Langley Farm Market

Langley Farm Market Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
I’ve worked there for several weeks, one of manager even used dirty words humiliate me in mandarin when I made a mistake. And also lazy managers there.
Very friendly, great management, space to grow.
Up on your feet as a cashier the whole day, make sure you wear comfortable shoes. Friendly loyal customers.

Excellent coworkers, great team work.
The workers benefits didn’t include health benefits because it’s still consider as low income salary per yearly. The customers are stressed full towards cashier duties as it gets line long busy hours per daily. Great place to work at and it for if you have at least. 5 years if cashier sales associates experiences, it will lead your towards a great leading sales head cashier supervisor!
The Management could use some improvement, except for the cash manager who is amazing. so you might have a different experience depending on which department you are in.
you are not appreciated for your hard work,
management is all Chinese and they have this mentality of worker are nothing but payed machines, they always command do this do that.
Pros
Cons
bad management
Sales Stock Person:
*Maintain daily duties are met

*Stock tables when necessary and needed

*Maintain cleanliness

*Greet customers

*Answer customers questions

Great work place. Great culture and environment.
I worked at the Market for quite a while. It was a perfectly adequate position for the part-time work-life balance I was looking for. The hours were manageable, and the work was simple. It lacked the stimulation that I find engaging, other than that it was just fine.
This is a terrible place to work . There are too many bosses and not enough workers.. The management thinks nothing harassing workers , this includes publicly shaming them in front of customers.There is no appreciation for a job well done.
Pros
10 percent discount on fruits and veggies
Cons
Overworked and not appreciated
I've worked for Langley Farm Market for 6 years. "A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose motivation"
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad mangers
Was not a very busy place. Management didn't really speak English so communication was difficult. Ordering, shrink/salvage was an issue and took a long time to resolve.
A typical day at work is no doubt very hectic but it is fun as talking with costumers. I learned many things including how to handle many costumers at one time.The most enjoyable part of the job is to serving costumers with variety of foods and talking to them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Langley Farm Market has been a great place of employment. A typical day at work is always very easy going, the rushes in the deli are easy to deal with. Ive learned valuable customer service skills that i will carry with me to any job i get after Langley Farm Market. The hardest part of the job doesn't exist here, everything is very easy and when it comes to resolving issues with management or customers its always done effectively and efficiently. I enjoy all aspects of this job, the employees work well with each other and theres never been an issue with how management treats their employees.
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
not enough hours
It could be a temporary part-time job in Langley Farm. The management is bad in general as the system is odd. The system is outdated. Workplace culture is weak.
I enjoy going into work every day. I love the people I work with and I love interacting with the customers.
On a typical day, I get to work, take the temperatures, clean out the cooler, and help customers. On certain days I deal with representatives, place orders, and put away deliveries.

One of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with grumpy customers.

One of the best parts of my job is the people I am able to interact with all day. The customers and my fellow employees.

Working in this industry, I've learned to be a team player. Also, how to deal with difficult people and still stay positive.

We have a great management team. If we have problems, the managers are very eager to help.
Pros
Great co-workers, great customers, and good hours.
Cons
Occasional difficult customers.
 Delivering fast and accurate check-out service
 Providing courteous support in customer enquiry