Langley Memorial Hospital

Langley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Staff and facility was nice and very appreciative. The workplace was always clean and organized. Working as a nurse means it is very fast paced but other staff members always helped out.
Langley Memorial was an excellent place to do my practicum at. The nurses there demonstrate a strong work ethic and a true passion for patient care. The multidisciplinary team worked very well in collaboration with one another. It was an outstanding place to learn from. The nurses there are the type of nurse I aspire to be. It was ab amazing team and anyone would be lucky to be apart of it.
Enjoyed my time working there. Shifts were flexible and staff helpful. I learned a lot during my time working there and would work there again. Currently looking to complete my RN education.
It's nice experience working at Langley memorial as a present volunteer growth opportunities and customer service advancement great people to work with
My time at the Langley Hospital was both enjoyable and stressful. I really enjoyed the job for the first 10 years. The cutbacks and changes made it very difficult and stressful for the last 5 years I worked there. The cleaners were not payed well, nor were they trained properly, therefore the Hospital became very dirty and a breading ground for germs and bacteria.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
Dirty and stressful
The work atmosphere is toxic in dietary at this specific hospital. The workload is heavy. The management keeps cutting jobs and adding more on to the others. There is limited emotional help.
Busy place to work but your co-workers make it enjoyable. Its like another family, everyone supports each other and helps out one another where ever possible.
A typical day consisted of signing in for shift, meeting with the nurse for updates on Residents, getting schedule of Residents you are responsible for. Doing rounds at start, changing or bathing individuals before breakfast, lunch or dinner. Checking to see if they are scheduled for outing , Doctors appointments, or family visit. Making beds and straightening up room. Taking Residents for meals, setting up for meals, serving in the dining room as well for the Residents having meals in their rooms. Cleaning trays after breakfast, lunch or dinner. Putting Residents in bed or nap time, or get them ready fro bed at bedtime. At the end of shift relaying to the Nurse of any changes to Resident behavior, eating habits or general health.
Pros
Working with great staff.
Cons
I was casual.
work place is great
work with different cultures and ethnicities of people

love my management and staff team

good training and indepth training

good life and work balance
It was a surgical day care unit so in morning we register patients those are coming for surgery, we print the charts for next day surgery and put them in binder. we print medication reconciliation for each patient.we do take phone calls from OR.
We do multiple tasks at a time. while we are printing the charts we register patients and print labels for them.

we do process the doctors orders for surgery.
The group at LMH are an excellent group to work with. They are extremely friendly, accommodating, and mostly easy going, but take their jobs seriously. Patient care is #1, but they make sure to take care of each other too. It was an excellent place to work.
Great and fun place to work, excellent management and co workers.
Always a feel as though I've made a difference when I leave work
I started as a cleaner and was promoted to the position of Materials Analyst/Supervisor.
12 hour shifts

Learned lots in post op unit

Helpful nurses
Loved working at LMH for 15yrs great staff good environment.
Pros
the poeple you meet. the staff you work with.