Langley Farm Market Employee Reviews

Toxic work environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows14 January 2019
This is a terrible place to work . There are too many bosses and not enough workers.. The management thinks nothing harassing workers , this includes publicly shaming them in front of customers.There is no appreciation for a job well done.
Pros
10 percent discount on fruits and veggies
Cons
Overworked and not appreciated
Not a good job long term
Deli Clerk/Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC17 May 2018
I've worked for Langley Farm Market for 6 years. "A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee and the remainder to lose motivation"
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad mangers
Not much fun
Meat Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC26 April 2018
Was not a very busy place. Management didn't really speak English so communication was difficult. Ordering, shrink/salvage was an issue and took a long time to resolve.
work at 7 eleven
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 December 2017
A typical day at work is no doubt very hectic but it is fun as talking with costumers. I learned many things including how to handle many costumers at one time.The most enjoyable part of the job is to serving costumers with variety of foods and talking to them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good place to work, very flexible when it comes to balancing life outside of work
DELI CLERK AND CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC12 October 2017
Langley Farm Market has been a great place of employment. A typical day at work is always very easy going, the rushes in the deli are easy to deal with. Ive learned valuable customer service skills that i will carry with me to any job i get after Langley Farm Market. The hardest part of the job doesn't exist here, everything is very easy and when it comes to resolving issues with management or customers its always done effectively and efficiently. I enjoy all aspects of this job, the employees work well with each other and theres never been an issue with how management treats their employees.
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
not enough hours
A temporary part-time job
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC25 January 2017
It could be a temporary part-time job in Langley Farm. The management is bad in general as the system is odd. The system is outdated. Workplace culture is weak.
Productive and fun environment.
Deli Co-Supervisor (fulltime) (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC11 September 2016
I enjoy going into work every day. I love the people I work with and I love interacting with the customers.
On a typical day, I get to work, take the temperatures, clean out the cooler, and help customers. On certain days I deal with representatives, place orders, and put away deliveries.
One of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with grumpy customers.
One of the best parts of my job is the people I am able to interact with all day. The customers and my fellow employees.
Working in this industry, I've learned to be a team player. Also, how to deal with difficult people and still stay positive.
We have a great management team. If we have problems, the managers are very eager to help.
Pros
Great co-workers, great customers, and good hours.
Cons
Occasional difficult customers.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 October 2014
 Delivering fast and accurate check-out service
 Providing courteous support in customer enquiry