I had 2 runs to complete (high school and public). I gave some children needed a little encouragement and love. Sometime, a few children would arrive on the bus with their hair a mess and nothing to eat. I started to bring a hairbrush and 2 damp face cloths to clean them up. I also would feed them when I could. This was the best and hardest part of my job.
Pros
children
Cons
management didn't support their bus drivers.
Most days I really enjoyed going to work.some days were more stressful than others but on the whole i really enjoyed the kids so much..I learned that each child is very special. & even if i could get a smile or a giggle it just made my day. Management were very good.They had a really great work place culture..The hardest part of the job was the last day of school Knowing how much i was going to miss them.. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the kids weather it was singing to them or talking to them playing little games with the kids.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
cut backs i have only worked 2 weeks since school started.
drive school bus
how to keep children safe and happy

management was good

workplace culture was good

when you loose a child off your run

seeing all the smiles
Started in late September this yr 2017 2018 but i have ot like it working with staff .Office staff makes it seem like they care to your face but behind your back forget it they don't.. then when issue come up they say they will put it behind them and forget it .But they don't. They keep bring it up.well up to you .
I would not work in Waterford for Langs Bus Lines .
Cons
I wake up at 6 am and drive the bus to my first stop, then I keep my time between stops. I always maintain a safe speed between runs.Usually I am on time; however, on few occasions, I get a little behind due to changes in road conditions like heavy snow and Fog. In the end, I arrived at the school safely. Then during the afternoon, I begin the same run backwards, final destination each student home.

I have learned to manage my time between runs. Furthermore, I have learned that despite the importance of being on time, more important is to arrive at final destination safely.

In addition, I have learned how to handle disability people, according to company standards.

In regards to workplace culture, I have a positive image about employer, colleagues and Management, Langs Bus is a very multicultural Company that I am very proud of.

The hardest part of the Job is to maintain aggressive children under control.

The most enjoyable part of the Job is that you get to pay for driving. I love driving and helping people, it gives me a lot of satisfaction.

I enjoy working with children and disable people.
Pros
Well paid for 5 hours, enjoyable work environment, great employer.
Cons
Not enough hours to support a family.
Great place to work if you are a stay at home mom or dad. Very supportive work environment. Coworkers were friendly and dedicated to their jobs. Would recommend this employer
I really enjoyed working at Langs. The children were a pleasure, the management was great and the hours gave me plenty of time with my children. It was a fantastic experience
Pros
The hours gave me lots of time with my kids
Cons
I didn't make enough money to work there long term
I can honestly say that I get up every morning and look forward to going to work! Love the people I work with and the kids that I deal with everyday.... The kids keep me laughing every day. It feels good to know that you have people that have your back and honestly care.
Pros
keeps me smiling every day!!
Very professional organization that truly seems to care about the students they transport as well as their employees. The training they provide is excellent, and the vehicles are well maintained.
Langs Bus Lines has managed to keep the family spirit within the company. My co-workers are always willing to give the extra mile. Our drivers and monitors are very dedicated to the safety of the children and the vehicles that they operate. We all work with an "open door" atmosphere.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Very rewarding environment when dealing with exceptional and special needs students. You always are greeted with a big smile and a positive attitude. The work environment is fast paced and demanding. At the end of the day you feel good that you accomplished getting these special children home in a timely and safe manner.
Pros
Feel good environment
Cons
Stressfull and demanding